Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

CascadeBeta posted:

There isn't a mod that adds more scars to the game, is there? I want my character to be just a total wreck by the time I'm done playing Fallout.

Also I'm experiencing a bug where none of the Diamond City Guards are wearing clothes. I'm assuming that's a bug with AWKCR or something.

Edit: Also, I figured out my merged patch issue. Turns out I had some launch rear end mod installed for extended weapon mods or something that was lying dormant until merged. I have no idea how it got installed or when, but as soon as I removed it everything started working fine.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14171/

This and the required LooksMenu. Lots of crap, but also some nice stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Last Nexus mod round up for the end of the year. Also, if some other goon wants to do this I am fine with that. I've not had the game on my HD in a few weeks now and my interest for the time being is drifting.

If you have been around the clock in PC Gaming you might remember a little interesting PC Game series called No One Lives Forever which was a fantastic parody of Sixties spy stuff. If you liked what the main character, Kate Archer wore which is some swanky sixties outfits now your character too can wear them.

Get them all here with Kate Archer Outfits.

Remington 870 Police Magnum Shotgun.

A reworking and re-release of the M1 Carbine mod that dropped earlier last year when they unleashed the GECK.

Somebody mentioned this earlier in the thread but Gun Smoke is a mod that is working on adding a little bit of of nicer looking barrel flash and gun powder smoke into the firearms of the game. It is in beta at the moment but they are tweaking it as we speak.

Hate that Doctor Sun becomes a basement dweller after that sidequest? this mod returns him to the ground level bit of the clinic in Diamond City after that quest.

Weight Overhaul tweaks the object weight system to something like real life. Tiny items like spoons and cigar boxes have very low values compared to bigger and bulkier objects.

Armstrong and Duke gives you a pair of voiced old crusty cowboy gun slinger types of companions, one human and one mutie.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

CascadeBeta posted:

There isn't a mod that adds more scars to the game, is there? I want my character to be just a total wreck by the time I'm done playing Fallout.

I dunno but vanilla lets you make some real monstrosities.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
Horizon: I worked so hard to get to this point and now it won't let me progress :-(

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.
Scroll down, you probably are missing one of the vegetables. It doesn't show the scroll bar in DEFUI for some reason. I thought this was a bug too, until I realized I needed corn, and hadn't found any yet.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20890/

Hey, a mod to take power armor frames off corpses of people wearing power armor! Excellent.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

AgentHaiTo posted:

Scroll down, you probably are missing one of the vegetables. It doesn't show the scroll bar in DEFUI for some reason. I thought this was a bug too, until I realized I needed corn, and hadn't found any yet.

That was it! Thanks.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.
So this is probably a bug, but I have We are Minuteman installed with Horizon, and occasionally when I use my Caravan Supply to fast travel(not sure if it's related, or just the time taken makes them show up for whatever reason, but I haven't used the flare gun at all), it summons a couple of Minutemen grunts who follow me around constantly. They won't zone into buildings with me, but they will follow me across the wasteland where ever I go. So somehow I had at least 6-8 Minutemen following me at one point, and I remembered there was a Super Mutant base near Diamond City that kicked my rear end when I was trying to get there from Vault 81 for the first time. I don't like fighting Super Mutants in Horizon, because they take more ammo to kill and I have to conserve it, and I have no success going melee with them.

So anyway, I decide to raid the Super Mutants with Preston and our squad of Minuteman. One of the Diamond City guards got brought into the battle as well. It was a crazy battle that was at least a several minutes long, considering the DC guard got down to less than 10% and he is skull level to me. All the minutemen got taken out, as they are all newbies with pipe pistols(It was a bit sad looting them afterwards, because the modder gave them random junk personal items, like one guy who had a baseball). I mostly hid and took pot shots with the few bullets I had, while hiding behind some barriers. One of the weird things with Horizon is that you have a lot less ammo, but all NPCs have unlimited ammo. I have a lot of .38 ammo, but my good weapons use .308 or .45 which I have had less than a dozen bullets each and I'm level 8.

The good news with Horizon is I have the food/water situation pretty much handled. I spent nearly all my Level 5 VANs perks on Perks that help me either get food, or help me make stuff, like antidotes, and I have one "Good" settlement and my other upcoming settlements are Ten Pines and Oberland, both with Caravan Supply stations where I can fast travel to(All my other settlements have 0 settlers). My Purified Water is coming in regularly at 4 a day now, and when I take a few days trips down to DC, I can come back and there's like 8-12 purified water waiting for me.
I have a machete and I hack up any RadStag of random Brahmin I see, as well as Molerats, so I have all kinds of cooked food now always with me.

The bad news is I kind of suck at shooting things, and I cannot melee actual bad guys(animals I do ok) for the life of me. I can kill most Raiders(haven't fought any gunners yet), but anything monster like I need to cheese them with various kiting tactics like sniping from far away and then mining their route to me.

That reminds me, I had another fun time defending Ten Pines from a horde of ghouls last night. The first try, I totally got mobbed when I tried to hide in the shack, because I could not reload fast enough, and the ghouls were literally throwing themselves into the little shack. I forgot to count, but it was about 20 of them with one skull level ghoul versus 3 settlers, piper, and me(I have More Spawns Scripted installed). Loaded a save, and second time around I built two pipe turrets on the roof, along with stairs to reach it, then removed the stairs right before the attack. It was also somehow dark and raining, so the perfect time for ghouls to attack. Good thing I don't set mortality on the settlers though as they and poor Piper got dog-piled while the turrets took out everything, and I took pot shots again from the safety of the roof.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA
I just started a survival run yesterday with Horizon, Armorsmith, Crossbows of the Commonwealth, the unofficial patch, and the Doomcannon Modular Simonov mod. Liking it a lot so far, lots of scrounging for bits and bobs, raiding out of hangman's alley and retreating to vault 88 once I'm all hosed up and need a doc.

The Reverb mod is amazing, and the Extended weapon mods makes pipe rifles even more bonkers with the machinegun thing.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

I just started a survival run yesterday with Horizon, Armorsmith, Crossbows of the Commonwealth, the unofficial patch, and the Doomcannon Modular Simonov mod. Liking it a lot so far, lots of scrounging for bits and bobs, raiding out of hangman's alley and retreating to vault 88 once I'm all hosed up and need a doc.

The Reverb mod is amazing, and the Extended weapon mods makes pipe rifles even more bonkers with the machinegun thing.

Reverb and Weapons of Fate make long gun battles seem really visceral. I wear headphones when I play, and when I can hear and see the bullets raining around me, I'm hopping behind cover as soon as I can, scanning around for the shooters. And I play with Regrowth, so there are trees everywhere. Reminds me of that old shooter called Vietcong if anyone remembers that game.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

So I found out why I kept getting extra Minutemen and why I get red clouds on enemies. They are both from More Smarter Companions. Preston was using the Flare gun, and must always be shooting it off, which is why I was getting so many Minutemen grunts. And Dogmeat gets a find enemies ability, that shows me red clouds on everyone. I was a little behind in versions on that mod, so I'm hoping version 13 fixes their overuse of those abilities, but otherwise, I'm pretty happy with it, and at least both of those skills were working of a sorts, just my bad non-reading the full description of the mod getting me there.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

Extremely good Horizon thing: taking over Jamaica Plain with a dozen odd bullets, three bottlecap mines, and the police protectrons; having to wander over to the power armor, with no fusion cores, just to clunk slowly around the military checkpoint and grab all the ammo there, Mr Gutsy plinking at my armor the whole time.

Extremely bad Horizon thing: items going missing, like food in my inventory using the caravan fast travel system, and a goddamned filter I had built going missing in between the robotics workshop and the general store at my settlement.

Also bad Horizon thing: Finally getting to build a medium water purifier that's meant to generate 10 purified water, and only getting one per day while my liquid fuel starts getting consumed.

Catalyst-proof fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jan 1, 2017

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

More of a furnace, really

horse mans posted:

Extremely good Horizon thing: taking over Jamaica Plain with a dozen odd bullets, three bottlecap mines, and the police protectrons; having to wander over to the power armor, with no fusion cores, just to clunk slowly around the military checkpoint and grab all the ammo there, Mr Gutsy plinking at my armor the whole time.

Extremely bad Horizon thing: items going missing, like food in my inventory using the caravan fast travel system, and a goddamned filter I had built going missing in between the robotics workshop and the general store at my settlement.

Also bad Horizon thing: Finally getting to build a medium water purifier that's meant to generate 10 purified water, and only getting one per day while my liquid fuel starts getting consumed.

The purifier generates 10 water units, not 10 bottles. The conversion rate is 10 units/bottle.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

Terrorforge posted:

The purifier generates 10 water units, not 10 bottles. The conversion rate is 10 units/bottle.

Yeah, realized that after going through the documentation again. But that makes liquid fuel even more precious, and I've only found 7 units after 18 hours in this playthrough. I kind of hoped the agony of getting a purifier set up would frontload some of the pain of getting purified water, but now it's a race to find enough fuel to keep just one purifier going, for one purifier water a day.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

horse mans posted:

Yeah, realized that after going through the documentation again. But that makes liquid fuel even more precious, and I've only found 7 units after 18 hours in this playthrough. I kind of hoped the agony of getting a purifier set up would frontload some of the pain of getting purified water, but now it's a race to find enough fuel to keep just one purifier going, for one purifier water a day.

I believe what you're supposed to do is set up an oil well and use that to craft more fuel, though it seems you need to be level 10 for that.

And if like me you don't enjoy managing actual full-scale settlements then yeah, you're stuck with whatever you can scavenge. My personal solution has been to just take the radiation hit (as mentioned previously I am camped out near Diamond City and have regular access to a doctor) and save up the Purified Water for crafting, and hopefully eventually enough of a stockpile to actually drink it.

Oh and btw I hope you like hanging out in your settlement because there's a weird bug that causes production to halt when you're too far away.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

I honestly don't mind settlement building; I've had a ton of fun putting things together (ignoring the lifeless settlers, terrible pathfinding, lovely raid chance calculation, almost zero chance to have raids occur when you're in your settlement, stock prices for everything despite you building the stores and hiring the workers, frustratingly small build areas, finicky item placement, inability to hide from radstorms no matter how fortified your buildings, and about a dozen other things).

I just want to make sure no more items go missing randomly, like that filter.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

horse mans posted:

I honestly don't mind settlement building; I've had a ton of fun putting things together (ignoring the lifeless settlers, terrible pathfinding, lovely raid chance calculation, almost zero chance to have raids occur when you're in your settlement, stock prices for everything despite you building the stores and hiring the workers, frustratingly small build areas, finicky item placement, inability to hide from radstorms no matter how fortified your buildings, and about a dozen other things).

I just want to make sure no more items go missing randomly, like that filter.

You sure it's just not in a weird place? iirc the filters show up under "Misc" rather than "Junk", which makes sense but threw me off to start with.

Alternatively, I also had a bug where some of my components got "stuck" in a Chemistry Workbench. I could craft with them at that specific workbench, but they didn't show up in the settlement workbench inventory and I couldn't use them anywhere else. After a lot of trial and error I found that scrapping something in the settlement (in this case specifically a kickball, but it probably works with any item and possibly settlement objects) made them reappear.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

Terrorforge posted:

You sure it's just not in a weird place? iirc the filters show up under "Misc" rather than "Junk", which makes sense but threw me off to start with.

Alternatively, I also had a bug where some of my components got "stuck" in a Chemistry Workbench. I could craft with them at that specific workbench, but they didn't show up in the settlement workbench inventory and I couldn't use them anywhere else. After a lot of trial and error I found that scrapping something in the settlement (in this case specifically a kickball, but it probably works with any item and possibly settlement objects) made them reappear.

Positive. I had one filter, checked to see the requirements for the purifier, saw it was four, got out of workshop mode and over to the general store in my settlement, bought the ingredients I needed for two more, built two, went into workshop mode and it said I only had two filters. Didn't go into any workshop inventory, didn't sell it off. Something definitely went screwy there and it wasn't the first time, just the first time it happened with such a maddeningly important item.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Anyone having trouble with MO not launching FO4? It launches fine when I launch it through steam, but it refuses to launch through MO.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

per Horizon talk, make sure you pick up those red Gas Canisters, I think they are 3 Liquid Fuel each. Also, outside of the Super Duper Mart in Lexington are a bunch of of Mr. Handy fuel canisters, which I think are another 3 Liquid Fuel(maybe 4). And since I've only been using for water production, I use 4 a day for the 4 x 10 water units I have up at Sanctuary. None of my other settlements have any Horizon stuff, and I won't be setting up elsewhere, so all my Liquid Fuel can go there. I did build a Lumber Mill because the quest said to(even though it says not implemented yet), but I took the settler off of it, because I don't need Wood.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Anybody get occasional audio clipping with the reverb mod? And is there a way around the non-sticking settings when you use TrueStorms?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I ended up breaking my mods using Fallout 4 tweak or whatever it is, and restoring them from a NMM backup is a huge pain in the rear end.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Is there a good PS4 mod guide out there?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Unoctium has finally finished it.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

gently caress yes, I've been looking for exactly something like this.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Man, stuff like this, I always want to put other stuff on top of it, like the Minuteman coat or something. I love that suit, but it looks so naked.

EDIT: oh hey, wait, there's apparently some stuff you can layer on it in an addon that's just not listed in the plugin, that looks pretty drat awesome.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jan 3, 2017

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Midnight Voyager posted:

it looks so naked.

I think that has a lot to do with why so many people like it.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

I am like you, I have no name.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Good eye on spotting that one on the Nexus.

Another post of good mods this week on the Nexus, sadly I have less that 9000 characters left on my post near the OP with my own small list and when I am done I am done.

B-35 Combat Power Armor

Regenerating Power Armor Battery

Customisable Vault Suit Skins

Wastelander's XM2076 Snipe Rifle

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Midnight Voyager posted:

I love that suit, but it looks so naked.

No idea what would make you think that.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I haven't played in a long time, what is the best "build more things for your settlement" mod now? I think I used Homemaker last time.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

sean10mm posted:

I haven't played in a long time, what is the best "build more things for your settlement" mod now? I think I used Homemaker last time.

I've had a good time with Workshop Rearranged.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

I'm having mad framerate drops playing FROST, and to a lesser extent Horizon and vanilla. What are some good performance mods that don't alter game asset so they're compatible with complete overhaul mods?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Make sure you get Horizon 0.96 if you're playing, added some good stuff. Also I'll look for some optimization mods for you but the biggest one is shadowboost for me

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Terrorforge posted:

I'm having mad framerate drops playing FROST, and to a lesser extent Horizon and vanilla. What are some good performance mods that don't alter game asset so they're compatible with complete overhaul mods?

I get the same but only in downtown Boston, and I'm not sure if it's related to Horizon or one of the many other mods I have like Regrowth. Mine is so bad, that sometimes the world gets all blurry as all the textures somehow downgrade themselves, and sometime soon after my game crashes instantly to Windows. Then if I reload a save, I can run thru the same area fine, so I'm not sure what it is, and I can't duplicate it except that it only happens in the city.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
So, thanks tit modders, because you guys make pretty good tools for stuff.

I decided to try to remove the crotch bit on the Minutemen General armor and it snowballed. So I present Babby's First Mesh Mashup. Still tweaking it. (And it's using this)

Eliminating clipping is really such a pain in the rear end. It looks so different ingame from in body shop.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 5, 2017

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
I dipped into messing around with modding this game and it ended up being a whole rabbit hole, as modding Bethesda games tends to. In the process, I belatedly started messing with Weaponsmith Extended in particular--and in working to try to shore up Valdacil's Item Sorting / Weapons of Fate / etc. compatibility and uniformity, there's a few things that have been annoying little details I'm trying to resolve--and was curious on a limb if anyone else with FO4Edit experience / working with this particular mod might be able to weigh in.

First, is that at the crafting bench, a fair number of the new arsenal don't show a preview model over the crafting pane; it's inconsistent in this regard, as some of the weapons show up fine, and all of the weapons show their models in the Pipboy inventory etc.--just not during the actual crafting portion. Additionally, some of the weapons show a part of the model, e.g. some new melee weapons showing hilt but nothing else etc. Is there an entry somewhere in the ESP that's trying to make a call to models that aren't extant, was this a matter of the modders just omitting this facet or what?

One of the included weapons in the mix is the .223 handgun--which also has its own reload sound. Due to a goof-up, they inadvertently made all revolvers use that reload sound with the little charge-up sound at the end--but I can't figure out what I should be looking for in FO4Edit's records to potentially excise or isolate that particular little goof.

In the vein of trying to make everything play nice with New Calibers and Valdacil's Item Sorting, I've also started poking at making a manual override esp for weapons that aren't part and parcel with Weaponsmith Extended in an effort to bring them in line with some of the same balance decisions (e.g. base damage on weapons by original caliber type, keywords to flag them as the correct 'type' of weapon with VIS' icons, etc.) I'm also trying to get things to work with Visual Reload, since that seems -mostly- straightforward, but I haven't quite wrapped my head around how to add the scripts to a new weapon manually yet.

I really wish they'd made a reference file with formID records or the like to work off of though, as it's pretty cumbersome to try to match like-weapon-types and manually edit -> copy -> edit -> paste individual records. There aren't a lot of them, but I'd like to try to bring them all into the same general parameters. That being said, I think WSE's balance is a little dubious--as even on Very Hard in the 30s - 40s level range it's pretty easy to get a semi-auto rifle downing most enemies in a shot or two after factoring in damage perks and the like.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GaistHeidegger posted:

I dipped into messing around with modding this game and it ended up being a whole rabbit hole, as modding Bethesda games tends to. In the process, I belatedly started messing with Weaponsmith Extended in particular--and in working to try to shore up Valdacil's Item Sorting / Weapons of Fate / etc. compatibility and uniformity, there's a few things that have been annoying little details I'm trying to resolve--and was curious on a limb if anyone else with FO4Edit experience / working with this particular mod might be able to weigh in.

First, is that at the crafting bench, a fair number of the new arsenal don't show a preview model over the crafting pane; it's inconsistent in this regard, as some of the weapons show up fine, and all of the weapons show their models in the Pipboy inventory etc.--just not during the actual crafting portion. Additionally, some of the weapons show a part of the model, e.g. some new melee weapons showing hilt but nothing else etc. Is there an entry somewhere in the ESP that's trying to make a call to models that aren't extant, was this a matter of the modders just omitting this facet or what?

You might have to look at the separate mods for this one. Since it's a compilation, they're not likely to be consistent, but it's hard to tell which side hosed up without looking at the originals.

GaistHeidegger posted:

One of the included weapons in the mix is the .223 handgun--which also has its own reload sound. Due to a goof-up, they inadvertently made all revolvers use that reload sound with the little charge-up sound at the end--but I can't figure out what I should be looking for in FO4Edit's records to potentially excise or isolate that particular little goof.

That sounds like something in Sound Keyword Mapping, maybe? Could have linked the sound set to the keyword for all revolvers instead of a keyword unique to the gun. I haven't done much with sound, but that's where I'd start to look.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"

Midnight Voyager posted:

You might have to look at the separate mods for this one. Since it's a compilation, they're not likely to be consistent, but it's hard to tell which side hosed up without looking at the originals.

That sounds like something in Sound Keyword Mapping, maybe? Could have linked the sound set to the keyword for all revolvers instead of a keyword unique to the gun. I haven't done much with sound, but that's where I'd start to look.

Thanks very much for this, I think you're onto it with the keyword mapping, I just need to puzzle out which actually handles 'reload' sounds in particular.

The head-scratcher with the crafting previews is that some of the included weapons in the compilations were ones I had used without issue prior to it separately--I'm just not sure how the game engine actually handles tossing those models up there in the preview e.g. does it for some reason have a separate editor line entry for a crafting preview vs. a mod-attachment one? vs. the Inventory model? As far as I know, the inventory models are actually fully textured weapon models, as if you use a mod to remove the filter from the pipboy display it will show them with colors and textures there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I have run into a problem I cannot even try to fix. A problem, it turns out, with the ORIGINAL Minutemen General mesh.

The texture mapping is hosed up in the mesh right where the top buttons are. You just can't tell because the original buttons are super grimy and hard to see in the original texture.

As you can see on the inside the lapel, that's the button somehow peeking through. WTF?

If some mesher happens to find themselves interested in fixing this bothersome fuckup, I'd be grateful. I can't unsee it now that I've seen it.

EDIT: I have fixed it! By removing the button. :v: Also found a stray cube map that was messing up my chestpiece. Still loving with the fat/puffy chest on the guy version and clipping, but I've managed to eliminate it from the lady version.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jan 6, 2017