Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

who the gently caress knows what any given Radiohead song is actually about but Tinker Tailor is striking me as pretty prophetic right now

fascism and nationalism came calling and we said yeah, now it's time for the descent

I saw a live performance of The Amazing Sounds of Orgy where Thom explained the origins of the song and it's crazy that they were writing songs about the 07/08 financial crash so many years before it happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Popcorn posted:

I do wonder if Trump and Brexit might get Thom writing angry stuff again. AMSP is so mellow, for the most part.

I dunno man, I wouldn't call AMSP "mellow" so much as the "gently caress it, I give up" album. I mean he's started playing Creep live again and ENJOYING it, obviously he stopped giving a poo poo at some point.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Tim Burns Effect posted:

I dunno man, I wouldn't call AMSP "mellow" so much as the "gently caress it, I give up" album. I mean he's started playing Creep live again and ENJOYING it, obviously he stopped giving a poo poo at some point.

Yeah, this is it exactly. It's Resignation: The Album. Which is sad, but it seems even someone as passionate and weird as Thom Yorke can only take so much :smith:

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
Here's a video about the syncopation in Videotape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvKhtFXPswk

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Which one of you nerds did this?

(I liked it)

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

What a scoop

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Thom's ex apparently just passed away from cancer.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

That would explain...a lot

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
I guess I'll just never listen to True Love Waits again. Holy poo poo :(

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

drat he dumped her when she got cancer? Not cool, Thom. Not cool.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Ballz posted:

drat he dumped her when she got cancer? Not cool, Thom. Not cool.

I think they just split up, not really a dumping on either side. We also have no idea what the timeline of her cancer was.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Sounds like something a real CREEP would do

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

A weirdo, even

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Sounds to me like she needed a lift. Shoulda put her big boots on and stayed optimistic, not pulled the ripcord and stayed in limbo. Instead she has disappeared completely.

That's all I got

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

She should've sucked young blood to get healthier. Instead she gave up the ghost and let the bodysnatchers strip her nude and destroy her house of cards. She didn't even get a 4 minute warning.

(Oh god I'm so sorry for his loss :smith: )

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
She, like pop, is dead.

im going to hell :saddowns:

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Please stop

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

For all we know they split up before her diagnosis. I'm 29

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

well "True Love Waits" just went from "really sad" to "saddest song in the universe" :smith:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Puppy Galaxy posted:

For all we know they split up before her diagnosis. I'm 29

Phone posting so I don't have a link handy but I read somewhere she was diagnosed right around the time the breakup was announced

Radiohead71
Sep 15, 2007

Just saw this on the waste.uk website

April 2017
Fri 14 Coachella Festival Indio, CA USA ON SALE 04 Jan
Fri 21 Coachella Festival Indio, CA USA ON SALE 04 Jan

Tix go on sale today. Any opinions on this event? Tycho is there too so I need to go to this!

Radiohead71 fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Jan 4, 2017

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Coachella is one of the biggest US festivals.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

1) it just sold out and 2) can't just go the one day they're playing and 3) if you do want to go to coachella just wait a week or 2 before the show and get the tickets for face.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

if you are just going to see one specific band you like and expect them put on a good show, coachella is not the place for that

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Radiohead71 posted:

Just saw this on the waste.uk website

April 2017
Fri 14 Coachella Festival Indio, CA USA ON SALE 04 Jan
Fri 21 Coachella Festival Indio, CA USA ON SALE 04 Jan

Tix go on sale today. Any opinions on this event? Tycho is there too so I need to go to this!

I don't know about Radiohead but instead of seeing Tycho live you could just watch some car ads really loudly and maybe have like a fan blowing your hair so that it's like you're outside

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Earwicker posted:

if you are just going to see one specific band you like and expect them put on a good show, coachella is not the place for that

I saw comments elsewhere that the crowd at Coachella is generally terrible. Is that largely the reason?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Festivals are generally pretty terrible unless you're 20 and love eating drugs in huge crowds. They're fine if that's your thing.

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!

BigFactory posted:

Festivals are generally pretty terrible unless you're 20 and love eating drugs in huge crowds. They're fine if that's your thing.

Pretty much. I saw Radiohead at Bonnaroo during their last tour, and it was incredible, but I was also 23 and capable of laying waste to my body for three straight days and calling it "a good time". Now, nothing sounds worse than lying awake in a tent at 4 AM while 1000 yards away, assholes are working off their mushroom trips to Major Lazer.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

BigFactory posted:

I saw them at Lollapalooza and it was overall a frustrating experience largely due to the crowd. I'd love to see New Order, too, but if Coachella crowds are even worse than Lollapalooza then I don't imagine it would be worth it.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Sand Monster posted:

I saw comments elsewhere that the crowd at Coachella is generally terrible. Is that largely the reason?

I went in like 2006 and the crowds were pretty bad then and Ive heard theyve gotten much worse

if there are a bunch of bands you like playing it can be a good time, especially if you are high the whole time, but if you are really only interested in one act its not remotely worth it

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I saw Radiohead last year at ACL and I had a loving great time. Granted I got to the festival a bit late so I only saw 2 bands (Flying Lotus right before Radiohead on the same stage) and its also a smaller festival. I still had a great time.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
My best festival experience was going to the gathering of the vibes a million years ago when it was literally a 10 minute drive from my house at the time. It was also before tickets became super tough to counterfeit so with a scanner and color printer I got to see tom tom club for free in a muddy field.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Sand Monster posted:

I saw them at Lollapalooza and it was overall a frustrating experience largely due to the crowd. I'd love to see New Order, too, but if Coachella crowds are even worse than Lollapalooza then I don't imagine it would be worth it.

lollapalooza isn't even that bad compared to some of the other festivals since the city's noise ordinance means they have to stop at like 10 pm so you can leave and go sleep in a bed

I was there in 2008 (the second-most-recent time Radiohead was there) and had a blast but I also wasn't prepared at all and almost passed out due to dehydration

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I saw Radiohead last year at ACL and I had a loving great time. Granted I got to the festival a bit late so I only saw 2 bands (Flying Lotus right before Radiohead on the same stage) and its also a smaller festival. I still had a great time.

I enjoyed Flying Lotus remarking about all the white people who came out to see Radiohead and had no idea who he was.

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
blah

AARO fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jan 24, 2017

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Hey guys

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Hell yes, Miami! I've got the drat Ticketmaster page open and ready to go. I've not missed them on their last three tours, and this will be no different.

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Jan 17, 2017

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
... You know you've got 70-some hours, right

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Yes. What's your point. :colbert:

In all honesty, I know it's at 10 am on Friday, but I've logged in and left the page open so I can be sure to get a seat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Reinanigans posted:

Yes. What's your point. :colbert:

In all honesty, I know it's at 10 am on Friday, but I've logged in and left the page open so I can be sure to get a seat.

You don't think it might log you out at some point between now and friday morning?