Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Axleblaze seems to have disappeared though.

Yo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I think it'd have been more obvious if my new avatar wasn't in german but from what I understand it roughly translates to "Congratulations Doctor! Your team is addicted to you"

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 242 days!

Egbert Souse posted:

The only notable thing I've contributed to the Internet is making this GIF about ten years ago:

I see this one a lot so you did good, kid.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

glam rock hamhock posted:

I think it'd have been more obvious if my new avatar wasn't in german but from what I understand it roughly translates to "Congratulations Doctor! Your team is addicted to you"

Do not, my friend, become addicted to Mercy. She will take hold of you and you will regret her absence.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I didn't even realize it was you. I do about 99% of my browsing on mobile so avatars are quite small and other text is not displayed.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
YTOTD was suggested by Michael Kupperman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAcRS-hAZj4

Night Life Of The Gods

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I still see Mr. Flunchy posting in the forums. He shows up in the scary/unnerving story thread in PYF quite a bit.

Axleblaze seems to have disappeared though.

I should read that thread but drat people do not know how to tell stories.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
Does anyone have the Congratulations America! image?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

But don't they already have that license to print cash? My understanding is that when a company licenses out a film, they aren't just licensing out one particular version of the film but the film as a whole, which is how (for example) Criterion is able to do a Brazil release with like 3 different versions of the movie including the "Love Conquers All" cut. By this logic, Disney already being able to distribute A New Hope would mean that it's entirely their call when to release the unaltered version. Am I wrong on this?

There's a lot of different levels. Who owns the copyright? Who owns the negative? What ancillary rights are involved? What's in the contracts?

There's also the fact that Fox isn't going to burn any bridges by doing something without Lucasfilm's involvement, even if they can legally do otherwise. Besides the fact that a lawsuit could happen.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Fox and Disney clearly already have an arrangement, we've gotten several reissues of the BRs/DVDs with new SKUs and such (the steelbooks, for example) since the buyout.

So with any release of the unaltered OT the question presumably becomes one of who pays what.

Anyway, KC Goons, Love Witch hits the Drafthouse on Friday.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Egbert Souse posted:

There's also the fact that Fox isn't going to burn any bridges by doing something without Lucasfilm's involvement, even if they can legally do otherwise. Besides the fact that a lawsuit could happen.

Gareth Edwards said that he was shown the 4K restoration by John Knoll when the Rogue One team was visiting Lucasfilm, so I presume it was done without any involvement from Fox.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The only way the theatre mode on iphones and ipads would be good is if all it does is brick the device.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Has anyone here actually confronted somebody in a movie theatre before? Or is it more of a "that happened" scenario.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Death By The Blues posted:

Has anyone here actually confronted somebody in a movie theatre before? Or is it more of a "that happened" scenario.

And then everyone stood up and applauded

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

I've kicked chairs and shushed people before but nothing like a "confrontation".

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I asked this kid, nicely to turn off his cell phone, and he said "Oh, okay, sorry."

But then the girls with him turned around and yelled "Shut the gently caress up and watch your dumb TV show". So my buddy kicked their chair.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61iZXRCAL6s

Timby posted:

Gareth Edwards said that he was shown the 4K restoration by John Knoll when the Rogue One team was visiting Lucasfilm, so I presume it was done without any involvement from Fox.

I think Lucasfilm probably owns the negative, but Fox owns the copyright.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

I've had a friend with me do it twice. Both times it worked, but not before each person swore at her and got super defensive. So while there was no more cell phone light, I felt wildly uncomfortable for a while.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

I will politely tell people to be quiet if it becomes a problem for me. I think the closest to it becoming an actual confrontation was when I saw Fury Road and I told to guys who were cat calling the wives to shut the gently caress up and later one got up to go to the bathroom and glared at the audience really intensely. Also at Sundance a middle aged man would not stop texting and I told him to stop and he started arguing bit I cut him off thing him I didn't want to hear it and if it was important he should go outside.

No applause though (however I have been thanked by other patrons a few times)

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
I ask people who are talking to be quiet all the time, if they get mad I just tell them to gently caress off and that I didn't pay $15 to listen to them talk. If you tell them you're gonna get the usher to kick them out they'll shut up.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

Does anyone have the Congratulations America! image?

I posted it originally so if you wanna search through my posts here, feel free

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
The worst I had is a dad encouraging his kid to talk during the Jungle Book. "Thats funny right." "Wow that was really scary, huh?"

Also, used a flashlight to find his seat in the movie theatre, he showed up 20 minutes late and did this during the movie.

Finally had enough told him he is in public and should have more shame. Seemed to shut up *shrug*

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

Jenny,

I got the gift you got me over the weekend. Once I get it framed and on the wall I'll share a pic! Thank you!

It better not be a pet...

Jenny Angel posted:

As long as we're attributing things from past GenChat threads, I'd like to properly attribute to Hat Thoughts the funniest thing posted in the entirety of the last thread, the concept of watching this video at half speed, on repeat, having had no sleep for 48 hours

My roommate got really annoyed after a while

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

There was an old man at my showing of Hellboy who loudly talked at the screen the entire movie. Well, for part of the movie he just loudly snored. People kept kind of politely asking him to stop, but it kept going. Finally, 3/4ths of the way in, someone just screamed 'SHUT THE gently caress UP'. Guy was silent for like 30 seconds, then replied 'You shut up, buddy!' and the whole theater laughed. He did stop though.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I should read that thread but drat people do not know how to tell stories.

I don't even think he posts anymore, but i always love when goons get bent out of shape over 50 foot Ant.
Dude told stories about ghosts in Siberia and was met with "I don't think this guy is telling the truth."
Then eventually they'd whine their terrible story was being ignored, so clearly he ruined every thread.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
So, Titanfall 2 kinda just seems like it'd be a better game without the mechs entirely. They don't do anything interesting in terms of strategy and they control like rear end. Every match boils down to being the first one to get a group of three titans together and then just controlling the map.

Also their main game mode involving scoring based on NPC soldiers (in addition to player kills) is an interesting idea but it'd be nice if they had more meaningful interaction with the gameplay, like they had to actually hold an area or could accomplish something for your team instead of just being point bags.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
I saw a matinee for Elle last week and there was a hefty dude two rows in front of us that (spoilers for Elle) made this weird chuckling/wheezing sound during the 2nd and 3rd rape scenes and left the theater immediately after the scene changed both times. He returned to his seat the first time and left for good after the second. It was uhhhhhh, a bit weird.

Edit: woahh Elizabeth Huppert is 63???

Gorman Thomas fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jan 5, 2017

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The most unnerving thing in these abandoned mall videos is the really convincing sounding PA music he adds to them to make the mall seem like it's still barely alive

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 242 days!

wyoming posted:

I don't even think he posts anymore, but i always love when goons get bent out of shape over 50 foot Ant.
Dude told stories about ghosts in Siberia and was met with "I don't think this guy is telling the truth."
Then eventually they'd whine their terrible story was being ignored, so clearly he ruined every thread.

This is why the current incarnation of the ghost story threads, Reddit's /nosleep, has a rule that "everything is true here even if it isn't."

Literally the only part of Reddit I read with any regularity.

GoldenGun
Oct 21, 2005

In heaven everything is fine
So, Assassin's Creed is dope and the first excellent film of 2017.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Hat Thoughts posted:

My roommate got really annoyed after a while

I wanna say you linked to the version that eventually fades out into a "check out our other movie clips!" outro with some pleasant airy music? Because IMO that's the correct version to put on repeat, especially given it cuts him off mid-AMBOUGEH

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Gorman Thomas posted:

I saw a matinee for Elle last week and there was a hefty dude two rows in front of us that (spoilers for Elle) made this weird chuckling/wheezing sound during the 2nd and 3rd rape scenes and left the theater immediately after the scene changed both times. He returned to his seat the first time and left for good after the second. It was uhhhhhh, a bit weird.

Edit: woahh Elizabeth Huppert is 63???

I haven't seen Elle but how many of those scenes are there? Christ Verhoven!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Egbert Souse posted:

The only notable thing I've contributed to the Internet is making this GIF about ten years ago:

Man that's a pretty big deal.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

FishBulb posted:

I haven't seen Elle but how many of those scenes are there? Christ Verhoven!

lets see... film cold opens to a rape in progress, same rape gets replayed twice more in detail, cgi scene of a rape, cgi scene of a character getting raped, handjob scene, masturbation scene, someone jerked off on my bed, 2nd base success, attempted rape, rape/kink scene?!?!, another attempted rape.

Verhoven really is cinema's greatest pervert. There's also a clip from a crushing kink video which probably means Verhoven is a regular 4chan user.

Edit: I forgot a couple

Gorman Thomas fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jan 6, 2017

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I was at a movie with a friend and his dad when some dude opened up the emergency exit door at the front of the theater (during daytime) and stood there talking on the phone. My friend's dad went up and yanked the door closed, shutting the guy out, which actually received applause. I hope you find this believable since I'm not taking credit for it. (it did happen and was awesome)

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Hat Thoughts posted:

It better not be a pet...

a bat, that way when I hang it up it will look like it's hanging from the ceiling

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

A few times, although I gotta give the grand prize to my ex girlfriend who once cussed a guy out so hard at a play that he got up and left.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Egbert Souse posted:

I mean, this is one of the best gifs ever, so that's not nothing. It's basically what I see in my head every time I hear a Florida story now.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

A few times, although I gotta give the grand prize to my ex girlfriend who once cussed a guy out so hard at a play that he got up and left.
That 'guy' was one of the actors, and the rest of us in the audience did *not* appreciate her racial slurs.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Why are there so many videos on Youtube that feature Elsa from Frozen and Spider-Man teaming up?

Spatula City posted:

I mean, this is one of the best gifs ever, so that's not nothing. It's basically what I see in my head every time I hear a Florida story now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Samuel Clemens posted:

Why are there so many videos on Youtube that feature Elsa from Frozen and Spider-Man teaming up?

I believe the story is that they generate views and subscribers and then sell those accounts? Something like that.

• Locked thread