Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Cross-Section posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upN-7ALj2OU

Interesting to hear mention of a coordinated attack by multiple Rebel cells; Rogue One seems to imply that the Scarif assault is the first such attempt at a group strike. That said, I'm wondering if Thrawn's involvement may hint at a less fortuitous outcome in this instance, and may explain why Scarif is considered the first major victory for the assembled Rebellion (and why the Quasar isn't at Scarif, but the Ghost is).

Is that still Taylor as Obi-Wan? It's definately moving more to a Guinness impersonation than the vague stab at Ewan that we've heard before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Gaz-L posted:

Is that still Taylor as Obi-Wan? It's definately moving more to a Guinness impersonation than the vague stab at Ewan that we've heard before.

Apparently it's Stephen Stanton

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

He retweeted the shot of Obi-Wan so I am thinking it may be.

quote:

This younger version of the Jedi master is voiced by James Arnold Taylor, doing his finest Ewan McGregor, but by the end of the teaser we will see Kenobi at a much different stage in life, one that remains shrouded in mystery in Star Wars storytelling: his exile as a hermit on the planet Tatooine, watching over Luke Skywalker from afar.

Stephen Stanton, who also supplies the voices of Grand Moff Tarkin on the series and was the Churchill-like crustacean commander Admiral Raddus in Rogue One, plays this Alec Guinness-version of Kenobi.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Stanton is awesome. He also does the voice for Alan Rickmanbot.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Oh hey, is that Wulff Yularen? Head of the ISB in the old EU.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Galaga Galaxian posted:

He came back to be the narrator for the show again.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Thrawn now has his own personal retinue of Death Troopers? :swoon:

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I'm going to say, yes, that is indeed him.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Gotta be him! I missed that voice.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

AndyElusive posted:

Thrawn now has his own personal retinue of Death Troopers? :swoon:

Screw the death troopers, did you see those arms? Thrawn be Swole. I guess it makes sense that a guy like Thrawn would feel that mastery of the body is just another part of mastery of the mind.

[edit] And things are gonna go so poorly for the nascent Rebel Alliance at that big battle, considering the battle to steal the DS plans was considered their first major victory. :ohdear:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Screw the death troopers, did you see those arms? Thrawn be Swole. I guess it makes sense that a guy like Thrawn would feel that mastery of the body is just another part of mastery of the mind.

[edit] And things are gonna go so poorly for the nascent Rebel Alliance at that big battle, considering the battle to steal the DS plans was considered their first major victory. :ohdear:

He studies a culture's art. Including their martial arts. :v:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Kotor jumpsuit underwear canon.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I just saw that trailer and holy hell am I hyped. And no I see all the connections with Rogue One they were hinting at. Before, I was like "where is it?" and now I get (in hindsight, it was obvious) it was being saved for after Rogue One airs. There is so much cool poo poo they got brewing for the second half of this season, man. Obi-wan returns, trying to recruit the mandalorians, the birth of the rebel alliance, and the final showdown with Thrawn

Like, gently caress, this is going to be awesome.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Don't be surprised if a young Jyn Erso makes a small cameo at some point in the show since Saw mentions to her in Rogue One that she was one of the best in his cadre before he parted ways with her.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Did they part ways when she was 16, or am I imagining that? If it's true, that would mean she was already gone by the time the Ghosties meet Saw.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Oh you might be right, he may have already ditched her by the time he shows up.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
The loving Buck Rogers space suit that Erza wears is loving perfect and works so well for the feel of Star wars. Dark Troopers everywhere. A real deal dissection of nuCanon mandalorian culture.

gently caress, things are turning out so nicely for season 3 part 2.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Jyn has been away from Saw for about 3-4 years by this point. We could get something though from Saw where he says Ezra reminds him a stubborn, young fighter he used to know.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jyn was born in 21 BBY officially apparently, and the show is up to 2 BBY right now so yeah she's been gone a bit.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I could see Cassian Andor appear in th3 show if he is supposed to recruit people for the Alliance. He could easily go on a mission with Pheonix Squadron at sone time.

That trailer owned.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That seems likely. I read something earlier today that said the companion book for Rogue One lists Cassian as a Fulcrum agent.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Counterintelligence spy makes perfect sense.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wouldn't take much to get Luna to cameo as him either, I don't think. Dude fuckin' loves being in Star Wars from everything I've seen. Maybe the show can make me give a poo poo about anyone on Rogue One not named Chirrut Imwe.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Wouldn't take much to get Luna to cameo as him either, I don't think. Dude fuckin' loves being in Star Wars from everything I've seen. Maybe the show can make me give a poo poo about anyone on Rogue One not named Chirrut Imwe.

After that story he posted yesterday I bet he'd love to voice it himself.

https://twitter.com/diegoluna_/status/816479341588709377

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Weird thing I've picked up about the post-Disney EU: They seem to WANT to have Wraith Squadron but aren't allowed to use the name for some reason? Like, the Ghost's crew using 'Spectre' as their callsigns when they're doing commando or sneaky stuff, and one of the newer books has Wedge commanding Phantom Squadron, which is made up of washouts?

It's a shame, as I really enjoy those books from the Legends stuff. They're good airport/train ride reading, and have better characterisation than most.

Oh, up to mid-season 2 of Rebels now, and I assume the Inquisitors just murdered a poo poo-ton of stormtroopers, otherwise how do you maintain the whole 'Jedi are extinct' propaganda when a bunch of them just saw Ahsoka looking like the freakin' goddess of war.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I'm guessing they know to keep their mouth shut if that's the case.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Do they ever address why Kanan never even broaches the idea of Ahsoka training Ezra? (Or, well, Yoda, seeing as he knows the li'l green dude is alive now) Kanan seems to have been WAY worse of a padawan than her seeing how easily she trounces the Inquisitors. Heck, her being knighted was basically a formality, and she was already helping with training kids during the war. If it's just the 'I left' thing, I kinda feel like every single person who voted to kick her out being dead should make that point moot?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

EU Question. Kanan is a character that has been around way longer than Rebels? Didn't he have a comic book or was that another character?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

BigRed0427 posted:

EU Question. Kanan is a character that has been around way longer than Rebels? Didn't he have a comic book or was that another character?

He does have a comic, but I believe that came after the show was in production, if not after it was on the air. It's about his backstory from during the Clone War.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Kanan was a padawan for a few weeks before O66 hit. Ahsoka was one for a couple years before she dropped out of school.

And no Kanan is from the new canon only and premiered on Rebels. Though he has also featured in a book (A New Dawn, covers his meeting Hera ~5 years before season 1) and a comic series (originally planned for 5 issues promoted to ongoing and then canceled a while later).

As for why he never suggested Ahsoka taking over Ezra's training half the point of Rise of the Old Masters was Kanan accepting his responsibility for the task instead of seeking to ditch it on someone else.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Then like 2 episodes later Yoda's going "Blind leading the stupid, you are, yesss, hehehe!"

Edit: "Rise of the Old Masters" depressed me, probably in a good sense, because Master Luminara was pretty much my favourite of the minor Jedi from Clone Wars. Her or Kit Fisto, and let's be honest, the latter has the name and Phil Lamarr doing the Hermes voice from Futurama going for him.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jan 6, 2017

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yeah well that phrase also applies to a certain green muppet during the Clone Wars.:colbert:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I just started reading (well, listening to) Dark Disciple, and why am I not surprised that Mace Windu's the one who says "let's just cap the bastard" regarding Dooku.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Damnit phone.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jan 6, 2017

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Yeah well that phrase also applies to a certain green muppet during the Clone Wars.:colbert:

"Let's just cap the bastard"?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

cptn_dr posted:

"Let's just cap the bastard"?

Kinda! But I meant "The blind (to the dark side) leading the stupid" My phone apparently had a brain fart.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Does anyone else get Kyle Katarn vibes from Kanan?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Narcissus1916 posted:

Does anyone else get Kyle Katarn vibes from Kanan?

They can't have cast Jan Ors' voice actress as his not-wife and not have thought about it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I bet the guy who created Wraith Squadron wants too much money for them to use it so they're doing totally not Wraith Squadron.

And that this point, I'd not be surprised if Talon Karrde or any popular EU characters show up in some form.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Weird thing I've picked up about the post-Disney EU: They seem to WANT to have Wraith Squadron but aren't allowed to use the name for some reason? Like, the Ghost's crew using 'Spectre' as their callsigns when they're doing commando or sneaky stuff, and one of the newer books has Wedge commanding Phantom Squadron, which is made up of washouts?
They can use whatever they want from the old EU. I'd guess that they're not using the exact Wraith Squadron name because the new characters aren't the Wraiths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Gaz-L posted:

Do they ever address why Kanan never even broaches the idea of Ahsoka training Ezra? (Or, well, Yoda, seeing as he knows the li'l green dude is alive now) Kanan seems to have been WAY worse of a padawan than her seeing how easily she trounces the Inquisitors. Heck, her being knighted was basically a formality, and she was already helping with training kids during the war. If it's just the 'I left' thing, I kinda feel like every single person who voted to kick her out being dead should make that point moot?

I don't think they actually know whether Yoda is alive or not, for all they know he's just a force vision.

• Locked thread