Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The level design in Titanfall 2 is so cool, that level inside the factory and the subsequent fight in the training dome are cool as poo poo.

My favourite part is the Marvin robot's little emotion display on his torso turning from happy to sad when you take his Arctool away :ohdear:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

CrashCat posted:

If you can't actually make it look better though, it's just a lovely cash in re-release made for no other reason than greed

Not that this is unusual

It actually does usually look better, and like I said in my previous post, the reduced load times and substantially improved frame rate make up for most of the flaws. I don't know what kind of retarded poo poo monitor settings Polygon is using for their comparison video but it looks nothing like that when I play it, because my display is nicely calibrated.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Are you guys even taking about the right NPC? Because he looks pretty normal in the original and loving hilarious in the remaster.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

It looks like they're trying to fit in the ultra fast climbing stuff in recent games into one where it was slower and more methodical, so the animations look super janky and terrible.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

They patched out that dude apparently.

No, he's in the original as well, but the way AC2 does cutscenes is that they randomly use NPCs so that guy can be a different model every time.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

blackguy32 posted:

No, he's in the original as well, but the way AC2 does cutscenes is that they randomly use NPCs so that guy can be a different model every time.

They literally released a patch to get rid of that guy due to the bad PR. And of course polygon wrote an article about that too. https://www.google.ca/amp/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2016/12/16/13982860/assassins-creed-2-ezio-collection-patch-weird-face

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I just started Until Dawn, are the voices supposed to sound kinda weird or is it just my TV? Some of the characters sound like they were recorded over a phone.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

just beat the last guardian.

please suffer the jank its not that bad. omg. the end. the loving end is AMAZING. the final sequence is even jankier than the rest of the game but you gotta see it.

get the game.

play it in HDR.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jan 6, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

sorry i didn't join your party tonight. i was right in the ending of tlg

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.
I'm usually a single player guy, but my friend who I used to play stupid but fun split screen poo poo like Army of Two is back in town and I'm thinking of buying another controller and getting some co-op done. Any suggestion for fun and preferably shooty games that are great in splitscreen?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Mr Underhill posted:

I'm usually a single player guy, but my friend who I used to play stupid but fun split screen poo poo like Army of Two is back in town and I'm thinking of buying another controller and getting some co-op done. Any suggestion for fun and preferably shooty games that are great in splitscreen?

Earth Defense Force and Borderlands are probably some of your best options.

Resident Evil 5 and 6 are also split screen coop.

blackguy32 fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Jan 6, 2017

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?
Ever since the latest firmware update, I've been getting random flickers of black and cut of audio from my PSPRO. Anyone experience this as well? The last 2-3 seconds.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Nope

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sorry but your PS4 is haunted, call an exorcist

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

ethanol posted:

the best rear end creed game is batman arkham city

Shadow of Mordor, my dude.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Andrast posted:

Sorry but your PS4 is haunted, call an exorcist

loving ps+ price goes up and this is the thanks we get??? cant even get rid of ghosts with the extra ten dollars a year, goddamn.

Tgent
Sep 6, 2011

Shards of Fate posted:

Ever since the latest firmware update, I've been getting random flickers of black and cut of audio from my PSPRO. Anyone experience this as well? The last 2-3 seconds.

I get this occasionally too. Can't remember when it started though.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Probably your TV is dying. Hopefully the cable instead. Either way try it in a different port, that may hold it off for a while.

revolther
May 27, 2008
Is it too late to remind everyone that Assassin's Creed was always a lovely game, and the promo videos that made it seem like some methodical Hitman style game proved to be totally false, but everyone wanted to be Sephiroth with a knife for a middle finger to flip off their parents from the basement.... ?

So uh. Just loving shut up.

(but the shanties right?)

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Right, so I like buying things I don't need.

I spent a while googling about the Razer Raiju and Nacon Revolution.

Neither are sold in the US yet and there's no possible date because of licensing and all that. You can find various reviews about both online. They are both wired. From what I gathered the Nacon seems more recommended--but also is cheaper. I assume that's why. The Razer seems more FPS orientated as it has physical trigger stops, and two extra bumpers? The other you can adjust the deadzone or whatever for the trigger but no stops. The Nacon has raised thumb sticks, the left is concave and right is round. Per google and youtube apparently the FPS freeks will fit on the Nacon sticks, but you probably don't need them. It also has adjustable weights and apparently a lighbar (which you can adjust via the PC app and turn off?) but it will not track VR. Reviews say the sticks seem "loose." Neither are preferable for fighters, but seems the Nacon would be better for that. The nacon also swaps the stick layout to the xbox fashion, which I prefer. The razer seems to be sold out everywhere overseas. It is quite a bit more expensive. Aside from the things mentioned above comfort seems to be what you prefer. A few people seem to equally hate both controllers for being uncomfortable, but I think it just depends what you are used to. They both have four buttons on the bottom to replicate paddles but have completely different layouts.

The nacon has a PC exclusive program that has 4 profiles and a ton of overwhelming features/settings you probably don't need. You can't remap your buttons without the program, The razer has no program but you can remap on the fly.

Anyways you can order both from amazon.co.uk or apparently https://www.game.co.uk/. Amazon says it does not ship to the US on the item description but I just placed my order and per google/reddit people have been getting theirs no prob. Again, the razer one is sold out everywhere. I would like to try it out at least. I ordered two--which is the purchase limit--from amazon UK for 223.96 with expeditated shipping. Says guaranteed delivery date is January 11th. Regular shipping for the 21st-23rd was $9 less. Tax is removed at checkout but there is a shipping fee to make up for it. It says the nacon is 80 pounds but at checkout it says 75? :shrug:

So yeah, two is the limit. I got an extra because hey, it's coming from across the world, why not. Hook up a goon or sell it locally.

Anyways there's my long effort post wall of text :homebrew:

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I just started Until Dawn, are the voices supposed to sound kinda weird or is it just my TV? Some of the characters sound like they were recorded over a phone.

I never noticed any audio issues when I played

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

They both look pretty crappy to me and I am also a big fan of buying dumb tech gadgets for no reason.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

ethanol posted:

the best rear end creed game is Shadow of Mordor

It has more assassinating than Assassin's Creed and does it better.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

revolther posted:

Is it too late to remind everyone that Assassin's Creed was always a lovely game, and the promo videos that made it seem like some methodical Hitman style game proved to be totally false, but everyone wanted to be Sephiroth with a knife for a middle finger to flip off their parents from the basement.... ?

So uh. Just loving shut up.

(but the shanties right?)
:yikes:

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I had this too, it's like it wasn't calibrated for my speakers or something, so the audio sounds kinda tinny or something. Eventually you get used to it, I suppose, but I wasn't about to invest in a speaker system for it.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
In Diablo 3 is there ever a point where those blue lines that spin around and kill you stop or are they popping for every encounter for the rest of the game now? I don't like them. Was carving a path through the game barely taking damage until they came along but I find them annoying as I have to constantly run away from an area to get clear of them instead of dodge around.

2 of them crossing over if I get stuck for a split second is instant kill from full health, and sometimes they're hard to tell from all my magic just as they appear. I've been in fights where I had 3 either side of me and no way out.
I didn't realise Diablo 3 had a sort of bullet hell thing going on too.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jan 6, 2017

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Crappy Jack posted:

I had this too, it's like it wasn't calibrated for my speakers or something, so the audio sounds kinda tinny or something. Eventually you get used to it, I suppose, but I wasn't about to invest in a speaker system for it.

Just played through it with a cheap-ish soundbar and it was OK for me - check your audio settings in the PS4 menus to make sure it matches up? If you have stereo speakers it could be trying to output in 5.1 and sending the voices to a center channel ya don't have: http://www.supermassivegames.com/games/until-dawn/FAQ/audio-fix

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.

cubicle gangster posted:

In Diablo 3 is there ever a point where those blue lines that spin around and kill you stop or are they popping for every encounter for the rest of the game now? I don't like them. Was carving a path through the game barely taking damage until they came along but I find them annoying as I have to constantly run away from an area to get clear of them instead of dodge around.

2 of them crossing over if I get stuck for a split second is instant kill from full health, and sometimes they're hard to tell from all my magic just as they appear. I've been in fights where I had 3 either side of me and no way out.
I didn't realise Diablo 3 had a sort of bullet hell thing going on too.

I am not sure what affix you are talking about, maybe arcane enchanted? But the answer is no, they never go away. But it is random what each group gets for affixes so maybe you are just unlucky and got a lot of lasers.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
So that's what they're called! Yeah it's all this poo poo:

Except in way narrower maps and dungeons where I can get trapped in the middle of it and insta killed. If I drop the difficulty to stop that happening then every encounter that doesn't have them is going to be trivially easy.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Does the PS4 version of Diablo3 get updated like the PC version? (I know they canned the last gen versions).

Flumpus
Jul 22, 2007

VideoGames posted:

Does the PS4 version of Diablo3 get updated like the PC version? (I know they canned the last gen versions).

Yep, it just got the Darkening of Tristram update (Diablo 1 remake in D3), and will get Seasons soon, I think starting with 10 or something?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I have a question about the music from WipeOut and Battle Arena Toshinden. I remember, years ago, playing Wipeout on the computer (must have been XL) and later playing Battle Arena Toshinden, maybe the second game or third, and there was a song that was in both games. I think it was the ninja's song from Toshinden, but I've looked a few times over the years and I can't seem to find the connection. I feel like there were more instrumental tracks on WipeOut XL than are on the OST. I don't know. If anyone has any light to shed of this gaming mystery I'd appreciate the assistance.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Seems unlikely to me, all the tracks in Wipeout games are licensed stuff by real dance acts, it would be bizarre for one to crop up in a Japanese beat em up.
Not unheard of though, Omega Boost's intro in the UK was by forgotten britpop band Cast.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jan 6, 2017

KrayG
Jul 20, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Man, Cast, i havnt thought about them in 20 years.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Well, if you've heard all they've got to say, you looked but turned away, walk away.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Fru Fru posted:

I am not sure what affix you are talking about, maybe arcane enchanted? But the answer is no, they never go away. But it is random what each group gets for affixes so maybe you are just unlucky and got a lot of lasers.

i was guessing the arcane enchant too. my monk was actually more or less immune to them back when the busted build got your resists and dodge up absurdly high but that's more an end game thing. there's actually an amulet that i forget the name of that absorbs those things, but yeah that affix sucks i agree.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Best way to deal with arcane enchanted is look where the source orb is spawning and run away. It's the worst affix and even worse paired with walls or vortex

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.

FadedReality posted:

Best way to deal with arcane enchanted is look where the source orb is spawning and run away. It's the worst affix and even worse paired with walls or vortex

Disagree. Mortar has always been my worst but I only play DH so maybe lasers are worse for melee.

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Neither are sold in the US yet and there's no possible date because of licensing and all that. You can find various reviews about both online. They are both wired. From what I gathered the Nacon seems more recommended--but also is cheaper. I assume that's why. The Razer seems more FPS orientated as it has physical trigger stops, and two extra bumpers? The other you can adjust the deadzone or whatever for the trigger but no stops. The Nacon has raised thumb sticks, the left is concave and right is round. Per google and youtube apparently the FPS freeks will fit on the Nacon sticks, but you probably don't need them. It also has adjustable weights and apparently a lighbar (which you can adjust via the PC app and turn off?) but it will not track VR. Reviews say the sticks seem "loose." Neither are preferable for fighters, but seems the Nacon would be better for that. The nacon also swaps the stick layout to the xbox fashion, which I prefer. The razer seems to be sold out everywhere overseas. It is quite a bit more expensive. Aside from the things mentioned above comfort seems to be what you prefer. A few people seem to equally hate both controllers for being uncomfortable, but I think it just depends what you are used to. They both have four buttons on the bottom to replicate paddles but have completely different layouts.

The nacon has a PC exclusive program that has 4 profiles and a ton of overwhelming features/settings you probably don't need. You can't remap your buttons without the program, The razer has no program but you can remap on the fly.

Anyways you can order both from amazon.co.uk or apparently https://www.game.co.uk/. Amazon says it does not ship to the US on the item description but I just placed my order and per google/reddit people have been getting theirs no prob. Again, the razer one is sold out everywhere. I would like to try it out at least. I ordered two--which is the purchase limit--from amazon UK for 223.96 with expeditated shipping. Says guaranteed delivery date is January 11th. Regular shipping for the 21st-23rd was $9 less. Tax is removed at checkout but there is a shipping fee to make up for it. It says the nacon is 80 pounds but at checkout it says 75? :shrug:

So yeah, two is the limit. I got an extra because hey, it's coming from across the world, why not. Hook up a goon or sell it locally.

Anyways there's my long effort post wall of text :homebrew:

I checked out a few reviews and wasn't impressed with either of these controllers. After I switch out my og for a pro next week in just gonna send my new controller in to Cinch and get what I need installed for cheaper than these guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Fru Fru posted:

Disagree. Mortar has always been my worst but I only play DH so maybe lasers are worse for melee.

Yeah they're hell for melee. I played DH a lot on PC and yeah mortars are definitely worse for them and wizards.

• Locked thread