Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Spring Break My Heart posted:

youre being dumb here.

What? I get to watch him live whenever I feel. He would have at least done SOMETHING.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Bean was really fuckin bad all tourney

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/coreypronman/status/817225652688605184

:eyepop:

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

i can't wait to chirp hart for this the next time he comes to portland

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Man, Joseph looks real sad....

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
That is one sad looking man.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I really like McAvoy after getting to see a lot of him this tournament. He's fantastic. Glad Sweeney didn't gently caress that pick up. Lauzon looked decent for Canada too.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Juulson had a p good game, it all I cared about really.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I really like McAvoy after getting to see a lot of him this tournament. He's fantastic. Glad Sweeney didn't gently caress that pick up. Lauzon looked decent for Canada too.

Caleb Jones looks pretty good too, he'll have a good shot at breaking in with Edmonton.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Joseph and Chabot are examples of the type of drafting Saint John does which is why I'm thankful they're entertaining almost every year.

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
Playoff games and championship games should never be decided in shootouts. You play until someone scores - period.

It's bad enough we have them at all.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

In the words of my fiance "that's okay I think the Americans need a boost more. They have Trump coming in two weeks."

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The shootout is the worst way to end that game, and that was the worst way to end a shootout. Everybody, fans and players, deserved for hockey to be played until there was a winner.

ThinkTank posted:

In the words of my fiance "that's okay I think the Americans need a boost more. They have Trump coming in two weeks."

But the tournament is in america next year. Will there even still be arenas there by then?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

ThinkTank posted:

Canada has to deal with our poo poo!

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Haven't seen a shootout attempt as sad as Roy's since Kovalchuk.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Powershift posted:

But the tournament is in america next year. Will there even still be arenas there by then?
The one game that matters in the round robin is outside in a stadium that has not known joy since... ever?

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

ThinkTank posted:

She's not wrong.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Pleads posted:

The one game that matters in the round robin is outside in a stadium that has not known joy since... ever?

The stadium is the first building you attempt to claim after society collapses though. Block off a couple exits and it's safe, you can grow crops on the field, there are high points for visiblity and stores of hot dogs so loaded with salt they don't expire until 2094.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

lmao

https://twitter.com/PJStock28/status/817225941630013440

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
:911: FUCKIN' NICE! :911:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Pleads posted:

Shootouts are horrible and should be removed from playoff/medal hockey at every level.

I get why they need them for everything but the gold medal game, because of playing multiple games at the same arena, but holy gently caress the gold medal game is the last game of the tournament just let it go on until the players die of exhaustion.

I wasn't expecting Canada to get past Sweden, so I'm happy they did end up getting to this point and played one hell of a game. But going to a shootout to decide who wins it all sucks.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

ThinkTank posted:

Now I'm sad again

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

corn on the cop posted:

Haven't seen a shootout attempt as sad as Roy's since Kovalchuk.

A man who did not see this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsV_OqIPkPY

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
-Shootouts are bad (unless its Toews in 07 apparently)
-Trump
-Has anyone made a comment about gun violence in america to complete the hat trick yet?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
It was an entertaining game but caring about the result is a little sad imo.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Jamwad Hilder posted:

-Trump
-Has anyone made a comment about gun violence in america to complete the hat trick yet?

Umm, Americans shoot people a lot, that's why they are good at shootouts?

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Jamwad Hilder posted:

-Trump

You''re right, let's talk more about tournament MVP and :hist101: prospect Thomas Chabot

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

i guess the team with more h(e)art in the game didn't come out on top after all

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Zeeman posted:

You''re right, let's talk more about tournament MVP and :hist101: prospect Thomas Chabot

I wonder what they'll trade him for :allears:

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Powershift posted:

I wonder what they'll trade him for :allears:

Someone with a low cap hit

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Carter Hart was just ensuring everyone that he will carry on the Flyers tradition of being poo poo in shootouts.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Juulson almost died taking a puck to the face. Therrien will love him :V

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

Infidel Castro posted:

Carter Hart was just ensuring everyone that he will carry on the Flyers tradition of being poo poo in shootouts.

Stopping 4 of 5 shots is being poo poo?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Tank44 posted:

Stopping 4 of 5 shots is being poo poo?

.800 sv% is really bad

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
There are only 4 NHL goaltenders with a career .800 or better in the shootout (Jones, Khudobin, Lack, and Greiss, if you care) and none of them have faced more than 55 shots. The best for a goalie with more than 100+ shootout shots against is Varlamov at .752

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Canada vs USA was a classic. The World Juniors are always amazing.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
The shootout sucks but the US looked better in OT anyways and if that continued they'd likely have won either way.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

That is a hilarious thing to say

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Check this out: gently caress Canada

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Ginette Reno posted:

The shootout sucks but the US looked better in OT anyways and if that continued they'd likely have won either way.

What game were you watching

• Locked thread