Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Dewgy posted:

Nice catpile, Chili. :3: Momma's adorable too.

:3: :3: :3: :3: :3:

I needed to laugh like this today, work sucks. Not exactly the right thread, but have something similar I made a few years ago as thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qyMNvq3RpY

Ahahaha, really nice choice of music for that clip. :3 Also glad the Phalanx joke was appreciated by someone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

They're adorable. The group cat_herder and I volunteer with is getting some legal forms drafted up so we can't help out until they're written and we sign them. Ours are health waivers because we have varying degrees of compromised immune systems. And apparently everyone who drops off cats is going to need to sign a form stating they won't sue if anything happens to a cat during/after surgery. This happens maybe once a year with older cats who just can't tolerate the anesthesia like the younger ones.

Marchegiana
Jan 31, 2006

. . . Bitch.
Finally got some good photos of the kittens!

This is Frog, he's the one who got sick and had to be checked on- he's much better now, and if anything has gotten cuddlier. My sister described him best when she said "he has a face like a fat kid".

This is Toad- don't be fooled by the cuddly looks, this is actually the only good photo I got of him because he kept attacking my phone. I caught him mid-swipe at my hands.

This is Tadpole- as you can see he's the snugglebug of the group. He loves laps and purrs like crazy.

They go in for their vaccinations on the 5th, and at that time we'll get a weight on them and probably a date for their neuter. Judging by their size and how they're growing I expect they'll be adoptable by February.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Chili posted:

The kittens have been moving like this for the past ten minutes, and it's still going on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCpNER28msQ

Brownian mewtion.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Marchegiana posted:

Finally got some good photos of the kittens!

This is Frog, he's the one who got sick and had to be checked on- he's much better now, and if anything has gotten cuddlier. My sister described him best when she said "he has a face like a fat kid".

This is Toad- don't be fooled by the cuddly looks, this is actually the only good photo I got of him because he kept attacking my phone. I caught him mid-swipe at my hands.

This is Tadpole- as you can see he's the snugglebug of the group. He loves laps and purrs like crazy.

They go in for their vaccinations on the 5th, and at that time we'll get a weight on them and probably a date for their neuter. Judging by their size and how they're growing I expect they'll be adoptable by February.

Look at these goddamn cats! Those are some fuckin' A+ fluffy assholes if I ever seen such a thing.

Marchegiana
Jan 31, 2006

. . . Bitch.
Happy New year! Have some kittens playing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxfagSBRUMc

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Marchegiana posted:

Happy New year! Have some kittens playing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxfagSBRUMc

those cats are weapons-grade cute. Tadpole sitting there waving his paws! I'm dying :kimchi:

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
First order of business, Bobby Digital you do take down the caption contest. Email me at thecontraryson AT Gmail DAHT com and I'll get you a fresh new avatar certificate.

That aside, the kittens have been doing super well! They've all been steadily putting on weight and they all now have their eyes open. They just hit the 2 week mark and are starting to show little differences in their behavior. Also, we named them, this is our Bear litter:

As for sexes, we THINK it's like this

Grizzly = Male
Teddy = Female
Gummi = Female
Polar = Female
Panda = Male

Grizzly is the orange one and the runt (orange are nearly always male), he likes being handled the most. He never complains when we pick him up. I've been supplementing his diet with milk replacement through a syringe because he needs to grow up and be a big scary bear, mister. At least, that's what I tell him.

Teddy is grey and is a huge ham. She always rushes over to us and always looks toward the camera. I suspect once they realize that the door to their room is a magical portal to the rest of the house, she'll be the little fighter who tries to bust out.

Polar is the biggest, also and this was surprising, was the last to open her eyes. Guess she was so busy growing she forgot to look at things.

Panda is the fluffiest. My god is panda fluffy. She likes being nearby us but isn't big on handling yet. We'll get there.

And Gummi is a good little kitty, a friend to all of the others in the litter, definitely seems more like a cat's cat, than a people's cat. Still sweet, of course.

Anyway, here's momma giving them baths: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By1d6Wa1eHQ

As you'll see the kittens still haven't worked out how gravity works quite yet, and that lifting their heads up too high ultimately means toppling over.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Chili posted:

Anyway, here's momma giving them baths: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By1d6Wa1eHQ

As you'll see the kittens still haven't worked out how gravity works quite yet, and that lifting their heads up too high ultimately means toppling over.

This improved a seriously crappy day by a lot. :3:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Chili posted:

First order of business, Bobby Digital you do take down the caption contest. Email me at thecontraryson AT Gmail DAHT com and I'll get you a fresh new avatar certificate.

That aside, the kittens have been doing super well! They've all been steadily putting on weight and they all now have their eyes open. They just hit the 2 week mark and are starting to show little differences in their behavior. Also, we named them, this is our Bear litter:

As for sexes, we THINK it's like this

Grizzly = Male
Teddy = Female
Gummi = Female
Polar = Female
Panda = Male

Grizzly is the orange one and the runt (orange are nearly always male), he likes being handled the most. He never complains when we pick him up. I've been supplementing his diet with milk replacement through a syringe because he needs to grow up and be a big scary bear, mister. At least, that's what I tell him.

Teddy is grey and is a huge ham. She always rushes over to us and always looks toward the camera. I suspect once they realize that the door to their room is a magical portal to the rest of the house, she'll be the little fighter who tries to bust out.

Polar is the biggest, also and this was surprising, was the last to open her eyes. Guess she was so busy growing she forgot to look at things.

Panda is the fluffiest. My god is panda fluffy. She likes being nearby us but isn't big on handling yet. We'll get there.

And Gummi is a good little kitty, a friend to all of the others in the litter, definitely seems more like a cat's cat, than a people's cat. Still sweet, of course.

AAAAAAH. :kingsley:

Hellacopter
Feb 25, 2011
:3: :3: :3:

Little baby squeaks just kill me. :3:

Mamacat Lily has such a pretty coat pattern - front is all tabby, back is all tortie.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Hellacopter posted:

:3: :3: :3:

Little baby squeaks just kill me. :3:

Mamacat Lily has such a pretty coat pattern - front is all tabby, back is all tortie.

Yeah, I saw that in the video and realized it looked strange. The part that looks like the back is actually her underside. So on top she's actually all tabby. Still pretty though!

Oh and I forget, just in case anyone was wondering, Butterscotch is, of course, staying nice and busy this winter:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Bscotch looks quite upset that you're taking focus away from him.

"Oh I'll show that Chili. I'll show him what happens to people who take away my spotlight. Just like I showed that old lady who fed me the delicious things."

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Those are some cute bears. :3:

e: it will take some effort to for me to remember the name is polar rather than ice bear

McDragon fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jan 3, 2017

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
A story in four parts.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

That's the weirdest loss edit I've seen in awhile.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

my cat is norris posted:

that was totally my thought as well

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

my cat is norris posted:

goddamnit

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jan 4, 2017

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Chili posted:

Yeah, I saw that in the video and realized it looked strange. The part that looks like the back is actually her underside. So on top she's actually all tabby. Still pretty though!

Oh and I forget, just in case anyone was wondering, Butterscotch is, of course, staying nice and busy this winter:

Oh man, you have the best cats and temporary cats :3:

....:golfclap:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Oh yeah, this is the poo poo I like right here.

Hellacopter
Feb 25, 2011

my cat is norris posted:

I'm not ashamed to say that was the first thing I thought, except there are some quality cat zooms in that picture and no B^U.

Quality butterfat, especially in the upper right. Also is an automatic improvement on loss.jpg. :colbert:

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

:five:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

magnificent :perfect:

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Finally got some good up-close shots of the kitties, the trick is to shoot as soon as you walk in, as they're waking up:

From left to right - Polar, Gummi, Panda

Grizzly and Teddy

Grizzly is still the lightest but he'll hit 10oz by the end of the day, all of the others are either a high 10 or a low 11.

Marchegiana
Jan 31, 2006

. . . Bitch.
Just got back from the kittens' check-up and vaccinations. All three of them have topped the 2 pound mark despite being only 7 weeks old. They're big boys, and judging by their fur will be huge, fluffy boys when they're grown.

We've set a date for the 23rd for them to go back and get their surgery, after which they'll hit the adoption floor (and probably be taken home by someone sometime that week, with how cute they are). I might have to take a hiatus from fostering again until the summer, based on my school schedule- the only reason they're going back the 23rd and not sooner is because I only had Mondays open. I'm waffling because on the one hand I know I won't have a lot of time to run cats back and forth for appointments unless I skip a class now and then, but on the other hand school is stressful and kittens make great therapy.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Marchegiana posted:

Just got back from the kittens' check-up and vaccinations. All three of them have topped the 2 pound mark despite being only 7 weeks old. They're big boys, and judging by their fur will be huge, fluffy boys when they're grown.

We've set a date for the 23rd for them to go back and get their surgery, after which they'll hit the adoption floor (and probably be taken home by someone sometime that week, with how cute they are). I might have to take a hiatus from fostering again until the summer, based on my school schedule- the only reason they're going back the 23rd and not sooner is because I only had Mondays open. I'm waffling because on the one hand I know I won't have a lot of time to run cats back and forth for appointments unless I skip a class now and then, but on the other hand school is stressful and kittens make great therapy.

Yeah, that's a tough call. Every time I've been on the fence, I regret it while I'm in the middle of fostering but am thankful I did it after it's all over.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Gosh those are some cute kitties you've got there, Chili. Looks like they're getting a bit stripy as well.

Are you sure Teddy hasn't been sneaking out and getting lessons in The Face from Butterscotch? :3:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Chili's life is just magical.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Tendai posted:

Chili's life is just magical.

It's got its moments. But some aren't great.

We let mama cat out a couple of times a day to let her stretch her legs and explore. When we do that, we have to lock Butterscotch away. Monty, our other cat isn't typically a problem. But today, she went after him and beat him up really good. I can't find him now (no doors were open or anything so he's in the house somewhere) and I'm super worried about him. I feel bad for that little stinker. He had us all to himself before we started this fostering thing and he definitely spent more time with us then. He used to sleep in our bedroom pretty often but now he relegates himself mostly to the fridge or the couch. Hopefully, I'll find him later tonight, and try and give him some more attention.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Chili posted:

It's got its moments. But some aren't great.

We let mama cat out a couple of times a day to let her stretch her legs and explore. When we do that, we have to lock Butterscotch away. Monty, our other cat isn't typically a problem. But today, she went after him and beat him up really good. I can't find him now (no doors were open or anything so he's in the house somewhere) and I'm super worried about him. I feel bad for that little stinker. He had us all to himself before we started this fostering thing and he definitely spent more time with us then. He used to sleep in our bedroom pretty often but now he relegates himself mostly to the fridge or the couch. Hopefully, I'll find him later tonight, and try and give him some more attention.

yeah, with so many animals around sometimes it really becomes quite the effort to make sure they all get individual attention without the natural attention hogs monopolizing things most of the time.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
I had to leave the house without tracking down Monty as I had clients to see. I was really worried about him, and made it hard to focus. When I got home I asked katdicks if she found him and she just smiled and pointed to the bedroom.

So here's the thing, these two don't get along. They never really have. The best we've seen so far is basically co-existence. Butters still roughhouses more than Monty wants to. And like I said before, ever since Butters moved in, Monty has been a little more docile and aloof.

But then Monty got roughed up by mama (he didn't get hurt just shaken up) and now it seems as though Butters is welcome company. I'm just going to fill in the blanks here and assume that Monty needed some muscle. I mean, he's got Butters between him and the door and is this:

Not the most "IGOTCHUDAWG" look ever?

It was rather heartwarming coming home to find that.

As for the kittens, they're still coming along nicely, except that stupid little orange grizzly hasn't put any weight on over the past few days. It's a little stressful and I've been attacking his dumb kitty mouth with KMR every chance I get, but he's not too pleased about it.

More pictures and videos to follow.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Chili posted:

Awesome, but I'd rather have the money go to something for the new kitties or as a donation to the fostering organization :)

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Bobby Digital posted:

Awesome, but I'd rather have the money go to something for the new kitties or as a donation to the fostering organization :)

Oh you guys :3:

That's fine though. I'll get the kitties some crinkly foil balls in your honor!

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Chili posted:

Oh you guys :3:

That's fine though. I'll get the kitties some crinkly foil balls in your honor!

:3: Please post results of said crinkles :3:

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
Awwwwww Monty N Butters!

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chili posted:

I had to leave the house without tracking down Monty as I had clients to see. I was really worried about him, and made it hard to focus. When I got home I asked katdicks if she found him and she just smiled and pointed to the bedroom.

What a good bro :kimchi:

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Stripey booger + portly creamsicle. The cutest comedy duo.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Chili posted:

I'm just going to fill in the blanks here and assume that Monty needed some muscle. I mean, he's got Butters between him and the door and is this:

So what you have is Butters trading protection for (I assume) Monty's snacks, prison style.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Good morning everyone! Have a cute--if not relatively uneventful--update from the foster room!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvVUHkZG6Xw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
They're growing up so fast :3:

They've reached my favorite stage of kitten life now, where they're stumbling around with their pointy triangle tails in the air. It's a wide open world, little guys!