Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
If the Pokemon episode is any indication, we are up for some prime absolute bafflement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Nice, thanks!

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Billy Gnosis posted:

I was thinking of calling in Robot Jox (again) since I was obsessed with that movie as a kid and am afraid to watch it again.

From what I saw on RLM's Best of the Worst that isn't actually a bad movie, just kind a creaky cheesefest B-flick. Were RLM too forgiving? I haven't seen Robot Jox myself.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I was considering calling in Godzilla vs King Ghidorah because of all the ridiculous stuff in there but it seems a little out of their usual range.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Open Water 2: Adrift is super infuriatingly stupid, and I'd love to hear the guys struggle with it.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

From what I saw on RLM's Best of the Worst that isn't actually a bad movie, just kind a creaky cheesefest B-flick. Were RLM too forgiving? I haven't seen Robot Jox myself.

Nope, it's a fun watch and not in any way bad. You should watch it if you like that kind of thing.

They've mentioned it before, but I caught My Favorite Martian on vacation and boy that's pretty terrible. Christopher Lloyd and Jeff Daniels being bad and a rape gag involving Wallace Shawn. There's more then enough to hate on in it.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
3 Will Smith related bad movies from 2016. That's a pretty rough track record for him. Even if he only shows up in a picture for one of them.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Have they done any Uwe Boll movies? I would love to hear them take on House of the Dead or In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Have they done any Uwe Boll movies? I would love to hear them take on House of the Dead or In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale.

If they don't want to do any Asylum films, I doubt they'd want to do one of his. Especially since his movies tend to make all the bad movie podcasts.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

duz posted:

If they don't want to do any Asylum films, I doubt they'd want to do one of his. Especially since his movies tend to make all the bad movie podcasts.

Some of his movies were released in theaters, so that sets them above Asylum dreck. I can understand not wanting to do movies that other podcasts have done, but they've crossed over a lot.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I'm hoping Great Mouse Detective is an Animation Damnation sometime in the future. It's not a bad film but it's so interesting to talk about. The WHM guys would do it justice

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Evil Mastermind posted:

I can't wait to hear the angry emails they get for the Suicide Squad movie.
As long as it's a better episode than the BvS one I'm fine.

Andorra posted:

Big Money Hustlas or Big Money Rustlas if only because I want to know how bad those movies are without watching them myself.
After listening to the Movie Mastery on it I went and watched Big Money Rustlas. Shockingly it's actually not terrible. Like it's a bad movie, but it's actually kind of fun to watch.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Some of his movies were released in theaters, so that sets them above Asylum dreck. I can understand not wanting to do movies that other podcasts have done, but they've crossed over a lot.

Uwe Boll movies are so dire, there is barely there even to make fun of. Maybe Bloodrayne as a fodder for impressions.
And the "in on a joke" period movies (from Postal onwards) are even worse.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

TetsuoTW posted:

As long as it's a better episode than the BvS one I'm fine.

But the BvS episode is drat near perfect.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Captain Hotbutt posted:

How can it be perfect when they didn't even know what a Parademon was?

1/10, read a goddamn comic sometime.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

fatherboxx posted:

Uwe Boll movies are so dire, there is barely there even to make fun of. Maybe Bloodrayne as a fodder for impressions.
And the "in on a joke" period movies (from Postal onwards) are even worse.

The first Rampage is a legitimately good film, and the second one would make a hilarious episode. HAven't seen the third one yet.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Captain Hotbutt posted:

Seriously, it was a great episode all around and it was almost as long as Star Wars.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

duz posted:

Nope, it's a fun watch and not in any way bad. You should watch it if you like that kind of thing.

Cool, thanks! :)

Have they said they won't do Battlefield Earth?

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Captain Hotbutt posted:

Anything with Ghost Senator Holly Hunter never fails cracks me up;
"Now I'm in ghostworld with Kevin Costner. All us ghosts walk the earth - I've got piss all over my face - I'm a piss ghost"

And just them laughing their balls off.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Gyges posted:

How can it be perfect when they didn't even know what a Parademon was?

1/10, read a goddamn comic sometime.

Sup Kenny G

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I guess I just prefer when they're not being deliberately obtuse.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

precision posted:

The first Rampage is a legitimately good film, and the second one would make a hilarious episode. HAven't seen the third one yet.

Not having heard of this and knowing his penchant for bad video game movies, I was hoping to finally get the Giant Ape/Lizard/Werewolf movie I always wanted, but alas.

TetsuoTW posted:

I guess I just prefer when they're not being deliberately obtuse.

I've seen no one but a certain kind of comic book nerd get mad about this. It was a garbage movie that made even less sense if you were a "normal" audience member that didn't already know a bunch of dumb DC Universe poo poo.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I've seen no one but a certain kind of comic book nerd get mad about this. It was a garbage movie that made even less sense if you were a "normal" audience member that didn't already know a bunch of dumb DC Universe poo poo.
Dude there's no need to be a dick just because I didn't like one episode of a show.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

TetsuoTW posted:

Dude there's no need to be a dick just because I didn't like one episode of a show.

Not trying to be, just pointing out that not picking up on unexplained and unnecessary fanservice isn't "deliberately obtuse"

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
You don't need to know what Parademons are to understand Batman's fear of Sky People.

edit: also I just want to say that the She's All That episode is still amazing.

The D in Detroit fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jan 8, 2017

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Captain Hotbutt posted:

I still laugh at the thought of towards the end when either Steve or Andrew just yells "IT'S SO. loving. STUPID!"

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I loved Batman v Superman (doubly so the Ultimate Cut) but that episode did make me laugh. But I can understand if someone didn't care for it. A lot of critics, while do bring up some points that have merit and can be discussed, often had brain farts when it comes to critical interpretation. One, at the time, that I vividly remember is that critics complained they didn't know Lex Luthor's motivation despite him having a monologue about it for 5 minutes. But it was also in the parts of that review that boiled down to "Not my Lex Luthor" and other weird DC fanboy stuff.

So when a group of internet funnymans have some fun with it, it could rub people the wrong way.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

I hope The Big Hit gets in this year, I want to hear them go off on "Taste the Golden Spray" and Trace-buster Buster BUSTERs.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I'd really like them to do an episode on Revolver. There's just so much bullshit in that film.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Lemon posted:

I'd really like them to do an episode on Revolver. There's just so much bullshit in that film.

That's just your ego talking. Learn to let it go and two people with the biggest ego around will carry you off to paradise (with your own money they stole).

Or something. That movie was hard to follow.

ZakAce
May 15, 2007

GF
I second The Great Mouse Detective because Vincent Price voices Ratigan and he is fa-bu-looous~

Also putting in a vote for Fern Gully. Evil Tim Curry smog monster and rapping Robin Williams? Why not.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

OK, I've listened to a few of these episodes, and I have to admit - I find these guys about as funny as me; that is to say, not funny at all.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
God I hope them hawking that loot crate poo poo when the episode was already going was just a fluke and not the rule from now on

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Samovar posted:

OK, I've listened to a few of these episodes, and I have to admit - I find these guys about as funny as me; that is to say, not funny at all.

What kind of comedy do you like, out of interest? It's always gonna be a personal taste thing whether someone likes a certain piece of comedy or not.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Samovar posted:

Cool welcome to the thread about the podcast you listen to but don't like.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Jimbot posted:

That's just your ego talking. Learn to let it go and two people with the biggest ego around will carry you off to paradise (with your own money they stole).

Or something. That movie was hard to follow.

Haha I just checked out the Wikipedia entry and the Plot section starts out very detailed and then runs out of steam about a third of the way through the story, presumably when the writer realised how inane it all was and then just quickly summed it up.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Lemon posted:

I'd hope that'd be a we love movies
Who doesn't like to see an orange trembling ray liotta
Some of the funniest ending credits ever too

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

Punkin Spunkin posted:

an orange trembling ray liotta

The only missing item in the checklist from my Observer Book of Tropical Butterflies!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Red Bones posted:

What kind of comedy do you like, out of interest? It's always gonna be a personal taste thing whether someone likes a certain piece of comedy or not.

Well, I suppose the main problem I have with it is the guys doing impressions/references/putting on accents. It's very reminiscent of Family Guy, to me. Their analysis seems very... well, lackluster. Little about cinematography, etc.

As to what comedy I like... well, certainly not jokes based on quoting other media. It reminds me too much of my teenage years of people thinking they were funny by repeating something that was funny out of context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Samovar posted:

Okay