Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
The OP is really good this time around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the ps+ games are good this month. OP, put something in the first post about how Ps+ games have to be april 2015 caliber to complain

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

*PS+ games drop tomorrow but are on PS store night before*

Anyone know why the PS+ games for the month aren't downloading or showing $0.00?

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

verbal enema posted:

The OP is really good this time around

Yeah props on the OP there brah. It answers the hard hitting questions.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

*PS+ games drop tomorrow but are on PS store night before*

Anyone know why the PS+ games for the month aren't downloading or showing $0.00?

I have them downloaded

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Maybe I'm just daft, but what is the selling point of the Pro?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

LODGE NORTH posted:

Better performance/visuals? It's not complicated.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
OP thanks for adding my post to the OP, and sorry I caused the exact thing I didn't want to happen.

Edit: gently caress Defiled Amygdala.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Akuma posted:

Better performance/visuals? It's not complicated.

Is performance an issue on the normal PS4 already? Are there even demanding scenarios to be had on consoles? And is the only visual upgrade selective 4K support?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

LODGE NORTH posted:

Is performance an issue on the normal PS4 already? Are there even demanding scenarios to be had on consoles? And is the only visual upgrade selective 4K support?

Yes Visuals get pushed over performance on consoles
Yes many console games have areas of bad performance
No developers have lots of freedom in what they put.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

qbert posted:

Edit: gently caress Defiled Amygdala.

Sorry, mang :(

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

If Sony weren't trying to push their bullshit half gen revisions and actually bothered to certify games properly, there'd be no problem getting games running well on PS4. Look at stuff like Titanfall 2, Phantom Pain, DOOM, Wolfenstein, Uncharted 4 for great looking games that run excellently on PS4.

It's very much down to devs writing bad code.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm not going to do an effort/long post about how good Bloodborne is but just my experience.

I bought Dark Souls 1 on PC a few months after it came out and didn't click for me. In 2014 I have it another try amd hooked me so bad that I spent months playing it on PC and 360. I got DS2 SOTFS (PC) and loved it too and for the first time I was hyped for a new game. Got DS3, loved and this December I went ahead and got a PS4 to play Bloodborne.

With all the previous souls games when I beat a NG cycle I took a few days break before playing again either NG+ or a new character. With Bloodborne I beat Orphan of Kos and the Gehrman/Moon presence duo, went to NG+, beat cleric beast, Gascoigne and just quit to make a new char.

Bloodborne is so good that if you like any souls game, you have to get a PS4 just for it.

Bloodborne is like you throw a Lovecraft book with Penny Dreadful and a spice of Van Helsing, mix all up and you get a big awesome thing. :allears:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

LODGE NORTH posted:

🙄

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That's what you get for not putting it in the thread title 😈

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Playstation 4: Get the drat model you want.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Buy a pro if you enjoy those youtube videos of people staring at random brick textures for ten minutes or clocking and extra 4 FPS more than actually playing games.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

If Sony weren't trying to push their bullshit half gen revisions and actually bothered to certify games properly, there'd be no problem getting games running well on PS4.

Cert is more for checking that the button prompts say the right thing and the game doesnt crash in ways that break security of the console. Quality assurance is on the devs for all platforms and performance issues were all over ps3 which was just one console

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

Buy a pro if you enjoy those youtube videos of people staring at random brick textures for ten minutes or clocking and extra 4 FPS more than actually playing games.
Or if you want to capture games at 1080p using the built in stuff.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Guys I don't have a 4k TV should I just get a slim or spend the extra $100 to futureproof :ohdear:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Knack 2 is pro exclusive but will need an additional slim plugged into the pro to run

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Real hurthling! posted:

new thread, new reminder to play the last guardian to completion because you have to be a real sour person with a burning hatred for ueda's beautiful japanese mind to not love the gently caress out of the game warts and all.

I respect your taste in games a lot and I want to play it but also my dog is pretty sick and probably won't make it to the summer and I don't want to play a game just now where I'm sure I'll get to see that poo poo play out and bawl my eyes out

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Knack 2 is pro exclusive but will need an additional slim plugged into the pro to run

The second player can only use the PSVR breakout box to play

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Akuma posted:

Or if you want to capture games at 1080p using the built in stuff.

As a Pro user, this is a real good feature.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Guys I don't have a 4k TV should I just get a slim or spend the extra $100 to futureproof :ohdear:

The bottom line is: get a pro if you have a flexible entertainment budget, get a slim if your entertainment budget is tighter. I saw some slim bundles around the holidays that were totally decent and I would recommend them without reservation to friends who try to keep their video game spending at more reasonable level than I do. Two good games (usually UC4 and GTA5 or something) plus an extra controller with the console, all for 250 USD is a great deal for people gaming on a budget.

Speaking of UC4, I got back into the single player campaign today and I'm really enjoying it as I close in on the last chapters. The game mechanics are the best in series even if the story isn't as fun as UC2's. I love how Nate's doubt and guilt actually play into the game narrative as you hit more dead ends and slip more. Also the rope grapple really is just so neat.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Jan 7, 2017

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm on chapter 14 of UC4. My first Uncharted game. It's fantastic. How do 1-3 hold up in comparison in the collection? It's gonna be hard to step back from these visuals. That drat chase scene, jeeeez

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

U1 will seem like caveman poo poo. 2 and 3 hold up really well. I'd say 2 and 3 are better than 4 imo. They look great on PS4.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

1 is relatively primitive but still playable, 2 is maybe better than 4 and 3 is good but kind of all over the place story-wise.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Did the PSVR's supply ever catch up with demand in the US? It certainly hasn't in Japan.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

1 is relatively primitive but still playable, 2 is maybe better than 4 and 3 is good but kind of all over the place story-wise.

I remember being amazed at the concept of taking cover in UC1. You could avoid getting shot

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Having played Gears of War before that I was more amazed at it having colours other than grey and brown.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

Did the PSVR's supply ever catch up with demand in the US? It certainly hasn't in Japan.

It doesn't seem so, but they're readily available 2nd hand at cost

What did the launch bundle cost that came with everything? $500? yep $500

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jan 7, 2017

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
That's a good OP, OP.

About the KS8000 60" though, IIRC all we really know is that it's probably not a Samsung panel which might be a good thing rather than something to be avoided.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I just remember on rtings someone said the viewing angle as worse and people are scared of the different bezel :shrug:

Better or worse I doubt we'd notice

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sakurazuka posted:

Having played Gears of War before that I was more amazed at it having colours other than grey and brown.

Did you turn on the Next-Gen filter and feel more at home?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I just remember on rtings someone said the viewing angle as worse and people are scared of the different bezel :shrug:

Better or worse I doubt we'd notice

From the graphs the viewing angle is the only thing the 60 inch is worse at than all the others. It's actually better than some of the others in certain areas.

Thb I have the 60 inch. I didn't have enough in my budget to go up to 65 and I wanted to upgrade to the biggest TV I could afford because I want to keep this one for a while. The 60 inch is great and I like the mostly black bezel. It's very low key.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mafia 3 got a pro patch to native 1440p with super sampling for 1080p screens
improved motion blur effects and shadows
fixed frame pacing now on all ps4 models
the rough frame tearing from base hardware is fixed on pro but trade off is 2-3fps drops in scenes that have alpha effects out the rear end like the klan rally with all the smoke and fog. dev got too greedy. still a solid 30 in regular gameplay

bloodychill posted:

I respect your taste in games a lot and I want to play it but also my dog is pretty sick and probably won't make it to the summer and I don't want to play a game just now where I'm sure I'll get to see that poo poo play out and bawl my eyes out

i lost my cat 5 months ago after a long illness and those feelings which are still fresh and painful for me did not come up in the playthrough

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jan 7, 2017

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

After upgrading to the Pro I felt the improvements were downplayed by everyone. I primarily play on a 1080p Bravia and my games run and look dramatically better than my launch system. Much less fan noise too.

Mafia 3 is a new game. The Last Guardian plays as it should. Watch Dogs 2 and TitanFall 2 look like pre-rendered CG. Maybe my launch system was dying but I'm really digging the performance increase from the Pro.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

The pro is essential for bf1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Congrats on discovering the placebo effect.