Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Did saber work for the allies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its probably not even world war I but a war inbetween I and II....

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Teh world war cinematic universe....

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Davincie posted:

its probably not even world war I but a war inbetween I and II....

ascended world war

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yesterday I learned that people in Dallas lose their loving minds when we get about a 10th of an inch of snow. Made me very glad I take the train into/out of work.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yesterday I learned that people in Dallas lose their loving minds when we get about a 10th of an inch of snow. Made me very glad I take the train into/out of work.

Don't worry, Anne will fix it somehow

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Namtab posted:

ascended world war

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Spiritus Nox posted:

Oh, wait, this isn't the chat thread.

...Eh. Oh well. :effort:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Demi-chan makes up for the bad shows yet to air. Extra-cute art turned out to be nothing to worry about. I want Hikari's hairdo explained though.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Demi-chan was really good, can't wait for more.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I was worried by the poster, but looking at it in motion, Demi-chan's art style is fine and good. No Jitsu-Wa problem here

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Does Demi-chan have any extra content over the manga so far? I like the manga but I'm not too interested in watching something that's a straight adaptation.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

urara meicho & spiritpact: boring

demi-chan: good adaption, i like the little added parts like the mild fairytale storybook aesthetic and the little parts about racial (?) awkwardness

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

Does Demi-chan have any extra content over the manga so far? I like the manga but I'm not too interested in watching something that's a straight adaptation.

It's not an exact reproduction, there are were a bunch of new scenes added.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Cool, thanks. I'll guess I'll watch the first episode, at least.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I feel like you wouldn't get much blood out of there.

What's wrong with the vampires of today?

a kitten fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jan 7, 2017

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Command Ant posted:

Aoi Yuuki is doing a good job with Tanya's voice, too. She sounds like a cruel toddler, which is perfect for the character.

her voice is loving terrible

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Lemon-Lime posted:

the mc is voiced by junichi suwabe

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i wonder if machi ever accidentally punched herself in the face trying to quickly grab her head as a child. that'd be pretty embarassing

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

a kitten posted:

That's actually the point, in this case (read the manga to find out why!).

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
demi-chan anime is ridiculously good imo

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Demi-chan is cute and good and exceeded expectations.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Demi-chan is good. Masamune's Revenge and Urara Meirocho are ok.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

The Colonel posted:

demi-chan anime is ridiculously good imo

:yeah:
I really like how they animated Macchi's movements.

E: wow, it's sitting at 5 stars with 218 votes right now.
Cute powerhouse, starto! :hist101:

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jan 7, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Well dang, between this and the surreal thread it really does sound like Demi-chan is a thing I need to check out.

Hooray for surprises!

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

So does Demi-chan get a new thread or does the old monstergirl thread get revived?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'll make the demi-chan thread, i don't think we're gonna reopen a thread that got closed because it was just fetishy art

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Let's not reopen the monstergirl thread, for multiple reasons. Someone can make an anime thread if they want, or there's Dr. Sunshine's good surreal life thread where we talk about it.

E: reading comprehension :smithicide:
Ty colonel.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Urara Meirocho: Nothing special, but the OP and ED are cute
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKQZf4DoK3M

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

a kitten posted:

What's wrong with the vampires of today?

Looks like the MC is gonna have a tough time with her in biology class...

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
on second thought i'm gonna let someone else make the demi-chan anime thread. i don't really feel like i can make a good op for it for some reason

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

MrLonghair posted:

Demi-chan makes up for the bad shows yet to air. Extra-cute art turned out to be nothing to worry about. I want Hikari's hairdo explained though.

her sister sort of explains it iirc. so assuming we reach that chapter, it might happen.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Demi-chan was a cute and good adaption of a cute and good manga.

Weird that they translated the title as Interviews with Monster Girls if they're still going to call them Demi's though.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Seiren
Studio Gokumi | Kobayashi, Tomoki | ... | School | Original | Jan 6, 2017
Shouichi Kamita is an ordinary high school boy, who is faced with university entrance exams and worries about his future. This campus romantic comedy, “SEIREN” (Seiren means honest in Japanese), depicts his pure relationship with three different heroines. Each story is the unique and mutual memory between him and the heroine.

I randomly selected this from Cruncyroll's Winter Lineup page, and it was really bad and unfunny.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Demi-chan was a cute and good adaption of a cute and good manga.

Weird that they translated the title as Interviews with Monster Girls if they're still going to call them Demi's though.

Gotta have 'Monster Girl' in the title to hit the demographic

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
In Fall '16 holdover news, it seems like Classicaloid is going places:

https://twitter.com/annjakeh/status/817864076004986880

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Gotta have 'Monster Girl' in the title to hit the demographic

Yeah, but I figured they'd use it in the show as well. If only to be consistent, or otherwise give away that the title is not correct.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Yeah, but I figured they'd use it in the show as well. If only to be consistent, or otherwise give away that the title is not correct.

We talked about it in the manga thread some too.

z0glin Warchief posted:

I feel like one could come up with a title that signals the monster girl thing without also being terrible, but then again these are the same people who felt this was a good change, so maybe not:

RME
Feb 20, 2012

The Colonel posted:

on second thought i'm gonna let someone else make the demi-chan anime thread. i don't really feel like i can make a good op for it for some reason

i believe in you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Demi-Chan seems pretty cute and good.

• Locked thread