Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Rolled a 10 for Scathach, got Marie Antoinette and Saber Lancelot instead. Oh well, there's always next year :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Got Lancer Vlad. How is he?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Is Centaur Island in Okeanos really the only place to grind Meteoric Horseshoes? I'm pretty sure that droprate can be considered a crime against humanity

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I used one of my tickets to draw and got a Scathach.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Wuxi posted:

Is Centaur Island in Okeanos really the only place to grind Meteoric Horseshoes? I'm pretty sure that droprate can be considered a crime against humanity

Wiki says that after clearing the Camelot Gate Free Quest, a better place is unlocked (looks like scorched ground).

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Debating with myself if I want to hold out for the limited gacha or try and roll for Scathach.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

After finally getting my 2nd horseshoe after 40 runs I am faced with the heartbreaking truth... Asterios last ascension needs 4 more of those fuckers.

Sadly Camelot is a bit out of the question for my diverse and battle-tested servant line-up, consisting of a lvl32 Mashu and a lvl44 Asterios.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Wuxi posted:

After finally getting my 2nd horseshoe after 40 runs I am faced with the heartbreaking truth... Asterios last ascension needs 4 more of those fuckers.

Sadly Camelot is a bit out of the question for my diverse and battle-tested servant line-up, consisting of a lvl32 Mashu and a lvl44 Asterios.

I believe in the Fluffy/Kohai tag-team.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
I'm thinking attempting Ishtarin but without a ready supply of quartz ehhh.

I have 15$ on Google Play as a christmas present but for some reason I can't use it to purchase quartz; is there a way to buy 15$ worth of yen on the google play store?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Is the limited gacha just all the previous servants from the past week+? Or does it include more stuff (like Jeanne Alter, etc)? I'm debating whether I should throw my remaining quartz at Musashi or that.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I rolled my ticket, saw a Gold Lancer, and dared to be excited.

It was Liz.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Got Lancer Vlad. How is he?

Pretty good, which is really good for Lancers since all of the best ones are limited. Protection of the Faith is a good skill.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Ytlaya posted:

Is the limited gacha just all the previous servants from the past week+? Or does it include more stuff (like Jeanne Alter, etc)? I'm debating whether I should throw my remaining quartz at Musashi or that.

The one on the 11th is a grab-bag of everyone who's been available before then. Jeanne Alter is not included.

I'm a little tempted to just hold off on pulling entirely - I got Mordred while fishing for Musashi, and really, that's good enough since I'm looking for Buster people in each class who can play nice with Merlin. Ishtar or Gil might be nice, as might Kintoki, but I don't feel super moved to go nuts for any one of them. Besides, we have no idea what the back half of the month will bring, and what they'll be doing to fill the time while we wait for part 1 of Epic of Remnant to come out.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Between this time and the last Ishtar limited gacha I'm up to 825 gems and 48 tickets spent. Still no Rin. Gotta start saving up for the next time she shows up. Also gently caress gacha games.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice
I threw my tickets at Rin, no show. Which makes sense though as I probably used up whatever luck I had to get the last 3 5*'s I have.

I'd have bought some more quartz but some unexpected financial issues popped up (deadbeat roommates) and I gotta wait a while until things get stable. :sigh:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I have solemnly sworn to not purchase any more quartz until Swimsuit Kiyohime is back in the gacha.

It's been nice having $40 more to spend every month.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
First Order had some issues as an adaptation but I still like it a lot mainly because it allows my boy Cu to run around being awesome and cool.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I spent a long time grinding a single Talon of Chaos for Scathach's third ascension (the best drop rate is apparently 17.7% from Des Moine, but the level takes a while to grind each time), thinking for some reason it was all I needed. Then I notice her final ascension requires six more and just went "pfffffft" and decided to wait until the next event. Grinding gears wasn't nearly as bad, partly because the level where you grind them can be defeated much faster. I'm also running low on apples finally, so I can't just freely grind like crazy anymore (I really should have left myself more so I could easily complete whatever the next event is*).

Also, even worse than the Talons, I'm running a little low on Hearts. I only have 8 left, 5 of which will be needed for Scathach's final ascension. Meaning I'll be running short for the nest servant who ends up needing them.

* Any idea when the next even is, for that matter? It's so much easier to get gems/statues/etc from them.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The only thing we know for sure is coming is the Valentines rerun in February. We might get something for the latter half of January, but we could just as well have another month of nothing.

Also I lasted half a year, but I think I can say for sure now that I've burned out on trying to translate F/GO. I've just been staring at these last 100 lines for something like five days now. :negative:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Yeah I had to grind talons myself for Saber Alter's 60-70 Ascension; thank christ I have over 100 of the golden wingtips.

BlitzBlast posted:

The only thing we know for sure is coming is the Valentines rerun in February. We might get something for the latter half of January, but we could just as well have another month of nothing.

Also I lasted half a year, but I think I can say for sure now that I've burned out on trying to translate F/GO. I've just been staring at these last 100 lines for something like five days now. :negative:

Take a break man, come back refreshed. :shobon: :)

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

How has nobody lost their poo poo over this yet?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
NO PLEASE NO PLEASE NO

I HAVE A WALLET I HAVE TO FEED MYSELF DW

I DIDN'T SEE THIS I DIDN'T KNOW

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
I actually saved up some quartz for the limited grab-bag and because I had a suspicion this might be coming. And I still have tons of quartz left in free quests and bond points that I can farm up over the next two weeks. So I'm all set. :smug:

(watch me pull absolutely nothing because my karma needs adjusting after getting double Merlins on free pulls as well as a Mordred while trying for Musashi)

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
It's not a waifu so I don't care. :D

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Half ap class daily next week. Grind your mat and gem then.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jan 10, 2017

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Is it wrong that the main reason I'm so happy about this is that we get to see what the gently caress King Hassan would give for Valentines?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Your torn apart wallet.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Nyaa posted:

Your torn apart wallet.

So that's where he got all that money to give out for New Year's.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Do we know what cards Hassan uses (in terms of Buster/Arts/Quick)? I didn't see it on the page. Since I already have Jack I don't really have any need for another quick Assassin (since I seriously doubt anything is going to be significantly better than her).

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Ytlaya posted:

Do we know what cards Hassan uses (in terms of Buster/Arts/Quick)? I didn't see it on the page. Since I already have Jack I don't really have any need for another quick Assassin (since I seriously doubt anything is going to be significantly better than her).

From what I remember his cards are AQBBB and his noble phantasm is another Buster.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Tribladeofchaos posted:

From what I remember his cards are AQBBB and his noble phantasm is another Buster.

Ah that is quite interesting for an Assassin (and I guess I could have checked on the wiki now that I think of it). I'll throw all the quartz I have left at him, since I lucked out with Scathach and still have some left.

edit: I just looked at his skills and I'm not really sure what to make of him. He has the same star gen as Jack, but with AQBBB it seems he won't be of much use as a star generator. He can buff himself some, but not to an unusual extent. Also not sure how useful the Death chance on his NP is in practice. The really strong Guts is pretty nice, though.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jan 10, 2017

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Death chance are like 2-10% on servant with all death buff applied.

Much higher for midboss monster though i would rather my servant hit harder instead.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Dammit, I'm out of everything.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Gacha has crushed my hopes and dreams of getting Musashi. :(

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

PunkBoy posted:

Gacha has crushed my hopes and dreams of getting Musashi. :(

You'll have one more chance, due to shenanigans!

I still sort of want her (the trial quest was very :3:) but in the end I have a buster-heavy Saber already and I don't really need a second.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

SpaceDrake posted:

You'll have one more chance, due to shenanigans!

I still sort of want her (the trial quest was very :3:) but in the end I have a buster-heavy Saber already and I don't really need a second.

Oh, what shenanigans happened?

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jan 11, 2017

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I waited till today to roll, for the biggest chance to get Musashi or at least the 2017 CE. Now I have Ilya and got both 2016 CEs and I don't know if I should be happy or disappointed that I can't loving read

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Is there any good reason for someone to want to roll today instead of on the specific day of the servants they want?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Ytlaya posted:

Is there any good reason for someone to want to roll today instead of on the specific day of the servants they want?
Lower odd of dupe five stars?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nyaa posted:

Lower odd of dupe five stars?

Yeah but why would you keep rolling after getting the thing you wanted in the first place? I mean, the chance of getting multiple 5*s in a since 10-roll is so ridiculously small that it's not really worth consideration.

edit: Okay, I came up with one possible reason. If the servant you wanted most appeared in the gacha after the servant you wanted second most, then you might save all your quartz for the one you wanted most. If you then got lucky and acquired that one without spending all your quartz, you could spend the rest on the all-limited-servant day in the hopes of getting the one you wanted second-most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I am pretty sure the way the system work is you hitting that rare 1% for five stars and you have like 80% chance of getting the rate up of servant. Having ten rate up means it's like 8% to get the same servant again when you hit another 1%.