Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Real hurthling! posted:

The story isnt too long. Check hltb.com

LOL 18 hours. What the hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It doesn't take that long. Each Act is maybe only 2 hours for a first timer if you're flying through on Hard/Expert and skipping dialogue (you should skip dialogue).

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Think I'm gonna impulse buy a 2nd hand PSVR how dumb of an idea is that

I already have Rez :catdrugs: and bought Battlrfront like an idiot

Speaking of Rez, that must be the easiest game to release DLC for. I doubt they will but I really hope they do

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Speaking of Rez, that must be the easiest game to release DLC for. I doubt they will but I really hope they do

I got a refurbished one off Amazon for Christmas and I love the thing. It's really cool, and it's fun to bring to a party or a family gathering or something (I brought mine to my family's for Christmas). There's not a lot out for it right now, but the stuff that is good is good (Thumper), and being able to watch Netflix and poo poo like you're watching a 110 inch TV while you lay down is cool.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

No way, if you get a good deal, that's a great way to jump in. PSVR is pretty awesome, but a little too expensive right now.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

$600 for launch bundle with Valkyrie and battlezone, don't really want the games but hey

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Rez is the best PSVR game anyway, for me it pretty much justified the whole thing.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Thumper is not only great but also sick as gently caress in VR

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah that game gets a lot of praise, I watched some gameplay and while I dig the visuals it seemed kinda meh, one of those things you just gotta play eh? Enough replay for $20?

I assume VR videos work YouTube etc? Asking for a friend

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jan 8, 2017

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

$600 for launch bundle with Valkyrie and battlezone, don't really want the games but hey
Battlezone is pretty good, at least

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Good thing I have a pro to best optimize the use :frogbon:

Flumpus
Jul 22, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Yeah that game gets a lot of praise, I watched some gameplay and while I dig the visuals it seemed kinda meh, one of those things you just gotta play eh? Enough replay for $20?

I assume VR videos work YouTube etc? Asking for a friend

Youtube yes, that app was updated with VR support, the other videos, maybe... There's VR support in Media Player, but not for Side by Side videos, only the 360 degree videos, which kind of suck. My impression is you have to stretch the resolution over a full 360, and it just is going to look bad almost no matter what. I don't have any Side by Side videos to test out, so I'm not sure how good they are, but I did get my PSVR working with SteamVR today and a VR Media Player there, so if I can get ahold of a good sample, am curious to see the difference between the 360 videos and others.

Oh, and I'm of the opinion Thumper is absolutely a must play, and videos don't really do it justice. I've played it exclusively in VR and am in the last level, and it's amazing. They added a hardcore NG+ type mode where you have one life and stuff like that, and if you're into it, you get rankings for each stage and level and there are trophies for that sorta thing. Seems like there's a very high skill ceiling.

Flumpus fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jan 8, 2017

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Flumpus posted:

Youtube yes, that app was updated with VR support, the other videos, maybe... There's VR support in Media Player, but not for Side by Side videos, only the 360 degree videos, which kind of suck. My impression is you have to stretch the resolution over a full 360, and it just is going to look bad almost no matter what. I don't have any Side by Side videos to test out, so I'm not sure how good they are, but I did get my PSVR working with SteamVR today and a VR Media Player there, so if I can get ahold of a good sample, am curious to see the difference between the 360 videos and others.

Oh, and I'm of the opinion Thumper is absolutely a must play, and videos don't really do it justice. I've played it exclusively in VR and am in the last level, and it's amazing. They added a hardcore NG+ type mode where you have one life and stuff like that, and if you're into it, you get rankings for each stage and level and there are trophies for that sorta thing. Seems like there's a very high skill ceiling.

When I see the scores at the top of the charts in Thumper I think about the story of the dude in the QA department at Harmonix who could perfect guitar hero songs on Expert difficulty with the guitar behind his back.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Oxxidation posted:

Don't reel, at all, if your controller is vibrating. That's pretty much the only way you can prevent getting huge chunks bitten out of your line's vitality.

Even then it's an uphill battle. I caught one of the top-end fish with literally 2 hp left on my line.

Just got the fish at Galdin Quay - took me nearly 7 minutes to reel him in and only had about 200 durability left - satisfying as gently caress though.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

TaurusOxford posted:

Just got the fish at Galdin Quay - took me nearly 7 minutes to reel him in and only had about 200 durability left - satisfying as gently caress though.

The key is to not reel when the controller is vibrating.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Anyone got Wild Guns Reloaded?

Fools on ye olde internet seem to be liking it.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
It looks good but I'm not down for spending $30 on it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

it costs to much and has some crazy decisions in it like mp wipes are hard game overs while single player wipes have continues (but you lose leader board access).

so basically you can't just have a friend over to try it out casually cause you won't get past level two unless they train.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Valid crits.

What if I don't ever play local co-op with anyone and don't care so much about the cost...

How's the actual gameplay?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I guess I'm underleveled in ff15. I can't figure out how to raise my defense. Is it based on accessories or by just leveling up?

I was getting my rear end kicked in the ice dungeon even though I'm around level 20.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

blackguy32 posted:

I guess I'm underleveled in ff15. I can't figure out how to raise my defense. Is it based on accessories or by just leveling up?

I was getting my rear end kicked in the ice dungeon even though I'm around level 20.
That was the first real challenge I saw. I needed to go to wait mode and make sure my characters were dealing damage effectively and heavy use of the regroup command.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Feenix posted:

Valid crits.

What if I don't ever play local co-op with anyone and don't care so much about the cost...

How's the actual gameplay?

It's very good. It's shooting gallery style gameplay but more dynamic since the things you're shooting at are shooting back so you need to actual avoid attacks. And you have a few defensive options, from just moving out of the way to an action dodge to just shooting the bullets. Stages are varied and all throw new obstacles at you so nothing gets old, although the flipside is that the game is fairly content light. The original SNES version at least can be beaten in around an hour once you get good, although the new version has a few more stages so it's a bit longer, and working your way up to "good" can take a bit. The game controls very well, although it can take some getting used to managing both your character and where their gun is aiming. And each of the four characters plays fairly distinctly (although Clint and Anne play fairly standardly).

If you don't care about the cost I highly recommend picking it up.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

blackguy32 posted:

Anklets, your choice in clothing, level, and one AP node.

I usually did all hunts that were available and seemed doable before moving on to plot stuff, and that worked out well in terms of being up to snuff for dungeons.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ok i'm lost how do I unlock the next level for each difficulty in Resogun I think I read you have to do each level in every difficulty? Doesn't seem to be normal level progression

or does online co-op not apply?

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Ok i'm lost how do I unlock the next level for each difficulty in Resogun I think I read you have to do each level in every difficulty? Doesn't seem to be normal level progression

or does online co-op not apply?

IIRC, each difficulty you gotta start at stage one and go from there.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

I had a customer ask to return their Christmas present of Ghostbusters on PS4. I asked why.

"Because it's awful.'

Let me tell you: They were not wrong.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Nearly bought a Pro and a 55" 4K TV today to replace my lovely old 40" 1080p Samsung and launch PS4.

Reserved them for store collection and then measured the trunk/back seat of my car and realised the 55" TV wouldn't actually fit in there.

Lol, i'm dumb.

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick

spudsbuckley posted:

Nearly bought a Pro and a 55" 4K TV today to replace my lovely old 40" 1080p Samsung and launch PS4.

Reserved them for store collection and then measured the trunk/back seat of my car and realised the 55" TV wouldn't actually fit in there.

Lol, i'm dumb.

You just need a bigger car. Pro -> 4K tv -> SUV

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

spudsbuckley posted:

Lol, i'm dumb.

Actually I have to say that's pretty smart. Dumb woulda been not measuring, buying it anyway and trying to tie it to the roof. That woulda been a good gif for the schadenfreude thread.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Was the PSVR a success to Sony? I mean I know it's sold out but do they have any new bundles or anything coming out soon? I see so many online for the new price/higher it makes it seem like the NES Classic where very very very few people actually cared to get one and the rest are just sitting in some re-sellers' basements.

Most people (myself included) think the retail version of Wild Guns Reloaded is a bit too expensive at $29.99 right now but if any fans haven't gotten it yet Amazon is re-stocking it with the keychain included next week and taking orders now. Might actually do it since how often does Wild Guns merchandise ever happen. If anyone's unfamiliar the game is a Cabal style shooter. So basically like the Terminator 2 arcade game or Operation Wolf except your character is on the screen and you have to jump and dodge around. It's difficult but a lot of fun, I was really addicted to it back in the day and it held up great when I got it on the Virtual Console more recently. This PS4 version has two new levels and two more characters so it's not like they just upscaled it, which I do appreciate.

I'm not a big visual novel fan but I tried the demo for Danganronpa 3 and it's awesome? I knew the games were colorful but didn't realize how good the presentation is. Does anyone familiar know if 1 and 2 are as good in this department? I notice the first two are coming out on PS4 in the near future and will be a bit cheaper. The way you get to walk around the school/check out each room gives a huge Persona 1 vibe.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They're bother a similar style yeah, DR2 is weaker game though mainly because it has an awful habit of killing all the good characters and leaving the poo poo ones.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Seedge posted:

I had a customer ask to return their Christmas present of Ghostbusters on PS4. I asked why.

"Because it's awful.'

Let me tell you: They were not wrong.

I didn't even know this existed and wow.
Apparently it was so bad the devs went bankrupt.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

spudsbuckley posted:

Lol, i'm dumb.

Best buy will deliver tvs at a time you schedule. Its the only way i could get mine.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
How I got my 65" into the back of my Civic while my wife and best friend were also in the car I could not tell you but it was Black Friday and the last of the good Sharp Aquos models and I was committed to bad decisions that day.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Neo Rasa posted:

Was the PSVR a success to Sony? I mean I know it's sold out but do they have any new bundles or anything coming out soon? I see so many online for the new price/higher it makes it seem like the NES Classic where very very very few people actually cared to get one and the rest are just sitting in some re-sellers' basements.
Sony's being cagey about the sales numbers, but are aware that it's selling out and insist they're happy with how it's doing. Either they're having supply problems and don't want to say so, or they're strategically trying to keep the install base small for some reason

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gaming/575917/PS4-PlayStation-VR-Kaz-Hirai-Sony-Virtual-Reality

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

And that's why I'll never own anything but a hatchback wagon. Got a 60" in the back of mine

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I finally got a PS4 for my birthday! (And also so dad can watch sports with VUE so it's technically his! :v:)

What sort of games should I buy to start off with (considering budget and all)?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wow the trophies for TLG are pretty hardcore, not much in the way of gimmes just for playing through the game.

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick

Grouchio posted:

I finally got a PS4 for my birthday! (And also so dad can watch sports with VUE so it's technically his! :v:)

What sort of games should I buy to start off with (considering budget and all)?

If it's not pro you can start by throwing it in the trash.

Just kidding! Bloodborne is a solid first choice in my opinion, if you're an RPG fan people here love Witcher 3. If you like fpses Titanfall 2 is a great single and multiplayer choice and you can snag it for around 30 or 40 bucks in a lot of places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Wow the trophies for TLG are pretty hardcore, not much in the way of gimmes just for playing through the game.
ND are absolutely insane like that. Their collectible fetish is ridiculous.