Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
also while I don't know what mixing does in terms of game mechanics, it's certainly good for town because we can apparently paint a pretty pretty picture with mixed colors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

i am the bird posted:

I don't know if Inf is scum based on his assumptions. I think they're just bad assumptions.

My counter-assumptions to Inf:

1) there are more than colors in the game
2) I don't think colors are inherently town, nor non-colors inherently scum
3) one potential scum mechanic might be, in fact, to mix and create bad colors or ruin paint or whatever

possibly not, but I feel like inf knows better than to have such narrow minded assumptions in the first place

not sure if that's pushing him an agenda or what

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I never said ONLY colours could be town.

I said it made sense that colours would be town.

Stop putting words into my mouth Stickup.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I think all of these people should comment on this current conversation:

AR
Moat
Gulag
RF
Asiina
Peramene

esp Moat and RF because both made dodgy statements about claiming and have basically disappeared, but I will say that half of the thread is currently not talking and that's a big bummer

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

i am the bird posted:

AR
Moat
Gulag
RF
Asiina
Peramene

esp Moat and RF because both made dodgy statements about claiming and have basically disappeared, but I will say that half of the thread is currently not talking and that's a big bummer

to be fair to inf, this is probably the only reason what he's said bugged me

literally no one else has said anything

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

i am the bird posted:

Agreed

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

i am the bird posted:

AR
Moat
Gulag
RF
Asiina
Peramene

i'm super sick at the moment and most of my energy has gone towards surviving the plague that has come down upon my home and all who inhabit it

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Infinitum posted:

I never said ONLY colours could be town.

I said it made sense that colours would be town.

Stop putting words into my mouth Stickup.

based on the pm I have (and maybe the one bird has?), there are 'bad' colors out there. in the face of that, and other people telling you that there are other town roles, just felt like you were dismissing things a little too readily

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Absurd Revolver posted:

i'm super sick at the moment and most of my energy has gone towards surviving the plague that has come down upon my home and all who inhabit it

have u ever not been sick

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

got some chores tonight posted:

apparently playing mafia with u is a vector for illness

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

got some chores tonight posted:

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Absurd Revolver posted:

may I suggest drinking and/or huffing some paint? it'll clean you right up and it's within the thematic nature of this here game

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Inf literally always reads as scum to me, but I have an untrained eye. His store of okay is very aggressive, which is fine, but I don't get it. It certainly looks like fishing for info.

I'm pretty convinced that there's something somewhere that would make claiming bad for town but again, I'm no expert.

I doubt anything useful can be done with this first day.

Based purely on the OP, I suspect that scum do not have a night kill? Maybe? But instead ruin Kashuno's undoubtedly lovely work by loving with the pretty colors?

Beyond that, I don't know that I have anything of value to contribute apart from if I were scum, I would want to look like a bitter meta-enemy of my buddies to trick town later in the game, and here we have stickup and Inf measuring dicks. Is that meaningful? I dunno.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Feeling like the majority of players are getting a free pass today by not posting..

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

SirSamVimes posted:

gulag said I seemed town last game when I was scum

ergo

gulag saying I'm scum this game means I'm town
Scumpost alert.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Bird seems clearly Town.

Infinitum is coming off as insincere and also overemotional, both of which are Scumsign.

peramene posted:

Inf literally always reads as scum to me, but I have an untrained eye. His store of okay is very aggressive, which is fine, but I don't get it. It certainly looks like fishing for info.

I'm pretty convinced that there's something somewhere that would make claiming bad for town but again, I'm no expert.

Based purely on the OP, I suspect that scum do not have a night kill? Maybe? But instead ruin Kashuno's undoubtedly lovely work by loving with the pretty colors?

Beyond that, I don't know that I have anything of value to contribute apart from if I were scum, I would want to look like a bitter meta-enemy of my buddies to trick town later in the game, and here we have stickup and Inf measuring dicks. Is that meaningful? I dunno.
This is a scumpost too, especially the first paragraph if my intuition on Infinitum is correct, that is a scumbuddy posture.

So right now my top suspects are SSV, Infinitum, and peramene.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nice to know that having never played in a game with you before, Lumpen, I can now disregard everything you say because you're wrong.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Infinitum posted:

Nice to know that having never played in a game with you before, Lumpen, I can now disregard everything you say because you're wrong.
The interesting thing about this post is that it logically presupposes that I am Town. You seem to know for sure, which implicates you as Scum.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I've missed you, Lumpen.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lumpen posted:

The interesting thing about this post is that it logically presupposes that I am Town. You seem to know for sure, which implicates you as Scum.

The interesting thing about this post is *poop emoji x10,000*

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i think inf is town but still really annoying which is why im not really responding 2 him

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I see Inf as a catfish like in the metaphor about catfish from that TV show catfish based on the movie catfish based on the novel push by sapphire

He's a liar but the poo poo he provokes from other people is arguably more interesting and informing

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i like where my vote is

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

peramene posted:

There is an SK. I expect multiple kill.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Byers2142 posted:

It's D1. How would you know.

UNLESS U WERE DA SK

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Byers2142 posted:

How do we know there is an SK? Or is this something privy to you/your PM?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
##unvote

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i am the bird posted:

AR
Moat
Gulag
RF
Asiina
Peramene

i already did. inf is being a clown. and a red herring. ssv is the one who must die now

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Infinitum posted:

if you aren't advocating lumpen for previous crimes against humanity then what's the deal

Infinitum posted:

This reeks of scum wanting town to go
"How do you know colours aren't unique? Are there any other Yellows out there?"

Would vote Bird
Would vote Lumpen

Infinitum posted:

Vote Lumpen

Lynch scum

Infinitum posted:

Lumpen doesn't have a colour to claim

ergo scum

which of his three posts that he had made, at this point of time, was the bad one

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

i am the bird posted:

How do we know there is an SK? Or is this something privy to you/your PM?

It's from my PM.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Infinitum posted:

It's D1. How would you know.

UNLESS U WERE DA SK

Wow, you caught me, I just full claimed SK for no apparent reason.

[/sarcasm]

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

GulagDolls posted:

which of his three posts that he had made, at this point of time, was the bad one

Lumpen posted:

Poll: Based on your PM, do you think that massclaiming colors right now would break the setup?
Choose one:
[ ] Yes
[ ] No
[ ] SHUT UP
[ ] Why you always gotta try to break setups, stupid Lumpen? Dick.
[ ] I'm gay / who gives a gently caress / let's talk about anime

My answer is "no".

Dis one

Byers2142 posted:

Wow, you caught me, I just full claimed SK for no apparent reason.

[/sarcasm]

Yeah OK you get setup info about another players role in your role PM :thumbsup:

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

GulagDolls posted:

i already did. inf is being a clown. and a red herring. ssv is the one who must die now

i stand w/ gulag

##vote ssv but also asiina

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Dis one

Yeah OK you get setup info about another players role in your role PM :thumbsup:

That is, in fact, exactly what I'm saying.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

##unvote

Hey Infin, can you explain someting for me. Why is it that when I posted a reasoning based on my role PM stating that there's no real reason for people to claim colours, you posted:

Infinitum posted:

I like SSV for town

But then you get into an argument with stickup, saying that anyone who is a colour should agree that claiming helps.

Infinitum posted:

Because it would help me

Ergo it would help town

Ergo if other colours have the same role PM it will help them as well

Ergo it would HYPER MEGA OVERCHARGE HELP TOWN

Until we know what the specific effects of changing colours via mixing are, claiming doesn't have that much value. You're acting like you have more information than we do, and it seems pretty suspicious.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

Hey Infin, can you explain someting for me. Why is it that when I posted a reasoning based on my role PM stating that there's no real reason for people to claim colours, you posted:

Cause your literal first post was breadcrumbing colour which grok'd with mine

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I was going to say that everyone claiming colours would allow for scum to mess up mixing by fakeclaiming, but then I realised that it would be immediately obvious to people who mix with a fakeclaim who the liars are so I'm actually starting to come around on it.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

SirSamVimes posted:

I was going to say that everyone claiming colours would allow for scum to mess up mixing by fakeclaiming, but then I realised that it would be immediately obvious to people who mix with a fakeclaim who the liars are so I'm actually starting to come around on it.

But mixing with the wrong thing is irreparable. This is where the dilemma comes in regarding game mechanics: how do we weigh making the beautiful painting v. scum hunting? Like, how does one influence the other? How bad could we gently caress ourselves over re: the painting in pursuit of scum hunting?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

We're not mixing

We're borrowing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I'd argue killing scum > * but I also don't fully understand the game mechanics

• Locked thread