Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I am excited to see Kashuno paint a beautiful masterpiece and I hope winning players get to name it.

If there is an SK and a scum kill, and they are removals in classic mafia style and not, idk, hidden changes of what color you actually are or something bizarre - who knows at this point - but I'm anxious to find out. Deadline when?

Like ten hours. Okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

i am the bird posted:

But mixing with the wrong thing is irreparable. This is where the dilemma comes in regarding game mechanics: how do we weigh making the beautiful painting v. scum hunting? Like, how does one influence the other? How bad could we gently caress ourselves over re: the painting in pursuit of scum hunting?

Being stuck with your base colour seems worth catching a scum. Paintings still need yellows and reds and blues.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

SirSamVimes posted:

Being stuck with your base colour seems worth catching a scum. Paintings still need yellows and reds and blues.

That's fair. My other concern is that my PM suggests that there may be non-color roles, but I don't know that I can assume those are scum. In which case, a mass color claim may expose people with abilities beyond mixing.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

for the moment I am going to ##vote Moat because I think they are consciously choosing not to participate in this conversation and are lurking hard

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"Asiina I have a game setup I'd like you to review, if you're interested?"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I would imagine there's at least one non colour in a 3p or scum role, but they would absolutely be given a fake claim so Inf's tunnelling makes no sense in that regard.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

i am the bird posted:

for the moment I am going to ##vote Moat because I think they are consciously choosing not to participate in this conversation and are lurking hard

It is because the conversation is boring

Retro Futurist posted:

I would imagine there's at least one non colour in a 3p or scum role, but they would absolutely be given a fake claim so Inf's tunnelling makes no sense in that regard.

Bob Ross as SK would be p amazing

Also third vote bandwagining on a third vote bandwagoner is always scum hence

##vote chores

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh! So wait, my pm specifically mentions blending with the same colour would be bad, and someone else mentioned the same thing, so it's safe to say that's a boiler plate thing in town PMs.

So why would chores even think about counter claiming? There's nothing in there to suggest that the same colour is another alignment or anything, and it obviously allows for multiple people to have the same colours.

I can't see the thought behind it unless his PM was fundamentally different.

##vote chores

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

On the other hand moat just made a joke vote with 7 hours left in the day.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I think Chores is a good vote

Been sitting on some info.

People who mentioned that there were multiple people of the same colour were correct, but I won't say why (Those people with similar roles to mine will know.)
Ergo I am Yellow, and there is also probably another Yellow out there.

Chores coming out and saying "Oh hey I can counterclaim someone who said my colour" and then not doing so strikes me as scum thinking they could potentially pull a fast one over on town and get someone lynched.
It would make sense that there would be colours of the same type, but with different alignments.

So yeah.. I think Chores is a good vote.
##vote Chores

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh sure RF, ruin my big reveal why don't you

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also as a headsup I may be asleep during deadline

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I'm okay with a chores vote. Beyond that reasoning, I also thought it was a bullshit play because Inf is the only person to have claimed a color, so it didn't even make sense the way chores worded his play.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I'll also say Moat is a good vote because not participating in literally the most useful convo so far because it's "boring" is bad

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
i can confirm infinitum's color at some point

as for the vote, i'm not sure chores is the right choice, inf would be my top pick, but i'd prefer to catch him in a lie first

chores has not been town superstar this game

##vote chores

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Absurd Revolver posted:

i can confirm infinitum's color at some point

as for the vote, i'm not sure chores is the right choice, inf would be my top pick, but i'd prefer to catch him in a lie first

chores has not been town superstar this game

##vote chores

:zenpop: ##vote chores

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
asiina has done even less this game than moat or chores

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

:zenpop: ##vote chores

wait sorry i voted for the wrong person. ##vote absurd

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Retro Futurist posted:

On the other hand moat just made a joke vote with 7 hours left in the day.

This is not a joke vote

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

The pile on chores looks super bad

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

this is a stickup posted:

asiina has done even less this game than moat or chores

Funny that you'd defend them, but OK.

i am the bird posted:

The pile on chores looks super bad

Or maybe we're coming up to deadline and it's time to play CHOOSE THAT LYNCHO

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

chores bad vote. absurd good vote. he type too many word. and most of them bad word.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Infinitum posted:

Funny that you'd defend them, but OK.

yeah you totally caught me bro, my unyielding defense of moat and chores has outed me

half of asiina's posts this game are talking with you about anime

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So you'd rather we lynch a lurker, than someone multiple people think is scum?

Interesting

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
do you see me telling you to switch votes? I mentioned asiina beacuse bird literally just voted moat for the same reason: non participation. I don't understand what chores was doing but I usually don't

doesn't asiina have a rep for lurking or replacing as scum?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Agreed with the gently caress Lurkers sentiment.

I think Chores is an actionable vote today based on his state of play.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Retro Futurist posted:

Oh! So wait, my pm specifically mentions blending with the same colour would be bad, and someone else mentioned the same thing, so it's safe to say that's a boiler plate thing in town PMs.

So why would chores even think about counter claiming? There's nothing in there to suggest that the same colour is another alignment or anything, and it obviously allows for multiple people to have the same colours.

I can't see the thought behind it unless his PM was fundamentally different.

##vote chores

1. my role pm doesnt say that blending with the same colour would be bad
2. i was thinking about whether i should do it or not thats why i asked. i came to the same conclusion as you otherwise i would've.

i am the bird posted:

I'm okay with a chores vote. Beyond that reasoning, I also thought it was a bullshit play because Inf is the only person to have claimed a color, so it didn't even make sense the way chores worded his play.

in my rememory, some other people claimed colours but maybe that was in pre-game jokechat

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

##vote absurd - i trust in gulagdolls

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Asiina would be a straight up lurker lynch. Moat is here and being unhelpful and voting without reasonable explanation. He's scummy because of deliberate non-participation whereas Asiina is literally just not here.

got some chores tonight posted:

well this goes against everything that I'm aware of. Can you tell me the flavor of why?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

my PM doesnt say anything about color blend either

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

youre welcome scum, 4 all this free info

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

ikr

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

got some chores tonight posted:

scum found

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I'm comfortable voting for either of you because you sound like liars.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Gulag or chores that is, not Inf at the moment.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i think im a pr so i guess im dead either way

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

i am the bird posted:

Moat is here and being unhelpful

Rude

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

infi, are you just the colour yellow

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

or yellow paint or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i am the bird posted:

Gulag or chores that is, not Inf at the moment.

what would be the point of me lying about this

• Locked thread