Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

alf_pogs posted:

if only the same could be said for Chappy

chappie owned you idiot noob bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Samizdata posted:

None. I just feel the general indignation that any half-way sane person feels towards this shitstorm of scamming and incompetency.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

None and goes after him and his fam

Hahahahahaha

HahahHahahahahahahahaha

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I liked Chappie.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

I liked Chappie.

Sorry dude. Your feelings and opinions are incorrect.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Samizdata posted:

But then Unca Derek won't give me my Junior Warlord badge and secret decoder ring! How am I supposed to know to drink my Ovaltine then? Huh?

When Ralphie got the secret message across the radio for his decoder ring:

READMYJULYBLOG

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar

Ghostlight posted:

I liked Chappie.

I liked it too. :)
I think it helps if you're an old man and don't know anything about those awful musicians.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Beet Wagon posted:

Posting from the past to point out that Prometheus was set 28 years prior to alien and that even within alien canon most of the stuff doesn't look anywhere near as slick as the Prometheus. It really is incongruous and there was a theory that perhaps it's due to some kind of massive wide-scale technological setback, but the timing doesn't really support that because it would mean within 28 years we lost things like flatscreen monitors but still managed to bounce back enough to be doing spacefaring stuff that we hadn't previously achieved.

The look of Prometheus is rad and cool, but definitely doesn't jive with the universe it was set in.

That line only works if you assume the prometheus was built before the nostromo. I always read it as the Nostromo being an unsafe, ancient piece of poo poo that's being held together with duct tape and hope, and should have been decommissioned decades ago, even before Prometheus was a movie.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/818208667342401536
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/818238745354915841

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

Ahaha removed within hours. Keep on shining CIG, you crazy loving diamonds. Hope nobody archived your poo poo.

Haven't caught up to the thread properly but i i i archered them. :cry: BrB taking a shower to scrub the diiirty Doxer from me.

Star Citizen 3.0 release promises revolutionary features
https://archive.is/6dvf0

Whois Record for PixELemonade.com
https://archive.is/yCc82

I'm Andrew Maher!
https://archive.is/Wadw0

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

His 'abridged' CV would read like the following:

Hi, I'm one of those filthy little marketing mongrels who you installed "Adblock plus" to avoid.

Edit;
Keeping tabs on the progress of the RSI thread I decided to poo poo up *moved to concern*.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7442629/#Comment_7442629

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jan 9, 2017

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ManofManyAliases posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yLTm8DZ8s4

It's a fancy cutscene. Don't get your panties twisted.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
slow news day apparently

MoMA somehow, in some world, thinks that pointing out that a scripted in game cutscene is a bad thing for Elite Dangerous. Which is an actual game, with gameplay, that anyone can play. With build up, ARGs, puzzles and community involvement leading up to this scripted reveal cutscene after years of development to show off a new aspect of the game. But nope, gonna keep smugly doubling down on the technical classification of what to call the specific type of game event this was. Making this the stupidest hill to die on in the history of written language.

Then samizdata goes full retard and starts harassing ben in a crusade literally nobody but samizdata gives a poo poo about.

Koil
Jun 24, 2005

two weeks

Xaerael posted:

That line only works if you assume the prometheus was built before the nostromo. I always read it as the Nostromo being an unsafe, ancient piece of poo poo that's being held together with duct tape and hope, and should have been decommissioned decades ago, even before Prometheus was a movie.

With timeframes required for interstellar travel and possible relativistic effects, 28 years might not mean much. I have no idea if Aliens universe has some form of FTL travel and how that would affect things.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Fat Shat Sings posted:

slow news day apparently

MoMA somehow, in some world, thinks that pointing out that a scripted in game cutscene is a bad thing for Elite Dangerous. Which is an actual game, with gameplay, that anyone can play. With build up, ARGs, puzzles and community involvement leading up to this scripted reveal cutscene after years of development to show off a new aspect of the game. But nope, gonna keep smugly doubling down on the technical classification of what to call the specific type of game event this was. Making this the stupidest hill to die on in the history of written language.

Then samizdata goes full retard and starts harassing ben in a crusade literally nobody but samizdata gives a poo poo about.

You know, if the mouthpiece of a company is a scammer, then it might lead people to examine said company for scamming. Of course, we are talking about the Citizenry.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Samizdata posted:

You know, if the mouthpiece of a company is a scammer, then it might lead people to examine said company for scamming. Of course, we are talking about the Citizenry.

literally everyone is telling you your crusade is dumb but you just refuse to hear it.

nobody actually gives a poo poo what ben does, he hasn't even done anything with star citizen in forever, calling him a "spokesman and a mouthpiece" is just you trying to backpedal and justify something you thought we would all be highfiving you over.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Smooth movie voice-over bloke voice:

In a world where no one owns both a PC and a console at the same time, a group of unwashed nerds pours scorn on console owners,

Over a PC game that will never be released, but they think it will,

etc.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Samizdata posted:

I think the only "mouthpiece" position Ben currently occupies is for Dunkin'Donuts tbh.

:)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

I look forward to the day NASA builds a new star ship to colonize Mars or the moon or something , and all the astronauts are brought to the space ship under torchlight like it's some kind of Wiccan festival from 2000 years ago.

This is how I expect my science fiction aliens to be too.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

oh i get it now, ha ha

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

This guy would shoot his foot off before taking it out of his mouth.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

The Titanic posted:

I look forward to the day NASA builds a new star ship to colonize Mars or the moon or something , and all the astronauts are brought to the space ship under torchlight like it's some kind of Wiccan festival from 2000 years ago.

More engineering debt for new previously unannounced ships that they don't need, yay :toot:

Also, the motherboard lights in my tower pulse in exactly the same way as that ships lights do, only my pc has good quality leds so it actually lights stuff up.

*Oh and isn't it just an exercise in "look everyone, something shiney!!" to detract from the recent anger directed at them?*

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jan 9, 2017

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Xaerael posted:

Nope, the Prometheus was built by Weyland Corp before the merger with the Yutani Corporation. Nostromo was built afterwards. Besides that, Gateway Station (from Aliens) is cramped and lovely and built out of garbage, and that didn't even begin construction until after Ripley left Earth for the last time.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Samizdata posted:

Yeah, no. No one made him cadge thousands of dollars from fools for something he quite apparently has no intention to do. Besides, he's a Citizen. He'll probably ignore me just like the Citizenry ignore reality.

EDIT: You know, if you don't want people criticizing you, then don't get on a public forum soliciting money for a project, then go back on that public forum AFTER getting the money, talking about neat new stuff you own and ways you waste time while NOT showing any activity on the project you got the money for. He did this, not me.

That's right justify the stupid weirdo post and go harass someone's wife on twitter! Idiot

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

It's creepy that some people hate ben so much that they're planning to harass his wife over social media

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

All hail the Lord of Space! He keeps us safe and warm in The Great Dark! All hail NahSah!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
like all our twitter screaming is equal to some meek fart in our gaming chairs

leave ben and his delicious bedside snack pastries alone

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Someone please reply (I don't have Twatter) with the following:

"Yeah sorry, was too busy watching the well lit and very interestingly designed alien spaceship that was recently spotted in game by players in the released and working game known as Elite Dangerous"

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Booourns posted:

It's creepy that some people hate ben so much that they're planning to harass his wife over social media

Anyone doing that's no better than Karl trying to get people to contact Derek's family and should knock it the gently caress off or at least stop trying to seek approval for it here.

Like if you want to be the Derek Smart stalking subreddit maintained by damaged people and frequented by damaged manchildren go right ahead but don't come here expecting anyone to slap you on the back and congratulate you for sinking to the level of the very people we laugh at daily.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Samizdata posted:

Also called Ben an outright scammer on Twitter, as per WC:A. If no response tomorrow, I am going to address Alexis, by suggesting as a spouse it is her job to help her husband not engage in criminal activity.

How is this person not even probated for saying something so incredibly creepy and dumb?

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
"He who fights with shitizens should be careful lest he thereby become a shitizen. And if thou touch long into the poop, the poop will touch also into thee."

:tipshat:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
We have strayed too far from the light. ArfJason has forsaken us.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Oh, if only we had called our parents, they brought us up with such care and love yet look what we have become. Why did no one warn us? We are surly dammed.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Wise Learned Man posted:

"He who fights with shitizens should be careful lest he thereby become a shitizen. And if thou touch long into the poop, the poop will touch also into thee."

:tipshat:

Samizdata, your suit!!!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Thanks all, for your concern for my wellbeing and (admittedly dubious) sanity. I have decided to let it ride.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

Nope, the Prometheus was built by Weyland Corp before the merger with the Yutani Corporation. Nostromo was built afterwards. Besides that, Gateway Station (from Aliens) is cramped and lovely and built out of garbage, and that didn't even begin construction until after Ripley left Earth for the last time.

A mobile refinery and a military space carrier are not going to look like a top of the line luxury research vessel just like the interior of a Tesla is not going to look like the interior of a UPS truck. Yet both those things co-exist side by side in our world and it doesn't break our minds trying to comprehend how we could have electric cars with high tech computers and have gasoline powered mail trucks on the same roads at the same time.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
please consider watching actual video games at games done quick, which are both cool and good and definitely real mostly 24 hours a day until the fifteenth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Sabreseven posted:

Someone please reply (I don't have Twatter) with the following:

"Yeah sorry, was too busy watching the well lit and very interestingly designed alien spaceship that was recently spotted in game by players in the released and working game known as Elite Dangerous"

Unfortunately that's far too long-winded for Twatter.

That's why I like it.