Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Backers are not getting early "alpha" test access to SQ42. I don't really have a clue to mission lengths yet. SQ42 is very tight-lipped.

"Most Open Development Ever™"

Maybe it doesn't apply to SQ42 and only SC.
Maybe they don't have poo poo done for SQ42 and are making excuses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

SQ42 is cancelled. It has become a series of single player missions folded directly into Star Citizen. This acts as the tutorial and early character creation. Any other news about Squadron 42 is fake or uninformed. This change has been considered since late-2015 and the final decision was made mid-2016.

Half serious post: this actually makes sense because this is in line with the original plan for Sq42 again if I remember.

Sq42 was supposed to be a tutorial to get you established with a basic ship and money to begin SC proper. You were supposed to be able to "opt out" at any time too, like stealing a ship and just leaving. Sq42 was supposed to happen (somehow) in the live persistent world as well, so friends could join you as well.

Naturally absolutely none of "how the gently caress is any of this going to logically work???" was ever explained. But even if they plug Sq42 back in as a character tutorial, they're returning to the much simpler times. Of course reverting to the original concept probably undoes untold millions they may have earned due to the promises of the expansion, but does anybody care? :shrug:

Backers won't put up a fight. At this point I bet they'd be happy with that 3D remake of Privateer somebody built but with the CIG logo slapped on it.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

HycoCam posted:

I really am starting to think you aren't Toast but are instead actually Chris Roberts himself. Not sure about others, but form now on instead of using Dan Ghessling's voice to read your posts, I'm waving my hands and reading them with Chris's.

This checks out.

- Stated he does not "work for" CIG - a claim the "chairman" could technically make
- Incredible stylish belt could have been gifted to Toast
- Does not know anything about Star Citizen in any capacity
- Sense of humor hints at self-awareness, but is occasionally punctuated by frustrated outbursts
- Still believes the game can be made, but admits that failure is a possibility
- Claims that anyone scammed by CIG has only themselves to blame

I'm sold.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

MeLKoR posted:

You might even be right about everything you think, still, when several people start calling you out on something it might be prudent to pause an instant and do a detached reevaluation of your current course of action and/or methods.

I did. I let it slide. I went and played through a run of Space Rogue.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Eldragon posted:

I played through the tutorial with a joystick. Although that was when the first released it. This one of the things they broken in the later releases?

Same but I didn't continue doing it, especially as it got jankier and jankier however it would disable your head tracking/lock you out of view panning(!) if you were using TrackIR, so you sat there stuck staring straight ahead in your cockpit while some peppy instructor guy tells you 'look at this' and 'look at this' and 'look at this' off to the left out of your fov and flies off while you can't see a loving thing but your twisting wrists and vibrating cockpit.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

ManofManyAliases posted:

No. What I've maintained was that if we were to get an early bonus, we would get a few levels drop as full and polished, but not an entire game for alpha/beta testing. That will be for full release only.

Good job MoMa, you don't even realise it, but you just confirmed exactly what theagent said.

SQ42 isn't just a few levels, it's the whole loving thing. If what you say is true then the first time backers play it will be while it's still in alpha/beta testing.

DOCa Cola
Feb 25, 2016

I am Ben Lesnicks wife, Alex IRL
Ask me anything!

crisp roberts posted:

German magazine Der Spiegel have a story about SC this week http://magazin.spiegel.de/SP/2017/2/148899560/index.html

Might actually be some real journalistic work, ill buy it tomorrow.

Spiegel posted:

So ver­ging viel Zeit, und im­mer wie­der platz­ten Ter­mi­ne. Zu­letzt traf es das Teil­pro­jekt „Squa­dron 42“; es war als Aus­kopp­lung aus dem end­gül­ti­gen Spiel ge­dacht und soll­te den aus­ge­hun­ger­ten Fans vor­ab schon mal ein paar Flug­mis­sio­nen für Ein­zel­kämp­fer bie­ten. „Squa­dron 42“ war noch für 2016 ver­hei­ßen, doch die Fir­ma muss­te ab­sa­gen. „Die­ses Jahr wer­den wir fer­tig“, be­teu­ert Ro­berts und denkt kurz nach. „Wahr­schein­lich.“

Translation posted:

Much time passed and over and over deadlines were not met. Recently that was the case for part of the project called "Squadron 42". It was meant to be a separate part of the game that brings the hungry fans a few flight missions for solo warriors. "Squadron 42" was still slated for 2016 but the company had to cancel. "This year we will finish [it]" Roberts assures, then briefly in thought. "Probably"

Everything else is just a rehash von known stuff and and interview with a 15k backer. The article tries to be objective but there wasn't any deeper research into the matter. Has some reserved critique about the lenght of the game development.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Thoatse posted:

Same but I didn't continue doing it, especially as it got jankier and jankier however it would disable your head tracking/lock you out of view panning(!) if you were using TrackIR, so you sat there stuck staring straight ahead in your cockpit while some peppy instructor guy tells you 'look at this' and 'look at this' and 'look at this' off to the left out of your fov and flies off while you can't see a loving thing but your twisting wrists and vibrating cockpit.

That was my experience almost exactly, and I don't even have TrackIR - it just disabled my keybindings. Also I seem to remember some incredibly stupid and convoluted thing about how to land that ultimately just ended up in me quitting and going to crash into spaceships online because of how bad it was.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Deep Dish is the truth. I can enjoy everyone squabble over toppings, but I will not have anyone disparage pizza casserole.

is deep dish.

That other thing is just a loaf of bread with something red and some pineapple on it.

Friggin heathen.

DOCa Cola
Feb 25, 2016

I am Ben Lesnicks wife, Alex IRL
Ask me anything!
---

DOCa Cola fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jan 9, 2017

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

ripptide posted:

is deep dish.

That other thing is just a loaf of bread with something red and some pineapple on it.

Friggin heathen.

Oh more pizza talk, always fun. What you posted looks like a disgusting New-England style Greek pizza (not that the pizza type is disgusting, just your image). I suppose you could call that deep dish, since it must be cooked in a deep pan. Deep dish pizzas tend to have more oil as well.

The original image is probably a Sicilian, which is primarily identified by it's rectangular shape. Though it's the oil used and oil quantity that are more important for differentiating the taste.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Here's a question for you nerds:

Is a dog in alpha a:
  • puppy
    or
  • wolf

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beet Wagon posted:

That was my experience almost exactly, and I don't even have TrackIR - it just disabled my keybindings. Also I seem to remember some incredibly stupid and convoluted thing about how to land that ultimately just ended up in me quitting and going to crash into spaceships online because of how bad it was.

I forgot the release but it got so bad before they "old yellered" it you couldn't make it down the first set of steps.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

SirPhoebos posted:

Well your mistake was assuming SMG ever had a non-crazy opinion if he's not outright trolling.

Hello again thread, what's the latest funny stuff?
smg is a forums treasure

his posts explaining the relationship between poe dameron and fn from the force awakens in terms of sonic the hedgehog's sexual appetite is magical

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Is a dog in alpha a:
  • puppy
    or
  • wolf

Neither. Its a lizard with gills, or if you prefer a fish with legs. Checkmate goonie.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

ripptide posted:

Friggin heathen.

Don't start anything you can't finish. I hear he has stairs where he is.

Drunk Theory posted:

Though it's the oil used and oil quantity that are more important for differentiating the taste.

It's just cheese-on-toast, not an artform. Geeze, you Spaniards get weird about your bread.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

These are the best. Especially the second list. Jizzing all over planet landings now in preparation so I know there is enough to go around. I don't want to leave anything un-impregnated like a good alien queen. I hold my torch high in your honor, commando.
my new drag name is Totally Wong

thank you backers

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

sure looking forward to some confusing statements and colossal hand motions clarifying what exactly squadron 42 is sometime in the near future

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Is a dog in alpha a:
  • puppy
    or
  • wolf

It's both (dependent upon your belief system)

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Sq42 has been inside you all along , it's with you when you sleep and dream. And when you wake up and take a massive coiler after drinking wine all night

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

TheAgent posted:

my new drag name is Totally Wong

thank you backers

Two Wongs don't make a night. Or maybe they do.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

SQ42 is already in the game: you have missions, you have FPS, you can play by yourself so, there you go.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

squadron 42 is whats there, its whats in the game now

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Thousand posts, did something happen or is the pot just boiling over because no one has stirred it?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Meridian posted:

Thousand posts, did something happen or is the pot just boiling over because no one has stirred it?

little of a little of b; theagent says sq42 has been cancelled

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

alf_pogs posted:

little of a little of b; theagent says sq42 has been cancelled

Oh word?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

or at least, merged into star citizen proper

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Agent who you drinking with now, dude? Thought the well dried up.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
MOMA are you Chris Roberts?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Meridian posted:

Agent who you drinking with now, dude? Thought the well dried up.
my email for leaks got leaked and now I have hundreds of emails to sort through

but yeah, theres no one I know or even kinda know left there

everyones moved on

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Galarox posted:

It's both (dependent upon your belief system)

It's neither. It's just a picture of a dog, for now. It may be refactored into having 3 paws and being a guinea pig, mind.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

TheAgent posted:

my email for leaks got leaked and now I have hundreds of emails to sort through

but yeah, theres no one I know or even kinda know left there

everyones moved on

Oh yeah, I remember you mentioning that. How many of them are flaming salt meteors?

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Meridian posted:

Oh yeah, I remember you mentioning that. How many of them are flaming salt meteors?

yeah really, TheAgent, post some of the good ones.

The thread has nothing to do, probably for weeks and the only notable event has been samizdata going Judge Dredd "I AM THE LAW" on people over wing commander merchandise or something and that was more cringe worthy than interesting.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

ripptide posted:

is deep dish.

Friggin heathen.

looks like someone barfed on bread and baked it.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

TheAgent posted:

and in wtf news

SQ42 is cancelled. It has become a series of single player missions folded directly into Star Citizen. This acts as the tutorial and early character creation. Any other news about Squadron 42 is fake or uninformed. This change has been considered since late-2015 and the final decision was made mid-2016.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Is a dog in alpha a:
  • puppy
    or
  • wolf

does it matter? you are still following behind picking up poo poo. kinda like CR and star citizen

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
parp

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
Star Citizen cheaters face permaban with no refund (but CIG needs video evidence)

quote:

It's a high burden of proof, then, but also a severe punishment for those caught behaving badly. I think that's a reasonable approach: As an alpha, Star Citizen is surely still too rough around the edges to rely too heavily on automated system, but alpha "testers" who are more interested in dicking around with the system to score a win aren't doing anyone any good.

http://www.pcgamer.com/star-citizen-cheaters-face-permaban-with-no-refund-but-cig-needs-video-evidence/

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

full and polished
lol

also:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Fat Shat Sings posted:

yeah really, TheAgent, post some of the good ones.

The thread has nothing to do, probably for weeks and the only notable event has been samizdata going Judge Dredd "I AM THE LAW" on people over wing commander merchandise or something and that was more cringe worthy than interesting.

most of them boil down to something like the last half of the leaks I posted yesterday

I had a huge tirade one but I think it's just cp from some where