Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008
So the SQ42 Vertical Slice Presentation Soundtrack got left in the 2.6 files

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7RQC2W7C7Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

TheAgent posted:

most of them boil down to something like the last half of the leaks I posted yesterday

I had a huge tirade one but I think it's just cp from some where

The Star Citizen anonymous confessions thread.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Fat Shat Sings posted:

yeah really, TheAgent, post some of the good ones.

The thread has nothing to do, probably for weeks and the only notable event has been samizdata going Judge Dredd "I AM THE LAW" on people over wing commander merchandise or something and that was more cringe worthy than interesting.

You know what, dude. Let it rest. I did.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

RubberJohnny posted:

drat that's awe inspiring.... at how generic and bland it all is

I wonder how much it cost for that composer and a full orchestra to make , only to get scrapped

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Samizdata posted:

You know what, dude. Let it rest. I did.

Whatever it was, it will never be forgotten. The other day someone brought up a post I made in the Final Fantasy thread about not liking the way 10 ended and how I was an idiot that clearly didn't understand it. The post was from like two years ago.

You're hosed. The end. Two weeks.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Inkel posted:

Star Citizen cheaters face permaban with no refund (but CIG needs video evidence)

http://www.pcgamer.com/star-citizen-cheaters-face-permaban-with-no-refund-but-cig-needs-video-evidence/

Curious if they could really get away with the no refund since they haven't shipped a product yet. A cheater who has violated the tos vs a company violating laws regarding preorders.

I bet a cheater who got banned filing with the Dcba would get the typical we don't have to do this but we will in this case refund letter.

phosdex fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jan 9, 2017

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Inkel posted:

Star Citizen cheaters face permaban with no refund (but CIG needs video evidence)

http://www.pcgamer.com/star-citizen-cheaters-face-permaban-with-no-refund-but-cig-needs-video-evidence/

How is there not a loving full-scale revolt going on over the fact that some dude who gave them 12 grand to make a game could potentially be banned and lose everything before the game even leaves alpha?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Meridian posted:

Whatever it was, it will never be forgotten. The other day someone brought up a post I made in the Final Fantasy thread about not liking the way 10 ended and how I was an idiot that clearly didn't understand it. The post was from like two years ago.

You're hosed. The end. Two weeks.

Although I do have to admit, the Dredd comparison was kind of nifty.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

How is there not a loving full-scale revolt going on over the fact that some dude who gave them 12 grand to make a game could potentially be banned and lose everything before the game even leaves alpha?

i guess for the backers eventually all the piss just feels like rain

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Samizdata posted:

Although I do have to admit, the Dredd comparison was kind of nifty.

Yeah, had me thinking it couldn't have been that bad.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

alf_pogs posted:

i guess for the backers eventually all the piss just feels like rain

All of these moments will be gone, like tears in piss. Time to die.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Lladre posted:

MOMA are you Chris Roberts?

I am not Toast.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

RubberJohnny posted:

they should have gone with artem bank and kenetic void. now that was a soundtrack to a game. star point Gemini 2 was also a great soundtrack.

this - this is just blaaa like the pizza - barfed on bread and baked. uninspired drivel made to please tone deaf retards. CR loves it.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

ManofManyAliases posted:

I am not Toast.

are u sure CR? Does toast work for u then?
I mean DS says you are toast?

we can handle the truth/belt!
thanks for the refund - actually using it to play real games now!

intardnation fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jan 9, 2017

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Sappo569 posted:

drat that's awe inspiring.... at how generic and bland it all is

I wonder how much it cost for that composer and a full orchestra to make , only to get scrapped

Eh, It is pretty generic instrumental music, but just being bland puts it head and shoulders over the rest of Star Citizen.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Beet Wagon posted:

Would be hilarious if there was a ban with no refund based on video evidence, but the video evidence was really a difference in state between client and server due to latency (so the recording client shows wallhax, but the server or other client would show clear line of sight).

Maybe if they ban everyone, they can stop trying to deliver a game, or alternately offer a cheater's buyback package to unlock their account again.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

Inkel posted:

miku gets banned, wulge gets banned, gently caress Ben gets banned.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

intardnation posted:

are u sure CR? Does toast work for u then?
I mean DS says you are toast?

we can handle the truth/belt!
thanks for the refund - actually using it to play real games now!

Listen: I don't need to confirm or deny each person I'm questioned to be. I personally don't care if you like it or not. I've already said I'm not Toast and that's all you get. Derek knows all: just ask him.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

Listen: I don't need to confirm or deny each person I'm questioned to be. I personally don't care if you like it or not. I've already said I'm not Toast and that's all you get. Derek knows all: just ask him.

Your secret is safe with us, Toast

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The Titanic posted:

These are the best. Especially the second list. Jizzing all over planet landings now in preparation so I know there is enough to go around. I don't want to leave anything un-impregnated like a good alien queen. I hold my torch high in your honor, commando.

If they manage to do PG better than "E:D + sky + way shittier than NMS flora/fauna" I will actually be at least slightly impressed.

I mean, I shouldn't be impressed, since NMS was made by like 7 people and E:D probably didn't have many people working on PG planets, but it'd at least be something they didn't totally cock up.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

ok mike

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

ManofManyAliases posted:

dont make you doxx you bro.
and yes you will answer the questions because that is why you are here. To change our minds and prove us wrong.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

Are you James Lehner?

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

say now what happens if they let the whales cheat then and ban the scrubs? who will the whales play with npcs like B'Tak?

this is such a clusterfuck for them it isnt funny. If they ban them they are in for a shitstom and if they dont they are in for a shitstom.

kinda like moma picking a belt in the morning.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Beet Wagon posted:

I suspect CIG plans do do nothing about this problem and just saying they will is to placate the carebear citizens. After all, we've established they will believe every other empty promise coming from CIG, why not this one?

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

momo u are swimming with sharks and dont have a cage.

I suggest not getting paper cut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I5e_GXU4Zo

way it loving goes.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Meridian posted:

The other day someone brought up a post I made in the Final Fantasy thread about not liking the way 10 ended and how I was an idiot that clearly didn't understand it.
you loving donkey

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Deep dish pizza is good, and is pizza, but my favorite is Detroit style. I've never had Lil Caesar's Detroit style but I assume it is garbage.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
ffx was incomprehensible garbage, like every ff game made since the mid 90s

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
FF10 ending was a work of art. And it made so much sense when you look back at how the game played out before it.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
pizza is hometown, garlic bread is life

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress
Best pizza is home cooked, just like MoMA used to make.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
grab a cheddar bay biscuit by the fold. you can do anything there at red lobster, they love it

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Get ready to play Squadron 42 has been cancelled!!!

Sabreseven posted:

He will also be the first person to die in SQ42: The SC Tutorial The Prelude Episode 1.

:)

It's the same guy, he was given the choice of "Mop or Human forklift" and he chose the mop :)
Easy for him, he only experiences 3/5 of the gravity the rest of the crew do...

HycoCam posted:

Chris has something special planned. The third expansion will have the Tusken-gee Raiders, it will be all good.
:thurman:

Spermanent Record posted:

Anyone got a pic of crossbow bunny guy? My friend wants to know what star citizen is.
Check out my rap sheet too

And lol, just lol if you don't have seven crates of pleasure bots stacked in the foyer

Eldragon posted:

MOMA : Care to offer an opinion on what the Minimum mission length SQ42 should be in order to consider episode 1 delivered as originally promised in 2012? I think it was 50 missions?
I love the arbitrary numbers in this project

FIFTY missions

A HUNDRED star systems

Is 100 systems more fun than 99 systems? I guess 99 isn't enough but 100, well that's just about the biggest number I ever heard of huh so it must be sufficient. 101, we start to spread ourselves too thin. How about making one? :newlol:

MoMA posted:

Don't engage with me. I know not what I do. I am just following orders.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Mission 1: Wake up commando
Mission 2: Look around your space room
Mission 3: Hey, what's in that box?
Mission 4: Better take that gun out of that box
Mission 5: Oh no your space door is jammed, better crouch to scoot under it
Great work, commando. Now go find Pusher

:negative:

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Is a dog in alpha a:
  • puppy
    or
  • wolf

Colostomy Bag posted:

I forgot the release but it got so bad before they "old yellered" it you couldn't make it down the first set of steps.
These pair nicely

MilesK posted:

come check it out
These are great. Come check it out

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Inkel posted:

OH loving LOL
I work for a game company, and I review cheaters and such. And we NEVER take the word of whoever is reporting it, nor any 'evidence' they provide.
Sure most are legit, but you get a good salty percentage that will fake or photoshop proof that the innocent skilled guy was cheating.
Add in lovely netcode, and chances increase that some people with decent reaction times and skill will end up losing everything to Captain Fatbeard McVapeKirk

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jan 9, 2017

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

RubberJohnny posted:

Do you think CiG would be clever enough to plant that file to give citizens the illusion of SQ42 progress?

Nah, me neither

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

TheAgent posted:

ffx was incomprehensible garbage, like every ff game made since the mid 90s
look at this guy who couldn't wrap his head around "you're a soldier who was brainwashed using alien DNA then traumatised into thinking he's somebody entirely different and also having episodes that make him think he never existed in the first place but must defeat his former commander who has used alien DNA to clone himself a body after he died and is now trying to fulfill the alien's goal of eradicating all life on the planet in order to turn it into a spaceship."

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Great work, commando. Now go find Pusher

pak chooie unf unf unf

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

look at this guy who couldn't wrap his head around "you're a soldier who was brainwashed using alien DNA then traumatised into thinking he's somebody entirely different and also having episodes that make him think he never existed in the first place but must defeat his former commander who has used alien DNA to clone himself a body after he died and is now trying to fulfill the alien's goal of eradicating all life on the planet in order to turn it into a spaceship."
X was tidus friend

x was tidus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
you should have said

Ghostlight posted:

look at this guy who couldn't wrap his head around "you're a dead water soccer player who was brainwashed using ghost memories then traumatized into thinking he's still alive and also having episodes that make him think he never existed in the first place but must defeat his former empress and dad who has used ghost memories to build a new world after they died and is now trying to fulfill the ghosts goal of eradicating all life on the planet in order to turn it back into old zanarkand."