Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

and yet the quarterbacks get full blame for their receivers dropping passes in their chests via these metrics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Russell Wilson lost 50 points in DYAR because he was facing the Lions, lol

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

TheChirurgeon posted:

There's no "Texans win" scenario that doesn't involve multiple defensive scores and a Tom Brady injury

The Texans were beat 27-0 by the Patriots version of the Oakland Raiders last week (3rd string QB starting and got injured during the game)

Ehud posted:

I started watching the television show dexter and i decided he looks like tom Brady

Fun trivia: Brady was a big Dexter fan and his version of Omaha, "Rita", is based on that show. I wonder what his thoughts on the later seasons are though.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

GaussianCopula posted:

The Texans were beat 27-0 by the Patriots version of the Oakland Raiders last week (3rd string QB starting and got injured during the game.

Hence the need for multiple defensive TDs

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

GaussianCopula posted:

Fun trivia: Brady was a big Dexter fan and his version of Omaha, "Rita", is based on that show. I wonder what his thoughts on the later seasons are though.

i doubt that

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Metapod posted:

Nuk fuller and Miller are good at football

And Clowney.

Clowney good.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

GaussianCopula posted:

The Texans were beat 27-0 by the Patriots version of the Oakland Raiders last week (3rd string QB starting and got injured during the game)

Well if they get multiple defensive scores then they won't get shut out smart guy :colbert:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

TheChirurgeon posted:

Hence the need for multiple defensive TDs

While technically "half a dozen" is 'multiple' I think you probably need to specify that.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Guys I think if the Texans score more points than the Patriots, they'll win

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

you know rex may be fired, but I will always love his jumping onto a call and posing as a reporter to ask Julian Edelman if he was going to be playing QB after Brisset suffered that injury against the Texans.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

evilweasel posted:

you know rex may be fired, but I will always love his jumping onto a call and posing as a reporter to ask Julian Edelman if he was going to be playing QB after Brisset suffered that injury against the Texans.

Maybe NFL Network can make Rexed! with him - they made a NFL inspired version of Pimp My Ride after all.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

seiferguy posted:

please cite your sources

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

evilweasel posted:

Didn't that turn out to be the week The Pats were shut out at home?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Chiefs forecast has moved from snow to sleet. The field is heated so the main problem will be the wetness, which is a major reason for the debacle in the last Chiefs / Steelers game :/

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

seiferguy posted:

hosed up if true

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Didn't that turn out to be the week The Pats were shut out at home?

Yep. They probably should have let Edelman play QB.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

kiimo posted:

The Chiefs forecast has moved from snow to sleet. The field is heated so the main problem will be the wetness, which is a major reason for the debacle in the last Chiefs / Steelers game :/

I refuse to predict an outcome of any Steeler game this year. I expect them to crush a team, and the Eagles curbstomp them. I expect a tough game, and they blowout the Dolphins. I watch them comeback in improbable fashion and take a lead in the last minute vs Dallas and blow it. I watch them comeback in probable fashion, blow it and still win vs Balt on Christmas. This team is nitro glycerin, and explodes in completely unpredictable ways

e; except the 1st Miami game. I knew for a fact they's lose that game

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I refuse to predict an outcome of any Steeler game this year. I expect them to crush a team, and the Eagles curbstomp them. I expect a tough game, and they blowout the Dolphins. I watch them comeback in improbable fashion and take a lead in the last minute vs Dallas and blow it. I watch them comeback in probable fashion, blow it and still win vs Balt on Christmas. This team is nitro glycerin, and explodes in completely unpredictable ways

e; except the 1st Miami game. I knew for a fact they's lose that game

The Seahawks have this really disgusting habit of turning each opponent's weakness into a strength.

Green Bay is down to 4th and 5th corners? Turns out they're all-world corners (that week).

Detroit has a lovely offensive line? Manage very little pressure.

Since the Falcons have a "bad" defense, they're gonna rack up ~4 sacks and probably 3 interceptions by some guy who was bagging groceries three weeks ago. Football is weird.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
By the way - yesterday was the five year anniversary of this.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Schwack posted:

The Seahawks have this really disgusting habit of turning each opponent's weakness into a strength.

Green Bay is down to 4th and 5th corners? Turns out they're all-world corners (that week).

Since the Falcons have a "bad" defense, they're gonna rack up ~4 sacks and probably 3 interceptions by some guy who was bagging groceries three weeks ago. Football is weird.

Patriots have a bad defense but a hall of fame QB? Make the patriots defense the hero of the super bowl.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Giants trashed the plane they were in on their way back from Green Bay which caused a 3+ hour delay for the next flight

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
The other way to spin that if you're not hyper cynical is that the Seahawks gameplan crazy well to take away the opponents strength forcing the opposing team to beat the Seahawks with their weakest unit. Some teams rise to the challenge and some dont.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Schwack posted:

I was a little surprised how little we were blitzing up the middle considering the Lions were playing their 2nd string center and was considered one of the worst by PFF. Tom Cable probably told Kris Richard "bah those statistics mean nothing!" or something.

I have hope that Wilson is gonna ball on Atlanta. In his rookie year when we lost to them, it wasn't his fault - he threw like 380 yards and was on fire. He tends to perform well in domed stadiums. As long as Baldwin, Graham and apparently Paul Richardson can find some openings, the pass game should be somewhat alright.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Wes Welker (Questionable) - Bruxism from grinding his teeth too much. Asked about his injury he replied "throwed off that Molly".

Hahaha

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Welker rolling face off molly and throwing hundred dollar bills at the horsey race was so cool

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Whooping Crabs posted:

You don't need ribs or a non-bruised spleen to play football, do you?

If he does have a splenic injury he is out. No way they let him play unless you want to see a man bleed out internally on live TV.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Apparently it's "just" two cracked ribs.

Holy poo poo this posted first as "fracked" ribs, iOS is garbage.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

swickles posted:

If he does have a splenic injury he is out. No way they let him play unless you want to see a man bleed out internally on live TV.

Well this doesn't mention his spleen at least:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/818600170266959872?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Apparently it's "just" two cracked ribs.

Holy poo poo this posted first as "fracked" ribs, iOS is garbage.

Depending on how cracked they are, they may very well be fraked.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

fishing with the fam posted:

Married and never having kids is the way to go.

From way back but this is so true.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Spoeank posted:

So say we all.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Spoeank posted:

It's not a huge deal because Texas is obviously used to fracking.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Giants trashed the plane they were in on their way back from Green Bay which caused a 3+ hour delay for the next flight

As a frequent flier this is infuriating and solidifies the EAGLES as the only team to root for in the NFCE during the regular season.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

all-Rush mixtape posted:

So say we all.

I appreciated this

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

whypick1 posted:

But right now the Texans are serving as a very tiny speed bump currently standing between the Patriots and another Super Bowl appearance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMoi-nDd6cQ&t=267s

Whooping Crabs posted:

You don't need ribs or a non-bruised spleen to play football, do you?

Favre had some of his leftover painkiller stash overnighted to Green Bay.

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jan 10, 2017

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I did say the Steelers were going to lose to you guys for an entire week before it happened. I did not expect the beating that actually happened tho

Oh. Well than good on you.

Still doesn't change the fact Miami was double digit dogs and won. Really not sure what else you want to be said though. If you read us saying that as any slight towards Pitt then you've got paper thin skin my boy

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

If he has two cracked ribs and plays thats less "toughness" and more all you need to know about nfl teams willing to give out anything in the medicine cabinet.

Cracked ribs are fuuuucked.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
oh jeez

http://www.totalprosports.com/2017/01/09/phil-simms-may-have-ripped-a-nasty-wet-fart-on-jim-nantz-during-steelers-dolphins-game-video/

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Narcotics abuse isn't illegal. Well I mean not when it's the NFL and they've got football to play.

DON'T YOU DARE SMOKE THAT loving MARIJUANA THOUGH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Chris James 2 posted:

That last paragraph kind of bothers me because having to clean vomit/alcohol/whatever out of a plane is often referred to as a mechanical issue

• Locked thread