Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Ineffiable posted:

Can you literally just change it back to normal for that fight? Like if so, that means there's nothing stopping you from doing a ton of content in easy mode and post game content and get over leveled and kill the final boss in normal mode?

Play on normal. If you are going for trophies, the amount of side stuff you will do with have you overleveled and stomping the main game in literally no time. This is a game where you have to really try to stay properly challenged.

I usually never tell someone to play on a difficulty, but drat, this game is easy if you like to explore the tiniest bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

XV is pretty easy on normal mode anyway. You're almost guaranteed to out level the story content and you can exploit the level up system to really get insanely overpowered if you want to.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Sounds like a lot of people made the same mistake I did with DA:I and tried to complete the entire first zone which is a really good way to get bored and burnt out before you even see a tenth of the game. I actually enjoy the story and gameplay but am still struggling to care enough to beat it over a year later.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I did everything in every zone and didnt lose interest until the last bit of DLC but I accept that I'm probably an outlier

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

FadedReality posted:

Sounds like a lot of people made the same mistake I did with DA:I and tried to complete the entire first zone which is a really good way to get bored and burnt out before you even see a tenth of the game. I actually enjoy the story and gameplay but am still struggling to care enough to beat it over a year later.

I left the Hinterlands early enough because the advice to do so is so ubiquitous Google may as well auto-complete to "dragon age in--quisition get the gently caress out of the hinterlands" but when I explored more of it later there seemed to be some pretty obvious soft level minimums in the outlying areas, which seemed like a good enough hint to go elsewhere.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Inquisition has a fairly interesting story truth be told. It just has some insufferable characters (not even kidding, I think like half of the characters who join your party are straight up unlikeable) and the story is told to you really slowly and you've got stupid MMO style quests as filler before you get to the actually interesting stuff.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FadedReality posted:

everyone said not to do this so i didn't and the game still sucked a bunch of rear end

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Well I'm gonna preorder Mass effect Andromeda on Amazon so I can get 20% off because outside dragon age 2 bioware hasn't made a bad game imo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its kinda weird how low key the marketing has been for ME:A. i'm gonna get it used or dirt cheap around xmas personally.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Inquisition has a fairly interesting story truth be told. It just has some insufferable characters (not even kidding, I think like half of the characters who join your party are straight up unlikeable) and the story is told to you really slowly and you've got stupid MMO style quests as filler before you get to the actually interesting stuff.

It reminds me of Mass Effect 1 where you get pulled in, this you get offered a bunch of boring rear end poo poo to do on the Citadel, and then even more boring rear end sidemissions. But when you play through just the story content on New Game Plus, the game is really fun.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I read the advice and still stayed in the Hinterlands. I did every single quest and then took down the dragon. Then I did the same thing in every zone I visited. I have no idea why.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

blackguy32 posted:

It reminds me of Mass Effect 1 where you get pulled in, this you get offered a bunch of boring rear end poo poo to do on the Citadel, and then even more boring rear end sidemissions. But when you play through just the story content on New Game Plus, the game is really fun.

It's not all boring. You can gently caress the consort and get a trinket if you do things in the right order which is stupid as gently caress but you get laid which is cool because space sex and space bros is what the game is all about. And many of the side missions are interesting as well.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I mean, if you think going to a low g planet with maxed lift and shooting enemies into space is boring, well I don't know what to tell you.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Based entirely on the beta I got tired of: Steep is good if you're really jonesing for a drat snowboarding/skiing game. Not much like SSX though, more simmy, more about the open world and a Skate style "this is my favorite area, im gonna keep doing poo poo over and over again here for a while" type of play.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

if you do tricks on skis you get stuck going backwards...like ubisoft's game quality

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

If I own Project Diva F/ F 2, X and Mirai, is Future Tone looking into ?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

The PS store gave me $10 credit again for some reason, but there's nothing at that price point and I've got such a backlog that I don't want to spend actual money on more games. It expires in like a week, too...

Too bad, last time they did it a couple months ago, Bloodborne was on sale for :10bux: :v:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

J-Spot posted:

XV is pretty easy on normal mode anyway. You're almost guaranteed to out level the story content and you can exploit the level up system to really get insanely overpowered if you want to.

how?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Kelp Me! posted:

The PS store gave me $10 credit again for some reason, but there's nothing at that price point and I've got such a backlog that I don't want to spend actual money on more games. It expires in like a week, too...

Too bad, last time they did it a couple months ago, Bloodborne was on sale for :10bux: :v:

I used it for 2 hitman eps during the sale where they were $5 apiece and it was probably the best $10 i ever spent on the PS store.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Elemancy catalyst items such as rare coins that boost your XP from battles by a large amount and furthering it by sleeping in a certain hotel that triples the gained experience. It's comically easy.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Elemancy catalyst items such as rare coins that boost your XP from battles by a large amount and furthering it by sleeping in a certain hotel that triples the gained experience. It's comically easy.

Wait you can use non-consumable items as elemancy catalysts :aaaaa: gently caress

I didn't sell them all but I sold a bunch :(

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

retailer leaked rdr 2 having a october 2nd release date.

10/2 is mid quarter so its an unlikely placeholder but still might be fake

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

both Goat Simulator and Escape Goat 2 are $9.99, maybe those?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

fit em all up in there posted:

If I own Project Diva F/ F 2, X and Mirai, is Future Tone looking into ?
I bought F and F2 for a trip and played a bunch of the same tracks as in Future Tone, but it was a different experience because of the different inputs. I'm happy to have both.

I still don't know what to do with X though. Having the not rhythm game stuff like dress up stats and affection level being front and center really rubs me the wrong way.

Edit: graphically I think Future Tone blows the others away (including X), in frame rate, lighting and stuff for the videos, and ease of viewing the inputs.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jan 10, 2017

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Kelp Me! posted:

Wait you can use non-consumable items as elemancy catalysts :aaaaa: gently caress

I didn't sell them all but I sold a bunch :(

Took me easily a dozen hours to realize you could tab over on that screen. The XP ones are the debased currency items but some other random pieces of junk have cool unique catalyst effects too. Kind of annoying the item descriptions for those + ones that can be used as upgrade materials don't tell you so in any way

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Real hurthling! posted:

retailer leaked rdr 2 having a october 2nd release date.

10/2 is mid quarter so its an unlikely placeholder but still might be fake

It's a Rockstar game, even if it's real it doesn't matter

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kelp Me! posted:

both Goat Simulator and Escape Goat 2 are $9.99, maybe those?

Goat Simulator is barely a game, its value rests in its sheer existence more than in anything you do with it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I won't believe rdr2 isn't getting delayed until it's actually out

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they'll launch the rdr online game promising the campaign will come soon and then it wont come

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Real hurthling! posted:

they'll launch the rdr online game promising the campaign will come soon and then it wont come

Now this is more believable than an Oct. 2 release date.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

I bought F and F2 for a trip and played a bunch of the same tracks as in Future Tone, but it was a different experience because of the different inputs. I'm happy to have both.

I still don't know what to do with X though. Having the not rhythm game stuff like dress up stats and affection level being front and center really rubs me the wrong way.

Edit: graphically I think Future Tone blows the others away (including X), in frame rate, lighting and stuff for the videos, and ease of viewing the inputs.

Yeah, my friend let me borrow F2 on Vita and then I ended up picking up both F2 and X. I am hype for Future Tone if only because my exposure to the older catalogue is limited to what I've played thus far.

Being able to pre-order it would have been nice, however, if only to get it downloaded/installed in advance.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Do new PS4s not come with $10 PSN credit anymore? I had a launch PS4 that came with a card with a code for that, sold that PS4 back in the summer, got a Pro today and didn't see anything like that in the box. There was a little foldout card advertising the PSN Store but with no $10 credit code on there.

Although it might still be in the box somewhere and I just haven't seen it yet.

Could've just been a launch deal, though.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Only like the first batch of ps4s even came with that.Q

If you bought a PS4 or pro Sony sent you a $10 code, not sure on specifics

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I mean I got one like 3 weeks ago and another one just yesterday so maybe that last one was a "thank you for registering your system" or something? I already had an existing PS account, though.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Morby posted:

Yeah, my friend let me borrow F2 on Vita and then I ended up picking up both F2 and X. I am hype for Future Tone if only because my exposure to the older catalogue is limited to what I've played thus far.

Being able to pre-order it would have been nice, however, if only to get it downloaded/installed in advance.
I went from almost no prior rhythm game experience to being three songs away from at least passing all 224 (at current) songs in Future Tone on normal. It has hooked me like few other games. And to think I just bought it on a whim.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

I went from almost no prior rhythm game experience to being three songs away from at least passing all 224 (at current) songs in Future Tone on normal. It has hooked me like few other games. And to think I just bought it on a whim.

When DDR was a thing, I was so obsessed I even played ITG and the Mario DDR spin-off. I was also heavily into the Guitar Hero/Rock Band phase. Miku is totally my poo poo.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

I should have known Future Tone was going to be localized. I picked it up on Japan PSN like THE WEEK before it was announced.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Kelp Me! posted:

It also gave me $10 but when I go to redeem it I get an error.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Bonobos posted:

Did world of final fantasy ever get patched to run descent on a PS4 pro? It's on sale this week at Best Buy but not sure it's worth buying.

It always ran the same between the two systems, just that it was blurry as hell on the Pro. IIRC the patch that fixes that (and adds Sora as a Champion) hits Japan on the 12th, not sure about when it comes out for the west though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Beastie posted:

It also gave me $10 but when I go to redeem it I get an error.

In my case it was because it was the same code they sent the first time (which I already redeemed)