Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Infinitum posted:

How would you know this? :nyoron:
Reading plus logic.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

The aspiring Mafiartists gathered around Asiina, believing that she was going to try and ruin their grand design. With the tip of a cup, she got washed away, never to darken their masterpiece.

You are the black palette. You want to make the picture dark, gloomy, and depressing. Maybe it would be better just to paint the whole thing black. Once per game, at night, you can choose to ##mix with another player. If they are a palette, this will permanently turn them black. It won't change their perspective on the game, but it's definitely not going to help them out in any way. If they're anything other than a palette, this will have no effect. You also share a factional night kill. You are scum aligned and win when all threats to scum are eliminated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

For a guy who bases his game on logic, that's a pretty big assumption you're making there Lumpen.

How would you know that being turned Brown is a scum ability?

Almost like you have INSIDER INFORMATION

##vote Lumpen

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Infinitum posted:

For a guy who bases his game on logic, that's a pretty big assumption you're making there Lumpen.

##vote Lumpen
If it were not N1 then becoming Brown could happen by mixing Green/Purple/Orange, but if you READ YOUR (claimed) PM you will see that even that would not be possible on N2+ either.

If you have some other theory after reading the flips and your PM (if you indeed got a Town Yellow Pallette PM), do tell. This is really not very complicated with the flips being the entire text of the PMs and the claims that have been posted so far.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

What does my PM have to do with anything, other than you skirting the issue.

You just lumped Brown and Black as scum abilities/colours, when at the moment we can only assume that Brown is a bad colour.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Infinitum posted:

What does my PM have to do with anything, other than you skirting the issue.

You just lumped Brown and Black as scum abilities/colours, when at the moment we can only assume that Brown is a bad colour.
:ughh: I can tell you are really struggling. It is ok though, you can re-read all this if you end up in LYLO or something and it'll make sense then I hope.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's ok if you're scum Lumpen.

You'll just die

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
i think we can win by massclaiming now that we've found the 13th character

the setup is probably brush x3, palette x6, scum x3, sk x1

using ppl's mixing actions from n1 is probably enough to figure out who lied and whatnot

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

got some chores tonight posted:

i think we can win by massclaiming now that we've found the 13th character

the setup is probably brush x3, palette x6, scum x3, sk x1

using ppl's mixing actions from n1 is probably enough to figure out who lied and whatnot

I agree.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i mean if its not palette x6 and just palette x3 (maybe with spare brush, another role, yet another role) then it doesnt work but either way we should lynch bird who is 100% completely busted scum

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i mean rly even if we dont wanna fullclaim some1 just fakeclaim blue palette so we can eat this guys lunch

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Infinitum posted:

##vote Lumpen

No that's dumb

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

y

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Because he's making a perfectly logical assumption

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

But his gimmick is logic

So making assumptions is counter-intuitive to that end

Ergo scum found

You're welcome

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
For what it is worth, I was red, and attempted to mix with SSV to share in the joys of purple, believing we would both become purple.

I wrote the above and then realized I probably had a PM explaining the colorchange, and sure enough -

As anticipated, I am now a purple palette. Sorry, SSV. I thought we'd both get to be purple. I didn't wanna claim and gently caress town over but here we are.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

i mean if its not palette x6 and just palette x3 (maybe with spare brush, another role, yet another role) then it doesnt work but either way we should lynch bird who is 100% completely busted scum

well I'm gonna nip this in the bud before we start assuming the wrong things since that's where we're headed anyway: the latter should be correct, I'm a sponge :yeah:

basically like a JOAT based on the colors in play, I guess? I get a (random?) color each night based on a mix of all current colors of palettes and dab players for effect.
I thought we would all be things until people started claiming colors. my pm says combinations are a thing but not how they happen or anything like that.

dunno if brushes get the same things, but I can confirm that different colors give different powers and mixed colors are more powerful (than red, at least).
I started as orange, which is cop, and checked chores last night. he is town. unclear what color I'll be tonight, I assume tobbs will send this to me when the day ends

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok well, now's probably a good time to make some claims so the PRs can plan ahead. I'm a yellow palette.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

Ok well, now's probably a good time to make some claims so the PRs can plan ahead. I'm a yellow palette.

Odd reasoning...

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

this is a stickup posted:

well I'm gonna nip this in the bud before we start assuming the wrong things since that's where we're headed anyway: the latter should be correct, I'm a sponge :yeah:

basically like a JOAT based on the colors in play, I guess? I get a (random?) color each night based on a mix of all current colors of palettes and dab players for effect.
I thought we would all be things until people started claiming colors. my pm says combinations are a thing but not how they happen or anything like that.

dunno if brushes get the same things, but I can confirm that different colors give different powers and mixed colors are more powerful (than red, at least).
I started as orange, which is cop, and checked chores last night. he is town. unclear what color I'll be tonight, I assume tobbs will send this to me when the day ends

hmmmm

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Infinitum posted:

Odd reasoning...

Nuh-uh

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Kashunooooooooo where the picture at

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
so, i'm a paintbrush, i was blue yesterday which was watcher color

i watched infinitum, who was visited by me, bird, byers, and moat

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Palettes
Reds: Lumpen, peramene
Blues: SSV (confirmed by peramene), bird
Yellows: Infinitum, Retro Futurist

Black (Scum): Asiina
Brown? (Scum?): Moatillata?

Implements
Red Brush: byers
Yellow Brush: chores
Blue? Brush: Absurd Revolver
Sponge: stickup
Razor(SK): Gulag

Color powers
Red: SK Cop
Yellow: ?
Blue: ?
Orange: Cop
Purple: ?
Green: ?

Quote to correct or add, sorry it is not a pretty chart like I would normally produce.

Lynch Moat, betcha he flips Brown Scum.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Stickup's claim is a bit dubious.

Absurd Revolver is probably telling the truth, which I believe completely busts Moat as Mr. Brown.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Absurd Revolver posted:

Awww I'm popular

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Absurd Revolver posted:

Lumpen posted:

Lynch Moat, betcha he flips Brown Scum.

Agree with this reasoning in combo with Moat's complete avoidance of commenting on any type of claims yesterday. Call it tunneling all you want but Moat is scummy and I don't think there's any clear reason to disbelieve AR's claim.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

bird is definitely scum

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

bird is definitely scum

fyi you're very bad at this

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah I'm good with moat, their behaviour yesterday was straight weird and they were my second choice behind chores

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Gonna go ahead and ##vote Moat, who was sus before the claims and looks straight guilty with all these cards on the table

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Lumpen posted:

Stickup's claim is a bit dubious.

Absurd Revolver is probably telling the truth, which I believe completely busts Moat as Mr. Brown.

agreed ##vote moat

but I mean, I dunno what to tell you other than that's the role I've got

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
gently caress you all I used to be yellow now I am lovely brown

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

##vote Moat

If he flips town, I would look at Byers next

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Infinitum posted:

##vote Moat

What the gently caress? BYERS DIED, MAN

drat bugs got em

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Infinitum posted:

##vote Moat

actually you're next :allears:

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

this is a stickup posted:

Sorry stickup, I think you are Scum and telling lies.

You say you had Orange Cop power and investigated chores. That would not be a sensible play for Town at all after Asiina flipped. Chores was the first vote on Asiina, and she flipped Scum. I believe you targeted Chores, and I believe he is Town, but I do not believe you did a Cop investigation on him.

Also I think it sucks for you if you are Scum and this setup was so easily broken by a D2 massclaim. And getting stuck with Asiina for a scuumbuddy.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Moatillata posted:

gently caress you all I used to be yellow now I am lovely brown

A 3rd yellow? Makes you think

Oh by the by, if you visit a player of the same colour your action failed, you don't mix, and you lose the ability to mix again.

So you claiming yellow + my yellow means your action would have failed

LYNCH ALL LIARS

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Infinitum posted:

A 3rd yellow? Makes you think

Oh by the by, if you visit a player of the same colour your action failed, you don't mix, and you lose the ability to mix again.

So you claiming yellow + my yellow means your action would have failed

LYNCH ALL LIARS

Yeah it's p obvious here inf

I was using it like a cop on your yellow claim

Hmmm

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Moatillata posted:

What the gently caress? BYERS DIED, MAN

drat bugs got em

Well it doesn't matter ( :v: I'm sleepy leave me alone) because you just got caught lying and are def 178% scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Moatillata posted:

Yeah it's p obvious here inf

I was using it like a cop on your yellow claim

Hmmm

You were willing to make both you and Inf useless just to test his flavour?

• Locked thread