Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Moatillata posted:

Yeah it's p obvious here inf

I was using it like a cop on your yellow claim

Hmmm

Moat is lying. I visited Inf and turned green.

So either Inf and I are lying or Moat is lying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Retro Futurist posted:

You were willing to make both you and Inf useless just to test his flavour?

Nah it would only affect myself and I figured it would be more important to cop his claim then to mix my color

Especially considering his posting this game

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
quote="Lumpen" post="468156549"]
Sorry stickup, I think you are Scum and telling lies.

You say you had Orange Cop power and investigated chores. That would not be a sensible play for Town at all after Asiina flipped. Chores was the first vote on Asiina, and she flipped Scum. I believe you targeted Chores, and I believe he is Town, but I do not believe you did a Cop investigation on him.

Also I think it sucks for you if you are Scum and this setup was so easily broken by a D2 massclaim. And getting stuck with Asiina for a scuumbuddy.
[/quote]

I was the one that even brought up asiina to begin with, chores put up votes when people were still joking around. just letting the chores lynch go through in that situation would have been better if I were scum.

I considered gulag, but he seemed like a solid non town choice. considered ar but he felt more like town to me than chores. considered bird for not switching to asiina, but I thought what seemed to be a pr would be better. I am never sure about chores, and neither were others. confirming chores either way seemed fine at the time

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
pretend I didn't mess up the formatting

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
oh thats the guy I meant to say was scum

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
and I just happen to know that orange is cop how?

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

this is a stickup posted:

There isn't really a way to quickly disprove this, though. If you were scum, it'd buy you time.

I don't know where to place you yet but my first read is that your role seems odd in conjunction with what we know about brushes.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

also to repeat:

Inf cannot be lying about being yellow or I would not be green now.

Moat cannot become brown by visiting Inf or I would be brown as well.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

i am the bird posted:

There isn't really a way to quickly disprove this, though. If you were scum, it'd buy you time.

I don't know where to place you yet but my first read is that your role seems odd in conjunction with what we know about brushes.

a brush can just dip into orange if we have any, no?

granted it's weird, but tobbs makes weird roles. I would gain nothing from claiming this instead of palette if it weren't true

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Yeah I'm gonna ##vote moat.

It seems weird that two people are claiming to turn brown, so one of them is most likely scum.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm going to stay blue, I think. We don't need two purples. :smith:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm not really clear on how you got to be orange when we shouldn't have had any mixes at that point

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

a brush can just dip into orange if we have any, no?

Sure but that takes time to set up and is not guaranteed to happen because scum could ruin our last yellow and, presumably, make orange impossible. I guess it depends if/how people mixed, then openness about that, then telegraphing that brushes are going to dip with the orange palette.

So, it's testable, but complicated.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm not really clear on how you got to be orange when we shouldn't have had any mixes at that point

without quoting it just says I already have some orange paint on me, that I soak up a little bit of all the paints, and who knows what combinations are out there

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Retro Futurist posted:

His claim said any possible mix based on colors available, which is also confusing. N1 would've meant any possible combination apparently.

This does beg the question -- what happens if one of us successful mixers mixes again?

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

without quoting it just says I already have some orange paint on me, that I soak up a little bit of all the paints, and who knows what combinations are out there

Oh I see. I read your original post wrong.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

i am the bird posted:

Sure but that takes time to set up and is not guaranteed to happen because scum could ruin our last yellow and, presumably, make orange impossible. I guess it depends if/how people mixed, then openness about that, then telegraphing that brushes are going to dip with the orange palette.

So, it's testable, but complicated.

I went back and looked after that post and you're right, looks like we don't have any orange which makes me look bad

that's another reason this would be a really dumb fake claim though. I've only put myself in harm's way by claiming

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

i am the bird posted:

His claim said any possible mix based on colors available, which is also confusing. N1 would've meant any possible combination apparently.

This does beg the question -- what happens if one of us successful mixers mixes again?

full disclosure, I am not sure how it's determined and I'd wager :10bux: tobbs just made an order with rng before the game

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

SirSamVimes posted:

I'm going to stay blue, I think. We don't need two purples. :smith:

Sorry, honey. I tried. :(

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

what's your read on the game stick? I'm operating under the assumption that Moat is scum, but I do have to imagine that there's a third scum. Based on claims, I'm not sure we have a lead beside you.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
right now, the thing that is bothering me the most is the absolute symmetry that seems to be present in the setup based on claims. keep in mind tobbs makes weird roles and setups

symmetrical doesn't fit with my role, so from my pov, I have to assume that chores is wrong about the 6 palettes 3 scum, but that would mean the palettes have liars. if moat is a palette, I would assume the probable 3rd scum is an instrument of some kind. unless moat is the last scum in which case we have a perfect game.

presumably, there is a brown palette that goes with the black one. that gives two roles that mess with the colors of town palettes. in my mind, a 3rd scum role would be one that interferes more directly with mixing, but you and inf were the ones bothering me.

you have confirmed inf, but afaik it could just as easily been inf that turned moat brown and you that killed. that doesn't explain his play so either way we'll know once moat gets deaderized

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
the game might end when moat dies so :shrug:

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

AR pegs me, Moat, and Byers visiting Inf, which is where it seems likely that there's another scum (that killed Gulag, presumably) unless Moat could kill and mix.

I guess we wait and see post-Moat.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
oh, yeah I forgot about that

I am focused on football and beer atm

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I forgive you all bc I am confident town has this game either way. I don't mind going down bc I think this will be very informative

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Moatillata posted:

I forgive you all bc I am confident town has this game either way. I don't mind going down bc I think this will be very informative

Want to share what you think before you go?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

i am the bird posted:

Want to share what you think before you go?

:wink:

I'll always be with you bird

to haunt you for tunneling me

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
##vote moat

aight if he wants to go

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

peramene posted:

##vote moat

aight if he wants to go

this is a lame vote pera

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Moatillata posted:

this is a lame vote pera

more or less lame than your play in general?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

more or less lame than your play in general?

:smith:

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Friends, I believe that was hammer.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Oops, another cup got tipped over and more paint got washed away.

Moatillata has been lynched!

You are the brown palette. You want to make the picture ugly and gross. You are not a nice and friendly shade of brown. Maybe it would be better just to paint the whole thing brown. Once per game, at night, you can choose to ##mix with another player. If they are a palette, this will permanently turn them brown. It won't change their perspective on the game, but it's definitely not going to help them out in any way. If they're anything other than a palette, this will have no effect. You also share a factional night kill. You are scum aligned and win when all threats to scum are eliminated.

Thread is open only so Kash can eventually post N1 work in progress and so that maybe I can get votefinder to post the votecount. I pushed the button and it didn't do anything so I'm pessimistic but here's hoping!

Don't post game related stuff or imma be real mad. Shitposting is fine.

Open shitposting night. It's what Moat would have wanted.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Votecount for Day 2 

Moatillata (6): Lumpen, i am the bird, this is a stickup, Infinitum, SirSamVimes, peramene
 i am the bird (1): got some chores tonight
 Lumpen (0): Infinitum, Infinitum 

Not Voting (3): Absurd Revolver, Moatillata, Retro Futurist 

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 10th, 2017 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 22 hours, 55 minutes.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

WHERE PAINTING

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

GulagDolls posted:

WHERE PAINTING

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

nnniiiccccceeeeeeeee

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
owned by the first useful watcher result i've ever gotten

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
:ghost:I'm so ownnnnnnned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Always nice to see an early hammer, instead of stretching it out until deadline :toot:

Always nice to wake up to a scum lynch as well :tootzzz:

Would vote Kash tomorrow for lack of painting.

• Locked thread