Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

snaeksikn posted:

Dom Tyson has suffered a partial dislocation of the patella tendon

I don't know what that is but it sounds pretty painful

Ouch, that sucks. According to ch7 he was running laps yesterday so it sounds like it's not too bad.

I've sprained my patella tendon before and it hurt so much I felt sick to my stomach. Did it walking down an escalator in the city and then had to walk up the steps into one of the old trams to get home. That was less than ideal and hurt almost as bad.

Solemn Sloth posted:

patella is the kneecap?, so I'd guess it's one of the tendons helping to move it

Yeah, it's the one that runs down the front of your knee. It's also the one JOM has all his issues with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Periphery posted:

Yeah, it's the one that runs down the front of your knee. It's also the one JOM has all his issues with.

He tore his off the bone though so not really comparable to a partial dislocation

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
PYF 2 male players from your club to get a small writeup in the OP, here's my current thinking

EDDIEBETTS and Sloane

Schache and Rockliff

Cripps and Weitering

Pendlebury and Treloar (maybe Moore instead of one of these?)

Merrett and Daniher

Fyfe and Neale

GWS I don't even know because there's a fuckton, but maybe Heath Shaw and one of the ten really good mids they have, or a mid + Cameron?

Dangerfield and Selwood

Tom Lynch and Gary Ablett

Sam Mitchell and Jordan Lewis

Viney and Hogan

Goldstein and Daw

Gray and Wingard

Rance and Martin

Steven and Riewoldt?

Buddy and Kennedy

Kennedy and Shuey (would obviously include NicNat, but being out for most of the year seems a waste)

Bont and Bob(potentially Boyd instead of Bob)

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

McGovern over schoey for wce imo

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Yeah I think Pendles and Moore for Collingwood.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

Solemn Sloth posted:

PYF 2 male players from your club to get a small writeup in the OP, here's my current thinking

Rance and Martin

Dylan Grimes & Kane Lambert thanks.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Solemn Sloth posted:

EDDIEBETTS and Sloane

No arguments here. Except, maybe...?

Solemn Sloth posted:

EDDIEBETTS and more EDDIEBETTS

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Yeah, Betts and Sloane is the obvious choice for Adelaide, although you could make an argument for Walker over Sloane.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Can't argue with Steven and Roo for the Saints.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

NPR Journalizard posted:

McGovern over schoey for wce imo

what about Brownlow Medal Winner Matt Priddis

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

Sam Mitchell and Jordan Lewis

rude

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I was thinking for the actual post Cyril + ?, considered Rough, but don't know when/how he'll return, maybe Burgoyne? Gibson?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I don't know, it depends what you are going for. Those are all good choices, then there is Gunston and Shiels, two players who will be very important for the next decade and both (I think) potential future captains.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I might go for Gunston/Shiels to avoid the geriatric brigade a bit.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Comedy option for the Saints: Do Steven and Stevens and then mix up the write ups a bunch. You could switch the pictures so they are on the wrong description and call them both Steven and Stevens in the write ups. It'll be like BT himself is contributing!

Edit: Or just do a single write up for 'Jack'.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

Solemn Sloth posted:

I might go for Gunston/Shiels to avoid the geriatric brigade a bit.

I think given the context of our season it is reasonable to go with Jaeger O'Meara and Tom Mitchell.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Holy poo poo James Hird's dad is a conspiracy #standbyhird true-believer:

"The Guardian posted:

“A ‘conspiracy’ is probably the wrong word in a legal sense, but in the general public’s eye, I’d say a conspiracy between the Gillard government, the AFL and elements of the Essendon board, plus the Australian Anti-Doping Authority to get a result for something to get everyone out of a hole.

“The Gillard government had got itself into a hole ... overblew that crime commission report enormously and they needed something and they did that for political reasons. Both his employers were gunning for him but there was nothing specific he had ever done and there still isn’t.”

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I have family friends who are Hird family friends from Canberra, and yeah, they all buy into this line of thinking, Hird can do no wrong and was setup by all and sundry. These people come across as legit crazy when the doping topic comes up (they always bring it up).

Solemn Sloth posted:

Fyfe and Neale

Could go Alex Pearce instead of Neale

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Volkerball posted:

what about Brownlow Medal Winner Matt Priddis

Ehhh Priddis is a great player, but not the most exciting.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

Spedman posted:

I have family friends who are Hird family friends from Canberra, and yeah, they all buy into this line of thinking, Hird can do no wrong and was setup by all and sundry. These people come across as legit crazy when the doping topic comes up (they always bring it up).

Could go Alex Pearce instead of Neale

What about the 10th wonder of the world, Aaron Sandilands?

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

MysticalMachineGun posted:

As if more publicity is going to help Hird get over his issues. Jesus Christ.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Yeah that makes sense for Adelaide except you said favourite (well you said PYF) and my favourite is Charlie Cameron.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

pkid posted:

Andre, Chyna...yep, checks out.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

pkid posted:

Or Michael Johnson for the comedy option

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Periphery posted:

I vote for this. All of them.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Periphery posted:

Can't argue with Steven and Roo for the Saints.

I can. Gresham and Membrey for me. Both young, exciting and upcoming. :getin:

Periphery posted:

Or this.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Nutsngum posted:

I can. Gresham and Membrey for me. Both young, exciting and upcoming. :getin:

Yeah, Membrey would be a good one. Gresham I think might have a slow 2nd year and probably isn't quite good enough yet to have earned a write up as one of our key players to watch.

Unrelated: Along with Tyson hurting his knee, Christian Saleem apparently got a concussion...from dropping a brick on his head during some army style training drill that involved carrying bricks over long distances.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Periphery posted:

Yeah, Membrey would be a good one. Gresham I think might have a slow 2nd year and probably isn't quite good enough yet to have earned a write up as one of our key players to watch.

Unrelated: Along with Tyson hurting his knee, Christian Saleem apparently got a concussion...from dropping a brick on his head during some army style training drill that involved carrying bricks over long distances.

Stingray impalings were getting too old hat

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I think I need to do Boyd as one of the dogs players so I can quote all my posts on how bad he is.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
I'd go Merrett + Heppell ... but Daniher could be funnier.

Also, totally understand Papa Hird feeling the way he does, but not sure making a big deal out of it in the media is really going to help. Seems like Hird would benefit most from keeping a low profile (as low a profile as the media will let him have at least) and surrounded by those who love + want to support him until he feels well enough to do or say anything which involves the spotlight. So not sure those close to him lashing out now and fanning flames is really the right way to go. Then again, questioning whether something is the right way to go seems to be synonymous when talking about a Hird the past few years.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

https://fat.gfycat.com/AntiqueSpotlessBeaver.webm

testing embeds for webms

e: and gifvs

http://i.imgur.com/FNIOF3h.gifv

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jan 11, 2017

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

I haven't seen that before! Was it goal of the year because it's pretty good.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

gabensraum posted:

I haven't seen that before! Was it goal of the year because it's pretty good.

Yes it was.

Here's all the finalists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cLU7zByZc8

Atley's is crap imo and shouldn't have been a finalist over Gresham's against the Cats:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KolGtJaAL9c

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I still reckon it was a little over the line but I'll let it slide because EDDIEBETTS

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

The Deadly Hume posted:

I still reckon it was a little over the line but I'll let it slide because EDDIEBETTS

The video of it has the goal camera that shows him keep it in right up until he starts running and probably just barely takes it over. Im not sure what the rules are exactly after youve taken possession and are just running with it.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nutsngum posted:

The video of it has the goal camera that shows him keep it in right up until he starts running and probably just barely takes it over. Im not sure what the rules are exactly after youve taken possession and are just running with it.

I don't care about that goal or anything, but the rules are just about whether or not the ball is in. If any of the ball is above the line, then it is in. The player has nothing to do with it.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

My brother insists it was out, shouldn't have been a goal, and wasn't goal of the year. He also insisted that his 2015 goal of the year was an accident and a fluke, because it was meant to be a pass and only went through for a goal because it came off the side of the boot, and it shouldn't have been goal of the year.

Also, my brother is saltier than Lake Eyre :smug:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

NTRabbit posted:

My brother insists it was out, shouldn't have been a goal, and wasn't goal of the year. He also insisted that his 2015 goal of the year was an accident and a fluke, because it was meant to be a pass and only went through for a goal because it came off the side of the boot, and it shouldn't have been goal of the year.

Also, my brother is saltier than Lake Eyre :smug:

Do you guys put a tarp on his seat when he doesn't show up to Christmas?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/hawthorn-team-manager-faced-paedophile-allegations-before-sudden-death-20170110-gtouss.html

:stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

No doubt there are some awkward conversations happening between current and former players and their kids right now.

• Locked thread