Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
At twelve I got the Simpsons Game. It was a good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

greatn posted:

Christmas when I was 12 I got just the game I had been asking for Spider-Man and the X-Men.

😬

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Paperboy is still the watermark of gaming for me.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

spit on my clit posted:

At twelve I got the Simpsons Game. It was a good game.

At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk
I thought that older women would like me if I did

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

s.i.r.e. posted:

I'd agree with you on Prime but Super Metroid doesn't bog you down with unskippable fights like Prime does once the Guardian guys show up. If those weren't in Prime I'd say it's a perfect game but no, they had to make a bunch of rooms where you fight boring, bullet sponge enemies. Don't you get locked in most of the rooms as well?

I think Super Metroid and LTTP are great because you're playing the whole time, once we go into 3D we got a bunch of cutscenes and dialogue because things were trying to be more cinematic and ultimately that stuff just cuts the playtime down. The SNES titles keep you engaged the whole time, and text is minor, it's really great.

Re: Prime chat, the Chozo ghosts get killed in a single super missile, so your annoyance with them varies significantly based on whether you realised that or not.

Re: Everything else. So I'm very much the opposite. I like having cutscenes (to a limit) and general storytime because they give context to the game and a reason to play beyond gameplay. The reason I like Prime so much more than SM is being able to scan stuff and gain an understanding of what happened on the planet your on as a means of developing the plot. SM has this to an extent with the environment changing as you go, but can't deliver anywhere near the same atmosphere that Prime does.

So when I ultimately found a portion of SM tedious there was no desire to keep on going because of the plot. I think I got lost somewhere after Kraid and just quit because I couldn't figure out which way to go. I had the same experience with LttP at the point where you get turned into a bunny. Plot gives me a reason to pursue a game when the gameplay fails me and often leads to me discovering awesome moments later in the game that turn my opinion.

The reason I place LBW so highly is because I was getting bored and then the tonal shift of Lorule got me hooked again. Just as I started to get bored of that I started to suspect that Hilda wasn't all that she seemed so I kept playing with renewed interest.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Re: Prime chat, the Chozo ghosts get killed in a single super missile, so your annoyance with them varies significantly based on whether you realised that or not.

Yeah but they can still be slighty tough to hit before getting the x-ray visor and they lock the doors which is always stupid. Its a tiny tiny blemish though on probably one of the best games ever made.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Re: Everything else. So I'm very much the opposite. I like having cutscenes (to a limit) and general storytime because they give context to the game and a reason to play beyond gameplay. The reason I like Prime so much more than SM is being able to scan stuff and gain an understanding of what happened on the planet your on as a means of developing the plot.

Chozo Ghosts, yeah, those things, terrible design. They're an interesting idea but they're way too common and being forced into those fights for no reason other than to waste time and spend your ammo/health is dull.

But nearly all of that scanning is optional and you can stay engaged within the game if you chose to only scan things you need to. And as someone who scanned 100% in all 3 Primes, it gets really tedious. As I replay games I find that I want to stay more involved in the game than watch a lot of cutscenes, which both Super Metroid and LTTP provide but not so much in the case of OoT though it's not criminally bad but every time I think about replaying OoT I think about having to listen to the Deku Tree's bullshit, then Zelda's bullshit, then Darunia and the Zoras bullshit. I get they're trying to set-up the story of the game and the stories of the characters but in LTTP everything is quick, simple and presented in a way where you get some simple text and bam, you're in doing things.

It's really a case of to each their own and I still hold Majora's Mask as the best Zelda and best game ever, but there's a simplicity and elegance into the design of the SNES titles that isn't seen in OoT or Prime.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

The metroid 2 fan remake really does a good job of scratching that Super Metroid itch that Nintendo hasn't in like a decade. It's hard to find these days thanks to the cease and desist but I recommend it for anyone out there who liked super Metroid.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I found the game's difficulty pretty unbalanced, myself.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

TFRazorsaw posted:

I found the game's difficulty pretty unbalanced, myself.

The metroids were various parts of pains in the asses with regards to hit detection, but otherwise the game felt great to me. It's not better than Super (despite having obvious quality of life improvements) but it's still fantastic.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
By the time I had played it they had pushed out an update that made the Omega Metroids a lot easier, at least.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

For being a fan remake I was completely blown away by it and it felt like a first party title. Super Metroid sure had it's share of difficulty fluctuation.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Count me in as "first zelda you played is best zelda" - for me that was wind waker. I played zelda 1 as a kid but it never really stuck with me and i never had a super nintendo so i missed LTTP (and super metroid, per the current conversation).

On the AM2R front, I'm cohosting an LP of it right now in the LP forums. Feel free to join! I think promoting your LP in other threads is forbidden, so I won't link it, but its great fun.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
My first Zelda was OoT, but I think Majora's Mask and Wind Waker were better... but probably because Twilight Princess burned me out on the typical Zelda formula really badly. TP felt like it was trying too hard to be more like OoT, and its net effect was that I hated TP and liked OoT way less.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
First zelda i played was LTTP. My favorite Zelda is still Wind Waker ( 7th zelda i played ).

My least favorite is still Oracle of Ages.

I think my top 3 is:

Wind Waker
Minish Cap
Majoras Mask

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
A modernized Minish Cap with a few informational improvements would be baller. As it stands, I can't justify it in the top tier.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I just want Ezlo to tell me how much every rupee I pick up is worth, every time.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Green 1 Blue 5 Yellow 10 Red 20 has been consistent since LttP with only one exception, and that was Game Boy Color limitations. Yellow isn't in every game, and purple is always 50, orange 100, but sometimes 50 and 100 are big rupees of assorted colors.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So First4Figures is doing a "life-sized" line of video game poo poo, and their first release is Majora's Mask:

http://www.first4figures.com/majoras-mask-exclusive.html

It's dope, if you have $400 to throw away.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

So First4Figures is doing a "life-sized" line of video game poo poo, and their first release is Majora's Mask:

http://www.first4figures.com/majoras-mask-exclusive.html

It's dope, if you have $400 to throw away.

Funny & brilliant that they have several different payment plan options. Speaks volumes of their target audience.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
If it wasn't on a stupid fake stick and if it was textured better so it didn't look like playskool plastic, it might be worth considering.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

What's it supposed to be displayed on?

I agree it looks too clean though, but it's not really worn looking in the game or title so I guess that's what they're going for. I have a Majora's Mask I bought off Etsy that's wearable and looks a ton better, and I paid a third of the statue's price.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Phimosissy posted:

If it wasn't on a stupid fake stick and if it was textured better so it didn't look like playskool plastic, it might be worth considering.

Nice meltdown.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Phimosissy posted:

If it was a literal mask I could wear I would buy it for 400.

s.i.r.e. posted:

I agree it looks too clean though, but it's not really worn looking in the game or title so I guess that's what they're going for. I have a Majora's Mask I bought off Etsy that's wearable and looks a ton better, and I paid a third of the statue's price.
Lol :yeah: this

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Post a selfie with the mask on

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

s.i.r.e. posted:

Wall. Optionally face.

Cojawfee posted:

Nice meltdown.

Thanks, friend.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it actually took control of my mind and turned me into an eldritch abomination. As it is, no thanks.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Phimosissy posted:

Wall. Optionally face.

They said on Facebook they're looking into that as a possibility. Well, the wall part.

sigher fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jan 12, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RZA Encryption posted:

Funny & brilliant that they have several different payment plan options. Speaks volumes of their target audience.

Oh you'll pay for it all right. Pay for daring to assume it's just a replica. And one night, when you're drunk and alone, you'll swear the eyes moved for the briefest flicker of a glance in your direction. And suddenly trying to put it on seems like a good idea, just for a moment.

You will regret the following three days to come after.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it actually took control of my mind and turned me into an eldritch abomination. As it is, no thanks.

Eh, it might be pricy, but you're still talking a few hundred more before you're really in the range where actual horrific domination is a feasible inclusion. At this current price point the best you can reasonably hope for is the ability to inflict existentially horrifying curses on a few people.

I mean don't get me wrong, that's still a good deal, especially if you can find a purple-haired man and/or a tree person (a quiet kid in green is good too, but doesn't have as good a success rate), but you have to temper your expectations.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Looked at some of the other stuff they have, as some things have reviews.

They have "Link on a Loftwing". The reviews all have 5/5 stars, but one buyer said that assembly(!) was quite difficult. Some others said that it's REALLY big, they had trouble finding a display case large enough, and you shouldn't buy it if you don't have a lot of empty room to spare.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuC4YLLkqME

Nintendo Switch presentation is going live now. Sure to be some more BotW info.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

MokBa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuC4YLLkqME

Nintendo Switch presentation is going live now. Sure to be some more BotW info.

It's coming...at launch :black101: :ssh:

Also Sexy Zelda?!?

Rime fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jan 13, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

IT LOOKS GOOD

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

MARCH 3, 2017

Someone please post the trailer when it goes online! I'm going to sleep.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Wii U version's out on the same day as well.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Absolutely incredible

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

MokBa posted:

MARCH 3, 2017

Someone please post the trailer when it goes online! I'm going to sleep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t3g3VzNB-M

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw47_q9wbBE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:
Zelda's thick eyebrows. :swoon: