Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hav posted:

It's like knowing what a terrorist looks like. When you see one, you'll know.

I mean I get that MWO is a bad game nobody plays but they literally just spent the last year and a half trying to deal with the fallout of not being able to detect cheaters. This is p common sense stuff.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Needs spacedoor and more Ryan Archer imo

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's pretty indicative of how bad things are. The_Smokey_Bandit has basically admitted that things are hosed at CIG, but in spite of their constant failures he still wants to believe and get what he paid for. He's on the edge and could be brought back, but CIG doesn't have anything to show (nor will they anytime soon) and another disappointment or two will likely lead to him losing faith and ultimately demanding a refund (that he likely won't get). It's a fascinating phenomena and I seriously hope someone is closely studying this as a case study in group psychology. I can drat well near guarantee you that there's at least a few marketing firms following this thing closely to see what the gently caress got people to collectively spend $141M and individually up to tens of thousands of dollars into an unsubstantiated dream.

The response when more and more people lose faith is going to be even more interesting. Some folks will just shrug and move one. Others (like me) will watch the whole thing burn, and then of course there's the subset of folks who might get violent or self-harm. I hope that subset doesn't exist, but you don't scam hundreds of thousands of people without getting a few outliers.

angry isolated unadjusted nerds autists. there will be blood. think miku will take it easy or wulge? They have their names attached to the project. And all those I stand with sandi bs or the twatter sc logos.

Not only the devs attached the game careers over but most likely the top fans as well because of the association costs involved. 32k+ into a game that scammed you.

intardnation fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jan 10, 2017

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

haha nice burn dude you showed him

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

BeefThief posted:

What are the odds Chris & co. can continue to string along the backers for another three years and $130M, then actually release a decent game (albeit very different from that which was originally conceived)?

What would it take for them to actually pull it off at this stage, as impossible as that seems? I just can't wrap my head around why somebody would think it can be done.

Well, Dr. Derek did say that there was no way this could be done with less than 150m. We're 9 million away from having a viable budget for an ambitious project.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Wait, shouldn't we start tweeting with #IStandWithDerekAndLowtax?

EDIT: I hate hashtags, so I suck at them.

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jan 10, 2017

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

Well, Dr. Derek did say that there was no way this could be done with less than 150m. We're 9 million away from having a viable budget for an ambitious project.

Welp

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

ManofManyAliases posted:

Agreed. All that's left is to get that $150 million away from Chris Roberts and into the hands of a competent game developer.

I sure hope they didn't spend too much of it yet.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
lol someone said something negative about derek smart on twitter

goons rush to his side

lol

protect the retarded with the retarded

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I don't know how you nerds gonna top that post seriously, it's time to shut this down

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Madcosby posted:

haha nice burn dude you showed him

Finally, a post from Madcosby I can frame on my wall.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Madcosby posted:

goons rush to his side

lol

When Derek Smart has more posts in this thread about other stuff than Derek Smart than you do, it might be time to post more about Derek Smart

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

ManofManyAliases posted:

and 10 more years. u in moma or are u dead in that time?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

When Derek Smart has more posts in this thread about other stuff than Derek Smart than you do, it might be time to post more about Derek Smart

I'm not sure if ithis is an insult, but if it is, I expect goons to rush to my aid and protect my honor, as I have also programmed many garbage video games and hate star citizen.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Madcosby posted:

goons rush to his side

lol

I wonder if they would attack lowtax over the petting zoo thing if it was posted today.

:krust:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Madcosby posted:

I'm not sure if ithis is an insult, but if it is, I expect goons to rush to my aid and protect my honor, as I have also programmed many garbage video games and hate star citizen.

You have my sword.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Madcosby posted:

"I'm not owned! I'm not owned" he said as he shrunk into a post about Derek Smart.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Beet Wagon posted:

I mean I get that MWO is a bad game nobody plays but they literally just spent the last year and a half trying to deal with the fallout of not being able to detect cheaters. This is p common sense stuff.

Detecting cheaters isn't the hard part, it is not getting false positives. Cheat makers disguise their programs to match normal software as much as possible. So when Blizzard or Valve get a software detection it always flags a hell of a lot of legitimate users. And sorting through that is the slow tedious part.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Madcosby posted:

I'll protect you, commando. I mean I won't really, but I agree that rushing to the thread to show off how you totally dunked on a mentally disabled person on twitter is weird and strange.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

kilus aof posted:

Detecting cheaters isn't the hard part, it is not getting false positives. Cheat makers disguise their programs to match normal software as much as possible. So when Blizzard or Valve get a software detection it always flags a hell of a lot of legitimate users. And sorting through that is the slow tedious part.

Don't worry though, CIG has a foolproof way to sort through all the false positives and rage reports they're going to get - look at some video and then probably flip a coin or something maybe.

It's innovative/never been done before/groundbreaking!

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

"I'm not owned! I'm not owned" he said as he shrunk into a post about Derek Smart.

you really ryan archered that famous @dril tweet

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Beet Wagon posted:

Needs spacedoor and more Ryan Archer imo

No ryan archer tho

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

No ryan archer tho

We need the HONESTY dial.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

lol

[–]chicken_bizkit [+1]new user/low karma 3 points 30 minutes ago
They had to cancel 10ftc because every time they would ask chris "Will this be in the game?" Chris would say yes and add another month to the release date.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Ash1138 posted:

you really ryan archered that famous @dril tweet

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Star Citizen Real Hahahaha Citizen Just Get A Refund Like Citizen Close Your Wallet Haha

original content do not steal

:krust:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Great, now I'm getting spam ads trying to sell me feather dusters thanks to doing that dumb photoshop. GG Ortwin in a cup. GG.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Shitizens right now

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

loving lol.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
"I want something original, like Star Citizen" said nobody, ever.

Kobbo_Fett
Dec 5, 2016

Boba? Never heard of 'im.

"I want something original, like Star Citizen" said nobody, ever.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

If they just started over from scratch maybe they could do it

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

smh you gotta be careful with your corncob jokes or else gremlich will end up like bill mitchell (pbuh) who is always right now and we were the ones shaking while he stood still.

ask a neurotic corncob about the dangers of unregulated corncobbing

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

No ryan archer tho

In honor of their most recent (and blatant) Archering

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Brb gotta snatch @TheRealStimperor before someone beats me to it :ohdear:

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
What about the people who are going to die before this ever gets released, after sinking hundreds/thousands into it?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

BeefThief posted:

If they just started over from scratch maybe they could do it

And maybe only applies if they do just a space sim. The first person universe isn't really working out for them. But it's at least we have star marine, which has already been rolled into the game. Now all they have to do is layer more code on top and it's going to make fps games great again.

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jan 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Beet Wagon posted:

In honor of their most recent (and blatant) Archering

I feel like the Star Citizen Dark Knight needs to be front and center in the picture. Make sure you can see his gun and clenched fists to really get the point across to anyone that might dare to laugh.