Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Enter Left Skull - Let's Play Dragon Lore

Dragon Lore: The Legend Begins is a lovely point and click adventure game released in 1994 for PC and later ported to 3DO. I'd copy/paste the wiki summary about it, but it actively spoils the plot. I was eight when this game came out, I played it on release and I thought it was the hottest poo poo.

Now I'm 30, playing it with some friends and realising that it is in fact steaming garbage. Joining me as I take off the nostalgia glasses is my good buddy liquidypoo and some other randos I drag in based on who was around in discord at the time.

This game is bad. Really, really bad. Please, enjoy my suffering so you never have to play it yourself.

(Full disclosure, this LP was originally a patreon reward, however I took a poll and my backers didn't mind me releasing the LP publicly. I discussed with Fedule about posting it here and we agreed that this was the best place for it given the circumstances so consider this mod approved I guess?)

Playlist
Dragon Lore - Intro
Dragon Lore Episode 1 - What A Weird Dog
Dragon Lore Episode 2 - Can We Set The Dog On Fire?
Dragon Lore Episode 3 - The Open Door Spell
Dragon Lore Episode 4 - Do We Have To Beat Up This Sponge?
Dragon Lore Episode 5 - The Pizza Fairy
Dragon Lore Episode 6 - Take An Apple And Give It To Dog
Dragon Lore Episode 7 - Mycophobia
Dragon Lore Episode 8 - Featuring a Drunk Bavarian
Dragon Lore Episode 9 - The One Where liquidy Breaks Fae
Dragon Lore Episode 10 - A Bunch of Incomprehensible Garbage
Dragon Lore Episode 11 - A Bored Gargoyle
Dragon Lore Episode 12 - We Got A Lightbulb And A Buttplug
Dragon Lore Episode 13 - You Threw A Baby At A Dragon
Dragon Lore Episode 14 - I'm Done, gently caress This

Faerie Fortune fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Mar 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Faerie Fortune posted:

Enter Left Skull - Let's Play Dragon Lore

Dragon Lore: The Legend Begins is a lovely point and click adventure game released in 1994 for PC and later ported to 3DO. I'd copy/paste the wiki summary about it, but it actively spoils the plot. I was eight when this game came out, I played it on release and I thought it was the hottest poo poo.

Now I'm 30, playing it with some friends and realising that it is in fact steaming garbage. Joining me as I take off the nostalgia glasses is my good buddy liquidypoo and some other randos I drag in based on who was around in discord at the time.

This game is bad. Really, really bad. Please, enjoy my suffering so you never have to play it yourself.

(Full disclosure, this LP was originally a patreon reward, however I took a poll and my backers didn't mind me releasing the LP publicly. I discussed with Fedule about posting it here and we agreed that this was the best place for it given the circumstances so consider this mod approved I guess?)

Dragon Lore - Intro
Dragon Lore Episode 1 - What A Weird Dog

:stare: This game is like if someone showed Might and Magic VII to the inmates of an insane asylum and then convinced them to try their hands at their own knock-off brand version

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I streamed Contra on New Year's and finished it. I thought I might use this opportunity to finally start posting stuff in the casual LP thread instead of constantly being a try hard. I'm going so casual, I won't even use bb-code.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LkOTaFZUwA

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

You're gonna carry that weight.
Cybernetic Crumb
There was a game shop I used to go to as a kid that had a copy of Dragon Lore on the shelf. I'd stare at it, longingly, imagining the majestic fantasy adventures that lay within. I never had a computer that could run it, though, and one day someone else bought it and I never saw it again.

If that first video is any indication of how the rest goes, I am retroactively okay with that.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Faerie Fortune posted:

Full disclosure, Konami stole the gently caress out of that one guys face. (also already did this on twitter but most people wouldn't have suffered).

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

FeyerbrandX posted:

Full disclosure, Konami stole the gently caress out of that one guys face. (also already did this on twitter but most people wouldn't have suffered).

Why is this so perfect? :magical:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

:allears:

I knew LPing this wasn't a mistake

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Some pretty amazing things happen this part: the HMS Moonstone Cannon gets replaced with something even better, and sharks hate me so much they ignore physics and geometry. As does the new motor.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
I love watching people play Dragon Lore. It speaks to the part of me that needs others to suffer. It's like Bubsy, in that respect.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The sixth Night level is a regular level which introduces the Hypno-shroom and the Football Zombie.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)
So, who likes shmups? Who likes ALE? Who likes, in short, Tyrian 2000?

Grimlock Master and I do! So, a casual saga of yakking about Tyrian 2000, beating the game, and... TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES.

I'm so, so sorry Grimlock. I will do better for Ep 3.

Meanwhile!

Part 1 - Episode 1, Half the First. In which we visit... THE HOLE.
Part 2 - Episdoe 1, Half the Second. In which we chump way too many bosses, and attempt to retrieve Zinglon's Ale!
Tyrian 2000 Part 3 - Episode The Second - In which we encounter TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES.

JamieTheD fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jan 12, 2017

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Oh man, I haven't seen Tyrian in a while! There was at least one LP made for it back in the day, but one went down in flames and madness while the other carries Deceased Crab's distinct (and not to my taste) style.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Time for more Dragon Lore and did I hear someone say 1995-era racism?

Dragon Lore Episode 2 - Can We Set The Dog On Fire?

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Bad Buoy rides, Gonzales runs, hobo shack rises, and hobo stove stands.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I always liked the little guitar tanks in Tyrian. They felt a bit tougher than they should have been though.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)

90s Cringe Rock posted:

I always liked the little guitar tanks in Tyrian. They felt a bit tougher than they should have been though.

I perfectly agree. So, due to Technical Difficulties , Parts 3 and 4 got smooshed together, and the sudden jump cut about 3m in is... Because there was a horrific audio glitch.

Tyrian 2000 Part 3 - Episode The Second - In which we encounter TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'm back with some more Antistasi Altis

Antistasi Altis 3

You know that banner made more sense with the last thread title.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I can't believe this is my legacy.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

CJacobs posted:

I'll always think of you as the guy who made me listen to that Let It Die song every few hours.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

GamesAreSupernice posted:

I'll always think of you as the guy who made me listen to that Let It Die song every few hours.

DO OR DIE

LET IT

DIIIIIEEEEEEEE

ok I'm glad that's my legacy instead of Bubsy.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

DO OR DIE

LET IT

DIIIIIEEEEEEEE

ok I'm glad that's my legacy instead of Bubsy.

Sorry, your legacy is MP3 speedruns
Also Bubsy

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

CJacobs posted:

Ten thousand years from now, when the Zarquonian scout ships land on the blasted wasteland that was once our Earth, they will find a single monument, one solitary obsidian stela standing above the endless dunes. Inscribed upon the dark pillar will be runes glowing with eldritch (or perhaps, just radioactive) power, a remnant of the Trump War that ended all life on our accursed planet. The wisest minds of the Zarquonian Star Empire will pore over the ancient inscription, their priests will whisper prayers in guttral, long-forgotten tongues to gods older than the stars themselves that their scientists be given the wisdom to decipher the last words of a vanished civilization.

But it is only with the passing of strange aeons, when death itself has been ground to dust and the lights in the sky flicker to nothingness, will the last words of Old Earth be known:

quote:

"WHAT COULD PAWSIBLY GO WRONG?"
-CJacobs

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The seventh Night level introduces the Scaredy-shroom, which I completely forgot to bring along in our plant loadout.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

Yo. A new Rats video should be happening tomorrow. If it doesn't, feel free to yell at me on Discord. I'll blame the slow pace of the updates on my burning, fiery hatred of the game and my great desire to never hear or see anything of it ever again. Also, the folder with all the audio files is a massive loving mess.

In slightly related news, I took advantage of the Steam sales to acquire several additional copies of Bad Rats Show. These are free to whoever here desires one. When I (eventually) get all of the updates out, I plan on doing a live-stream of a bunch of user levels, and think it would be fantastic (entertaining) to have as many goon-made levels in there as possible. PM me your steam info so I can gift you a copy if you're interested. For those without plat, you can alternatively DM me on Discord. My account there is LogicalFallacy#0306.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The eighth Night level introduces the Ice-shroom and the Dancing Zombie, and we also finally see the Scaredy-shroom in action.

Plants vs Zombies has me in the mood for some more tower defense, so I'm thinking I might start up Sanctum or Orcs Must Die! fairly soon. Let me know if there's a preference.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

We continue our motor boat exploration, and in the process find perhaps the most useless thing in the game.

I also just held the last stream of the game today, so we're just a couple parts from completing the LP as well.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
A couple weeks ago Grace and I were talking about old LP stuff we did a few years back in the last 2007 thread, and I happened to mention that a new 2007 casual LP thread had been made. We knew we'd only have a few hours this week to be together, so I suggested I show him Jurassic Park on snes as kind of a throwback.

After doing a quick playthrough to see how well I remembered it, I realized at the last moment I'd rather play pretty much anything but Jurassic Park on snes, so I went digging and managed to find another old friend:

Let's Play Starfox 2 Episode 1 - Inter-Planetary Ballistic Missile

We're playing at maximum difficulty using the two glass cannon (and glass canon :smith:) characters. After a bit of research while editing, it turns out this is an extremely ill-advised move and most people go for the middle of the road or slow-but-tanky characters instead. We're also both fairly drunk because drunkenly yelling at each other is pretty much the main reason we do LPs

This game deserved to be released :mad:

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Addamere posted:

The eighth Night level introduces the Ice-shroom and the Dancing Zombie, and we also finally see the Scaredy-shroom in action.

Plants vs Zombies has me in the mood for some more tower defense, so I'm thinking I might start up Sanctum or Orcs Must Die! fairly soon. Let me know if there's a preference.

Orcs Must Die! please

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Let's Play VR Troopers

VR Troopers is a fighting game based on the mildly popular show of the same name from 1994. It features all your favorite characters doing all your favorite things like punching bad guys and shooting lasers at bad guys. It's a very simple and easy game. It's also not great, but it's inoffensive enough to be lazy and play through on a Sunday morning. This let's play is only one video long, since stretching out a game this short into multiple videos would be irresponsible.

Here it is, for your viewing pleasure!
Or you can click the image thumbnail, that works too.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

LogicalFallacy posted:

Yo. A new Rats video should be happening tomorrow. If it doesn't, feel free to yell at me on Discord. I'll blame the slow pace of the updates on my burning, fiery hatred of the game and my great desire to never hear or see anything of it ever again. Also, the folder with all the audio files is a massive loving mess.

It's tomorrow :colbert: But seriously, those are perfectly understandable reasons.

Addamere posted:

[Plants vs Zombies has me in the mood for some more tower defense, so I'm thinking I might start up Sanctum or Orcs Must Die! fairly soon. Let me know if there's a preference.

Sanctum please!

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

Good God, is that a Bad Rats update I see here? Say it ain't so.

Let's Play Bad Rats Show Episode 3: I Want to See How Bad This Gets

This is the final video from the first recording session, and as such Mycroft should sound much better in future videos.

Now I just need to get my audio folder unfucked so I can actually find everything.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Why didn't they make kung-fu rat ju-jitsu rat? Ju-Jitsu is native to Brazil.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Why didn't they make kung-fu rat ju-jitsu rat? Ju-Jitsu is native to Brazil.

Jiu-jitsu is more focused around taking someone down to the ground and joint locks as compared to striking, I guess. I might be putting too much faith into the developer of a game called Bad Rats.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

dscruffy1 posted:

Jiu-jitsu is more focused around taking someone down to the ground and joint locks as compared to striking, I guess. I might be putting too much faith into the developer of a game called Bad Rats.

I could easily see Bad Rats referring to an artsy game where you play as criminals in the underbelly of society where everything is surreal and different and you can't integrate with normal people and it's sad and the twist is that it's sad

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I should remind everyone that there's another 3 chapters of Bad Rats coming :unsmigghh:

JEBOman
Dec 27, 2009

JamieTheD posted:

So, who likes shmups? Who likes ALE? Who likes, in short, Tyrian 2000?

Grimlock Master and I do! So, a casual saga of yakking about Tyrian 2000, beating the game, and... TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES.

I'm so, so sorry Grimlock. I will do better for Ep 3.

Meanwhile!

Part 1 - Episode 1, Half the First. In which we visit... THE HOLE.
Part 2 - Episdoe 1, Half the Second. In which we chump way too many bosses, and attempt to retrieve Zinglon's Ale!

I'm not sure if you know this, but pressing enter switches your rear weapon mode while playing. So you don't have to switch it in the shop.

Also, the repair function is down and shoot. Which is far too easy to press by accident.

I might do some videos of the higher difficulties. I've beaten the game on impossible, but I don't think I've ever beaten episode one on suicide.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GamesAreSupernice posted:

Orcs Must Die! please

CommissarMega posted:

Sanctum please!

Looks like it's up to me to break this tie.

I'll get to work on Sanctum in the next few days. Until then, here's a quick teaser video outlining the game and showing how to get a secret achievement — Voyage au centre de la Terra.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I feel crummy so here's some funny internet videos

Dragon Lore Episode 3 - The Open Door Spell

You've seen this games' definition of "dog", now observe what it thinks a boulder is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
man i love sanctum, looking forward to that, altho i didn't realize it had a story lol