Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Sergeant Parper's Lonely Dev Club Band

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Ok just because I can and there are some peeps who haven't seen it and Beet mentioned it:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Galarox posted:

2: Two of the peeps I was playing with are Star Shitizens. It was awkward - in the end I didn't want to get all evangelical and full Goon on them so I just said that I had got a refund and got out and that I didn't think the game would ever be released as promised. It's interesting to me that outside of SA and the CIG cultist bubble that there are people who are utterly unaware that this game is a train wreck. They still think Crobbles will produce the goods. I suspect that there are a lot of citizens who are like this, and it goes (to my mind at least) some way to explaining why CIG are still generating money. Despite the noise from SA, Dereck and pissed off ex-cultists there are still a hell of a lot of people who are assuming that the game will be made, released and good.

I got invited onto a friend's friend's discord server the other day to play some dumb game with them all, and one of them was talking about Star Citizen. He had absolutely no idea what was going on with the development but was talking about how cool it was and how he had a Freelancer and all this stuff. I just kept my mouth shut, I didn't want to be that guy. My friend (who knows the whole story and apparently follows me around on reddit to laugh at weirdos) sort of prompted me and was like "Oh Beet put a bunch of money into it to" and the dude started talking about wanting to try out the PU and winging up and poo poo.

The silence after I said "Oh uh... I can't. I got a refund." was deafening.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Nice refactor, parp looks much better. Now I must refactor YOU.

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jan 11, 2017

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Galarox posted:

Ok just because I can and there are some peeps who haven't seen it and Beet mentioned it:

I'll never not laugh at the Parpman quartet, or my old av's dead sexdoll face, or my Pinhead Crobbler in a silly hat.

Your shops really are the loving best lmao

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
holy poo poo, look like another job for Derek
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5n8xh5/the_saga_that_was_my_customer_support_ticket/

The guy even made a complete good doc lol!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aUhjuL8wbK680vH7q7IONO_GAUe9pc4q-kNVxuhIUtA/edit

quote:

" So just a TL:DR. That google doc is a history of my one and only Customer Service Ticket to CIG in the near 4 going on 5 years of being a backer.
Just gotta say sure I will get hate no doubt, but I feel I was very level headed up to the end anyway til I just didn't care, much like them.
rabble rabble etc etc.
Utterly disappointed and dismayed at the lack of any kind of actual support from CIG, other than just the removal / refund of my account. "

gently caress you Steve

:D

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

The silence after I said "Oh uh... I can't. I got a refund." was deafening.

lol

also Beet check your PMs

Galarox fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jan 11, 2017

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Galarox posted:

gently caress yesss i wasn't sure if i dreamed this or if it was real.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Our newly refactored jpeg pipeline seems to produce a lot more content than CIG's

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?
Today was a good day. Got good news from eye doctor that nerves look good and eye pressure was down into the "normal" range, high side of normal, but lower than it was a few weeks ago so doesn't look like I'll be going blind anytime soon. Also, Frontier released the 2.2.03 update for Elite which is a drastic QOL patch. Doesn't fix everything, but drastically improves combat and ship balance in general as well as addresses some of the problems with power play. Also the update makes VR even better in the Rift at least. Not sure about other headsets, but it was already an amazing experience. Still Elite is not going to be all things to all people. I will be interested to see this character creator and the PS4 version.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Don't say the r word you non-capitalizing cro magnon
yeah the more inclusive phrasing would be "goons canadian rock band to his side"

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
That series of edits loving annihilated all possible frowns I could make today, well done everyone.

SpaceCurtisLeMay posted:

Today was a good day. Got good news from eye doctor that nerves look good and eye pressure was down into the "normal" range, high side of normal, but lower than it was a few weeks ago so doesn't look like I'll be going blind anytime soon.

Wing Commander saves again.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

D_Smart posted:

OK that's disturbing AF

Derek are you the Tickler in Black? This would explain a lot of things you know.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm just waiting for the wood table to be replaced with a tiled image of a Krispy Kreme box lmao

Make it a Big Benny's machine flipped on its side and used as the table.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

I am having this printed out on a canvas from Photobucket. You guys are the best!

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

ah, Americans and their refined cuisine.

:discourse:

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Propagandist posted:

People bring those into work all the time. Just like here, its somebody's birthday, have some donuts. Or a Friday. Or great job team we did a thing. They are everywhere.

They also make for awesome hamburger buns. Don't laugh. Try that poo poo.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

DapperDon posted:

They also make for awesome hamburger buns. Don't laugh. Try that poo poo.

Place by my house makes their own donuts, and uses them as buns for pork belly sliders.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AusaNp6FOSQNAmY7m_zZbh82hFqW0-9xxQDKvIZyx3o/edit

TL;DR a couple of RSI employees on the Evocati discord made a rule that if you spoil Rogue One your RSI account will be closed:

An OG backer took issue with it and was thrown out of the discord. Asked for a partial refund and was given a full refund instead and account closed. In conclusion don't gently caress with an RSI employees shooty space movie.

A Neurotic Corncob fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jan 11, 2017

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Slight refactor on belt lighting...still not perfect.

V 2.6.1238a13

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

I never saw this one. I am still sort of new to a few things here. But that is HAV correct?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AusaNp6FOSQNAmY7m_zZbh82hFqW0-9xxQDKvIZyx3o/edit

TL;DR a couple of the admins on the SC discord (before they closed it I guess) made a rule that if you spoil Rogue One you get your account banned:

An OG backer took issue with it and was thrown out of the discord. Asked for a partial refund and was given a full refund instead and account closed. In conclusion don't gently caress with an RSI employees shooty space movie.

I love watching people get the smallest taste of power and abusing it as if they were commanding a small tropical country

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

I use a 40" 4k Tv as my laptop monitor and I just set this poo poo to my desktop background. You guys are good. I mean I can actually see where you tried to hide your own skills.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

TL;DR a couple of RSI employees on the SC discord (before they closed it I guess) made a rule that if you spoil Rogue One your RSI account will be closed:

I'd love for that to get back to Chris and Sandi.

"Looks like another refund. We lost two grand."
"Oh Christ, at this rate, we'll have to come up with another ship paint job to sell so I can take that trip to Monaco. Why did they want the refund?"
"Let's see...um, because they spoiled something in Rogue One."
Cut to two CIG staffers walking by outside Crobberts office, suddenly they hear furious handwaving and Restoration Hardware desks being pounded, they abrutply turn around and go back around the corner they came from.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Beautiful. Spoiling unrelated Space Movies can get you banned from Star Citizen and all of your jpegs forcibly refunded.

I think you've been one upped, Derek Smart. All you did was voice a negative opinion about SC on an unrelated website. This person failed to spoil a star wars movie on Discord.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

it's so dense, every single frame has so many things going on

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
There is always something with these people. Jesus. Do they do ANY sort of damage mitigation? Or is it just kind of a 'walk into work, what can I gently caress up and embarrass the company with today?'

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Dementropy posted:

Place by my house makes their own donuts, and uses them as buns for pork belly sliders.

Yuuup.

I am only a refined adult when I have to be. Other than that, I work real hard so that one weekend a month I get a cheat food day and let me loving tell you do I loving cheat with poo poo just like this.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

TL;DR a couple of RSI employees on the Evocati discord made a rule that if you spoil Rogue One your RSI account will be closed:

I haven't watched Rogue One. Please, no one tell me if the Death Star plans get to Princess Leia or not.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

We only needed to wait until CIG was back for their first full week at work for the reddit to be set on fire again. People are starting to wake up and realise that the next month or so is going to be 2.6.1 (aka. 2.6 - PROPER) and that CIG is going dark on 3.0. Good thing that CIG has taught everyone that no news is bad news so that we can have drama everyday.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Sunswipe posted:

I haven't watched Rogue One. Please, no one tell me if the Death Star plans get to Princess Leia or not.

Yep, ranks up there where Roberts tells Smart he is his father.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Sappo569 posted:

I love watching people get the smallest taste of power and abusing it as if they were commanding a small tropical country

sorry, I'm not good at this photoshop stuff..

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Inkel posted:

sorry, I'm not good at this photoshop stuff..

Needs space ships to replace the buildings

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

This went from bad to 'verse

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I love that you came in and not only added your own things, but actually went through and fixed all our stupid mistakes where we made poo poo blurry because we're bad at PS.

Thanks commando.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

Madcosby posted:

This went from bad to 'verse

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Raskolnikov posted:

And maybe only applies if they do just a space sim. The first person universe isn't really working out for them. But it's at least we have star marine, which has already been rolled into the game. Now all they have to do is layer more code on top and it's going to make fps games great again.

I've seen a video of the pupil to eye, and to me that's worth every cent of money everybody has thrown in. They should be honored to have a cinematic cutscene pre-rendered as a YouTube and not released as a some kind of module or something.

The less the backers get game play wise and the more they get in YouTube videos saying how awesome the technology is, I'm glad of it. :eonwe:

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jan 11, 2017