Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Thank you mags, appreciate it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

this is a good post. don't kill asiina.

I mean I think it's pretty great, but I don't know why!

I have very few opinions in this game.

Kash, are you going to kill me instead because if you do....I have nothing interesting to say!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

this is a good post. don't kill asiina.

Too late

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i'm really confused as to why you would think that was a good idea

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Asiina: Overall, I have a town read of Asiina. I'd like a further explanation of what she found so bad about this post. While she doesn't want any credit for the push onto Quidnose, she still chose to vote for him (a flipped scum) over literally anyone else in the thread or lurking. Solid town read despite the miller claim.

Atomic Soda: Town Atomic soda reads genuine and thoughtful. This post is a good example of the kind of posting I'm talking about, that their reasoning is well explained and genuine.

CCKeane: Scummy. This post that he made on D1 calls Asiina out for her miller claim. The post is short and succinct, there is no reason to think it is a joke. He then compounds his suspicion here. By itself those post are fine to make on D1. But then we have this pivot wherein he attempts to pivot from finding asiina suspicious to Atomic Soda, after Atomic Soda made a few posts that the thread was finding awkward/suspicious (personally I don't think the AS posts in question were either of those things). He did vote for Quidnose, so he's got that going for him, but I find over all his post history to be both lacking in content and the posts that do include content seem inconsistent, as shown in the posts I referenced above.

Cheap Trick Souvenirs: Town I find these three posts (1.0), (2.0), (3.0) to be very townie. While a jailor claim could go either way as far as scum or town typically, I don't think it's scummy in this scenario.

Grandi: Town This post is a good read, mainly because I agree with the points he's making. Maybe it's confirmation bias, but I find this post to be townie, and the rest of his history is much of the same.

Hal Incandenza: Null read. Not enough information to really have an opinion.

I am the bird: Scum. I believe This post is a willful misinterpretation of Grandi, to rolefish and also paint grandi as having information he shouldn't have. This post paints his vote as one that will be controlled by a RNG. Taking pressure off of him for any vote he makes, while allowing him to also vote whoever he or she wants without having to back it up with an opinion. Add onto those two posts this post which I believe to be a bus, and you have a scumbo.

Kashuno: Scum. Dont like this post. Defending a know infected, early on. This post attempts to re-interest everyone in Atomic Soda as a candidate, without voicing any real concern or opinion on them.

Li Dawny: Scum. Incredibly low post count added to that is the high white noise to content ratio of her posts, which makes me think she's scum. I wont pick through the post history here, as you can read the whole thing yourself quite easily.

Somber: Town. This read is mostly dependent on his posts against CTS. Re-read that exchange, his points seem truly felt and geniune, and while I believe he's a talented fiction writer, I don't think he's good enough to fake that kind of thinking.

Those are my feelings on the players of hte game.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

##vote I am the bird

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Oh wait votes dont matter cause it's not d2 yet. lol

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hey mags just wanna say your posting this game has been 👌👌👌

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Somberbrero posted:

Ty <3

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ty mags ur the man unlike Somber who is the stinky butt

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Too late

:rip:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

Yes there must be 4 more scum in this game!

How can I be the only NULL READ when there is as much info about me as anyone else.

Jeez mags.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Mr. F! posted:

I am the bird: Scum. I believe This post is a willful misinterpretation of Grandi, to rolefish and also paint grandi as having information he shouldn't have. This post paints his vote as one that will be controlled by a RNG. Taking pressure off of him for any vote he makes, while allowing him to also vote whoever he or she wants without having to back it up with an opinion. Add onto those two posts this post which I believe to be a bus, and you have a scumbo.

So you're spinning (1) a joke post during joke phase with (2) a willful misreading of me being confused by the Kash/Grandi argument and (3) my first and most consistent read on Quid into me = scum?

just to be clear, because I'd like to know exactly how lovely your thought process is

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

i am the bird posted:

So you're spinning (1) a joke post during joke phase with (2) a willful misreading of me being confused by the Kash/Grandi argument and (3) my first and most consistent read on Quid into me = scum?

just to be clear, because I'd like to know exactly how lovely your thought process is

Your vote on quid reads like a bus of a teammate.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I'll admit to my participation being lackluster because I lost total interest during the dumb arguments before the deadline discussion (part of which I could not be present for), but that's an awful case that's primarily based on two things you clearly don't even know how to read

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. F! posted:

Your vote on quid reads like a bus of a teammate.

What about mine?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

i am the bird posted:

I'll admit to my participation being lackluster because I lost total interest during the dumb arguments before the deadline discussion (part of which I could not be present for), but that's an awful case that's primarily based on two things you clearly don't even know how to read

I don't know how to read when you willfully misinterpreted Grandicaps post wherein he used a hypothetical to talk about asiina's miller claim?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Hal Incandenza posted:

Let's all just vote Quid and get back to talking about how great purple is

##vote Quid

It's a pretty weak throwaway vote thats for sure.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Mr. F! posted:

I don't know how to read when you willfully misinterpreted Grandicaps post wherein he used a hypothetical to talk about asiina's miller claim?

if you can't understand my questioning in the context of Kash's posts then I don't know what to say to you. pulling that post (which was discussed in the moment) as if I was pushing a grandi lynch or role fishing is a terrible misread

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

i am the bird posted:

if you can't understand my questioning in the context of Kash's posts then I don't know what to say to you. pulling that post (which was discussed in the moment) as if I was pushing a grandi lynch or role fishing is a terrible misread

Agree to disagree. The thing is, I don't need to convince you you're scum, just everyone else that you are.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. F! posted:

It's a pretty weak throwaway vote thats for sure.

How so? I voted him early, stuck with it, and Quid and I had a fairly big back and forth where I doubled down on his scumminess long before anyone else except maybe Somber.

Are you like only looking at the posts with votes in them when you are making your reads?

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Mr. F! posted:

Agree to disagree. The thing is, I don't need to convince you you're scum, just everyone else that you are.

Well that definitely checks out as townie :rolleyes:

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Hal Incandenza posted:

How so? I voted him early, stuck with it, and Quid and I had a fairly big back and forth where I doubled down on his scumminess long before anyone else except maybe Somber.

Are you like only looking at the posts with votes in them when you are making your reads?

It's true, you voted him and sat on it. Which is why I called it a throwaway vote. It's part of the reason why I have a null-read on you.

i am the bird posted:

Well that definitely checks out as townie :rolleyes:

Yeah somehow through the wonders of casework I'm going to get a scum to just come out and admit that they're scum.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Mr. F! posted:

It's true, you voted him and sat on it. Which is why I called it a throwaway vote. It's part of the reason why I have a null-read on you.

Yeah somehow through the wonders of casework I'm going to get a scum to just come out and admit that they're scum.

"here's a disingenuous case but it doesn't matter because I just have to get everyone else to go along with it [for no legitimate reason]"

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

i am the bird posted:

"here's a disingenuous case but it doesn't matter because I just have to get everyone else to go along with it [for no legitimate reason]"

I understand you're upset that I caught you out.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Okay (mostly) Sirs,
I feel better and I don't work tomorrow, so I might be able t stay up a decent amount tonight. However, itLs a race against vodka so good luck. Let's mafia, what's going on?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
hi dawny, are you....diseased?

fyi, i have had some family poo poo come up this week which will make it hard for me to post regularly - i've let retro know but fyi. in the car now and will be able to post sporadically.

my lumpen (?) list is below, will be interesting to see the nk flip and if there are any night results tho.

lean scum: keane, cheap tricks, i am the bird, dawny

lean town: mr f, hal, somber, grandi, asiina

no idea: kash.

agree with mr f below re: birds post, i recall asking about this earlier to both bird and kash

Atomic Soda posted:

bird and kash, why did you think grandi was saying there is no cop? cause it doesn't read that way to me at all.

i saw bird responded but can't remember if kash did

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

Why the hostility? Didnt I say I'd finish?

why the condescension? seems like i was on your case and you're throwing out statements devaluing my contribution?

yes i do have a similar av to lil dawny cause jimson drew then both. was there a reason you felt the need to bring up the comparison?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
btw lil dawny while you leaning scum for me quick hi five re: the cool av :coal:

if only jimson were here, then we'd definitely have a lynch target for tomorrow

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Atomic Soda posted:

why the condescension? seems like i was on your case and you're throwing out statements devaluing my contribution?

yes i do have a similar av to lil dawny cause jimson drew then both. was there a reason you felt the need to bring up the comparison?

Because it makes me think you're of like mind which, in my mind, is NOT a good thing.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I understand why people think I'm scum, and I wish I knew how to change it. However vodka got the best of me first and now blood orange sorbetto.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Li Dawny was killed N1, she was Vanilla, Scientist Aligned INFECTED

Asiina was also killed. She was A Miller, Scientist Aligned

It is now D2

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

OK, so the 3 way masonry included Asiina and we are responsible for Dawny's death.It's unconfirmed but do ya'll think my masonbro would have signed off on the nk if he knew she was scum? I say no.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

IN ADDITION, I jailed Magnus last night and unless Kashuno is the scumbo doing nks, Magnus is scum too, probably?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The thing about Kashuno - Do you think the scum would kill a miller when they're down a guy on d1? Keeping Asii around was in the scum's best interests, doesn't fit that Kash is scum. However, I personally know where the other kill came from - Asii performed it last night on Lil Dawny. The only missing link, really, is the scum nk. Either there wasn't one or it was blocked and I somehow suspect I'm the only Jailor. It's Magnus. Vote Magnus.

##vote Mr. F

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

The thing about Kashuno - Do you think the scum would kill a miller when they're down a guy on d1? Keeping Asii around was in the scum's best interests, doesn't fit that Kash is scum. However, I personally know where the other kill came from - Asii performed it last night on Lil Dawny. The only missing link, really, is the scum nk. Either there wasn't one or it was blocked and I somehow suspect I'm the only Jailor. It's Magnus. Vote Magnus.

##vote Mr. F

Is this process of elimination or is there another factor I'm missing? Why Magnus?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Because I jailed him and logic dictates that the scum nk was blocked last night.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The other possibility I considered is that scum was in my masonry and maybe even theres another one and scum don't get an nk themselves but can only direct them through masonries. However, scum simply would not have signed off on us killing Dawny like that. It doesn't make sense. The only way that'd work is if they think they can survive every other game day from here on and that'd be mega mega risky with another vig flying around.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Probably the last scum are among Li Dawny, Kash and diqnol. At least in this mans opinion. I think the first two are stronger reads for me at this point though.

Can we just vote Kashuno so I can get on with gloating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Because I jailed him and logic dictates that the scum nk was blocked last night.

well what if you protected him from the nk?

idk, i'd like to see a supporting content argument. kash, can you kill again?

• Locked thread