Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

rabidsquid posted:

im somewhat excited to see this play out but the tl;dr is that everyone has REALLY BIG HANDS, HE HEH, U NO WHAT IM SAYIN and they were WAY TOO BIG to use a ps3 controller, and a lot of people were trying to figure out how the gently caress people were holding ps3 controllers that their thumbs were hitting each other so somebody made that gif as a joke

I've run into this with people last gen and the weird thing is using one of the smaller gamestop knockoffs was what worked for them. I have small girly hands (HE HEH, U NO WHAT IM SAYIN) but I can't use the lil gamestop ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Gravity Rush's ending is less of a cliffhanger and more that it doesn't resolve any of the questions it brought up throughout the game.

As someone who also beat it a couple months ago, I've been mulling on making a list just for the hell of it (and maybe coming back to it to see if the developers are honest about coming back to these in the sequel).

* The stuff about Dusty being a benevolent Nevi
* The implication in general about the Nevi not always being violent.
* Everything to do with Alias (and who could he possibly be that would cause Kat to reel back in horror)
* The EVER EXPANDING OCEAN OF DARKNESS. That's still a thing.

This is generous and not including obvious sequel hooks.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Shadow225 posted:

Final Fantasy XV - The ending sequence in this game made everything worth it. Legitimately one of my favorite endings ever. And the summons are Gorgeous. I was annoyed at how long it took to get around, even on a chocobo, but I just convinced myself not to do side quests as a result. I appreciated the brevity of the main story. There were a few sequences where you could tell they had grander plans the negotiation sequence in Altissa, the ability to turn in side quests by phone but only for the first side quest, some more stuff [\spoiler]. Chapter 13 was as drawn out as it was portrayed, and I doubly hated it because [spoiler]it was so cartoonishly evil to have Ardyn heckle you over intercom and give you Prompto back. I thought that Ardyn was a fairly interesting character up until that point, and then I warped to some kid's cartoon dimension of FFXV. Overall, I would definitely suggest a play. I'm curious to see what they add. I'm going to hold off on the season pass until I hear some reviews.

The story is about right for Final Fantasy; basically non-sensical and not really explained during the game, and basically turns on a time half way through. Standard stuff for decades. Same thing with the ending; it's been done before, though it was done exceedingly well here, specifically. I liked how Prompto's photography hobby wound up playing into it.

It suffers from the standard open world problem; 'The fate of the world is in your hands, the invading armies are at the gates, but hey, don't forget to go fishing and pick up some veggies from my farm!'

Goddamn the game is gorgeous, though, and it's generally very enjoyable, minute to minute, while you're playing. Summons are amazing and really communicate the idea that 'you're invoking a freakin GOD.'

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Shadow225 posted:

Up next on my backlog: Last of Us Remastered. Wish me luck.

i very much love the last of us remastered, but it's starts sorta slow and i have to warn you that the shooting feels kind of bad until you can upgrade it the first time. also the game tries to trick you into thinking bricks are for throwing at people but its a supremely powerful melee weapon and you can use them to kill clickers. always be brickin'

i think you will like it and hope you enjoy it, maybe we can do some multiplayer if its not dead and you're down. provided i am not confused and you're big boswell that i used to play league with.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Lobok posted:

If you don't scour every part of the maps are you missing out on fantastic loot or interesting battles or character relationship tidbits, etc.?

It's what YT is for when I want to see all the events I missed out or alt endings. I even skipped the temple puzzle room despite Morrigan greatly disproving me after because no. Overall I clocked around 30+ hrs with Trespasser and not sure if I want to do DLC areas because I'm tired of side quests.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I kind of binged on sidequests last night in FF 15 to get my experience up. After a while, I started hoarding XP to take advantage of the double xp bonus. I gained about 9 levels in one go.

blackguy32 fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jan 11, 2017

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
Any word on when a firmware update is coming to fix the hdcp 2.2 compatibility for the pro? I've got it running at 1.4 which is fine for games in 4k and hdr, but apps like Netflix are borked

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

blackguy32 posted:

I kind of binged on sidequests last night in FF 15 to get my experience up. After a while, I started hoarding XP to take advantage of the double xp bonus. I gained about 9 levels in one go.

You should be using the nixperience band as well as well as expericast magic to rapidly shoot up in level.

I learned about the magic too late in the game too abuse it, but FYI you need about 60k or more exp per level from 90 upwards and the enemies in the world map don't scale as you progress through the game. You'll have to go into high level dungeons for greater exp per kill.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I also beat all the bosses on Titan Souls. The one that frustrated me most was a big snowy totem face that fires lasers at you, it's been a while but you can knock out his teeth and make him zap himself? It took me a bunch of tries to even verify I was trying the right approach, and more to get it pixel-perfect. That and a boss that tries to pound you with fists, easy to see the goal but I had trouble nailing the timing.

I would've also found the final final secret boss frustrating but I got a bit lucky in one run and finished it on a fluke more than anything. Enjoyed the game in general but definitely have some frustrating memories that would make me reconsider playing it again.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Shadow225 posted:

Question: What is the cliff hanger that everyone complained about? I don't remember thinking that I needed another game to tie up anything really.

Titan Souls - Imagine a 2D Shadow of the Colossus that focused more on twitch pattern recognition and less on cinematics. I enjoy the idea of boss rush games. Bosses are the most interesting parts of video games, and everything in between the bosses is usually boring filler (shout out MGS: Revengeance). This game is solid. You have a button to run/dodge roll and a button to fire your single arrow. Once you fire your arrow, you can either go pick it up, or you can call it back to you. The only enemies in the game are the bosses. Each boss can be defeated by 1-2 well placed arrow shots, depending on the need to hit a weak spot to open up the target. You also die in one shot. The bosses have varied and interesting designs, which I appreciated. My only complaint is that nearly every boss uses tracking/input reading while also having additional attacks to dodge simultaneously. Nearly every boss is defeated by dodging the attack at the last second in a way that you are in position to dodge the protection attack and fire your arrow in <1 second. It gets annoying dealing with such heavy input tracking. Some boss fights turned into aI manipulation rather than pattern recognition as a result, if that makes sense? Also, some hit boxes I felt were a little spotty due to the way that perspective played out in a 2D space. Otherwise, I enjoyed the game. It has some really stellar pixel art and music.

What is everyone's favorite and least favorite bosses? My favorite was the magma ball that you had to pull with your arrow toward the bomb. That was a great way to play with design space.. My least favorite were the two bosses I had to look up:the skull with two maces and the Image of the Titan Soul. The skull just did not register arrows that I felt should hit his weak spot. The Image was just really dumb design. The tracking was so bad it was hitting me mid dodge roll. Thematically, the idea of using your arrow was cool, but it is pretty dumb to punish you further for missing when the game already punishes you through its mechanics. Also, jumping out of its' soul armor felt random. Every other boss is predicated on knowing where the weak spot will pop up after its attack sequence. I could never predict where this one would be until I watched a video. Just really frustrating design. I had a much easier time with Truth than image.

I would like to know how I stack up against other people who beat the game for the first time. I beat all 19 bosses with about 227 deaths and 2.5 hours.

It was well-made, but it had a couple of problems. It can be really hard to tell whether what you're trying to do is supposed to work or not. Between the really tight timing and the inability to partially damage a boss you don't get a lot of feedback, which sent me to walkthroughs more than once. I also wish they had eliminated making you run back to the boss from the spawn point- you even see it save when you start a boss encounter, there was no reason for that wasted time on every retry. An overhead map would also have been nice.

I would make the same complaint about the final boss and also the archer guy- almost every other boss lets you control or at least anticipate the moment and location where it becomes vulnerable, those two don't and all you have is luck and reflexes.

I also got all 19, but with way more deaths over maybe 5 hours. The secret boss I didn't find very hard, other than the super-tight timing in the first phase what was to be done was usually clear and easy to pull off.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Shadow225 posted:

Hi, I've played some games recently.

Gravity Rush Remastered - I beat this a few months ago, but I never got around to posting about it. A previous poster likened it to a quirky Dreamcast game, which I think is apt. You are a mysterious anime girl who is thrust into a flying city. You eventually learn that you have the power to shift gravity, so you can choose which way you fall. You go around helping town folk until the anime plot decides to kick in. The world has an interesting feel to it, and the art style really pulls everything together. I especially liked the comic panel presentation of most cut scenes. My complaints are two fold. First, the game is a bit too long for what it is. The main plot takes a minute to get started, and it feels like there is some unnecessary padding. The gameplay loop just doesn't need to be stretched out over 10+ hours. The second is that at a certain point, mainly a boss, the combat got really frustrating. Your main combat trick is a gravity kick, which is a homing kick you initiate while floating. This is your only constant attack against airborne enemies (you have some simple punching combos on the ground along with a gravity sliding attack if you really want) barring super moves. The issue is that the homing capability is spotty against moving targets...which is the point of having a homing attack. Imagine trying to use a homing attack and missing for 10+ minutes in a boss fight with no other options. The game ended on a solid note, though I was so fed up with the combat that I was ready to shelf the game.

Question: What is the cliff hanger that everyone complained about? I don't remember thinking that I needed another game to tie up anything really.

I don't know if I'd describe the ending to Gravity Rush as a cliffhanger; it's more that the story just kinda abruptly ends without resolving some plot threads.

As for the combat, I generally agree, but also think it's worth mentioning that you appear to have completely forgotten Kat can throw objects as projectile weapons, and that's a really good way to attack those annoying mobile, flying enemies. The bigger issue with using that attack is that sometimes it's just not available though; the long climb through that column is a good example of when you might want to use it but probably can't.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Quantum of Phallus posted:

My voice problem with Geralt is that first time I played it, I thought he sounded (to me) really like the titular character from Xavier: Renegade Angel, a weird CGI show that was on Adult Swim years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rwPPrxjqKY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye_iob2MwGw

rabidsquid posted:

i very much love the last of us remastered, but it's starts sorta slow and i have to warn you that the shooting feels kind of bad until you can upgrade it the first time. also the game tries to trick you into thinking bricks are for throwing at people but its a supremely powerful melee weapon and you can use them to kill clickers. always be brickin'

i think you will like it and hope you enjoy it, maybe we can do some multiplayer if its not dead and you're down. provided i am not confused and you're big boswell that i used to play league with.

TLoU multi will never die.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Shadow225 posted:

Hi, I've played some games recently.

Gravity Rush Remastered - I beat this a few months ago, but I never got around to posting about it. A previous poster likened it to a quirky Dreamcast game, which I think is apt. You are a mysterious anime girl who is thrust into a flying city. You eventually learn that you have the power to shift gravity, so you can choose which way you fall. You go around helping town folk until the anime plot decides to kick in. The world has an interesting feel to it, and the art style really pulls everything together. I especially liked the comic panel presentation of most cut scenes. My complaints are two fold. First, the game is a bit too long for what it is. The main plot takes a minute to get started, and it feels like there is some unnecessary padding. The gameplay loop just doesn't need to be stretched out over 10+ hours. The second is that at a certain point, mainly a boss, the combat got really frustrating. Your main combat trick is a gravity kick, which is a homing kick you initiate while floating. This is your only constant attack against airborne enemies (you have some simple punching combos on the ground along with a gravity sliding attack if you really want) barring super moves. The issue is that the homing capability is spotty against moving targets...which is the point of having a homing attack. Imagine trying to use a homing attack and missing for 10+ minutes in a boss fight with no other options. The game ended on a solid note, though I was so fed up with the combat that I was ready to shelf the game.

The entire last act of the game is cliffs hanging off from other cliffs. The world is being dreamed up by God inhabiting the body of a little girl maybe who's also interested Kat probably because she's a refugee from the uppermost layer of the world presumably and Kat's cat is a highly advanced form of the Nevi apparently and the end of the game literally has the main villain speaking vague villainous plans to a sinister unseen third party over a god damned speakerphone.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

I am indeed that BigBoswell. I forget if I still have you on PSN, but I would totally jam with you. I'm moving this weekend, so it may be a bit before I'm up and running with stability, but let's get it in and complain about Riot.

TheCenturion posted:

Same thing with the ending; it's been done before, though it was done exceedingly well here, specifically. I liked how Prompto's photography hobby wound up playing into it.

I thought that this ending was my favorite variation of the Christ-like 'Messiah must die' ending. The photograph was such a nice touch and I was literally tearing up. I was surprised at how macabre the scene with Luna, Regis, and two others I couldn't distinguish were hanging from the tree. Definitely thrown off by that.. I normally don't check them in games, but I think this game would have benefitted from a Codex of some sort. I probably won't even try to 100% it as I don't care for open world games, and I still have MGSV and Witcher 3: Complete to finish in that area.

Electromax posted:

I also beat all the bosses on Titan Souls. The one that frustrated me most was a big snowy totem face that fires lasers at you, it's been a while but you can knock out his teeth and make him zap himself? It took me a bunch of tries to even verify I was trying the right approach, and more to get it pixel-perfect. That and a boss that tries to pound you with fists, easy to see the goal but I had trouble nailing the timing.

I would've also found the final final secret boss frustrating but I got a bit lucky in one run and finished it on a fluke more than anything. Enjoyed the game in general but definitely have some frustrating memories that would make me reconsider playing it again.

The thing that annoyed me about the snow boss was him hiding his weak spot after you exposed it. The fight felt padded after that. He at least didn't regrow teeth, which was a welcome change from bosses where you had to reveal and hit the weak spot in a matter of seconds.

haveblue posted:

It was well-made, but it had a couple of problems. It can be really hard to tell whether what you're trying to do is supposed to work or not. Between the really tight timing and the inability to partially damage a boss you don't get a lot of feedback, which sent me to walkthroughs more than once. I also wish they had eliminated making you run back to the boss from the spawn point- you even see it save when you start a boss encounter, there was no reason for that wasted time on every retry. An overhead map would also have been nice.

I would make the same complaint about the final boss and also the archer guy- almost every other boss lets you control or at least anticipate the moment and location where it becomes vulnerable, those two don't and all you have is luck and reflexes.

I also got all 19, but with way more deaths over maybe 5 hours. The secret boss I didn't find very hard, other than the super-tight timing in the first phase what was to be done was usually clear and easy to pull off.

That's a good way to sum it up. Your reflexes have to be REALLY GOOD to hit the shots on those two bosses. I just happened to nail the Knight quicker. I had the same issue with the secret boss. I fired so many arrows that I felt should have been hits, but they bounced off of him. It also took me a minute to get him cenetered in the room. The other stages were annoying because the homing duders were faster than your running speed, and there were a lot of them. The second stage became especially difficult if you didn't one cycle it. Other than the fact that it had 3 stages, I don't even know if it would be a top 5 boss as far as difficulty for me.

Good game, just wish that it didn't rely on tracking that much.

King of Solomon posted:

I don't know if I'd describe the ending to Gravity Rush as a cliffhanger; it's more that the story just kinda abruptly ends without resolving some plot threads.

As for the combat, I generally agree, but also think it's worth mentioning that you appear to have completely forgotten Kat can throw objects as projectile weapons, and that's a really good way to attack those annoying mobile, flying enemies. The bigger issue with using that attack is that sometimes it's just not available though; the long climb through that column is a good example of when you might want to use it but probably can't.

I didn't actually know you could do that. The flying guys didn't give me just a whole lot of trouble; that was mainly reserved for Nushi.

I apparently either forgot, repressed, or brushed over a lot of those plot points. I should have taken like a week off after the above boss fight, but I just wanted to clear the game.

Shadow225 fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jan 11, 2017

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

ABZÛ game worth $20? I heard you folks comparing it to Journey. Does that mean it has co-op with randoms poo poo or there is no dialogue?

poo poo looks purdy.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Housh posted:

ABZÛ game worth $20? I heard you folks comparing it to Journey. Does that mean it has co-op with randoms poo poo or there is no dialogue?

poo poo looks purdy.

$20 is a stretch. There's none of the multiplayer stuff of Journey, which was half its appeal, and the rest of it really is just Journey but underwater. The stages hit all the same beats and everything.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Housh posted:

poo poo looks purdy.

No its bad. Pretty but very bad. Imagine journey but all the feels are really stupid and all the fun is really lame.

Music is good too.

No online

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

No its bad. Pretty but very bad. Imagine journey but all the feels are really stupid and all the fun is really lame.

Music is good too.

No online

I think I paid $12 for Abzu and felt like I overpaid.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah gently caress that. I'll wait until that month that it goes on plus with Knack.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

You can ride a whale though.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Pfft...I got Trico.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Shadow225 posted:

Furi - I really wanted to like this game. It's a boss rush game that switches between melee segments and bullet hell esque segments. Each boss has like 6 stages with multiple health bars. You get 3 lives per boss, and each stage of the boss you beat replenishes your current life and another life. The style of the game is really cool, minus the dude with rabbit head. I'm not sure why that edge lord existed. I beat the first boss, which took like 20-30 minutes. I gave up on the second boss. I'm sure I could have beaten it if I tried more, but I was frustrated with the way that lives work in the game. If your health bar is depleted, you restart the stage you are on. That's better than restarting the entire boss, but it is still annoying to restart such a long segment. If you lose all of your lives, you have to restart the entire boss. You can't save mid boss, so it's all or nothing. If you're going to have a life system, at least do me the favor of not refilling the boss's health. The life system seems arbitrary. We haven't been in the 8/16 bit days in 20 years; there is no need to erase progress like that. I would like to say I could return to this, but I have a pretty large backlog.

I can understand not having the patience to continue on, but imo the way it works is crucial for the kind of game it is. It's a game that very much expects you to master each boss in order to complete it which is why it doesn't give you freebies like that. I recommend watching an LP of it (there was a good subtitled one done here) if you don't plan on going back to it, boss designs/fights/the cutscene stuff is all incredibly cool.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Interrupting your practice every 3 deaths is still really bad.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Abzu was worth playing but I wouldn't pay more than 10 bux for it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I liked abzu but yea it's not journey. the story is just kinda there. at least you get to be bffs with a great white shark, just like I always wanted when I was a small child. now I just need to befriend a t-rex and I'm set

RBA Starblade posted:

I thought that that was actually just bullshit anti-witcher propaganda in the books and the games.

no, it's a real thing

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
So uh, it's been awhile since I played Assassin's Creed 2, but was it always a 50/50 chance that Ezio plummets to his death like a loving doof instead of performing a leap of faith?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Housh posted:

Pfft...I got Trico.

Me, on Trico's back: Forward, my companion!

Trico: *stares at a butterfly for seven hours*

I kid because I love my big dumb catdogbird

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

DrNutt posted:

So uh, it's been awhile since I played Assassin's Creed 2, but was it always a 50/50 chance that Ezio plummets to his death like a loving doof instead of performing a leap of faith?

I know in the more recent games I definitely wait until the tooltip/prompt appears. No seamless leap from a running start. Not sure if that text appears at all or as often in the older games.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So uh, does watch dogs 2 ever end? I've been playing this game for a month and I seriously have no idea how much is left. Last mission I did was the robot factory.

lol this game is so long.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

veni veni veni posted:

So uh, does watch dogs 2 ever end? I've been playing this game for a month and I seriously have no idea how much is left. Last mission I did was the robot factory.

There aren't a lot of main missions left at that point, the last one has several parts to it though.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Lobok posted:

I know in the more recent games I definitely wait until the tooltip/prompt appears. No seamless leap from a running start. Not sure if that text appears at all or as often in the older games.

Yeah there's no prompt after the first couple times you do it, at least from what I've seen. But I've definitely had a lot of times where I am pointed at the hay stack, push the buttons, and Ezio just jumps awkwardly and falls to his death, usually just to the right or left of the hay. It's really weird.

pairofdimes
May 20, 2001

blehhh

mycot posted:

Gravity Rush's ending is less of a cliffhanger and more that it doesn't resolve any of the questions it brought up throughout the game.

As someone who also beat it a couple months ago, I've been mulling on making a list just for the hell of it (and maybe coming back to it to see if the developers are honest about coming back to these in the sequel).

* The stuff about Dusty being a benevolent Nevi
* The implication in general about the Nevi not always being violent.
* Everything to do with Alias (and who could he possibly be that would cause Kat to reel back in horror)
* The EVER EXPANDING OCEAN OF DARKNESS. That's still a thing.

This is generous and not including obvious sequel hooks.

From the Ars Technica review of the sequel, it sounds like they answer pretty much everything, to the degree that it seemed like the developers were told they weren't going to get any more games to reveal stuff in.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Housh posted:

poo poo looks purdy.

I think I liked it more than most people because I really like fish/sea animals and that game has the coolest portrayals of marine life I've ever seen . I can't deny that the structure felt a little stale coming off of Journey, though, especially since I had just played that for the first time a couple months before

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

veni veni veni posted:

How much side stuff have you done? Watch Dogs 2 is going to be the first in my New Open World Paradigm where I only do story missions and side quests that seem unique

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

How much side stuff have you done? Watch Dogs 2 is going to be the first in my New Open World Paradigm where I only do story missions and side quests that seem unique

That's actually most of the game. For once Ubisoft opted to make actual side missions instead of just side activities, so most everything has unique character interactions. There are some races and online co-op missions you can ignore and the usual assortment of collectables but there's not a lot of pointless activities like the first game had.

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.

veni veni veni posted:

You're like literally right at the end. You got like two main story missions left. Which is a shame because I'm going to miss invading your game and hacking you.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The first time Trico grabs you as you jump across a chasm in slo mo in TLG 😭😭😭😭

So good

e: and then you grab his tail!!!!!!!

😭😭😭thank you Ueda

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jan 12, 2017

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Idgi did people hate the PS3 controller or what.

i rarely had a chance to pay with the PS3 controller, but whenever i did, my issue was that it felt too light and cheap

i got a ps4 last month and im not having any issues with the DS4 and it looks like not a lot changed between it and the DS3 so i don't know :shrug:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This is exactly how I play every open world game. I never do poo poo that doesn't interest me. It still feels like its way longer than say, GTA 5 but my view might be skewed because I've done quite a but of MP and it doesn't really hook me for extended sessions like GTA 5 did. I usually quit after an hour or 2. It still feels crazy long though. there are ton of main story missions. On top of that I;ve probably only done half of the side missions I have run into and there are plenty I havent found.

SamuraiPaul posted:

You're like literally right at the end. You got like two main story missions left. Which is a shame because I'm going to miss invading your game and hacking you.

Well, hit me up and we can get in hacking wars whenever. Although I may trade it in to get TLG I'm not sure yet.

RE hacking: As much as I enjoy hacking it's kind of a bummer they didn't really try to do anything new with it after the first game. It's fun but it's so half baked it's almost always better to do something boring, like hiding vs. really trying to screw with someone. It's actually a step back because the first game had retaliation and they removed it for some inexplicable reason. It's still fun but it had so much potential.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jan 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

PenguinKnight posted:

i rarely had a chance to pay with the PS3 controller, but whenever i did, my issue was that it felt too light and cheap

i got a ps4 last month and im not having any issues with the DS4 and it looks like not a lot changed between it and the DS3 so i don't know :shrug:

There's a massive difference between DS3 and 4, I have both beside me. You're right, the DS3 does feel cheap. It's basically a slightly better, wireless version of the DS2, which was in turn not that big a change from the PS1 controller.

The 4 is much bigger, triggers are nicer and the grips are a lot longer. The only disadvantage it as over the 3 is that the DS3 had a massively better battery life.