Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Ramadu posted:

Lmao at the idea of England trying to shame anyone's food get the h*ck outta here with that nonsense smh

our food is fine tbh, it's an old cliche that hasn't applied to us since the 80s probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

As a result of the inevitable consequences of getting rear-ended by a scumbag in Atlanta, I might very seriously end up getting a NEW YARIS lmao.

This thread has consumed me.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Beet Wagon posted:

As a result of the inevitable consequences of getting rear-ended by a scumbag in Atlanta, I might very seriously end up getting a NEW YARIS lmao.

invest your money in star citizen instead, more practical imo.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beet Wagon posted:

well look at mr big potatos over here

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Mr.Tophat posted:

Sick filth but I appreciate your journalistic drive to deliver food related truths, I hope you find some brown sauce to assuage you in your future bacon endeavours

They call it A1 Steak sauce and slather it on defenceless beef.

Goobs posted:

Will there be Sex Robots in Star Citizen? Asking for a friend.

I'll be RPing a sex robot.

Fisto.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

"That guy is a serious baller!"

"How can you tell?"

"Uh... do you not see his dope new Yaris? I bet that guy owns tons of spaceship pictures."

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

I think cig should take a page from your book

Instead of selling the best and biggest new ships all the time , why can't they sell a reasonable and economical space ship

Introducing the aegis Taris

OR now with lti , the 1995 Londa Fivic (tachometer extra)

It would really resonate with the backers , since that's all they can afford in real life after dumping all their money into CIG

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

been paid shilling for derek

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
The picture does look weird, now that you mention it.

However, I think they modified it to make Chris and Erin look younger, but that's it. I would pity the pudgy intern that had to dress as Chris for a fake picture.

If I was a big shot of a company with zero accountability and unlimited money and time, I would fly around my multiple offices all the time. I love traveling as often as possible, so I totally see value in that meeting.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
The only value of that meeting was the photoshop it spawned

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

I got me a big gently caress-off 50" 4k monitor today :smuggo:

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

#incarcerateDerekSmartandLowtax has got to be the funniest thing I've seen all year.

Does he mean, like, both together in the same prison cell?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Now I'm gonna break it in by doing a Wing Commander Movie marathon

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Brutal... definitely the worst kind of electricity.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

By which I mean running as far and as long as I can from the Wing Commander Movie

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

By which I mean running as far and as long as I can from the Wing Commander Movie

see you in ten.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Looking closer again: the pictures behind Chris are hung cock-eyed, and the scale of him and Erin against everyone else just looks off. There's nothing to indicate this was taken with a fisheye or other distorting lens. To me it does look like a bad photoshop.

e: perspective was the other word I was looking for. Especially with the pictures on the wall.

and

peter gabriel posted:

The only value of that meeting was the photoshop it spawned

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
What was probably there originally was the monitor for that keyboard-mouse setup, actually.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Colostomy Bag posted:

They need a Junior financial assistant though. Probably to plow through the refund queue.

CIG keeps hiring Senior financial people, but they take one look at the books and quit. Hopefully someone with less experience at spotting a con will stick around longer.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

peter gabriel posted:

our food is fine tbh, it's an old cliche that hasn't applied to us since the 80s probably

Microwaves and Lean Cuisine has been a godsend for the isles.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Looking closer again: the pictures behind Chris are hung cock-eyed, and the scale of him and Erin against everyone else just looks off. There's nothing to indicate this was taken with a fisheye or other distorting lens. To me it does look like a bad photoshop.

e: perspective was the other word I was looking for. Especially with the pictures on the wall.

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXypyrutq_M

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I do feel kinda bad for Erin in that pic

*flies across Atlantic and continental US, gets jetlagged as gently caress*

*has to just sit and listen to his dickhead brother shoot his mouth off*

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

*waves hands around

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

lol dude, just lol.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
The saddest part is I don't think CIG has a company jet just yet. Maybe Chris should buy one of the Concordes and work his magic on it

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
CIG? In charge of something that has to fly?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

The saddest part is I don't think CIG has a company jet just yet. Maybe Chris should buy one of the Concordes and work his magic on it

They would give it to him for free just to be a part of this amazing journey :allears:

Didn't they have an actual Concorde at one of their cons hanging over the audience? (someone mistook it for a prop spaceship)

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Do you think Ben has taken a solid poo poo since 9/11?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Can we fit in wtfsaurus strangling a lady somewhere?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbalIEXgWko

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Ayn Marx posted:

Can we fit in wtfsaurus strangling a lady somewhere?

And either a thargoid or Braben.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

To be quite honest, even if Chris took all $141 mil, he would not have enough to own a private jet with the cost of a full time staff and maintenance and it would swallow him alive. I am surprised he hasn't tried to buy into one of those shared ownership jets though, just because I want to see how the backers would try and justify it.

http://www.pjsgroup.com/aviation-news/charter-vs-fractional-jet-ownership/

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

(Funny)

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ya poor guy gets paid to do almost as little as his brother

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

DapperDon posted:

To be quite honest, even if Chris took all $141 mil, he would not have enough to own a private jet with the cost of a full time staff and maintenance and it would swallow him alive. I am surprised he hasn't tried to buy into one of those shared ownership jets though, just because I want to see how the backers would try and justify it.

http://www.pjsgroup.com/aviation-news/charter-vs-fractional-jet-ownership/

Agreed , owning a private jet costs way more than the initial outlay of 10s of millions, monthly costs can be between 20-100k easily , just to have the plane sitting in a hanger. And that's using an FBO'S existing support services

But I bet dollars to donuts Chris has chartered a private jet at least 3 times in the past year (which depending on where he was flying and for how long he stayed could easily be 20-30k a flight

Follow the photographic evidence sandi keeps tweeting , her pictures hold the clues to it all and she doesn't even realize it

(Hint always remember not to leave things lying around in plain sight)

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLsZ-PsZtL4

:gary:

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Sure are a lot of Lead and Senior openings for a project that has been going for 5 years.

Weird.

:krust:

Senior generally just means 5+ years of experience for most IT/FinTech/GameDev jobs. It's pretty normal for companies to have more senior than junior/vanilla/associate openings. Take a look at Blizzard (https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings) or Atlassian (https://www.atlassian.com/company/careers/all-jobs).

What I do find weird is the '3D Vehicle Artist' position. That's an oddly specific way to put it. And the second-from-top responsibility bullet point is hilarious:

CIG Job Listing posted:

Responsibilities

• Working from concept models and images turn them in fully functioning and flyable works of art – the work is both exteriors and mainly interiors.
  • Collaborate with designers, technical artists, and partner studios to understand and implement correct file naming, and directory structure requirements within the engine’s and game’s limitations.
  • As part of a team, maintain the high standards of modelling, texturing, PBR material creation and manufacturer design cues to provide consistent and high quality models.
  • Work with technical artists and animators to deliver ‘animation’ ready solutions, landing gear, cockpits, cargo doors, ejection seats.

Huh?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

HycoCam posted:

Microwaves and Lean Cuisine has been a godsend for the isles.

Amen, and when we get adventurous and go for American cuisine Mcdonalds is quick and convenient

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Mr.Tophat posted:

The Final Pledge involves facing your inner demons and denying that anything is the matter while you dehydrate in the desert heat and fending off vultures with your CIG door pass. The lucky ones hallucinate a cockpit, which clips into a oasis. What a feature! An oasis! Not just an oasis, one that is literally a vision.

The unlucky ones hear every um and ah that Crobberts ever uttered to the rising crescendo of air horns.

walrus poet is credit to team

:justpost: