Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
"strap on." nearly lost my poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I'd have loled too, good poo poo OP :krust:

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Whoa! :eyepop:

It took drat near 12 years but I feel I finally got my money's worth joining these forums

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord
Send this thread to the goldmine please. Spanks in Advance (SIA)

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Sounds like you had a Freudian dick

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

That's loving hilarious OP

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I think that everytime I hear 2pac's music. He's all 'my brotha's gonna get dey STRAP ON' and I'm all WHOA PAUSE

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
We broke a snap-on at work once and needed a quick replacement so a copy got machined and we engraved snap-off on it! haha!!!

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

Jimmy Hats posted:

We broke a snap-on at work once and needed a quick replacement so a copy got machined and we engraved snap-off on it! haha!!!

:chanpop:

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
12mm 1/4" socket- $200

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
That shirt was probably like $100 op

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nooner posted:

I'd have loled too, good poo poo OP :krust:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

shoophobo posted:

12mm 1/4" socket- $200

Does anyone outside auto mechanics use these tools?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I call them "snap off" because they are garbage and they break op

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

shoophobo posted:

That shirt was probably like $100 op

Does the shirt come with lifetime replacement too?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

shovelbum posted:

I was feeling smug about using Proto and getting a bargain but then I looked up what Proto actually costs and welp I am a sucker who is overpaying for tools too (not my money).

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
We're all about TEKTON brand tools in Gbs these days op please get current

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I put "snap-on" into Amazon and Holy poo poo! $30,000 tool set (free shipping with Prime, thank god).
https://www.amazon.com/Williams-WSC...eywords=snap+on

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Mechanics refer to snap on as strap on because he's constantly loving you. But he's there every Wednesday rain or shine, unlike the cheeses competitors.

I personally enjoy proudly proclaiming "nope! Don't need poo poo today Jeff! Nope don't care about your promos! Nope!"

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Snap On is not bad but way overpriced. The Snap On guy will come 'round every week in his truck and those with a fetish will buy overpriced tools without question. I know some people who've spent 60 grand over the course of two or three years on Snap On crap and they wear nothing but Snap On branded shirts and coats.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Tarkus posted:

Snap On is not bad but way overpriced. The Snap On guy will come 'round every week in his truck and those with a fetish will buy overpriced tools without question. I know some people who've spent 60 grand over the course of two or three years on Snap On crap and they wear nothing but Snap On branded shirts and coats.

They're not just tools; they're a lifestyle.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Kuato posted:

Spanks in Advance (SIA)

lol!!

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

shovelbum posted:

gas guys, plumbers, other trades. but no generally a non-professional would be better suited with the cheapest taiwan kit money can buy

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

When my dad died I ended up going through his tools and replaced half my 5-10 year old poo poo with way better quality versions from the 70s :911:

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

gas guys, plumbers, other trades. but no generally a non-professional would be better suited with the cheapest taiwan kit money can buy

gently caress that I'd spend more replacing poo poo.
Bahco do a reasonably priced socket range that's OK.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Skeleton Ape posted:

When my dad died I ended up going through his tools and replaced half my 5-10 year old poo poo with way better quality versions from the 70s :911:

Nice! Your dad should die more often

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

The Dregs posted:

I put "snap-on" into Amazon and Holy poo poo! $30,000 tool set (free shipping with Prime, thank god).

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The Dregs posted:

What is the most expensive thing on Amazon?

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
Snap-On memorabilia, shirts, clocks and poo poo is Disney crap for middle-aged guys, but their hand tools are pretty good if you use the stuff every day to earn your living.

You're paying a highly inflated price, but you're actually paying for a guy to come to your place of work every week and replace broken poo poo, sometimes multiple times over decades. Sure, Craftsman is also warranted for life, but who wants to gather your busted poo poo together, traipse down to a dying mall and find out that the moribund Sears is out of half the poo poo you broke. And Craftsman stuff nowadays isn't much better than Harbor Freight, quality-wise.

However, most of Snap-On's non-hand tools aren't even made by them and don't have a lifetime warranty and you'd have to be insane to pay that kind of money. People do, though, you could slap a Snap-on label on a dog turd and some guy will pay $15/week for it.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
sweet sassy molassey

snap me in

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

i'm the owner owner owner of a fragrant little boner

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

i'm the owner owner owner of a fragrant little boner
i hope you brought enough for the entire class <:mad:>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

numberoneposter posted:

i hope you brought enough for the entire class <:mad:>

yeah if some of you don't mind sharing