Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Max posted:

How's the throw?

I actually used the $40 to help buy some Christmas gifts for my dad, neither of which was a throw :shobon:

I did get him a funny t-shirt and a copper knee sleeve tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
We welcome chic trombone to the game! We only wish that there was a chic trombone player too. Jazz, man

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Well this has been a super interesting evening, but it's time for me to turn in for the night.

I have seen scum games from quite a few posters and can't wait to start making meta calls that everyone will ignore, but y'all fuckers (and I suppose myself included) aren't posting very much.

Here's to an eventful and productive tomorrow! Cheers!

awk post

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Did Tobbs used to be named something else or have I not played with him before

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Chic Trombone posted:

Did Tobbs used to be named something else or have I not played with him before

way back when we were just a king of most cosmos, Tobbs was Adahn

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Kashuno posted:

way back when we were just a king of most cosmos, Tobbs was Adahn

Still don't think I played with him, my mafia career over the last couple years has been p sparse tbh

preview edit: yep checked votefinder never played w/ the guy before, huh. he still feels kinda stilted to me but idk if that's normal for him or not

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'll be done posting after this, unless I get invited back in.

Just gonna go on record that this was an absolutely genuinely lovely thing to do from a mod perspective.

I did not request to be subbed out.
I was actively participating in this game.
I was enjoying this game.
I had been keeping my promise to not poo poo post
I was using today to sit back and watch the thread and observe the way players were interacting.

I honestly thought this was in retaliation for the joke posting I was doing in the mafia thread
But instead EccoRaven was looking for my replacement BEFORE the jokes even started. <<Seriously have a look.

So yeah.
You replaced me out after I kept all my promises.

That's a super lovely thing to do to a player.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
stfu

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Infinitum posted:

I'll be done posting after this, unless I get invited back in.

Just gonna go on record that this was an absolutely genuinely lovely thing to do from a mod perspective.

I did not request to be subbed out.
I was actively participating in this game.
I was enjoying this game.
I had been keeping my promise to not poo poo post
I was using today to sit back and watch the thread and observe the way players were interacting.

I honestly thought this was in retaliation for the joke posting I was doing in the mafia thread
But instead EccoRaven was looking for my replacement BEFORE the jokes even started. <<Seriously have a look.

So yeah.
You replaced me out after I kept all my promises.

That's a super lovely thing to do to a player.

The initial "looking for replacement" that that post is for was for Absurd Revolver just, fyi

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

also take it to the discussion thread at this point imo, if want to continue down this line

i don't neccessarily disagree w/u but this is probably no longer the place for it

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Chic Trombone posted:

also take it to the discussion thread at this point imo, if want to continue down this line

i don't neccessarily disagree w/u but this is probably no longer the place for it

we ~agree~

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

reading through i've got a Vibe about pera but nothing to really substantiate it

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Chic Trombone posted:

reading through i've got a Vibe about pera but nothing to really substantiate it

It's her PR that doesn't really add anything substantial.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Certainly wasn't expecting to come back to all that

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

we agree if you are going to post like a weirdo at least substantiate with mystical content!

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Max posted:

that and her posting has been p much entirely "can someone post the cases for me k thx"

which usually pings as scummy for me (though i admit in the past i've been guilty of it myself as town, so, yeah)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Chic Trombone I'll give you my hot takes and help get you up to speed but first I am watching the music video to my favorite song, BULLETPROOF.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm watching my favorite film, THE GODFATHER

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Next I'll continue by playing MAFIA THREE

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I am a PRINCESS COP

(am I doing this right?)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Max posted:

I am a PRINCESS COP

(am I doing this right?)

Yes.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Had some unforeseen poo poo come up but I'll post catch-up stuff later tonight and early tomorrow morning

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

the only thing anyone needs to catch up on

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

those are indeed some bad posts and two bad votes

working my way through the popular convos

the FL push about breadcrumbing is pretty bad but I don't really know FL's game. seems more dumb than scum at the moment

reading Tobbs since he seems to be in a hot seat of sorts

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
CAUGHT UP and now for takes so hot they need a warning label to avoid a lawsuit

-Tobbs is town. I am a tobbs expert and he is tree this game.

-I do not like MMT's attempt to jam me up with the whole "oohhhhh I forgot moat was in the game" this makes me not feel so hot about her

-SSV is likely scum looking at his post history

-Kash's PR is annoying but I am getting town vibes from him

-pera needs to be stopped before she loses her mind like what is happening in poo poo talking chutes and ladders rn

-OMG reads as a new player bored without a PR trying to spice things up

-Chores is null for me right now

-TMM is on notice because if he continues in the fashion he is currently on without picking it up I am going to believe that this may be his scum game once again. Not sure yet; giving him time.

aaaaand now I will calmly wait in a state of zen meditation for bird to begin tunneling me.

namaste

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
oh and hey, I think this is a solid vote to push for participation

##vote TMM

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMM vote after all that is kinda weak but I like your reads.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Murmur Twin posted:

I dunno, I think he makes a valid point and I wouldn't be surprised if you're scum. What's your opinion of Tobbs?

Indifferent, leaning slightly towards scum because I don't like how he jumped on FL whose post seemed more dumb than scum.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Moatillata posted:

-pera needs to be stopped before she loses her mind like what is happening in poo poo talking chutes and ladders rn

namaste

"I do not claim any special powerful abilities whatsoever, indeed I am quite ineffectual... Dr. Pereau would always be very cross with me when I made a mistake. I wish very sincerely to resolve this matter quickly, in the hopes that we can successfully both catch the guilty culprits and return to our research.

Chic and I are well-acquainted - nice to see you again - and her points towards me are good. I will admit to a guilty disposition and a resting bitch-face. Despite regularly being innocent in these scenarios and guilty in games of a different nature. I return after an hour or two to hundreds of posts of bickering and it is very hard for me to parse. I am doing my best, though I recognize I am not offering much positive contribution."

(That said, doc switched me back to Xanax today sooooo my reading comprehension should get a boost tomorrowish. 21 players is a lot, jesus.

Regarding Chutes and Ladders, Moat, if you believe I remain sane after what you've already witnessed from me... I don't know what to tell you. Lost my mind was years ago.)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
okay, nevermind. I shouldn't try reading this game when I'm drunk.

Tobbs is highly suspicious, and his all "you gonna kill a townie, it gonna be me" sounds like a scum ploy to redirect votes.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:d: There are fewer than 24 hours left in the game day. (In fact there's only about 21 left now.)

:siren: If nobody has the required votes to be executed by the deadline, there will be no execution.

As an aside: I will use the metric of "has fewer posts than the moderator" to determine who I will prod once the night starts. As of this post I have 30 posts. Most players don't have that yet but I won't be posting much tomorrow except for the occasional votecount so you have plenty of time to catch up!

Prods are totally harmless though so don't be too worried either way.

Okay and break!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Tired Moritz posted:

okay, nevermind. I shouldn't try reading this game when I'm drunk.

Tobbs is highly suspicious, and his all "you gonna kill a townie, it gonna be me" sounds like a scum ploy to redirect votes.

imo you shouldn't try to read games at all until the playercount goes down a bit

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I'm watching my favorite film, THE GODFATHER

AHH! BREADCRUMB!

##vote Fisk

got some chores tonight posted:

oh and votefinder is actually broken maybe some1 should fix it or smth

It might have just not caught up on the latest posts yet. Refreshing the thread should usually catch it up.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Ok, down to business.

Pinterest Mom posted:

That vote on pera is a complete nonsequitur that you can't possibly have arrived at naturally.

This was after voting Max for voting pera, which was strange to me. pera's joke was based on a pregame thing that easily could have been looked over - it's pregame! Not to mention he immediately claims he's ok with a pera vote anyway, which, :psyduck::

Pinterest Mom posted:

Otoh there's a 0% chance I'm going to be reading any in-character posts so I'm down to kill pera

It's just weird! Like, that vote on Max wasn't exactly based on a huge thing, it had a really obvious explanation, and yet it's not until alllll the way after I blew up the thread by overanalyzing a dumb joke that he puts down...

Pinterest Mom posted:

##unvote
##vote tobbs gnawned

Why?

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'm good, thanks.

I mean, it didn't get left at that, but that's not a good initial reaction. Here's the actual reason, a few posts later after a prod:

Pinterest Mom posted:

lmao i'm not repeatedly emptyvoting

TG is jumping on a vote that's gaining traction with a specious made-up argument there's No Scummier Behaviour

For context, Tobbs came in and was talking about Pmom's lack of justification for votes between those last two posts. The weird thing is Tobbs wasn't even voting anyone during this time! In fact, [i]Tobbs never actually mentioned Pmom until after Pmom's vote[i], so this justification doesn't make any sense - unless Pmom was referring to a different Tobbs vote, in which case, that absolutely should have been explained, and wasn't. I'd vote him for this alone.

Okay, moving on:

Pinterest Mom posted:

i'm switching to ssv

this is the entirety of his game engagement - a one-line vote on someone who was already getting traction. v v lazy bandwagoning.

##unvote
##vote sirsamvines

"OMG, U S"

I mean, if you want to talk about traction, Keane mentioned something in that series of posts that stood out:

CCKeane posted:

So why vote SSV? Tobbs has momentum.

Max was the most recent vote on Pmom before SSV's vote. That was three pages earlier. It's almost exactly as much earlier as Slamburger's vote on Tobbs was before Pmom voted Tobbs, actually.

##unvote
##vote Pmom

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
We are feeling pmom and tobbs gnawed for scum. We feel it in our soul, like a child who knows their parents are headed for divorce. very sad.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

We are feeling pmom and tobbs gnawed for scum. We feel it in our soul, like a child who knows their parents are headed for divorce. very sad.

So you think they are just posturing when they snipe at each other?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

So you think they are just posturing when they snipe at each other?

We think so! If you check votefinder, you can see that once the Tobbs ball starts picking up people, Pmom immediately runs away with a pretty sad vote.

Pinterest Mom posted:

i'm switching to ssv

this is the entirety of his game engagement - a one-line vote on someone who was already getting traction. v v lazy bandwagoning.

##unvote
##vote sirsamvines

:cry:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I didn't think it was a sad vote.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

I didn't think it was a sad vote.

Why not?

I thought it was a curious vote when I first noticed it. And it was on my mind when I asked Kash if they were posturing at each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Why not?

I thought it was a curious vote when I first noticed it. And it was on my mind when I asked Kash if they were posturing at each other.

Mafia edit - a curious unvote of Tobbs/vote of SSV.

• Locked thread