Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Nyaa posted:

I am pretty sure the way the system work is you hitting that rare 1% for five stars and you have like 80% chance of getting the rate up of servant. Having ten rate up means it's like 8% to get the same servant again when you hit another 1%.

Yeah, but why would you keep rolling after getting the servant in the first place? Even with rate up, the chance of getting two 5* in a single 10-roll is insignificant. Like, if you absolutely had to hypothetically spend literally all your quartz on a single day and couldn't spend them on any other day, it would make sense to spend them on the all-limited rate-up day, but that isn't really the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Because np up increase the servant's np damage.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
How the gently caress is there not even a rerun until valentine's day, like are you kidding me

The new year was stacked with like three big things in the gacha and now one of the big loving money servants got dropped and they're like "Lol sorry guys still no events for january"

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Ytlaya posted:

Is there any good reason for someone to want to roll today instead of on the specific day of the servants they want?

If you missed your chance on Scathach, Ilya, Kintoki, or Ishtar's days?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

BlitzBlast posted:

If you missed your chance on Scathach, Ilya, Kintoki, or Ishtar's days?

Well, yeah, but I guess I meant "assuming you could freely choose which day to roll and weren't really busy on the day of your preferred servant."

But yeah I think the day makes perfect sense as a "just in case you missed the day you wanted" day.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
As excited as I am in seeing King hassan in the gacha, i don't think I'm going to attempt any serious rolling or whaling on him. Unless he falls onto my lap, my expenses are dedicated elsewhere this time around.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Oh boy, and the one class I desperatly need is assassin.

Of course I won't get it, I got Merlin and since then bunch of other 4 stars, so I'm sure my luck has depleted.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, but why would you keep rolling after getting the servant in the first place? Even with rate up, the chance of getting two 5* in a single 10-roll is insignificant. Like, if you absolutely had to hypothetically spend literally all your quartz on a single day and couldn't spend them on any other day, it would make sense to spend them on the all-limited rate-up day, but that isn't really the case.

Tell that to the man with 3 5* in a roll :smug:

Also I just misread and thought it was Musashi day

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

PunkBoy posted:

Oh, what shenanigans happened?

The business with folks getting charged but not actually getting Quartz during the New Year's Day rush. That's what we all got 10 apoloquartz for, and as a result, after the 11th Musashi, Gilgamesh, Void Shiki and Iskandar are all getting a single day of availability/rate-up, in that order, since on the first day of Musashi's availability in particular, a lot of folks couldn't roll when they wanted to.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Was this linked in here yet? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSdv9S-VTjk

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Has F/GO ever had a female -> male gender switch? Like Lady Murasaki becomes a servant or something but instead she's a really buff man.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

SpaceDrake posted:

The business with folks getting charged but not actually getting Quartz during the New Year's Day rush. That's what we all got 10 apoloquartz for, and as a result, after the 11th Musashi, Gilgamesh, Void Shiki and Iskandar are all getting a single day of availability/rate-up, in that order, since on the first day of Musashi's availability in particular, a lot of folks couldn't roll when they wanted to.

Ahhh. Gotta try it then!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The man is here

My wallet is not ready

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Wallets are for suckers. I'll take my EX rank Luck stat any day.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Is there any consensus on how good he is? He seems kinda so-so from what I could tell, but I'm also not exactly an expert on this game's mechanics so I can't tell. I like his character design, but not so much that I'd want to get him on that basis alone.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

Is there any consensus on how good he is? He seems kinda so-so from what I could tell, but I'm also not exactly an expert on this game's mechanics so I can't tell. I like his character design, but not so much that I'd want to get him on that basis alone.

I don't know about consensus, but I think his biggest problem is that he's an assassin. If he was a class with a better damage modifier he'd be amazing, but an assassin with a buster deck is kind of strange. Still his skills are pretty solid and he'll do his job (instant kills) really drat well.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Also he has amazing animations and a great sprite.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Man it is absurd how much damage Jack does to female servant Riders and Berserker. I can rely on at least 250k from the NP alone, and that was with overcharge at just 100%.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Tried again for Musashi. Still no drop. I give in, gacha. :negative:

(I got Saber Lancelot, and boy was I disappointed when the gold card revealed itself)

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jan 12, 2017

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Threw some quartz into the pot. Got Lancer Medusa. I am okay with this. I also thought 2+5 = 6 for some reason.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

PunkBoy posted:

Tried again for Musashi. Still no drop. I give in, gacha. :negative:

(I got Saber Lancelot, and boy was I disappointed when the gold card revealed itself)

Well, as far as 4* servants go he's pretty awesome! I think he's actually my favorite servant overall, despite the fact that I have quite a few 5* servants. It's just fun seeing such a direct connection between the use of his skills and huge damage numbers.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Fate-Strange-Fake/Vol-002-Ch-008?id=342810

Gil and Enkidu 'spar'

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
I look forward to Gil in this, he looks like he'll have a good time.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
When something says "increases performance by x%" (like for example Imaginary Around's 25% Quick performance) does that also mean that, using Imaginary Around as an example, star generation is increased by 25% (of what it was before, not an additive bonus of course*)? Or NP generation for Arts performance boost? Would Buster get both a 25% bonus to base damage and a 25% bonus to the extra bonus damage Buster cards do?

* So a 10% star generation servant would effectively have 12.5% generation with Quick cards?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I got King Nakata, now to be unable to ascend him because Babylon mats and no events until valentines

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

When something says "increases performance by x%" (like for example Imaginary Around's 25% Quick performance) does that also mean that, using Imaginary Around as an example, star generation is increased by 25% (of what it was before, not an additive bonus of course*)? Or NP generation for Arts performance boost? Would Buster get both a 25% bonus to base damage and a 25% bonus to the extra bonus damage Buster cards do?

* So a 10% star generation servant would effectively have 12.5% generation with Quick cards?

Yes, 'x performance' boosts the damage as well as the secondary effects of the card type (so quick cards generate stars easier, Arts cards generate more mana, and buster cards hit harder), which is why they're considered stronger than flat attack or damage buffs, despite usually only affecting a single type of card.
I'm not sure if Quick performance buffs can surpass the whole 2 x hitcount limit for stars though.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Is there any consensus on how good he is? He seems kinda so-so from what I could tell

You are correct.

His gimmick is that he's a heavy hitter for a prospective instant death team, it's just that instant death sorta blows. His only other claim to fame is having three Busters, which automatically moves him up in the world since that means he can benefit from Merlin's buff more than other Servants.

People have also reported success grinding Rider bosses with him since you can just get him solo and then somewhat consistently rely on his instant death triggering.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

Well, as far as 4* servants go he's pretty awesome! I think he's actually my favorite servant overall, despite the fact that I have quite a few 5* servants. It's just fun seeing such a direct connection between the use of his skills and huge damage numbers.

Yeah I looked him up and his skillset seems cool. And I am glad that I at least finally have another gold Saber besides Artoria.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wish I had gears to ascend my Lancelot

And pages for my Vlad and Medea Lily

And Assassin Monuments for the Big H

And plumes for skills

And an event for collecting any of these things and not spending my stamina grinding exp on servants I haven't touched in forever

Preferably before the Valentine's Day rerun

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
So apparently the Extra attack from a Quick/Arts/Buster Chain does more damage than the Extra attack if all the cards aren't the same. The wiki says it does 350% if the Brave Chain is also a Quick/Arts/Buster Chain but only 200% otherwise.

Also somehow I apparently was not aware of the first card having a huge effect on what the all the cards in the chain do. So, for example, a Buster card first in the chain increases the damage of all cards in the chain by 50%. This has some pretty big gameplay implications!

Noble Phantasms apparently do the same damage regardless of when they are in a chain (ignoring stuff like being in a chain with other NPs), while I had assumed they also did more damage if they were later in a chain.

Just figured I would mention these things in case anyone else also hadn't been aware of them.

By the way, has anyone ever determined how Arts Performance CEs compare with NP Generation+ ones? Since Arts Performance apparently also gives a bonus to the NP gain from Arts cards, I imagine that it is effectively similar to a certain % bonus to NP Generation (though differing somewhat due to NP Generation+ CEs also affecting the NP generated by Quick cards, though the vast majority of NP gain comes from Arts cards anyways).

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Hard to say, but higher damage does help art card generate more np. They are much more noticeable when stack on top of double gain bonus like Overkill or crit.

Edit: Kyle have the formula in his blog.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jan 13, 2017

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I've got a weird bug where all the free quests have a (1) icon despite all being completed. Not game-breaking or anything, but still annoying.

Also, please add more Interlude/Strengthening Quests. I want to use my low-star servants more.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Got another copy of Kirisassin :downs:

Zandracon
Oct 21, 2010
guda
https://twitter.com/gsc_kahotan/status/819743202018140160

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Missing the best part of that nendo:

quote:

the 'Stroking Arm' used to strengthen the bond to your servant. The 'Stroking Arm' makes use of a flexible material allowing you to move it around for all sorts of different situations.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Also the Dango event is getting a rerun from 1/18 to 1/25.

So that's, uh, something.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Okay yeah sure, that's something I guess.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

And Orion is getting an animation update with it. Can we hope for a multiple-hit Artes card?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

BlitzBlast posted:

What was the Dango event?

e: NVM, found it via google. Hrm, think they'll spruce up the mat drops?