Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Iron Fist is almost certainly going to be terrible, but I'd be willing to watch it if it weren't for one seemingly minor detail; the stupid-looking chest tattoo. I just can't get past it. It looks so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I wasn't that interested in Amazon's SNEAKY PETE, but after the first episode (from the creator of HOUSE) the show was rejigged with Graham Yost and other JUSTIFIED folks.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

American Horror Story has been picked up for two additional seasons beyond the season 7 already announced. Let's ride this to 2019!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

bull3964 posted:

American Horror Story has been picked up for two additional seasons beyond the season 7 already announced. Let's ride this to 2019!

America's Horror Story is gonna last until at least 2020

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

DrVenkman posted:

I wasn't that interested in Amazon's SNEAKY PETE, but after the first episode (from the creator of HOUSE) the show was rejigged with Graham Yost and other JUSTIFIED folks.

Sepinwall saw the whole first season and he really dug it.

quote:

Sneaky Pete [is] an excuse for [co-creator and Season 1 antagonist Bryan] Cranston, Yost, and company to let a small army of their actor friends come in and play — an actors’ workshop about a more criminal version of the profession...It’s not fancy, and it’s not new, but like Cranston whenever he would pop up on someone else’s show in the ’80s and ’90s, it’s better and more satisfying than is needed, or expected.

Sold.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Archer and Fargo are both coming back in April.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
He described Sneaky Pete as "A less violent Banshee or a more violent Impastor", and well those are two good rear end shows to be compared to.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mulva posted:

He described Sneaky Pete as "A less violent Banshee or a more violent Impastor", and well those are two good rear end shows to be compared to.

Holy poo poo, I forgot about Impastor, I remember the pilot being really quite good.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

precision posted:

America's Horror Story is gonna last until at least 2020

I really didn't like it after they made the change to reality show.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

precision posted:

Holy poo poo, I forgot about Impastor, I remember the pilot being really quite good.

It's great, everyone should have watched it, nobody did, so it only got 2 seasons and was cancelled last month.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Considering it was on TV Land, I'm surprised it even got a second season.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mulva posted:

It's great, everyone should have watched it, nobody did, so it only got 2 seasons and was cancelled last month.

Did it end on a cliffhanger?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Well this is disappointing: http://uproxx.com/sepinwall/taboo-tom-hardy-review-fx/

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Did it end on a cliffhanger?

Very much so, yeah.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Eh, I enjoyed it and so far everyone I've talked to that's watched it enjoyed it.

Then again, I could watch Tom Hardy and Jonathan Pryce dine on scenery 24/7.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I think those reviews are based on just the first couple episodes. Imagine reviewing The Wire or Spartacus based on the first two episodes.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I really like Man Seeking Woman

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bring back old gbs posted:

Jay Baruchel is awesome. Especially in Goon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rQzFOgdcu0

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This week's episode with all the Blue Bloods talk was so on point.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

precision posted:

Is this love/hate about Sherlock a real thing or a TVIV thing? I agree it's often flawed and has several outright "bad" episodes, but on the whole it's not worth hating is it? Really?

Watch season 3 and decide for yourself. Season 3 is bad, real bad.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I just found a glitch in the Matrix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs6UcgiDwg0

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

precision posted:

Is this love/hate about Sherlock a real thing or a TVIV thing? I agree it's often flawed and has several outright "bad" episodes, but on the whole it's not worth hating is it? Really?

I think the problem is that some episodes just fall completely flat. For instance, I liked both the wedding episode from last season and last weeks episode but the others around them fall between mediocre and boring. The writers are way too obsessed with twists and the directors over-complicate everything for the purposes of visual gimmicks. My favorite Sherlock episode is ironically the pilot and by that I don't mean the first episode. They re-shot the pilot with a higher budget and it actually became worse and more contrived despite having veritably the same actors and script.

It's frustrating to watch because the show clearly could be a lot better than it is if it'd just get its head out of its rear end.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Season 6 of Homeland starts Sunday night on Showtime, and the first episode is available on OnDemand right now.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Gonz posted:

Season 6 of Homeland starts Sunday night on Showtime, and the first episode is available on OnDemand right now.
Does anyone still care?

I saw a promo for it the other day and saw Carrie has a daughter now and I just laughed and laughed.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

She's had a kid for like 3 seasons now. It's a good 24 type show if that's what you're looking for. Lots of spies and drone bombings.

Also Tracy Letts, erudite playwright known for works like Killer Joe and August: Osage County, plays a hilariously evil senator on the show. Every one of his scenes are a joy.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Jan 13, 2017

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

"Take a picture of the food. Eating it is by far second."

No Eric Andre in that episode, sadly, but I like to think he was there in spirit with all those ranch dressing jokes.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Jan 13, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I gave up on it in Season 2 but everything I've heard says that once the show finally moved on past the original premise it rounded into a solid show. I find that believable since the flaw with it was always stringing out that one thing too long.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yeah as soon as they got rid of Brody's daughter it improved massively.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Does anyone still care?

I saw a promo for it the other day and saw Carrie has a daughter now and I just laughed and laughed.

Not only is it a baby, but it's a traitorous TERROR BABY.

Betrayal is within it's very DNA!

Also, Mandy Patinkin and F. Murray Abraham are rad as poo poo, as is Rupert Friend.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

get that OUT of my face posted:

No Eric Andre in that episode, sadly, but I like to think he was there in spirit with all those ranch dressing jokes.

I just hope that Ranch is legalized in our lifetimes.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Legalize pizza balls

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Gonz posted:

I just hope that Ranch is legalized in our lifetimes.

The worst part about a Trump presidency is that 311 will never be fully investigated.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I think you missed the last episode where they did

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

Legalize pizza balls

Ramadan Steve would never allow it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Unfortunate Events is boss. Watch it. NPH chews scenery like a beaver.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rocksicles posted:

It's so good. I'm two episodes in and it's everything I could've wanted

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I fell asleep before the second episode ended, this is really not working for me for some reason. :confused:

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

I thought the premiere of Taboo was great. If the rest is equally interesting then it will be a wonderful show. I really like Hardy; I think he can say more with a grunt and a shrug than most actors can with an entire dialogue.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Rocksicles posted:

It's the dumbest possible show in the best way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

radical meme posted:

I thought the premiere of Taboo was great. If the rest is equally interesting then it will be a wonderful show. I really like Hardy; I think he can say more with a grunt and a shrug than most actors can with an entire dialogue.

Hardy is great; there's a moment towards the end of the episode where things turn sour and everybody in the room looks loving terrified of him. He's got the barely restrained rage of Olyphant's Deadwood character down pat.

• Locked thread