Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Takoluka posted:

I have it backed up somewhere, I think.

Awesome. Would love it if you could upload it somewhere or share it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

My favourite Miku song I've played so far is Look This Way, Baby.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Wendell posted:

My favourite Miku song I've played so far is Look This Way, Baby.

I love "Miracle Paint" and "Freely Tomorrow".

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

zenintrude posted:

Seriously considering popping on GameStop's trade in deal of $175 for a PS4 toward a PS4 Pro.

Does anyone have a list of the things I need to do in order to deactivate, deauthorize, and basically wipe this thing before I hand it over to GameStop?

yeah the list is deactivate/deauthorize, and wipe the thing

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

ethanol posted:

yeah the list is deactivate/deauthorize, and wipe the thing

:thumbsup:

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I backed my entire drive before hand on a USB external. Gotta save PT for future generations.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Remocon a.k.a. remote control is the best Miku song

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Change Me/Break it break it/Double Lariat/Blackjack :colbert:

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I keep defaulting back to Rocket League and Overwatch despite being given a ton of single player games I've been looking forward to over the holidays. I think I might have videogame ADD.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Montalvo posted:

I keep defaulting back to Rocket League and Overwatch despite being given a ton of single player games I've been looking forward to over the holidays. I think I might have videogame ADD.

we all do it, if not overwatch because it's bad it's cod or bf1

rocket league is an amazing non shooter mp game and then we all need our shooter

there's nothing to be ashamed of

you should see how many game i've bought this year

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you actually shoot a lot in rocket league

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

you actually shoot a lot in rocket league

i wouldnt call any of your shots bullets

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

lol at calling Overwatch bad and implying CoD is good in the same breath. Yo brain broke

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Does Last Guardian measure up to Ico and SotC? I loved the earlier games but I'm a but wary of LG what with the troubled development.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jan 12, 2017

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If you loved those games you will love TLG.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

haveblue posted:

If you loved those games you will love TLG.

Yep. I'm loving it so far.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Sounds good :) I can get the physical disc for the same price as the PSN sale so I'll probably get that. It's awfully convenient to just dowload it though.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I don't see it having much replay-ability so get the physical on the off chance you want to unload it in the future.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Housh posted:

I backed my entire drive before hand on a USB external. Gotta save PT for future generations.
Uh, does that even work? Don't you need to have the two machines there at the time to transfer from one to the other?

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Got a Pro and a 4K tv and whatnot the other day.

The Pro is quiet as gently caress and i'm enjoying being able to have everything installed because of the bigger hard drive, the UI feels a bit snappier as well. Area X in Rez in VR looks even more amazing than before, the image quality is really good. Haven't tried any of my other VR Pro-enabled stuff but i'm off for the weekend so i'm looking forward to trying some of it.

I've only played Ratchet and Clank on the new TV so far and it looks loving amazing in 4K w/ HDR. Almost feels like another step up console-generation wise.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

ethanol posted:

you should see how many game i've bought this year

A lot of us probably have this to be ashamed of.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I'm going to name a miku song too.

clover club.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my top miku song is space corpse but im also partial to bumblebee wizard

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Jesus, I really want to love The Swindle but its procedural level generation and the jankiness of movement leads to so much bullshit it just becomes irritating as hell. For every smooth and stealthy caper that encourages the use of all your tools and gives appropiate rewards, there's about half a dozen of wall to wall mines, turrets and robots patrolling a corridor with several pounds in while the actual computers are buried ten tiles below with no access.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Renoistic posted:

Does Last Guardian measure up to Ico and SotC? I loved the earlier games but I'm a but wary of LG what with the troubled development.

It's Ico 2 with a small lovable colossus as your buddy. Buy it immediately.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

There should be a disclaimer on tlg that it rouses up any living room dogs

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I still can't believe it even came out. I dunno how they were getting it running at ANY FPS on the PS3, let alone the reported 8fps some people in here mentioned.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I still can't believe it even came out. I dunno how they were getting it running at ANY FPS on the PS3, let alone the reported 8fps some people in here mentioned.

all ps3 footage of the game is running at 3x speed

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah that's what I mean with the 8fps

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sefal posted:

Awesome. Would love it if you could upload it somewhere or share it.

Here you go! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1U1dPGMoc0sm7oEFkdSYg-HX8onAW-IlSOoSVAxjZwBs/edit

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Thanks for this. I was kinda shocked when I read that it was taken down earlier because I always get a laugh out of this.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
It's cool that if you go to Spotify in the PS4 quick menu while Uncharted 4 is up, you get personalized playlists for the characters. Some good music in there, too.

Is this the case in most PS4 games? It's pretty cool

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

You are awesome! Thank you

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

They're taking signups for the 4.5 beta, idk what they're changing
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/legal/playstation-4-firmware-45-beta-registration/

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

figers crossed with little sigh of resignation that something comes of that ue4 change alluding to changeable display names

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'm lolling at the idea of Sony being technically competent enough to implement name changes.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Renoistic posted:

Echoing all the responses here, it's a great game in the vein of the those two. Only minus is the framerate drops on the standard ps4.

I actually started playing the team ico collection again after finishing LG. SotC camera actually made me appreciate LG's camera, which is saying a lot.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I'm lolling at the idea of Sony being technically competent enough to implement name changes.

they already have real name support able to change your in game name to people that mark each other as close friends. they could have added alias support at any point and made it toggle to be visible to all users

they didn't because there's no money in making that change i guess. there is a mountain of money to be made if they untangle their database knot and sell the ability to change your account name and i'm not surprised the going is slow there.

point is they already have name changes possible in the current firmware but you can only make them appear to certain friends so its pointless and they suck

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

mycot posted:

Huh, on one hand that sounds kinda sad but on the other that doesn't have to be a bad thing. It's better than doing what Golden Sun and that Sly Cooper sequel did and burning their second chance on a cliffhanger that will never ever be bothered with lol

Yeah it sounds bad put that way but it's a good thing to have stories that start, tell themselves and finish. A duology is as good as a trilogy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Akuma posted:

Uh, does that even work? Don't you need to have the two machines there at the time to transfer from one to the other?
Works flawlessly. Plugged in a wd passport drive through usb. PS4 has system backup to usb and you can pick what data you want to back up. Once you get the new system just plug in the usb and system restore. It was painless to upgrade to pro. http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/backup.html