Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It's Archie's Twin Peaks, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

The new Shyamalan releasing soon:

The Dark KNight

I don't understand the use of stripes here (piano keys but still, come on):

I'm sure terrified about the 9th passenger of this RC boat:

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Palpek posted:

Well since the 8th passenger was the alien in Alien (in the countries that used that title), who knows what's up with the next one.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Palpek posted:

The new Shyamalan releasing soon:

Not sure what to think or expect of the movie, but this is a neat design.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Stare-Out posted:

Not sure what to think or expect of the movie, but this is a neat design.

It's just another 'mentally ill person is a scary monster' movie apparently. I accidentally watched Shymalan's 'grandparents are scary monsters movie' and I don't know why he keeps making movies. He can't pull it off. He's just not good at horror.

Palpek posted:

The poster is a little silly--why is there blood so far from the boat? Chumming the waters? But imbd says it's not too bad, and I am interested in how they can do 'scary unknown presence on a boat / place'. The fuses line from the trailer is hilarious. I remember that being a big puzzle thing for video games way back when. You need fuses to power X in order to continue!

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Palpek posted:

The Dark KNight

I saw Dark Night when it came out at Sundance. It's some indie filmmaker basically making the run-up to the Aurora Shootings into an art film. Hated that poo poo, but some critics ate it right up so expect it to not go away quietly.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I thought it was cool.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Vegetable posted:

I saw Dark Night when it came out at Sundance. It's some indie filmmaker basically making the run-up to the Aurora Shootings into an art film. Hated that poo poo, but some critics ate it right up so expect it to not go away quietly.

Wait, it's about Aurora? I thought the name similarity was a joke he made! God, that's really loving tacky!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

marshmallow creep posted:

I thought it was cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J91ti_MpdHA

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Veib posted:

Well since the 8th passenger was the alien in Alien (in the countries that used that title), who knows what's up with the next one.

Being pedantic, the alien was the first passenger (or the second if you count the cat). Everyone else aboard the Nostromo was crew.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

feedmyleg posted:

It's Archie's Twin Peaks, actually.

So, it's Twin Peaks if James Hurley was the protagonist?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq8bHVSCqN0&t=140s

And More fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jan 12, 2017

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Palpek posted:

I don't understand the use of stripes here (piano keys but still, come on):

I think they're looking to evoke the 60s Jazz Album aesthetic.

It worked on me, because at first glance that's what I thought it was. An album cover used as a poster.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

And More posted:

So, it's Twin Peaks if James Hurley was the protagonist?

Isn't that basically a big chunk of season 2 when he's on his motorcycle road trip? Christ, that poo poo was unwatchable.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Waffleman_ posted:

Wait, it's about Aurora? I thought the name similarity was a joke he made! God, that's really loving tacky!

Why are there palm trees in Colorado.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Vagabundo posted:

Isn't that basically a big chunk of season 2 when he's on his motorcycle road trip? Christ, that poo poo was unwatchable.

Yeah, pretty much. I guess someone really liked that part. :shrug:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

value-brand cereal posted:

It's just another 'mentally ill person is a scary monster' movie apparently. I accidentally watched Shymalan's 'grandparents are scary monsters movie' and I don't know why he keeps making movies. He can't pull it off. He's just not good at horror.

The poster is a little silly--why is there blood so far from the boat? Chumming the waters? But imbd says it's not too bad, and I am interested in how they can do 'scary unknown presence on a boat / place'. The fuses line from the trailer is hilarious. I remember that being a big puzzle thing for video games way back when. You need fuses to power X in order to continue!

Actually the general opinion is apparently that The Visit and Split are the kind of movies he's good at so he should keep making more of them.

Also if that is blood it looks pretty bad. I thought it was someone shining red light underwater.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Vagabundo posted:

I just rewatches the series in December, and it really wasn't that big of a part of the second season. It just seems that way. The parts with Dick and Lucy were far stupider.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

flosofl posted:

I think they're looking to evoke the 60s Jazz Album aesthetic.

It worked on me, because at first glance that's what I thought it was. An album cover used as a poster.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

Halloween takes place in Haddonfield, Illinois but was able to capture the rare and elusive Illinois palm tree.

Pretty sure you can see mountains in some shots too.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

ruddiger posted:

Halloween takes place in Haddonfield, Illinois but was able to capture the rare and elusive Illinois palm tree.

Pretty sure you can see mountains in some shots too.

My favorite example of this is in Pearl Harbor where they fly out of Mitchell Field (known today as Roosevelt Field) on Long Island -- which is smack in the middle of the island, really. Not only were they basically on a tropical beach, but there were mountains everywhere in the background. Laughable moment in an otherwise perfectly accurate movie.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Sir Lemming posted:

My favorite example of this is in Pearl Harbor where they fly out of Mitchell Field (known today as Roosevelt Field) on Long Island -- which is smack in the middle of the island, really. Not only were they basically on a tropical beach, but there were mountains everywhere in the background. Laughable moment in an otherwise perfectly accurate movie.

The first X-Files movie starts in a suburb of Dallas, which for some reason has a mountain range nearby in the shot with the city skyline. Dallas in real life is pretty flat.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Another poster for The Ninth Passenger.

The Natural Sleeping Surface Cult series posters.

A trilogy?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

I did locations for United States of Tara. It takes place in my home town of Overland Park, KS.

I had to interrupt a hospital room setup they were going to film with the San Fernando Mountains in the window and say uh you might want to pick a different room and they thankfully obliged.

I did God's work that day.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

The MSJ posted:

A trilogy?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I don't trust any place where both mountains and the sea aren't visible at all times.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

ruddiger posted:

Someone must be messing with his hamburger supply because Jugghead is looking PISSED.

Someone stole his big-rear end crown and he had to make a new one out of a hobo's beanie. I'd be pissed too.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

That's actually sort of what his old headgear was. If I remember correctly you'd take a fedora and turn it inside out and cut up the brim. The look was apparently very popular among mechanics. It was called a whoopee cap.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jan 13, 2017

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Jeff Goldblum wears one in his role as a street thug and rapist in Death Wish.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

got any sevens posted:

So it's like Archie's Smallville?

They'll wait for the series finale to have Jughead put on his whoopie cap.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

If they needed to change it they could have made it a paper crown that Pops hands out, like Burger King.

I guess that's not very sexy.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

FreudianSlippers posted:

That's actually sort of what his old headgear was. If I remember correctly you'd take a fedora and turn it inside out and cut up the brim. The look was apparently very popular among mechanics. It was called a whoopee cap.

What? I swear to God he at least sometimes had a straight-up gold pimp crown.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

FreudianSlippers posted:

I never knew this. That's hilarious. It makes sense in a way since it's rebellion fashion by destroying your parent's clothes to make something new.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Jeff Goldblum wears one in his role as a street thug and rapist in Death Wish.

"I'll paint your face"

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The MSJ posted:

Another poster for The Ninth Passenger.

Please oh please be a stealth Deep Rising remake. :pray:

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Looks like a giant squid.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Young Freud posted:

I never knew this. That's hilarious. It makes sense in a way since it's rebellion fashion by destroying your parent's clothes to make something new.

Because when I think of symbols of rebellion I think

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Erebus posted:

Because when I think of symbols of rebellion I think

There is no universe where those hats are rebellious, nor are there any in which Jughead is a cool rebel for wearing one.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I mean, Jughead was not conceived as a cool character. Or a rebel. He's just a very, very watered down beatnik stereotype parody who makes pithy remarks and loves hamburgers.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

He's kinda like wimpy from popeye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Young Freud posted:

It's not rebellious fashion, it's the opposite. Kids wanted to wear caps like their dad so their dad gave them an old cap and modified it to fit a kid