Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

I have a gut town read on pera. If she were scum, I think she'd be able to bounce ideas off her scumteam and be more active in trying to misdirect the vote. Her tone this game sounds like new town in a large game, trying to find cases but getting lost in all the text.

Regarding the PR (post restriction) - I've only ever tried to play Mafia in-character once and I found that it made the game a lot lot harder to play. Not only do you have to keep up on what's going on (which can be tough), but you then have to figure out a way to communicate your thoughts and you don't want to make that hard if you don't have to.

So now just pretend it's like an immunity challenge or t/d and answer these:

(a) for the record, how much SA Mafia have you played before?
(b) if you had an imaginary gun and had to shoot the scummiest person in the game, who would you target and why?
(c) re-read over Tobbs - do you think he's telling the truth or lying?

This might come off as me "mafia momming" but I like pera and can empathize with the feeling of jumping into a large game with a lot of regular players and feeling lost.

Murmur Twin posted:

Throw votes around! It's the funnest part of the game.

##unvote
##vote peramene

See? :palmon:

For serious it's not personal, we all signed up knowing some % of us would be scum. By throwing votes around, it forces you to take a stance - if you're not willing to, it's seen as scummy.

How do these posts, 15-20 minutes apart with no chance for her to respond, go together exactly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Pinterest Mom posted:

for real look at this pair of moat posts!!

Moat calling SSV scum there but turning around and voting TMM, on who he doesn't have a scum read, feels really bad to me. Either scum trying to deflect off a scumbud without attaching themselves to a town read, or scum trying to set up a paper trail to vote SSV on d2/d3.

But for real, ##vote Moat

In addition to what PMom said, the way he called me suspicious for literally just mentioning that he hadn't posted while ignoring all of my content doesn't make any sense.

Right now I'd vote for any of Moat, Tobbs, or BK.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

How do these posts, 15-20 minutes apart with no chance for her to respond, go together exactly?

On a scale of 1-10, how serious did you think my vote on pera was?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

don't forget to unvote :sun:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

my vote preference is roughly pera>ssv>moat>tobbs>bk

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Pinterest Mom posted:

It's weird that you're pushing this narrative on me when I've presented cases on SSV and moat in the last 24h.

I'm not pushing a narrative. Am I voting you? No, and I don't plan to unless by some miracle I'm not getting lynched today and you're the only option.

You've had a habit this game of throwing votes around either with no justification whatsoever, or a post-hoc explanation that breaks down under the tiniest bit of scrutiny. Like, I don't want to tell you or anyone else how to play the game, but it seems to me that you're putting effort into not trying, which makes my head spin.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

##unvote
##vote Moat

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

peramene posted:

As far as content posts go, this is pretty lovely. But I suppose it was good for me to give it a try. I will reread BK in a little bit, and to be fair, reread MMT. I believe they are likely to oppose one another, but I'd like to reread their statements to have a better grasp on that.

My apologies to my comrades for failing to do better. I am not willing to apply a vote at this time."

we think this is as genuine as our love for animals so we do not think it is a good reason to vote pera today.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
We could see Moat, but we would like to see pmom die first.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I'm not pushing a narrative. Am I voting you? No, and I don't plan to unless by some miracle I'm not getting lynched today and you're the only option.

You've had a habit this game of throwing votes around either with no justification whatsoever, or a post-hoc explanation that breaks down under the tiniest bit of scrutiny. Like, I don't want to tell you or anyone else how to play the game, but it seems to me that you're putting effort into not trying, which makes my head spin.

It's weird that you're denying you're pushing a narrative.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

this is a stickup posted:

my case against you is your posting is weird and bad, and you're insisting that this entire game is meta (it's not) so you can't post.

it's possible to form your own opinions about things even when people are making meta cases. your position seems to be that it is impossible for you to do so, just like you were a scum player and trying to coast on everyone's cases.

there is enough to debate going on in this game regardless of meta that you should have opinions on people. this is why pera's posting is really bad. you seem to have regressed a little bit towards what FL said about you, which, entertainingly, is meta.

you literally just posted that you feel disconnected from the game because "it's all meta"

(a) how do you have a solid town read on anyone at all this early in the game?

and I'm going to steal mmt's questions:

(b) if you had an imaginary gun and had to shoot the scummiest person in the game, who would you target and why?
(c) re-read over Tobbs - do you think he's telling the truth or lying?

Huh, no. That's a lot of words being put in my mouth. I said "idk" as in I don't understand when people make meta posts because I don't play with people enough or even don't care to remember people's metastyles. So when people are like "this person is scum because meta", I'm like "I don't know, I don't care, you're not gonna convince me". I have no problem making decisions and making cases, but when people give me a meta argument, I don't know what the gently caress to do with that.

a) Personally, town is probably FL. I just agree with most of his arguments and cases.
b) Tobbs and then BottleKnight
c) I don't know what you're asking but Tobbs constant mentioning that he is town reads scummy as me. His wishy washyness and constant jumps from PMom, TMM, Kash, FL reads like a struggling scumboy and his TMM push is really bad.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Pinterest Mom posted:

It's weird that you're denying you're pushing a narrative.

You are weird. The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is how you're getting so much traction while chores is basically ignored.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

You are weird. The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is how you're getting so much traction while chores is basically ignored.

we think chores is probably trash since no one is quoting his posts and we don't read them!

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
we think kashuno is garbage squared

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Pinterest Mom posted:

for real look at this pair of moat posts!!

Moat calling SSV scum there but turning around and voting TMM, on who he doesn't have a scum read, feels really bad to me. Either scum trying to deflect off a scumbud without attaching themselves to a town read, or scum trying to set up a paper trail to vote SSV on d2/d3.

This ain't wrong.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I have 250+ posts to catch up on

what did I miss

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Pinterest Mom posted:

It's weird that you're pushing this narrative on me when I've presented cases on SSV and moat in the last 24h.

Yeah but your case sucked.

I put that vote on tmm as I said to trying to pressure his engagement. Sometimes I feel the same way that I need a reason to really get into a game especially when a game is this large.

Tmm normally has strong opinions, posts consistently and argues every point. I am not seeing this from him. If I start to see it then I will gladly change my vote

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Upon careful consideration I still would like to brutally murder PMom.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

I have a gut town read on pera.

##vote MurmurTwin

I'm not joking and this isn't personal and you know I love you but this is a meta-read. MMT knows me very well - better than any of you (even you, BK.) MMT knows when I'm honestly having trouble understanding a concept and - thanks to loving me in Survivor, when I'm pretending to. MMT is confident she can flowertalk me into believing her. An idiot-rear end town player like me would be the perfect goat-lynch to carry to the end accidentally helping my literal best friend excel in a brilliantly-done scum game (would you expect less from her?) From what I know of MMT, which is months of watching her lie to our fellow players in ABB2 for my benefit, including one time when she lied in order to protect me, the inclusion of this line is not "mafia mommying" for my benefit - it is a legitimate attempt to save me from the rest of you so that I might be useful to her. Sorry, honey. You know I love you and I do appreciate the help which, hey, I could be wrong, I'll answer below.

:sympathy:

I kept wondering why the gently caress people kept accusing me of having a power role. Post restriction. Nice. Got it. Just trying to have fun in my first Ecco game. She puts so much work into the story I honestly thought more of you were gonna take it as a roleplaying thing and when it ended up I - shutup Kash - was the only one, well, I'm stubborn, I guess. I wanted Ecco to know I appreciated her efforts and that I was going to take the game seriously.

"Well you can do that by playing effectively instead of being a stubborn rear end in a top hat about it" yeah well thanks

Dropping it. Thanks again for the advice, MMT, darling - the realization that if I was already having trouble keeping up AND trying to maintain a pr (what, is pr/PR seriously a thing? Jesus.)

(a) for the record, how much SA Mafia have you played before? FOUR GAMES, FOUR WINS (largely thanks to my peers). And every single loving time I've been town - "even this time," she says with an eyeroll - and I hate it playing town. I know there's a "lynch all liars" consensus but if I can ever find a way to lie to benefit town, I leap on the chance (like I did in the wizard game). I guess I feel I've done ehhhh marginally better each time? I played chat-based mafia for so long and those games only lasted an hour or two at most; this multi-day "okay I guess I'm done now" walks away for three hours "oh god there's a hundred loving messages and all of them are incomprehensible" thing drives me crazy.

(b) if you had an imaginary gun and had to shoot the scummiest person in the game, who would you target and why? Hmm... well, let's apply the sort of logic I'd apply in an FRG when I didn't feel confident I had a grasp on the power structures.

As an individual, PMom is rude to me, hates the way I play (or at least claims to), feels free openly insulting me, is confident that I will not be of value to town - I can trust PMom not to be loving with me just to gently caress with me personally. It might be a mid-con to get at me, but then again, PMom would be free to interpret the preceding as the exact same. Regardless:

Pinterest Mom posted:

my vote preference is roughly pera>ssv>moat>tobbs>bk

Obviously, I'd avoid shooting myself (at least in-game), and I happen to know I'm town. ("Sure, you do." Yeah, yeah.) So now that I'm back, I'll look at SSV first, and PMom himself last.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Murmur Twin posted:

##unvote
##vote Moat

In my experience the people that post " oh wow I forgot soandso was in this game" are in fact scum

This is not a smoking gun for me MMT but rather a

MY EYE IS UPON YOU

Statement.

The fact that you are now voting me makes think that I might have been right

Are you scum mmt?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

peramene posted:

As an individual, PMom is rude to me, hates the way I play (or at least claims to), feels free openly insulting me, is confident that I will not be of value to town - I can trust PMom not to be loving with me just to gently caress with me personally. It might be a mid-con to get at me, but then again, PMom would be free to interpret the preceding as the exact same. Regardless:

i was cyberbullying you because i wanted you to drop your pr. now that you're done, i don't want to kill you anymore~

##unvote
##vote ssv

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm going to cyberbully PMom so he drops an armful of books. Then I'm going to cyberstuff him in an elocker.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

I'm going to cyberbully PMom so he drops an armful of books. Then I'm going to cyberstuff him in an elocker.

The books are kindles.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

Do you not think it's possible that he's just actually town who got frustrated by multiple people jumping on a bad case? Like I'm not saying that's the case, but why rule that out?

It's entirely possible. 100% conceivable. It's just not my read...?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

SirSamVimes posted:

The way that PMom responded to the votes against him didn't feel town at all.

##vote pmom

SirSamVimes posted:

Continuing the series of bad responses to votes on you, eh Pmom?

SirSamVimes posted:

imo you shouldn't try to read games at all until the playercount goes down a bit

I have nothing meta to offer on SSV. They seem like a cool enough person. Their postcount is lowish, but I've certainly no business arguing that that means diddly - especially since, while I'm sure this last post here is joking, truthfully once the playercount goes down but the body of evidence has had a nice, long time to collect against the scum players and people can start getting caught in lies, misdirections, working together... that's when things really get going. I've remarked that D1 seems pretty loving useless to me. Unless I'm mistaken, I've received at least one D1 vote every game I've played simply because I haven't posted enough.

I'm not willing to throw a stone through glass house at SSV. The scummiest thing they appear to be doing is target PMom over Pmom's admittedly lovely attitude, which is part of his charm. SSV, perhaps take your focus off PMom if more aren't willing to support you in this endeavor? Hard to advise appropriately. Sombra rules. Good fortune!

Pinterest Mom posted:

i was cyberbullying you because i wanted you to drop your pr. now that you're done, i don't want to kill you anymore~

##unvote
##vote ssv

For the record, as has been well demonstrated in the past, I respond very well to the patient advice of more experienced players. But this is SomethingAwful, not Reddit, I don't expect my hand held.
Wanting to kill someone because of a posting gimmick is stupid as hell though.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

peramene a good way to play mafia is to challenge other players to physical challenges.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

peramene posted:

For the record, as has been well demonstrated in the past, I respond very well to the patient advice of more experienced players. But this is SomethingAwful, not Reddit, I don't expect my hand held.
Wanting to kill someone because of a posting gimmick is stupid as hell though.

I didn't want to kill you because of your posting gimmick. I don't want to kill Kash, say. I wanted to kill you because you had indicated you would not deviate from making every single one of your posts obtuse unreadable bullshit.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I think Pmom's vote on SSV is good, and I think the fact that SSV immediately comes back in as soon as he is mentioned here:

SirSamVimes posted:

trying to imply that it's an omgus without saying it is scummy. Calling it an omgus is a really lazy characterization of PMom's vote anyways.

##unvote
##vote samvimes

I still don't feel good about FL but that's not happening today.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kashuno posted:

we are sorry we quoted so much, but we wanted to make sure people see all of PMom up until his SSV vote. We think it's strange that PMom is calling out SSV for not having good game engagement because he made a 1 line vote on a "bandwagon" which is false because it only had Max and Tobbs on it while pmom had only been making single word responses unless it was to defend himself! Pmom is behaving extremely scummy and attacking SSV who is known to be v quiet.

am i the only one who gets pmom's posting

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

BottleKnight posted:

I have 250+ posts to catch up on

what did I miss

fake

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
We have like seven and a half hours, right? I'm gonna take a half hour to watch a thing.

CCKeane posted:

peramene a good way to play mafia is to challenge other players to physical challenges.

send me a dick pic and if you can clear a 8 point rating I'll vote your way D1

Pinterest Mom posted:

I didn't want to kill you because of your posting gimmick. I don't want to kill Kash, say. I wanted to kill you because you had indicated you would not deviate from making every single one of your posts obtuse unreadable bullshit.

what am i without obtuse unreadable bullshit :suicide:

(like, seriously, do you wanna measure dicks with a chick over this or can we focus on the matters at hand? christ)

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Oop, nevermind. Wife's got work.

I GUESS I'LL GET CAUGHT UP ON THAT PARTICULAR SHOW LATER.

Who's next? Moat. Aight Moat get over here and drop trou.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

Another thing I don't like about this post is it reads like SSV read Pmom's vote and went "I have to deal with this, what should I post" instead of just trying to post why Pmom's case isn't true. It reads like someone who is trying to specifically look good in the thread and prevent momentum on themselves. It reads scum to me.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

peramene posted:

Oop, nevermind. Wife's got work.

I GUESS I'LL GET CAUGHT UP ON THAT PARTICULAR SHOW LATER.

Who's next? Moat. Aight Moat get over here and drop trou.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

Another thing I don't like about this post is it reads like SSV read Pmom's vote and went "I have to deal with this, what should I post" instead of just trying to post why Pmom's case isn't true. It reads like someone who is trying to specifically look good in the thread and prevent momentum on themselves. It reads scum to me.

we think if you read SSV's post history you'd see he isn't trying to look good.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SirSamVimes posted:

imo you shouldn't try to read games at all until the playercount goes down a bit

we mean...if this is trying to look good we must look like perfection. Which we are. A beautiful perfect being.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
You know how this goes. Take a seat, it'll all be over soon.

Moatillata posted:

Pre-game content post:

Lynch Tobbs D1 unless I explicitly tell you not to.

Trust me on this guys.

Like, this is a pregame joke, okay, right? But ehhh... I dunno. Ya'll know Moat better than I do. Even though he's seen me topless.

Moatillata posted:

Karma has nothing to do with luck pERAMENE

(Thanks for the idea, by the way. This is the post that gave me the idea to do what I'm doing. (And honestly it's been quite therapeutic so legitimately thank you. NOT THAT ANYONE loving ELSE IS PLAYING ANYMORE.)

Moatillata posted:

Guys we need to have more decorum than these sausage party jokes this is an Ecco game we must comport ourselves as European royalty

Moat regardless of what follows in the rest of this post... I like you. You are good people. You get things that the uncultured masses just loving don't.

Moatillata posted:

-Tobbs is town. I am a tobbs expert and he is tree this game.
-I do not like MMT's attempt to jam me up with the whole "oohhhhh I forgot moat was in the game" this makes me not feel so hot about her
-SSV is likely scum looking at his post history
-Kash's PR is annoying but I am getting town vibes from him
-pera needs to be stopped before she loses her mind like what is happening in poo poo talking chutes and ladders rn
-OMG reads as a new player bored without a PR trying to spice things up
-Chores is null for me right now
-TMM is on notice because if he continues in the fashion he is currently on without picking it up I am going to believe that this may be his scum game once again. Not sure yet; giving him time.

-Tobbs: unsure if agree
-MMT: don't like his reasoning but I have my own
-SSV: can't tell if moat means long-term posting history or like, just from this game, but I can't go either way yet
-Kash: kashuno's gimmick is adorable but watch it be a smokescreen
-pera: categorically agree, pera must be contained under the strictest procedures we have with a 24 hour rotating guard
-OMG: agree, and it's a cute one that I think might even be slightly role-based? Which is daring. I like that.
-Chores: same
-TMM:

TMMadman posted:

Part of my concern with Tobbs is that I feel like he's trying to push an easy vote. I said before the roles went out that I would be traveling and barely posting for these days, so I'm not sure why he's sticking to a meta read on me.

So, y'know. I dunno.

Moat's a cool dude but he's laughing and joking and having a good time, unlike most folks. I dunno. Wouldn't throw a vote his way yet.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

got some chores tonight posted:

tbh i like todds although hes doing his broken brain routine and id rather vote out known garbage players like bottleknight who mostly join mafia games to sub out

calm down boyo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kashuno posted:

we think if you read SSV's post history you'd see he isn't trying to look good.

Overall, I agree, but I understand the thought process when you're scum and someone votes you. I recognize it. I think SSV exhibited it.

• Locked thread