Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

That's much better than I'd expect. Good job, Sony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acksplode
May 17, 2004

The only catch is that backing up to a hard drive won't update the primary PS4 on your account like a system transfer will. Make sure you deactivate your old PS4 before you re-initialize it and get rid of it.

Bad Llama
Jan 2, 2007
pwnerer
Yakuza 0 looks like it might be decent, but I have never played a Yakuza game.

Is my opinion wrong?

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I remember someone saying that each user was stored in the data base by the PSN, which is why we aren't allowed to change them. It would be the equivalent of trying to change the order number for a specific order in Amazon.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Is Luka Luka Night Fever on FT

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I'm lolling at the idea of Sony being technically competent enough to implement name changes.
The PSN APIs have been updated to use a distinct user id instead of name. I imagine the old ones will be swapped out with dynamic lookups or some other failsafe, while the new ones will be required for certification. It's already happening.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

verbal enema posted:

Is Luka Luka Night Fever on FT
Of course.

Bad Llama posted:

Is my opinion wrong?
I don't think its story works particularly well as a prequel but other than that it is drat good.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jan 13, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bad Llama posted:

Is my opinion wrong?

do you like doing punches and wrestle moves to japanese dudes in between a very large number of cool minigames? of course you do. please preorder.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Time to buy my 5th Miku game

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Shadow225 posted:

I remember someone saying that each user was stored in the data base by the PSN, which is why we aren't allowed to change them. It would be the equivalent of trying to change the order number for a specific order in Amazon.

They're using your PSN ID as your primary key in the user account database, whereas most competent online services assign some random number you never know about as your primary key and reference that value in other databases, not your username. That way if you ever change your username, your purchase history or whatever doesn't disappear because it's now pointing to a non-existent user. You still have the same primary key ID. One of the ways Sony could "fix" this (and they've already done this, poorly, with the real name poo poo) is by adding a new editable display name field for your account, show that instead of your PSN ID to other people in games and the dashboard and stuff, and only use your PSN ID for login.

Or:

SLOSifl posted:

The PSN APIs have been updated to use a distinct user id instead of name. I imagine the old ones will be swapped out with dynamic lookups or some other failsafe, while the new ones will be required for certification. It's already happening.

Cool, sounds like they're in the middle of migrating accounts over to a system that does things the right way. No need for display name lookups if they do things right, hell they could leave your PSN ID as your account's ID, copy it over to the new editable display name field, and just never tell you about it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Renoistic posted:

Does Last Guardian measure up to Ico and SotC? I loved the earlier games but I'm a but wary of LG what with the troubled development.

Better than Ico, on par with SotC. Best ending of the three. It's an incredible game.

ethanol posted:

There should be a disclaimer on tlg that it rouses up any living room dogs

I was watching some E3 stream and the TLG trailer came up and right on time the dude's dog started barking. It was awesome.

I still can't believe it even came out. I dunno how they were getting it running at ANY FPS on the PS3, let alone the reported 8fps some people in here mentioned.

What was the Two Best Friends quote..? "Every one of those feathers is a dead PS3"

AngelesXO posted:

Echoing all the responses here, it's a great game in the vein of the those two. Only minus is the framerate drops on the standard ps4.

I actually started playing the team ico collection again after finishing LG. SotC camera actually made me appreciate LG's camera, which is saying a lot.

Well, the both have a very handy "look at the colossus" button that really helps, but the button isn't even listed in the TLG controls menu.

Shadow225 posted:

lol at calling Overwatch bad and implying CoD is good in the same breath. Yo brain broke

In any world where Titanfall 2 exists, Overwatch is like the dogshit stuck to the foot of a giant robert.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

do you like doing punches and wrestle moves to japanese dudes in between a very large number of cool minigames? of course you do. please preorder.

I can't wait to try any Yakuza on the PS4. The biggest drawback of the old ones is the constant load screens. I played 3 for the first time very recently and it's unbelievably tedious in terms of how often you're dragged out of the flow of gameplay to load.

5 isn't as bad but I definitely can't wait to play one on the newer hardware.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

SLOSifl posted:

When did this happen?!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

verbal enema posted:

Time to buy my 5th Miku game

This is ridiculously reasoning, and it is also correct reasoning.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

melancholic is on spotify btw

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I can't wait to try any Yakuza on the PS4. The biggest drawback of the old ones is the constant load screens. I played 3 for the first time very recently and it's unbelievably tedious in terms of how often you're dragged out of the flow of gameplay to load.

5 isn't as bad but I definitely can't wait to play one on the newer hardware.
Yakuza 3 debut on PS3 must've been epic seeing Kiryu in HD for the first time. Can't wait to play 0 and looking forward to making GBS threads my pants when 6 comes out 4kkk

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Renoistic posted:

Sounds good :) I can get the physical disc for the same price as the PSN sale so I'll probably get that. It's awfully convenient to just dowload it though.

What PSN sale? Are you not in the US? I got all excited for a minute but I'm seeing $60.

I'm kind of pissed that reviews pegged TLG at around 8 hours and now I'm hearing 15 from people. I'd have been more inclined to buy it earlier if I knew that. I think I'm just going to stop reading reviews because they are mostly out of touch with people who are actually buying games for fun. Either way I'm tired of waiting I'm just gonna grab it tomorrow.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mrEkli posted:

When did this happen?!

2 months ago it got leaked that ue4 was being changed to reflect a difference in the way sony identifies users by name.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/11/16/the-ability-to-change-psn-account-names-hinted-at-in-new-ps4-sdk-update/

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Real hurthling! posted:

2 months ago it got leaked that ue4 was being changed to reflect a difference in the way sony identifies users by name.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/11/16/the-ability-to-change-psn-account-names-hinted-at-in-new-ps4-sdk-update/
That would be quite a thing if it happened.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

What PSN sale? Are you not in the US? I got all excited for a minute but I'm seeing $60.

I'm kind of pissed that reviews pegged TLG at around 8 hours and now I'm hearing 15 from people. I'd have been more inclined to buy it earlier if I knew that. I think I'm just going to stop reading reviews because they are mostly out of touch with people who are actually buying games for fun. Either way I'm tired of waiting I'm just gonna grab it tomorrow.

It's 8 if your goal is to finish the game.

It's 15 if your goal is to play and enjoy and be immersed in the game, and, I mean...it was made to be looked at and contemplated. But a lot of early reviewers are in a rush to say they played it, etc, etc...which sounds really unsatisfying, and would probably make a game about communication/miscommunication feel equally unsatisfying. The overall quality of puzzles in TLG is incredible, but a few of them stumped me real hard and I had to come back later. If you were on a review deadline my guess is you would just ask a friend or look the solution up in order to get on with the game, but in a puzzle game that sort of defeats the purpose.

Easy Allies has the best review, and not just because they gave it goty, but because they talk about at length and yet give very little away. (still, purists will want to avoid watching)

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jan 13, 2017

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fair play to everyone involved with TLG, been playing it a bit these last few days.

The AI is probably the best I've ever seen in a game. It is so so convincing. I think it's a mix of AI and animation but Trico feels so alive.

The art direction is also brilliant. I love the look of the buildings, Trico is excellent and the lighting is incredible.

Worth the wait.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I finished Rolling Girl on hard (difficulty 6) and it was fine but already not too far from the extreme difficulty on F 2nd. Just tried extreme on this (difficulty 9) and :stare:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Is there only 3 Attrition maps on Titanfall 2? Cause it sure feels like it sometimes.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

89 posted:

Is there only 3 Attrition maps on Titanfall 2? Cause it sure feels like it sometimes.
I'm pretty sure every map works in every mode. At least, attrition is the only mode I ever play and I've seen all the maps.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

89 posted:

I feel like the game spams Forward Base Kodai and Eden and Exoplanet, which is why they are my least favorite.

Drydock, Homestead, Boomtown, Crash Site, and Blackwater Canal are my poo poo. Especially Boomtown.

I don't feel either way about Angel City, Complex, etc..

acksplode
May 17, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

In any world where Titanfall 2 exists, Overwatch is like the dogshit stuck to the foot of a giant robert.

I was going to make a Scorch-dropping-on-Overwatch gif but http://www.titanfall.com/dropatitanonit/ is no more :'(

ankle
Oct 30, 2010

Does anyone know if a vertical stand for an older model of PS4 will fit the slim?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
TRU is such a fantastic place to find cheap games. Found, on clearance for $7.90 in soon to be Trump Bucks: Tearaway Unfolded, Life is Strange, and Earth Defense Force 4.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Let's all learn the PoPiPo dance!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Getting a weird problem where trying to share a video just perpetually prompts me to sign into YouTube over and over. Anyone else had this problem?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Hello, From The Nintendo Switch Thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aTHyxFtdxo

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Release info.

$30 for PS4 physical / Switch digital, $40 for Switch physical (with bonus poo poo)

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

edit: wrong thread

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jan 13, 2017

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Policenaut posted:

Release info.

$30 for PS4 physical / Switch digital, $40 for Switch physical (with bonus poo poo)

Honestly, I can't imagine buying a puzzle game on physical. It seems like a perfect game to download on a flash sale and play between big titles, not the kind of thing I'd want to leave in the disc drive for weeks. Cool it's an option for other people though.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Honestly, I can't imagine buying a puzzle game on physical. It seems like a perfect game to download on a flash sale and play between big titles, not the kind of thing I'd want to leave in the disc drive for weeks. Cool it's an option for other people though.

It's Physical only on PS4, like it was in Japan.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I just hope that it plays online with the japanese version, cause I really don't want to buy it again (although I totally would)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hacking invasions in WD2 are pure bliss when you stop trying to win and just go in trying to bother people. I was going to trade it in tomorrow and now I'm hesitant after doing poo poo like this for 2 hours tonight. I think being annoying might be the MP experience I was born to love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ww0JUEnJmk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epT031bFxRE

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Jan 13, 2017

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

You know when people complain about the free games that come with PS+ ?
Nintendo just announced that the Switch will have paid online but as a bonus you'll get a...free Nes/Snes game...that expires after a month. Lmfao

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Better a good game you can play for a month than a lovely indie you delete after 30 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Better a good game you can play for a month than a lovely indie you delete after 30 seconds.

I can't really think of any NES games I'd like to play for more than 10 minutes anymore