Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Wii U version's out on the same day as well.

Is this confirmed anywhere? All the pre-order sites have the Switch version as 3/3, but the WiiU version as "March".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

LanceKing2200 posted:

Is this confirmed anywhere? All the pre-order sites have the Switch version as 3/3, but the WiiU version as "March".

Watch them pull a Twilight Princess and release it two weeks later :v:.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'd be more concerned if they pulled a twilight princess and released the better version on Wii U.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Rexroom posted:

Box arts. Spot the differences.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I mean that's probably what is going to happen. It'll be a big hit to Switch launch sales if you can get a functionally identical version of its killer app on a system that's available for ~$100 used.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Rexroom posted:

Dang, I like the US box art way more than the EU one. :(

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Are the amiibos for the Switch or WiiU? Do they do anything? I know nothing about amiibos. Someone enlighten me please.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

LanceKing2200 posted:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/819772453207449600

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

RCarr posted:

Are the amiibos for the Switch or WiiU? Do they do anything? I know nothing about amiibos. Someone enlighten me please.

Both.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Master Edition gives an empty cart at checkout error on Gamestop, hasn't been listed elsewhere yet. Was hoping it would pop live at 9AM EST.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

It's showing up on Amazon, too, but unavailable.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MT8SWKC/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1484316099&sr=1-1&keywords=breath+of+the+wild+master

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Well I'm going to take the dog out and hope it doesn't sell out forever while I'm up.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

JordanKai posted:

Dang, I like the US box art way more than the EU one. :(
Luckily, I feel the opposite.

Really wasn't feeling the US box, massively prefer the EU one.

Place holder Wii U box is still the best of the 3 imo.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
If you want everything except the Master Sword statue, it's $99.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Everything about Breath of the Wild is extremely my poo poo. I'm still wary of the possibility of a boring open world but aside from that I love everything I'm seeing.

I feel like the whole thing with Hyrule's glory days being long ago and the rusted Master Sword are meant to really hit those nostalgia buttons hard for Zelda old timers like me. Also I'm digging formless primal evil Sauron Ganon.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Rexroom posted:

he turned around?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

For once I kinda dig the US box art for something more than the alternative. The blue-and-orange thing is way played out but I dunno, I'm into the whole stare-out-over-the-horizon deal.

Also the English logo for the game is way better than the Japanese one just because it includes the rusted-out Master Sword.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jan 13, 2017

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Nephzinho posted:

Master Edition gives an empty cart at checkout error on Gamestop, hasn't been listed elsewhere yet. Was hoping it would pop live at 9AM EST.

Nephzinho posted:

Well I'm going to take the dog out and hope it doesn't sell out forever while I'm up.

I hate to tell you this but they are gone. They went up around 2:30 am central time. It disappeared quickly from Gamestop. Then Amazon listed the master and special editions. The master edition had a nearly 30 dollar discount for prime members. That was gone quick and the gamestop one came back as people canceled their orders to get the cheaper Amazon one. Then it disappeared again. The Special edition disappeared from Amazon shortly afterward as it was 20 dollars cheaper.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:
I'm at my local unpopular strip mall GameStop and there's only four other people here, so I'm not gonna have a problem.

Edit: And I didn't! Switch and Special Ed. get!

Gibbering fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jan 13, 2017

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Cojawfee posted:

I hate to tell you this but they are gone. They went up around 2:30 am central time. It disappeared quickly from Gamestop. Then Amazon listed the master and special editions. The master edition had a nearly 30 dollar discount for prime members. That was gone quick and the gamestop one came back as people canceled their orders to get the cheaper Amazon one. Then it disappeared again. The Special edition disappeared from Amazon shortly afterward as it was 20 dollars cheaper.

Yep. Chances are your only hope is for when/if BB puts them up. You'll have 10 minutes or less. So, don't leave your computer.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

I ordered the special addition... for the Wii U. But Aside from Amazon saying that it was for the Wii U, I have seen no confirmation that the Wii U is getting a special addition. I'm confused. Not worried about getting the game now (saw a video of the two games side by side and the graphically upgrade isn't worth $400 to me) but I would be bummed if I can't get a dope carrying case for my future switch current 3ds plus the soundtrack...

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

Yep. Chances are your only hope is for when/if BB puts them up. You'll have 10 minutes or less. So, don't leave your computer.

Friday the 13th indeed.

Whelp, time to open a bunch of tabs. And I thought black friday N3DS was a pain in the dick.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Do any of the amiibos give you something in-game you can't get without them?

Like do you have a wolf in-game if you don't have the TP amiibo?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jan 13, 2017

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Harrow posted:

For once I kinda dig the US box art for something more than the alternative. The blue-and-orange thing is way played out but I dunno, I'm into the whole stare-out-over-the-horizon deal.

Also the English logo for the game is way better than the Japanese one just because it includes the rusted-out Master Sword.

On the other hand the Japanese logo is super retro in a very primal way

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

LionArcher posted:

I ordered the special addition... for the Wii U. But Aside from Amazon saying that it was for the Wii U, I have seen no confirmation that the Wii U is getting a special addition. I'm confused. Not worried about getting the game now (saw a video of the two games side by side and the graphically upgrade isn't worth $400 to me) but I would be bummed if I can't get a dope carrying case for my future switch current 3ds plus the soundtrack...

wait, there's video of the wii u version?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

The Walrus posted:

wait, there's video of the wii u version?

Check twitter and YouTube. Seen several side by side comparisons. It doesn't look as sharp, but it sure as hell doesn't look $420 better. Not hating on the Switch, but I already have a Wii U and a pro controller so...

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

LionArcher posted:

You might want to check your order. I don't think there is a WiiU Special Edition. I checked my Amazon order and it says Special Edition - Switch. The product page now says switch instead of Wii U like it did last night.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

LionArcher posted:

Check twitter and YouTube. Seen several side by side comparisons. It doesn't look as sharp, but it sure as hell doesn't look $420 better. Not hating on the Switch, but I already have a Wii U and a pro controller so...

Theoretically it would be $420 vs. $60+whatever you paid for your Wii U and pro controller... Unless you aren't gonna buy any other games for the Switch but you did for the U.

After 4 years with the U the only games that have stuck with me are 3D World, MK8, the Bayo's, Splatoon and Tropical Freeze (not counting zelda HD). To a lesser extent Mario Maker and NSMBU. They nearly are gonna exceed that in the first year here if SMO is as good as it looked in that trailer.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

You might want to check your order. I don't think there is a WiiU Special Edition. I checked my Amazon order and it says Special Edition - Switch. The product page now says switch instead of Wii U like it did last night.

Just did and it also says switch. Oh well. The Annoying thing is that the Amazon page order for the Wii U addition is still the old picture and release date says march 13th? I'm confused

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Well my Switch is preordered but not the game itself. Thank you Amazon for whatever is causing the delay! I don't need no fancy pants special edition, dammit!

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

If you're just after the game itself I can't imagine there being a problem with just pre ordering it whenever/day before, or walking into a store and getting it. I can't think of a time there was an actual shortage of a game in the Amazon era.

Master's Edition doesn't appear to have been in stock anywhere all day today.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
^^^ It ran out by 3am central last night.

MokBa posted:

Well my Switch is preordered but not the game itself. Thank you Amazon for whatever is causing the delay! I don't need no fancy pants special edition, dammit!

They ran out, it's gone.

Also, looks like there's gryoscopic bow aiming. I liked the gyro aiming stuff in Skyward Sword but no waggle sword would be good.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

One watch of that loving trailer and I ordered the switch. Just need to get the game preordered via amazon at some point. I imagine they'll get more.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Those Zoras are based on their Oracle of Ages design aren't they?

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

ImpAtom posted:

It says "Zelda" right below the Amiibo.

As long as she is named Zelda she can do stuff. As soon as she reveals herself as Zelda? Boom. Kidnapped.

Spirit Tracks.

Well, okay, I guess she kinda gets kidnapped, but she doesn't let that stop her so it's okay.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Now that the Joycons are confirmed to work like Wiimotes, I guess Skyward Sword HD is an inevitability.

I think you mean "Master, I predict a 95% likelyhood of this game getting an HD remake."

Amppelix posted:

They've gotten so much better at making amiibos. Remember the smash amiibos with just piss-colored rectangles for support stands

They insisted on having the same design as the in-game trophies, except those weren't designed to be physical.

Keiya fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jan 13, 2017

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Cojawfee posted:

^^^ It ran out by 3am central last night.

They ran out, it's gone.

Also, looks like there's gryoscopic bow aiming. I liked the gyro aiming stuff in Skyward Sword but no waggle sword would be good.

Welp I might just end up downloading it straight to the system then. Which is hopefully still a thing considering I haven't heard anything about it yet.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Back up on Amazon.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm relying on this thread to keep me informed of why Amazon's claiming a ship date of the 13th for the special edition.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

I'm relying on this thread to keep me informed of why Amazon's claiming a ship date of the 13th for the special edition.

I'm wondering the same. I have the special addition pre ordered, because I thought it was the Wii U version. Now I'm seeing just the special addition on EBay is going for about $200... I'm thinking I'll keep my pre order and watch prices. If it stays that way I may flip it and get paid to play BOTW on the Wii U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

I planted radishes in this special dirt and they came up all weird!
:science: :ughh:

Larrymer posted:

Back up on Amazon.

Danke. Preordered a Switch and regular edition of Zelda from Amazon. Still not entirely sold on the Switch, but I guess I have a month to change my mind if I'm not entirely confident in it.