Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

They should just put wiiu games on it since nobody owns one anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Sakurazuka posted:

Better a good game you can play for a month than a lovely indie you delete after 30 seconds.

if the companies involved had the situation reversed this would not be the attitude about it imo

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I have one

....in its box in my closet.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

rabidsquid posted:

if the companies involved had the situation reversed this would not be the attitude about it imo

I'd prefer PS1 games over 99% of the PS+ games we get too

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

they used to give away ps1 games before they started giving out full games and people loving hated that

also i sometimes think about unplugging my wii u but thats because the controller turns on to advertise poo poo and scares the living poo poo out of me way too often. there is probably an option to turn this off somewhere but i will never find it

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Is this a deal, or are they batshit insane asking this price? http://gainesville.craigslist.org/vgm/5953647231.html

because if this is as good a deal as I think it is, I'm going first thing in the am to get it.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

You know when people complain about the free games that come with PS+ ?
Nintendo just announced that the Switch will have paid online but as a bonus you'll get a...free Nes/Snes game...that expires after a month. Lmfao

Nintendo are the epitome of "one step forward, two steps back".

KrayG
Jul 20, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Andrast posted:

I can't really think of any NES games I'd like to play for more than 10 minutes anymore

This seems extra applicable after playing the nes mini at a relatives house over Christmas, while the hit of nostalgia was grand who the gently caress is going to sit and play all of simons quest or final fantasy 1 in 2017?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

What else you gonna play on the switch :v: ?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I feel like even 20 years from now people will still play and be nostalgic for NES/SNES games. Those games were stupid hard and unfun, it's just the only options we had at the time.

The Switch reveal was pretty lol tbh. I know it's a moot point since they have their own market pretty much anyways and it doesn't really impact ps4/xbone sales much

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

KrayG posted:

This seems extra applicable after playing the nes mini at a relatives house over Christmas, while the hit of nostalgia was grand who the gently caress is going to sit and play all of simons quest or final fantasy 1 in 2017?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NexyGZCZ9KM&t=979s

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I feel like even 20 years from now people will still play and be nostalgic for NES/SNES games. Those games were stupid hard and unfun, it's just the only options we had at the time.

The Switch reveal was pretty lol tbh. I know it's a moot point since they have their own market pretty much anyways and it doesn't really impact ps4/xbone sales much

One thing it did prove was the Vita theory was right on the money; The Switch is going to be the new go-to platform for low/mid-range budget JRPG titles (they already announced a Berseria port and a couple other JRPG's).

And I am perfectly okay with this :allears:.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Zipperelli. posted:

Is this a deal, or are they batshit insane asking this price? http://gainesville.craigslist.org/vgm/5953647231.html

because if this is as good a deal as I think it is, I'm going first thing in the am to get it.

That's a pretty good deal, the console and VR bundle alone would be $900 if you can even find one at MSRP and he throws in a bunch of extra games and hardware. I hope he means Infamous Second Son though, Infamous 2 is a PS3 game.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I have a WiiU and I have barely played it in months. I am excited for the Switch, but I am already concerned because it seems like there will barely be any titles on it for a while. Mario NYC looks fun, though!

jeffLebowski
Mar 6, 2006

Obviously, you're not a golfer.

KrayG posted:

i dunno. i would pretty gladly sit down and play super mario 1, 2, or 3 straight through right now.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Have to say, for all the poo poo I'm gonna give the Switch (I'll never buy one), Zelda looks really good.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Morby posted:

I have a WiiU and I have barely played it in months. I am excited for the Switch, but I am already concerned because it seems like there will barely be any titles on it for a while. Mario NYC looks fun, though!

It's typical of any console in its first year, and we have solid release dates on some good games coming in the first three months (Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Splatoon 2). Nevermind the fact that the big king-hitter launch title is a colossal open-world game that's going to keep "mainstream" players happy for loving ages and they could've coasted on that alone for a fair while. Most consoles just poo poo the bed for the first six months waiting for studios to get their rushed first round of titles out the door, so Nintendo potentially have a better first-year lineup in place than most.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

isnt mario kart 8 deluxe just mario kart 8

KrayG
Jul 20, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

jeffLebowski posted:

i dunno. i would pretty gladly sit down and play super mario 1, 2, or 3 straight through right now.

I would too but no one is questioning the legacy of those titles. I'm specifically talking about the iceberg you cant see under the surface

I mean i love the nes and snes but could i couldn't name 12 games between the consoles that id be yearning to play again. Its just not a selling point.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

It's porterhouse to t-bone you see

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

rabidsquid posted:

Yeah, but with Inklings and "revised" battle mode.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Since the Switch is on a mobile Nvidia chip, it's not going to be at all compatible with Wii U or Wii titles and isn't backwards compatible.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's typical of any console in its first year, and we have solid release dates on some good games coming in the first three months (Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Splatoon 2). Nevermind the fact that the big king-hitter launch title is a colossal open-world game that's going to keep "mainstream" players happy for loving ages and they could've coasted on that alone for a fair while. Most consoles just poo poo the bed for the first six months waiting for studios to get their rushed first round of titles out the door, so Nintendo potentially have a better first-year lineup in place than most.

Most consoles poo poo the bed in the first 6 months to a year, but the WiiU poo poo the bed for nearly 2 years. I really hope the Switch will be better. I'm excited about the concept. If its portability and battery life are as good as advertised, I may leave the PS4 at home on work trips. The form factor alone makes that a more attractive prospect.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I am loving how broken Final Fantasy 15 is. It's like the game wants you to overlevel by 30 levels.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
As much as I'd love them to get back into it, Nintendo were never going to compete with PS4/Xbox, that just isn't what they do these days.

What this is really is a successor to the 3DS instead, a beefed-up handheld that you can happen to plug into a TV.

Zelda looks great but I don't know if I can justify the price for the 1 or 2 games a year I'm going to want to play on it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Horizon: Zero Dawn is what I will be playing at the beginning of March so I think I can wait and see on the Switch and the new Zelda, PS4 thread.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Why is Sony posting utter garbage trailers lately?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM523jjrvf4

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

haveblue posted:

Why is Sony posting utter garbage trailers lately?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM523jjrvf4

You said garbage, but it looks like you posted the wrong trailer???

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Do you think Sony just forgot who has access to their YouTube accounts

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Holy gently caress Yakuza 0 is out in less than 2 weeks 😳😳😳😳 no EU preorder but that's a day 1 purchase.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Holy gently caress Yakuza 0 is out in less than 2 weeks 😳😳😳😳 no EU preorder but that's a day 1 purchase.

How Sega makes these decisions is really bizarre and frustrating.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Between Yak5, 0, 6, and I believe 1-2 Remaster, I may need to change my avatar.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It's crazy how sega have announced 3 English language yakuza games for the next two years :allears::angel::dukedoge:

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I never played the first Yakuza, but I played 2,3, and 4. I also own the 5th one and should probably get started on it.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Do you think Sony just forgot who has access to their YouTube accounts

I think they don't give a poo poo because it's all automatic for them at this point. Develop submits game for certification, includes "preview video," video is posted to youtube and included on PSN.

El Seano
Dec 30, 2008
Fellow Goons I come in search of advice.

About four days ago my PS4 internet connection which is straight to the router via LAN started getting really inconsistent. It would drop connection and lag when before it had literally worked perfectly since I'd turned it on for the first time.

Now when I run an internet connection test on it, the results are baffling the gently caress out of me. Most of the time it will connect the the PS Network sometimes not. Most of the time the NAT type test fails, if it doesn't fail it will say type 3 and on very rare occasion it will say type 2. The speeds are all over the place too.

I tested downloading the free games off PS Plus this month as another connection test and it fails to download but then an immediate retry it will download with no problem so the connection to the internet cannot be THAT inconsistent because it's staying on and connected to the network long enough to download a GB of data.

Even more puzzling no game will play online except Rocket League which I just played a game of with absolutely no issues (and not against bots) before it kicked me out. Consistently that one game will play with no problems for a while whilst everything else won't even connect.

Everything else connected to this router is working absolutely normally; my phone, this laptop. I'm officially stumped. A google search turns up talk of opening ports and such but I don't understand why it'd go from "never had a problem" to this sudden (literally since Tuesday) refusal to connect to anything but Rocket League or why it's so inconsistent with everything else. It will also do the exact same thing on a wireless connection.

Any help guys?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

KrayG posted:

I mean i love the nes and snes but could i couldn't name 12 games between the consoles that id be yearning to play again.

Okay, this is a really dumb derail, particularly in this thread, but just off the top of my head:

NES

Super Mario Bros 1-3
Metroid
Excitebike
Legend of Zelda 1
Chrysalis
MegaMan 2-3

SNES

Super Metroid
Super Mario World 1-2
MegaMan X 1-3
Legend of Zelda: LTTP & L'sA
Illusion of Gaia
Secret of Mana
UN Squadron
Sunset Riders

Don't even get me started on the Sega Genesis.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

MZ posted:

As much as I'd love them to get back into it, Nintendo were never going to compete with PS4/Xbox, that just isn't what they do these days.

What this is really is a successor to the 3DS instead, a beefed-up handheld that you can happen to plug into a TV.

Zelda looks great but I don't know if I can justify the price for the 1 or 2 games a year I'm going to want to play on it.

I just hope the Wii U port isn't terrible. Based on how the game looks it doesn't seem like it should be any different, but I could see them hobbling it to sell the Switch. I really couldn't justify that since I barely touch my Wii U as is.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The Wii U version at the Video Game Awards vs the Switch version they're showing at Fallon/Treehouse streams/the trailers is like night and day. It chugged so hard and looked awful on Wii U.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

1redflag posted:

Okay, this is a really dumb derail, particularly in this thread, but just off the top of my head:

SNES

L'sA

get out of here poser