Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Inoki just came.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

skaboomizzy posted:

What in the actual hell are they doing with Aron Rex

"Wrestling's Liberace" is the concept, I believe. I can understand how it might be hard to tell, given the embarrassing execution (p. sure Liberace wouldn't wipe his rear end with that godawful fake-fur robe, for one, and his rings look like he raided a vending machine for them).

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Makes sense to me, nothing is more culturally relevant to young adults in 2017 than Liberace.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I thought this was Trump's America, wtf is this goldarn flim flam queerin Aron Rex!? :911:

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Ah, but think of the trails he's blazing for other wrestlers! After all, no one has ever before adopted the gimmick of "surrounds self with luxury, wears fancy robes to the ring". He's so original!

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Dalton Castle is wrestling's Liberace.

Why is Cody still in TNA? I thought he crossed Mike Bennett off of his wish list.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

skaboomizzy posted:

What in the actual hell are they doing with Aron Rex

If you think it's bad now, check out the part in the spoiler thread where he actually wrestles with the gimmick fully done

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Dr. Baker posted:

Dalton Castle is wrestling's Liberace.

Why is Cody still in TNA? I thought he crossed Mike Bennett off of his wish list.

It might be because TNA is the only company dumb enough to let his wife wrestle with basically no training

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Inoki just came.
Josh Barnett vs Bobby Lashley for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship is more Strong Style than Shinsuke Nakamura ever was

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oatgan posted:

Josh Barnett vs Bobby Lashley for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship is more Strong Style than Shinsuke Nakamura ever was

Enzyme levels off the charts

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Why are we calling the gimmick "Wrestling Liberace" and not "Gorgeous George Rip Off"

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

Why are we calling the gimmick "Wrestling Liberace" and not "Gorgeous George Rip Off"

because then The Maestro will sue

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Why didn't TNA just sign The Maestro? He's just as entertaining and would work even cheaper.

OOH LA LA

Ghidzilla
May 12, 2009

Tato posted:

Why didn't TNA just sign The Maestro? He's just as entertaining and would work even cheaper.

OOH LA LA

Has a better finisher too.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Couple things, as I periodically pop into this thread more out of curiousity than anything:

1) Gangstas in SMW was pretty awful for a lot of reasons, but it did have some strong New Jack promos, and the gem of a line "I've been to College and I have a criminal record, so I know how to make decisions". I've often thought that if New Jack were as good as like, Steve Armstrong or someone similar, in the ring, he could have been a world champion somewhere. Dude was a fabulous promo. Also understood the promo principle of "Dangerous psychopaths don't HAVE to raise their voice".

2) Looking at spoilers for this company makes me sad, because there's some really talented people and this crap is their first TV exposure in some cases. Trevor Lee, Andrew Everett, Eddie Kingston, Braxton Sutter, Marshe Rockett, they deserve better. I realize they made the choice to go there, but that doesn't make TNA less of a hellhole.. I hope the whole "WWE no longer sees TNA/Impact guys as poison" thing holds true for them and not just guys who were enormous indy stars before TNA.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I hope the whole "WWE no longer sees TNA/Impact guys as poison" thing holds true for them and not just guys who were enormous indy stars before TNA.
well i mean bobby roode and eric young were basically all tna so

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

aron rex

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

"I wish my brother, George Rex, was here."

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Those peach trunks though.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/819722863846498304 https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/819723986133221376

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

absolutely embarrassed.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope its just make up but he did something in is eyes?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's makeup. It gets a bit more outlandish and noticeable weeks later when he wrestles

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

People were mad that WWE didn't push this man harder.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

People were mad that WWE didn't push this man harder.

if it helps any, after seeing those, i no longer am.

this was also influenced by hearing that the idea for a "Liberace-esque" gimmick was Aron Rex's, and that he unsuccessfully pitched it to WWE. they clearly knew what they were doing

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
"I don't need ANYTHING from my time 'up north'!"

*continues to use "You're welcome" catchphrase*

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Tato posted:

OOH LA LA
If they had signed Wicked J instead of Sting, the world would be a better place.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

seeing that, I almost feel bad for Aron

almost

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Wicked J's sincerity and good boyish looks would have kept TNA on Spike despite Dixie Carter's fumbling.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I may be paired with Spud, but this gimmick is still a dud

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

coconono posted:

Wicked J's sincerity and good boyish looks would have kept TNA on Spike despite Dixie Carter's fumbling.
And you'll still get sweet gifs of him tripping headfirst onto a chair!

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
So I guess this happened

https://twitter.com/WreactDown/status/819951052887756800

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

same bosses just as incompetent as the old bosses.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

This company is an Ed Wood movie brought to life

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

DJExile posted:

This company is an Ed Wood movie brought to life
No, Ed Wood gave a poo poo when his employees were hosed up on painkillers.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/AronsThoughts/status/819958796072067072

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Sad thing is, I can see what they're going for, but he and/or the writers are just incapable of pulling it off.

Kip-up, my friend.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
:aronrex:

You'd think the company that owns the wrestling company AND the TV network would put the right show on their own network.

dsriggs fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jan 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

So the problem wasn't Dixie or Jarrett

Maybe the company is cursed to make everyone around and in it really really really loving bafflingly stupid

• Locked thread