Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

XOIC of Radishes posted:

Danke. Preordered a Switch and regular edition of Zelda from Amazon. Still not entirely sold on the Switch, but I guess I have a month to change my mind if I'm not entirely confident in it.

That's my thought. And if it's anything like every Nintendo console release ever, it'll be in short supply and you'll get your money back reselling it used even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing
The special edition of Zelda: BOTW is up for preorder on Amazon - http://amzn.to/2jgLRjn

Might want to act fast, this is selling out fast.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Neo_Reloaded posted:

The special edition of Zelda: BOTW is up for preorder on Amazon - http://amzn.to/2jgLRjn

have they already sold out of the version with the Master Sword?

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing

mabels big day posted:

Looks like it. Amazon, Best Buy, and Gamestop all show as sold out for that, and Reggie said how limited it would be. I had to settle for the special edition - it has everything except the sword.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

mabels big day posted:

Yeah.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Carbon dioxide posted:

Those Zoras are based on their Oracle of Ages design aren't they?

Looks more like TP zoras to me.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Neo_Reloaded posted:

Special Edition seems to stay in stock a decent amount of time at various retailers, and the regular edition will be possible to get day-of. Really only need to worry if you're after the Master.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Got my special edition preorder in, but Amazon says the release date is the 13th, not the third. Hope that's a typo and I get it on the correct date. :argh:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think if you're after the master edition at this point, you are going to spend 500 on ebay or 129 on ebay next year.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

What instrument are we going to be playing though?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I talked to a local GS manager. This is in CA. He said the opening went smooth and they had enough for everyone. Except the ME. He called his DM to find out what happened.

Apparently, GS did not allocate the ME. They just put them all in a big pool and when the EST stores opened, they got them all. Every. Single. One.

Pretty hosed up.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

I think if you're after the master edition at this point, you are going to spend 500 on ebay or 129 on ebay next year.

I've got a Master from BB and a Special from Amazon in case the former falls through. Was hoping to get the Master from Amazon to get the prime discount, but i'll take it at non-scalped prices. Can always cancel the Special or sell it at price to a friend/goon if it does genuinely sell out.

e; https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N224U9S/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=21PBD857A1VGL&coliid=I2LZBXO1HMUMF4
This has been popping in and out of stock for the past hour, if you want it just refresh every few minutes.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Neo_Reloaded posted:

Looks like it. Amazon, Best Buy, and Gamestop all show as sold out for that, and Reggie said how limited it would be. I had to settle for the special edition - it has everything except the sword.

I got that from Best Buy, I happened to refresh their page first. That's the edition I wanted anyway. I mean, I'm going to hae to drop $20 on a carry case anyway, so the cool map, collector coin, and themed case is actually a decent deal.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

I talked to a local GS manager. This is in CA. He said the opening went smooth and they had enough for everyone. Except the ME. He called his DM to find out what happened.

Apparently, GS did not allocate the ME. They just put them all in a big pool and when the EST stores opened, they got them all. Every. Single. One.

Pretty hosed up.

Holy poo poo, they are stupid.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Keiya posted:

I got that from Best Buy, I happened to refresh their page first. That's the edition I wanted anyway. I mean, I'm going to hae to drop $20 on a carry case anyway, so the cool map, collector coin, and themed case is actually a decent deal.

Yeah the map is probably going to get framed and go next to my Zelda 1 manual map. Sword (pending Best Buy not canceling my order) will go right behind my desk so that it is in frame during all video calls with my Skull Kid. May just sell the coin and CD though.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Nephzinho posted:

Yeah the map is probably going to get framed and go next to my Zelda 1 manual map. Sword (pending Best Buy not canceling my order) will go right behind my desk so that it is in frame during all video calls with my Skull Kid. May just sell the coin and CD though.

I think I'm going to cancel my Special addition Order and just get the Wii U version, but I do really want the cd...

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

LionArcher posted:

I think I'm going to cancel my Special addition Order and just get the Wii U version, but I do really want the cd...

I'm sure all of the Special components will hit Ebay for $10-20 except the case and sword.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I really hope the world is full of stuff, getting big time empty expanse vibes from the wideshots. Size is only cool to a certain point and then it just feels empty or starts feeling generic with copy/paste points of interest like those reefs in WW.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I wonder how the Master Sword will work in this. I'd assume they're not just going to give you an infinite-durability sword with good attack power and undermine the whole weapon-scavenging system. My guess is that it'll be some combination of the following:

a) The Master Sword has durability but it can be repaired, or its durability regenerates over time.
b) It's not particularly remarkable against most enemies, but is very strong against (or the only way to hurt) enemies closely associated with Ganon.
c) It can't be used as an actual weapon until the very end of the game.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'm going to guess that the master sword is an endgame item. It's not good but it has inherent magic that damages Ganon.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
It could be sort of like Wind Waker, where the sword isn't anything special until Link fully powers it up with Sage Magic or whatever.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Or you just upgrade/reforge the Master Sword over time to improve its power/ability.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Zelda weapons have never really been about DPS stats, so if they go that route it'd be kind of lovely TBQH.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Zelda BotW is a journey of discovery. Where Link discovers the master sword. He discovers it is his cock and then buttfucks zelda with it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rime posted:

Zelda weapons have never really been about DPS stats, so if they go that route it'd be kind of lovely TBQH.

Sure they have. Master -> Tempered -> Gold for example.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Zelda BotW is a journey of discovery. Where Link discovers the master sword. He discovers it is his cock and then buttfucks zelda with it.

I figured this is more or less what he did after the credits rolled after every game, is this not the case?

"Time to put the Master Sword back in its pedestal" :huh:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Rime posted:

Weapons definitely have a clear attack stat in BotW and every weapon we've seen also has durability, so it definitely matters in one way or another. If the Master Sword was both a strong weapon and had infinite durability, you'd have little reason to use other weapons, which kills the whole weapon-scavenging thing. So they're going to have to limit it in some way, either by making it weak in most circumstances, only usable/worth using at the very end of the game, or giving it durability (that, I'd assume, can be repaired, unlike other weapons).

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Zelda will get the Master Sword while Link uses Light Arrows to defeat Ganon.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
Couldn't catch treehouse coverage. Any word on dungeons yes/no? Meaning, traditional dungeons that are distinct from the ~100 sheikah shrines?

Agahnim
Sep 14, 2006

coffeecup posted:

Couldn't catch treehouse coverage. Any word on dungeons yes/no? Meaning, traditional dungeons that are distinct from the ~100 sheikah shrines?

Pretty sure they confirmed dungeons at E3.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Kfroog posted:

A Link to the Past is to the Zelda series what Super Metroid is to the Metroid series, i.e. the best one, because it was made in a time period when Nintendo's level designers really knew how to make this genre in particular work. They had respect for the player and also respect for themselves. They had the confidence to be subtle and trust the player to pick up on it.

Ocarina of Time is the best one (for my taste), and I wish Metroid had an N64 game!

Pumped for Breath of the Wild by the way, one more ride for my Wii-U. I'll pick up a Switch when it comes with that cool Mario Odyssey game packed in or a discount etc.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I pre-ordered the $99 edition without knowing what it contains because the guy told me there was only one left.
What's in it

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Calaveron posted:

I pre-ordered the $99 edition without knowing what it contains because the guy told me there was only one left.
What's in it

It has the game, a Sheikah switch case, some soundtrack CD and a coin, and a cloth map. I ended up getting it because it was 79 dollars on Amazon. I figure an actual switch case is going to end up being about 20 bucks anyway. That other stuff is just extra.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

Agahnim posted:

Pretty sure they confirmed dungeons at E3.

Thanks. The blurb on Nintendo's site really plays up shrines so I got worried.

e: for reference -

quote:

Features:

Explore the wilds of Hyrule any way you like—anytime, anywhere! - Climb up towers and mountain peaks in search of new destinations, then set your own path to get there and plunge into the wilderness. Along the way, you'll battle towering enemies, hunt wild beasts and gather ingredients for the food and elixirs you'll make to sustain you on your journey. With Nintendo Switch, you can literally take your journey anywhere.

More than 100 Shrines of Trials to discover and explore - Shrines dot the landscape, waiting to be discovered in any order you want. Search for them in various ways, and solve a variety of puzzles inside. The tasks you must perform in each Shrine varies, and you'll never expect the challenges you'll face until you enter. Some will involve realistic physics, and some will require you to harness the power of nature, including electricity, wind, fire, and more. Work your way through the traps and devices inside, utilizing your runes and think outside the box to earn special items and other rewards that will help you on your adventure.

coffeecup fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jan 13, 2017

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

quote:

I understand your concern about the release date.

However as per the order detail, guaranteed delivery date and release date of this item is March 13, 2017 and this is for Special Edition.

That's what I got from Amazon. I don't understand why Amazon's release is later than everyone else's.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

Harrow posted:

Weapons definitely have a clear attack stat in BotW and every weapon we've seen also has durability, so it definitely matters in one way or another. If the Master Sword was both a strong weapon and had infinite durability, you'd have little reason to use other weapons, which kills the whole weapon-scavenging thing. So they're going to have to limit it in some way, either by making it weak in most circumstances, only usable/worth using at the very end of the game, or giving it durability (that, I'd assume, can be repaired, unlike other weapons).

It looks like Link is carrying a very beaten up version of the sword in the trailer, so my guess is:

1) You rely purely on pick ups at the start and are always in danger of running out of items. Then,

2) You get the unpowered Master Sword which has infinite durability but is significantly weaker than many weapons you find, which means you can now use the sword on weak enemies and stockpile good weapons for hard areas, and then finally

3) Near the end of the game you get a fully powered infinite use master sword which the last quarter or third of the game is designed around.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Goddammit. Took half a day off work and sat in front of my Gamestop for 3 hours specifically to get the Master Edition, since in the 90 minutes between the end of the conference and when I had to go to bed, the thing wasn't listed (Target, Best Buy, Walmart), wasn't orderable (everywhere else), or was broken (Nintendo's own site). I'd say a third of the people who showed up before open today were going to preorder the Master Edition. We get in, and they're having trouble getting the Master Edition to show up on their computers. They assumed it was a glitch, and just told us to put $25 to preorder another edition, and once the Masters showed up, they'd swap them and let us know. I call them at 3, and he apologizes and says that it turns out they were online-only and were already all sold out.

Every loving time Nintendo does a big Collectors Edition like that, some bullshit goes down and they get presold instantly, and only appear on eBay for 2-3x cost, and I don't get one. Why don't they realize that such limited editions only cost them money? They don't need to go overboard like other games do where you can find $150 limited editions shelf-warming for two years after the game's release, but when your production lot sells out in literally minutes 2 months before release...maybe do another run!

This one I can at least partially blame on the various storefronts putting them up at absolutely lovely times (2am central on a Friday morning! Great plan!).

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I heard that Gamestop put all the master editions in a big pool for the whole country and the east coast took them all since they open first.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Pyroclastic posted:

Goddammit. Took half a day off work and sat in front of my Gamestop for 3 hours specifically to get the Master Edition, since in the 90 minutes between the end of the conference and when I had to go to bed, the thing wasn't listed (Target, Best Buy, Walmart), wasn't orderable (everywhere else), or was broken (Nintendo's own site). I'd say a third of the people who showed up before open today were going to preorder the Master Edition. We get in, and they're having trouble getting the Master Edition to show up on their computers. They assumed it was a glitch, and just told us to put $25 to preorder another edition, and once the Masters showed up, they'd swap them and let us know. I call them at 3, and he apologizes and says that it turns out they were online-only and were already all sold out.

Every loving time Nintendo does a big Collectors Edition like that, some bullshit goes down and they get presold instantly, and only appear on eBay for 2-3x cost, and I don't get one. Why don't they realize that such limited editions only cost them money? They don't need to go overboard like other games do where you can find $150 limited editions shelf-warming for two years after the game's release, but when your production lot sells out in literally minutes 2 months before release...maybe do another run!

This one I can at least partially blame on the various storefronts putting them up at absolutely lovely times (2am central on a Friday morning! Great plan!).

Sorry you can't get your video game sword statue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Pyroclastic posted:

Nintendo sucks, Gamestop stops before you cum and uses teeth. Or something

Look a few posts above yours. GS just hosed up.