Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

nawcom posted:

good ol' stephen lynch. wonder what he's doing these days

He was doing the Wedding Singer musical for a while, but still regularly tours. Though the last few shows I've been to are more of a production and didn't have the same feeling of spontaneity that his older shows did. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

The wheels have just flown off this spiritual tour bus :smith:

Also Maze needs to poke more fun at people more often.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Great way to end a scene.

Blind Rasputin posted:

Can you guys explain what a scion is and why Chloe may be one for those of us that don't read any of the comics or the Bible?

I played A LOT of Battlezone II, often as the alien race who were called Scion.

So that's what it means to me.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
How did this show end up being so good. In the beginning we could barely stand to watch it and now it's my family's favorite show. The women love Maze, love Chloe, love Trixie, love Doc Martin, really love Lucifer, and I think they are developing a healthy respect for Mum. My wife is confused over Amenadiel, she can't decide if he's a "good guy" or "bad guy". They are confused by Dan, one episode they hate him, the next they love him. I think he's great. Last episode really helped csi girl but I'm still on the fence.

In this last episode they stopped putting dark eye makeup on Chloe and she's beautiful.

My super-religious in-laws came to visit and we watched Lucifer. I thought they would poo poo bricks but their reaction was -- confused. I think they liked it but didn't want to say so.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

wormil posted:

I think they are developing a healthy respect for Mum

Mum is kinda depressing me because I fully believe she wants to try War On God 2.0, but has been delaying that plan to some extent because she legitimately loves that she's involved with some of her kid's lives. But that ain't going to be enough, she's going to go too far, and poo poo is going to go down. :(

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
I think it is good because the drama between the characters makes sense, and the characters are not cookie cutter police procedural or superhero show. No permanent damsels in distress. No stoic main character.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Another thing is the characters are always true to themselves. Plot happens because of them, rather than the other way around.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

wormil posted:

Another thing is the characters are always true to themselves. Plot happens because of them, rather than the other way around.

I think it's significant that whenever an episode starts, like 6 times out of 7, it starts on Lucifer and we discover the crime with him. Every now and then the murder of the week or the initial discovery of the body will be dramatized, but the show's about Lucifer, and not the cases he solves.

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

Is there a new episode tonight?

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

nah

e: the next episode is actually January 16th. sucks

Scrotum Modem fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Dec 6, 2016

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

nawcom posted:

nah

e: the next episode is actually January 16th. sucks

Damnit!

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
One thing absolutely driving my girlfriend insane is whenever they're talking to Mum, the script constantly has them saying "mom." Like 10 times in a 2 minute conversation.

WE GET IT. SHE'S YOUR MOTHER. STOP THAT.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
To be fair though, most people call their mothers some version of 'mom'; her vessel's name is Charlotte but that's not really her name so it'd be weird to call her that....

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
They've never established an actual name for her, similar to how there's no actual name for god/dad. So it kind of makes sense for them to just fall back on those, even if it does get a bit repetitive.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Depending on your religion, and yes, within the Judeo-Christian system, God may or may not have a proper name.

As Indiana Jones could tell you, it didn't begin with a J in Latin....

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

tarlibone posted:

Depending on your religion, and yes, within the Judeo-Christian system, God may or may not have a proper name.

As Indiana Jones could tell you, it didn't begin with a J in Latin....

True that some religions and sects do have a proper name. In the context of Lucifer however there doesn't seem to be a proper name for either mom OR dad. You'd think if there was one of the 4 literal divine beings we've encountered so far would have made some indication of it by now, after all.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
Well it's not them even calling her that, it's just the way the writers are writing the dialogue.

"Mom, you have to understand. You can't kill Chloe, mom. Lucifer would chase you to the ends of the earth. Think about it, mom. This is a foolish thing to do, mom."

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Maybe they're just trying to head off the incest shippers by running it into the ground.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Douche

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Have you seen the promo for the next episode? Chloe looks like hell. She hasn't had that reaction before when hanging out with Lucifer; maybe Amenadiel is regaining his angel powers by taking her miracle one, whatever that means?

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

Luckier is going to give up his powers to save Chloe, meaning that he can't go back to Heaven, meaning Mom will be pissed, but God will be happy that Lucifer did something selfless. It'll be just like season 1!

Kwatz fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Dec 17, 2016

Love Crime
Apr 4, 2016
I'm really liking this season, such a huge improvement making it more serialized. All of the jokes are so much funnier and the real dramatic moments are done so well that it's hard for me to even find any faults.

I never thought Rachael Harris would impress me with her acting skill being primarily a comedian but she really nailed it in the reaction to Lucifer revealing himself. Such a well done scene from both of them, plus the music. Also Jesus Christ she just had a child at 48 years old.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

How the gently caress has this show been on hiatus for a month and now they're advertising a couple of episodes left until the "winter finale"?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
According to Wikipedia episode 13 is on January 30, and episode 14 is on May 1. I guess they've been slack in filming the back half of the season?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Looks like they're sticking 24 and that crappy cop show APB in the Monday night time slot until May.

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

The Lord Bude posted:

According to Wikipedia episode 13 is on January 30, and episode 14 is on May 1. I guess they've been slack in filming the back half of the season?

I don't think they got the order for the last 6 episodes until late last year, so they're probably filming them right now.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Never forget that Fox is a network of evil Arseholes, and that's why the devil chose them for his show.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Fox continues to be the worst loving thing to happen to television.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
One of the show runners said they are just following the same setup as Gotham, so that might be why there's a weird hiatus going on.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Maze getting pissed and deciding to take her cereal with liquor instead of milk was amazing.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Oh Luci......you're trying so hard.....

Somebody pat the poor demon on the head already; she just wants to be acknowledged!

Ha, I knew he'd do a guy given the chance.

Astrofig fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jan 17, 2017

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

"Time to go slut this up." Maze. :allears:

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Ooooh is Luci gonna get to break out the awesome again?

Oh poo poo is this a Horseman we're seeing here? Pestilence maybe?

Also YAAAAAY DECKERSTAR!!!!!

Astrofig fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jan 17, 2017

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Is this show on again? When does it hit Hulu??

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Yup, new tonight. And dunno when it hits Hulu but Fox is usually pretty good about putting up the new eps on their site.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Oh good god, what was that?

:barf:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Oh man, the little asian girl who successfully managed to creep out the lord of darkness himself. That was amazing :allears:

Anyone else thinking "They are talking about Maze" when they started discussing the girl with the death stare and creepy vibe?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Oh man, the little asian girl who successfully managed to creep out the lord of darkness himself. That was amazing :allears:

Anyone else thinking "They are talking about Maze" when they started discussing the girl with the death stare and creepy vibe?

Not really because ever since she started doing the bounty hunting thing Maze has been ridiculously cheerful, even when she blew up Amenediel's car.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
I teared up a little during Luci's speech at the very end. :3: It finally happened!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Nice to see the show being a little more explicit(ish) about Lucifer swinging both ways.

• Locked thread