Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

El Burbo posted:

After listening to all the languages the trailer is in, I have decided that Latin Spanish is the best one and I wish I could play that one

The Kingdom of irule. A threat existent from immemorial ages.

The Cataclysm known as Ganon is a cool way to dub that, tho.

Aaaargh i got the old man voice actor's name on the tip of my tongue, i can almost recognize him. Zelda's alright in this version.

Okay, you're right, latin spanish is the best casting and direction so far. I hope there's an audio language select, I want to hear them speak but I don't like reading game text in Spanish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Yes, but Wolf Link doesn't give you hearts, instead it becomes a doggo buddy that helps you in your adventures. Its health is tied to some boring challenge room bs from TPHD

So what you're telling me is I need to hurry up and beat Wind Waker HD, so I can go buy TPHD and then beat it, so I have a dope companion on march 3rd on my Wii U

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

you don't need to beat tphd to get the wolf companion just the amiibo will do

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

a webcomic author that did a concept for playable Zelda that turned her into Girl Link in a purple outfit.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

El Burbo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7YVjEpR7jg

but that video doesn't have the latin version, just Spain spanish at the end. Spain spanish would drive me insane with how they say some words
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRto9v9dXno

You mean with a Castellano accent? Yeah, I hate that poo poo too and I'm not even a Spanish speaker. My friends (being that I'm in Southern California) that are Spanish speaker hate it too, it drives one particular friend up the wall and it's hilarious.

LionArcher posted:

So what you're telling me is I need to hurry up and beat Wind Waker HD, so I can go buy TPHD and then beat it, so I have a dope companion on march 3rd on my Wii U

The dungeon only gets you more hearts for when you summon the Wolf in BOTW, but you can do it with just the amiibo having never played TPHD.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Augus posted:

Wonder what the story is behind Zelda having the same kind of tunic and equipment as Link

They're married, this time before the game starts.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Ganon is their baby

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The game ties into 1 2 switch. You need to feed Ganon milk.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Waltzing Along posted:

The game ties into 1 2 switch. You need to feed Ganon milk.

You joke but watch the final fight be that gun minigame but with a bow.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

bobjr posted:

You joke but watch the final fight be that gun minigame but with a bow.

I'm listening.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I liked gerudo lady in the trailer

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

s.i.r.e. posted:

You mean with a Castellano accent? Yeah, I hate that poo poo too and I'm not even a Spanish speaker. My friends (being that I'm in Southern California) that are Spanish speaker hate it too, it drives one particular friend up the wall and it's hilarious.

The dungeon only gets you more hearts for when you summon the Wolf in BOTW, but you can do it with just the amiibo having never played TPHD.

Don't you need to buy TPHD to get the amiibo?

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

The voices sound fine, IMO. I'm pretty sure the 100 years ago guy is the same voice as the one that asks you to rescue his daughter, EG the king/Zeldad. I somehow doubt they'd give the Deku Tree that voice. I really like the VA they got for Zelda, I never actually considered the possibility of English Zelda but it works nice. The only VA I wasn't feeling was the old lady/probably Impa, it sounded too much like someone trying to sound old and kinda fell flat. None of them seemed like they were worth getting upset about, though, they all sounded like solid picks from the ~30 seconds of dialogue we've actually heard.

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

The only console I've bought in the last decade is my Vita (for Persona 4), so it seems fitting that the next console purchase was a $560 AUD preorder of a Switch and BoTW.

The Zelda games have always captured my imagination and had a certain atmosphere that embodied what I like about videogames. The eccentricity and sense of adventure in Majora's Mask and Wind Waker are something I never really found outside the series. Worlds that were interesting and strange just to be in.

So to take that and then bring in a strong Studio Ghibli vibe in the art direction and music, and to incorporate the kind of broad player tool set found in games like Dragon's Dogma and Far Cry 2 has me really interested to see if it will all come together. Interested enough to preorder at least :3:

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Hocus Pocus posted:

So to take that and then bring in a strong Studio Ghibli vibe in the art direction and music, and to incorporate the kind of broad player tool set found in games like Dragon's Dogma and Far Cry 2 has me really interested to see if it will all come together. Interested enough to preorder at least :3:

Let's just hope Link can surf his shield up a wall much like Lupin's car in Castle of Cagliostro!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

a.lo posted:

were great fairies even in skyward sword?

They were replaced by statues that sing or something.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
New Zelda's pretty cute fam

Also her design reminds me of the older Zelda designs for some reason. This whole game feels like it's echoing the first three Zelda games or so, and I love it

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Just got my preorder for the WiiU version in. Was hyped to buy a switch yesterday but then I remembered I'm broke and that I bought a Vita at launch and that didn't work out too well..

Hopefully the Wiiu version isn't too different. I'm ready for a new Zelda!

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

There's one thing I've been very curious about ever since they revealed Wolf Link. Will I be able to train dogs and wolves to be my hunting buddies? It seems weird to include that as an Amiibo-only feature.

What I'm saying is let me have a good doggo to go on quests with me please.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

MokBa posted:

There's one thing I've been very curious about ever since they revealed Wolf Link. Will I be able to train dogs and wolves to be my hunting buddies? It seems weird to include that as an Amiibo-only feature.

What I'm saying is let me have a good doggo to go on quests with me please.
I thought we were going to be able to get other doggie friends, but the amiibo will give us Wolf Link. Like you said, I don't think they'd make the whole feature amiibo-only.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

LionArcher posted:

Don't you need to buy TPHD to get the amiibo?
Probably not anymore. I remember reading in a presser or something for BOTW that they are planning on releasing Wolf Link as a standalone.

Like, mostly sure I read that.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

There's seems to be a mechanic for taming wild horses (not just riding them once), and it looks like it might extend to dogs as well.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I just want to point out how much the cover of Breath of the Wild owns.

And here is a painting, Wanderer Above The Sea Of Fog by Caspar David Friedrich.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Nietzsche's Z For Zelda

Runcible Cat posted:

I thought we were going to be able to get other doggie friends, but the amiibo will give us Wolf Link. Like you said, I don't think they'd make the whole feature amiibo-only.

Sam Faust posted:

There's seems to be a mechanic for taming wild horses (not just riding them once), and it looks like it might extend to dogs as well.

Yeah these are both my thoughts as well. There just hasn't been anything confirming it as far as I know.

Oh god there's so much in this game we haven't even seen! I'm curious about the dungeons. And if human-Ganon will make an appearance. Calamity Ganon could easily just be "Phantom Ganon" and the real guy is hiding in that castle. OR HE'S THE OLD MAN.

One things I give these games huge props for is how much they never seem to sexualize Zelda. Giving her huge breasts and ample cleavage in Hyrule Warriors really bothered me. I love that she's rocking an outfit akin to Link's in this. I hope she comes along on a quest with you.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
In the treehouse stream the non Miyamoto guy said you can sort of tame dogs and they will follow you around.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
What's with Japanese and their open world protagonists with ponytails? Is it a samurai thing

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

WaltherFeng posted:

What's with Japanese and their open world protagonists with ponytails? Is it a samurai thing

Long hair befits a character who does a lot of traveling in the wilderness and doesn't have a lot of time to go to the barber, but also long hair is difficult and costly to animate, so they just have them tie it up in the back.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Geralt-dono

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MokBa posted:

One things I give these games huge props for is how much they never seem to sexualize Zelda. Giving her huge breasts and ample cleavage in Hyrule Warriors really bothered me.

That's just Koei Tecmo

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Crappy Jack posted:

Long hair befits a character who does a lot of traveling in the wilderness and doesn't have a lot of time to go to the barber, but also long hair is difficult and costly to animate, so they just have them tie it up in the back.

But they do this in live action too.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

greatn posted:

But they do this in live action too.

they want to keep the hair out of the actor's eyes so that the audience can see their face. at least, that's what I'd assume

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
The dude who was playing this in the Treehouse Live show pissed me off because he didn't try to pet that dog. What a motherfucker

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I'm going to feel so bad when I roll a burning barrel down a cliff at some Moblins and blow up my dog by mistake.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

youcallthatatwist posted:

they want to keep the hair out of the actor's eyes so that the audience can see their face. at least, that's what I'd assume

Also helps with continuity, I'd wager.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

PerrineClostermann posted:

New Zelda's pretty cute fam

Also her design reminds me of the older Zelda designs for some reason. This whole game feels like it's echoing the first three Zelda games or so, and I love it

Going just by the combo of eyebrows and hairstyle, I'd believe it if she was influenced by Emilia Clarke in Game of Thrones.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Although Polygon is notoriously bad at games, they've got 17 minutes of BotW game play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=310PF8ctRTM

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

It looks like bokoblins just pickup whatever to attack you with. Just like farming equipment and brooms and poo poo.

I look forward to wacking the forces of evil with a mop.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The combat music is so Jazzy, I love it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Holy poo poo I cant wait to play this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Gliding onto a horse and then immediately getting on it to ride is is incredibly dope.