Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Dias posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNRPiSQ1E-8

Probably on the Anime Topic that I don't follow but rev2 and BEST GIRL BAIKEN

i'm excited to try both of these characters and then probably not play them because one specific mechanic on each of them doesn't click with me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Shiki Dan posted:

Throw softening, super moves, and juggles were all considered "scrubby" and pandering by the WW/HF OGs back in the day.

considering throw softens are basically a direct response to someone yelling "but I threw you first!" when they didn't, this makes sense

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

Zand posted:

considering throw softens are basically a direct response to someone yelling "but I threw you first!" when they didn't, this makes sense

If two players throw on the same frame in ST, the victor is determined randomly. In that context it's a little understandable

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
This is pretty much required reading and a pretty good firsthand account of the friction between Capcom Japan and Capcom America

http://www.polygon.com/a/street-fighter-2-oral-history

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I'm the business ninja.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
even ssf2 is too fast for capcom japan, maybe it would be better as a turn-based game.

perhaps fight by mail, give you enough time to get your footsies right, think about it a little.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rev2 will be a large update and include new moves for the entire cast along with balance changes.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

bad metaphors posted:

If two players throw on the same frame in ST, the victor is determined randomly. In that context it's a little understandable

that's badass

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dias posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNRPiSQ1E-8

Probably on the Anime Topic that I don't follow but rev2 and BEST GIRL BAIKEN

Baiken is trash but the Business Ninja seems super great.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

They just released Rev on PC at full price. Like three weeks ago. Of course they would make a new revision immediately after.

That Business Ninja guy, seriously, how do they come up with this poo poo :allears:

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jan 14, 2017

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

C. Everett Koop posted:

even ssf2 is too fast for capcom japan, maybe it would be better as a turn-based game.

perhaps fight by mail, give you enough time to get your footsies right, think about it a little.

Have you ever played toribash? That poo poo is fun

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

They just released Rev on PC at full price. Like three weeks ago. Of course they would make a new revision immediately after.

That Business Ninja guy, seriously, how do they come up with this poo poo :allears:

they already did crackhead president ninja, business seems tame in comparison

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Saoshyant posted:

Rev 2 is a downloadable update friendo :)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

ROFL Octopus posted:

It still has to be released on PC, and there is zero reason to expect it'll come out on PC at the same time as consoles given the last two Xrd releases.

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

It's coming to all platforms at the same time apparently:

https://twitter.com/shini_zack/status/820263195415674880

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
I'm genuinely confused who this switch sf2 game is for. SF2 and the snes in general are like 8 years before the target audience for the switch were even born and if it's a nostalgia piece why is it slow as gently caress when sf2 turbo was out on snes first and (iirc) sold more than super did the year later?

in ST damage and stun values are somewhat random so sometimes you can do that sweet combo -> dizzy -> combo 100% combo and sometimes you just can't

cool game tho

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

darealkooky posted:

I'm genuinely confused who this switch sf2 game is for. SF2 and the snes in general are like 8 years before the target audience for the switch were even born and if it's a nostalgia piece why is it slow as gently caress when sf2 turbo was out on snes first and (iirc) sold more than super did the year later?

in ST damage and stun values are somewhat random so sometimes you can do that sweet combo -> dizzy -> combo 100% combo and sometimes you just can't

cool game tho

its for people like maximilian who, upon learning it wasn't hd remix, called it the definitive version of sf2 lol

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

darealkooky posted:

It's for people who buy a switch and want a local multiplayer game to play with their friends

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Jmcrofts posted:

It's for people who buy a switch and want a local multiplayer game to play with their friends

these people are more likely to buy stuff like the new bomberman, dbz xenoverse, minecraft or whatever mario co-op game will be coming out. not a prettied up re-release of a game from nearly 3 decades ago

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

darealkooky posted:

these people are more likely to buy stuff like the new bomberman, dbz xenoverse, minecraft or whatever mario co-op game will be coming out. not a prettied up re-release of a game from nearly 3 decades ago

Games are fun again #nintensoswitch

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
How much longer is it likely before PC Revelator gets the update after the PS4 version?

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
shini said all platforms will be treated equally

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

ROFL Octopus posted:

What, like free? Can't imagine, but maybe it's way cheaper than buying the whole thing again and that'll be alright.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Saoshyant posted:

What, like free? Can't imagine, but maybe it's way cheaper than buying the whole thing again and that'll be alright.

it's not free, but it's cheaper than a full price disc, and rev owners get a discount

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
its a dlc update like super to arcade SF4.

it will have a standalone version but also be DLC.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

darealkooky posted:

You're not wrong but I'm pretty sure Bomberman is also a prettied up re-release of a game from nearly 3 decades ago

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

DoubleDonut posted:

You're not wrong but I'm pretty sure Bomberman is also a prettied up re-release of a game from nearly 3 decades ago

Also the Switch bomberman game is loaded up with microtransactions and looks like garbage

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Jmcrofts posted:

Also the Switch bomberman game is loaded up with microtransactions and looks like garbage

When did they say there were any microtransactions? All I saw was a currency that you could get in-game for continues and cosmetic goodies

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Bomberman looks like poo poo buy FGOTY 2017 Arms looks... okay.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

canoshiz posted:

Are those new voices?

edit: They're SF4 voices :stare:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_1D5By-R98

I'm going to say it. The CPS 2 sound samples for SF2 sucked so very badly.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

A.o.D. posted:

I'm going to say it. The CPS 2 sound samples for SF2 sucked so very badly.

The problem wasn't the sounds, it's that the frameskip method also rendered the sounds too quickly, which is why everybody's voices are so high-pitched in ST.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
this just in: the good jojo is being streamed at https://www.twitch.tv/game_versus

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

dunno if any game where some but not all of the cast gets a reversal for 1/9th of their total meter that leads into a lengthy 50% combo on hit & free pressure/mixup puppet shenanigans on block can be good, regardless of the quality it's relatives have

e: I tune in & fist thing I see is a dio pulling off the post ko timestop glitch that lets him auto kill someone in round 2, so I guess it's a good game after all

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jan 15, 2017

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

darealkooky posted:

cool game tho

It's for people who have a hard time knowing the difference between Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat.

It's for people who think fighting games are cute.

It's for people who want the Nintendo Switch.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

anothergod posted:

It's for people who have a hard time knowing the difference between Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat.

It's for people who think fighting games are cute.

It's for people who want the Nintendo Switch.

It's for people who don't play video games but want a Nintendo Classic.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Honestly the switch could be a really good console for fighting games. Just because of the portability and the ability to prop up that screen anywhere makes the idea of bringing your console to a friends house or somewhere public a pretty easy and simple idea.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Honestly the switch could be a really good console for fighting games. Just because of the portability and the ability to prop up that screen anywhere makes the idea of bringing your console to a friends house or somewhere public a pretty easy and simple idea.

NeoGeo games are confirmed. Anyway I think a Nintendo vs Capcom would be cool. Maybe Nintendo could pull a Bayonetta and have Sega create Virtual Fighter 6 exclusively to the Switch.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

El Estrago Bonito posted:

a melty port will sell dozens

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Namco has been involved in the development of Smash 4 and I imagine their role is in character and system balance, and the Switch version will be a balanced, final version of the game's gold release on one disc you can just buy and play with no patching, the way I understand Tekken games to work. Truly, these are exciting times for gaming enthusiasts of all stripes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A smash spin off that's a more traditional
1v1 fighting game would be cool