Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

darkgray posted:

Novel - Manga - Anime

I feel like the girl on the bottom has spiders on her face or something with those eyelashes.

Bottom left and middle I think work "better" than bottom right.

I mean I like the design of bottom middle, but with the Shaft head tilt seems kinda overly confident and out of character for her; it could've worked if her character was a sassy teasing older sister type instead of the more doormat-esque shy fangirl she currently is; unless this changes?

Bottom left fits soooo much better with what's happened and seems like she's seen some poo poo and is scarred for life; just wants to curl up in the fetal position and cry.

Top middle is too symmetrical and uninteresting and gives me a sense of remorse that I don't think fits Tanya; top right is at least looking up and alert.

Top left I think works and comes across as sinister but also the eyes are kinda weird and accidentally makes me think evil snow fairy.

Bottom right is I think fine on it's own merits but seeing bottom left is basically making me think what could have been.

Ep2 of Tanya is very good; I love how they had the voice actor of Kichou from Thunderbolt Fantasy as well. It all fits so well.

e: Evil Tanya voice is the best and is basically all I want from this; realistic depiction of artillery is the bonus; how do you make streamable gif's?

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jan 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Sat down and checked out Gabriel and Handshakers, and Gabriel looks generic as hell, but it works with the Disgaea-style sense of humor. I'm in for another episode.

Hand Shakers, meanwhile, was ugly as sin but also visually interesting, if that makes sense? It was bright and had weird textures and just was interesting - but the writing was so god drat terrible I couldn't keep watching. At least Divine Gate was so bad it was funny!

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Armor-Piercing posted:

LWA I still need to watch the first OVA for.

I watched LWA without seeing the OVAs and don't feel like I missed anything; it's apparently like a reboot or something, so you can watch one without having seen the other.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

StrixNebulosa posted:

Hand Shakers, meanwhile, was ugly as sin but also visually interesting, if that makes sense? It was bright and had weird textures and just was interesting - but the writing was so god drat terrible I couldn't keep watching. At least Divine Gate was so bad it was funny!

There was a Sakuga blog link last page that explains what the gently caress is going on here, if you're curious.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Raenir Salazar posted:

I mean I like the design of bottom middle, but with the Shaft head tilt seems kinda overly confident and out of character for her; it could've worked if her character was a sassy teasing older sister type instead of the more doormat-esque shy fangirl she currently is; unless this changes?

Bottom left fits soooo much better with what's happened and seems like she's seen some poo poo and is scarred for life; just wants to curl up in the fetal position and cry.

Top middle is too symmetrical and uninteresting and gives me a sense of remorse that I don't think fits Tanya; top right is at least looking up and alert.

Top left I think works and comes across as sinister but also the eyes are kinda weird and accidentally makes me think evil snow fairy.

Bottom right is I think fine on it's own merits but seeing bottom left is basically making me think what could have been.

Ep2 of Tanya is very good; I love how they had the voice actor of Kichou from Thunderbolt Fantasy as well. It all fits so well.

e: Evil Tanya voice is the best and is basically all I want from this; realistic depiction of artillery is the bonus; how do you make streamable gif's?

https://gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

devtesla posted:

There was a Sakuga blog link last page that explains what the gently caress is going on here, if you're curious.

I am curious, thank you!

....Is K similarly weird to look at? Should I go find an episode to watch?

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Raenir Salazar posted:

do you know how animation designs work

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Parallax posted:

do you know how animation designs work

That's a rather broad topic as I understand it, can you be more specific? I'm not sure why you're asking me.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like the Tanya animation designs

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Just to be clear I don't dislike them either. :shobon:

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
i do dislike them.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I made a thing, took me a couple of tries; but I can finally get "made an anime webm" stamped on my nerd cred.

e: or not its huge, resizing it. Sigh.

e2: finally stopped derping.

https://files.catbox.moe/t89ueo.webm

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jan 14, 2017

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

StrixNebulosa posted:

I am curious, thank you!

....Is K similarly weird to look at? Should I go find an episode to watch?

I recall getting physically sick trying to watch the first episode of K because of those rainbow post-processing gradients.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Armor-Piercing posted:

Demi-chan yes (it's good), LWA I still need to watch the first OVA for.

As zoglin said, I don't think you need the ova. It's a complete rewrite.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It's really loving good with amazing production values and writing, so everyone should watch it anyway.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

AnacondaHL posted:

I recall getting physically sick trying to watch the first episode of K because of those rainbow post-processing gradients.

Excellent. I'm in the mood for bad anime tonight, so I'll check it out, thanks! :getin:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
rakugo baby is a good baby

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Any cute girls doing sports anime this season a la Ping Pong Girl last season?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

a kitten posted:

It's really loving good with amazing production values and writing, so everyone should watch it anyway.

Seconded. The LWA OVA, along with the ROD OVA, are things that I will wholeheartedly recommend to anyone without reservation, and if you do not watch and enjoy them, then we can never be friends.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Marginal #4 is shaping up to be Actually Decent with good animation, good music, and good boys. Episode 1 consisted of 1 part idol to 2 parts high school shenanigans and focused on a lot of feel good :kimchi: character moments. If any of that appeals to you, it's worth a look.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Nipponophile posted:

Seconded. The LWA OVA, along with the ROD OVA, are things that I will wholeheartedly recommend to anyone without reservation, and if you do not watch and enjoy them, then we can never be friends.

same, but also re: cutie honey

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Zettace posted:

Any cute girls doing sports anime this season a la Ping Pong Girl last season?

The bicycle girl anime that I can't remember the name of might end up being that but as of the first episode the main character can't even ride a bike so it might take a while.
Nice backgrounds though.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Raenir Salazar posted:

e: Evil TanyaMadoka voice is the best and is basically all I want from this

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yal8nuVU6qQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTkKH1pguFw

Tamba fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Jan 14, 2017

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Personally, when Tanya talks, I hear Evil Tooru from A-Channel, but that's just a statement about how good a seiyuu Aoi Yuuki is.

I'm a big fan of Aoi Yuuki.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
lol youjo senki is about a randian sociopath

like it doesnt really validate her ideology and if anything it rewards the mc, but it constantly fucks with the mc with petty humiliations

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Kuzu no Honkai is getting a jdrama next week: http://www.fujitv.co.jp/kuzunohonkai_drama/

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Is there an actual new Amagami on the way or is it just that they made Seiren and I never paid attention to staff and studio names? It's got moments of OhComeOn and an MC with a nice boat futureb ut I quite like it.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jan 14, 2017

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I watched both the Little Witch Academia OVAs today and they were both excellent. Thank you friends.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I watched Scum's Wish and I shouldn't have because it's only going to annoy the poo poo out of me.

Also that ED :laugh:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Armor-Piercing posted:

I watched both the Little Witch Academia OVAs today and they were both excellent. Thank you friends.

:yeah:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quote:

FLIP FLAPPERS- Finally, a modern magical girl series that steps out of Madoka's shadow and delivers something that's unique, energetic, and positive as hell.

pr... precure?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
finally a magical girl show that doesn't try to be dark *quietly shoves aside 75% of magical girl anime released in the last five years*

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Finally, an anime

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Terper posted:

Finally, an anime

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Terper posted:

Finally, an anime

I've been waiting a long time for one

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Terper posted:

Finally, an anime

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Madoka cried, anime died

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Command Ant posted:

Personally, when Tanya talks, I hear Evil Tooru from A-Channel, but that's just a statement about how good a seiyuu Aoi Yuuki is.

I'm a big fan of Aoi Yuuki.

I just hear Victorique

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I dont like her voice

• Locked thread