Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Samizdata posted:

You forgot to mention brilliant puppet masters and drooling troll morons.

I'm just glad that despite everything, even when huge laughing stock idiots like Cymellion was discovered to be being harassed, the general consensus of the people in the thread was to leave the guy alone and let him have his opinion. Nobody was all "lol go reck him!" Unfortunately I'm sure the reddit guys (and probably Cymellion himself) will gleefully overlook those facts.

The unfortunate disadvantage of trying to have a "war" is that if your "enemy" exhibits positive or endearing qualities, it gets more difficult to continue the war. Removing those "normal person with logical feelings and emotions" from people makes it easy to look down on them.

If some hardcore backers or reddit guys hating on goons and such could swallow that they'd probably realize it's because this "war" they think is happening is only them having a war against a group who isn't at war with them. We're just out to see CIG maybe eventually get what it deserves... which isn't millions of dollars, Porsches and mansions and vacations all around the world. And of course laughing at whatever is coming up that's corny.

The only comedy in the thread comes from a few sources:

1: CIG gently caress ups. (Since pretty much everything they say or write is a lie or half truth, these happen almost every time CIG does something. Not to mention they are bad at it anyhow)
2: People believing after all this time that what they hear from CIG is real, and their crazy posts to defend that belief at all costs. (Like the pupil to planet video... what is that now? Like 9 months overdue? There's not even a scrap of evidence to support that it's "coming" ever; and that's funny)
3: Crazy backers (B'tak, piracy rape guy, Stimpire guy, that Adama guy and his art, the Twitter guys, etc)
4: Creative goons poking fun at the above three.

That's pretty much it. Rehashes of old memories, cats and dogs and food. Occasional goon infighting.

There's no war. There's no smear campaigns. There's no organized take downs of whatever. There's no deep secret initiative to sink goon tendrils into CIG or whatever. It's basically different variations of goons laughing at and finding the above topics that keep it going. :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Colostomy Bag posted:

Apparently this game is unsinkable.

My friend, nothing is unsinkable.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Cao Ni Ma posted:

lol if cig backed itself into a corner with 3.0 being nowhere close to release and having to dump a 2.7 in between to buy themselves time

I may be wrong, but I have this sneaking suspicion that 3.0 wa literally just a cut scene made in their engine.

I think 3.0 is about as close to release now as 4.0 is. Which is to say nothing is made, none of it works, and if CIG wants they can just say "oh! This is 3.0/4.0 it turns out! Have fun! Still working on [all the features supposed to be in the release]!"

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Beet Wagon posted:

You should go tell the dudes at KiwiFarms IMO
He'd find himself among friends at KiwiFarms.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Beet Wagon posted:

He's too busy crying at gnarlyhotep for banning him almost 2 years ago.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Unreleased footage of the star citizen opening leaked!!!11!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtUQNsu7RpU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ArfJason posted:

Yo, im glad you all still watch every second of hours long streams of people you hate, but i want to remind you thats incredibly loving weird.
I also want to remind the thread where people doxxed twice that you all need to stop doing that, along with harrassing people and obessing over 50k word reddit posts.
Please stop.

And I am glad you all still visit forums and read every post of people you hate, but I want to remind you that's incredibly loving weird.
I also want to remind the thread where people told you to leave twice that you all need to stop doing that, along with bothering posters and obsessing over 50K word forums posts.
Please stop.

EDIT: Now With Improved Spelling And Punctuation!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

Wow, you made me look and that board is terrible

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Please stop quoiting him.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Isn't it though? They're doxxing SA users currently. I don't think anyone here is going to be at risk, being as this thread isn't their target, but you may want to just double check yourself to make sure you don't get caught in the crossfire.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

I'm just glad that despite everything, even when huge laughing stock idiots like Cymellion was discovered to be being harassed, the general consensus of the people in the thread was to leave the guy alone and let him have his opinion. Nobody was all "lol go reck him!" Unfortunately I'm sure the reddit guys (and probably Cymellion himself) will gleefully overlook those facts.

The unfortunate disadvantage of trying to have a "war" is that if your "enemy" exhibits positive or endearing qualities, it gets more difficult to continue the war. Removing those "normal person with logical feelings and emotions" from people makes it easy to look down on them.

If some hardcore backers or reddit guys hating on goons and such could swallow that they'd probably realize it's because this "war" they think is happening is only them having a war against a group who isn't at war with them. We're just out to see CIG maybe eventually get what it deserves... which isn't millions of dollars, Porsches and mansions and vacations all around the world. And of course laughing at whatever is coming up that's corny.

The only comedy in the thread comes from a few sources:

1: CIG gently caress ups. (Since pretty much everything they say or write is a lie or half truth, these happen almost every time CIG does something. Not to mention they are bad at it anyhow)
2: People believing after all this time that what they hear from CIG is real, and their crazy posts to defend that belief at all costs. (Like the pupil to planet video... what is that now? Like 9 months overdue? There's not even a scrap of evidence to support that it's "coming" ever; and that's funny)
3: Crazy backers (B'tak, piracy rape guy, Stimpire guy, that Adama guy and his art, the Twitter guys, etc)
4: Creative goons poking fun at the above three.

That's pretty much it. Rehashes of old memories, cats and dogs and food. Occasional goon infighting.

There's no war. There's no smear campaigns. There's no organized take downs of whatever. There's no deep secret initiative to sink goon tendrils into CIG or whatever. It's basically different variations of goons laughing at and finding the above topics that keep it going. :cheers:

And, the sad thing is, if this game had come out, I am sure Goons would have played it. I would have. Seriously. But the Citizenry is so strident and smug that only THEY know what is going on (which it appears actually isn't happening) that one almost can't resist the urge to start trouble. Furthermore, the game does actually exist. But not on a computer. It is IN THEIR MINDS. I saw one of the quoted posts in the thread where the poster comments that he is a trader. Of what, exactly, chum?

The Titanic posted:

I heard you go down and all it takes is an iced drink.

(Sorry! Was COMPLETELY unable to resist.)

The Titanic posted:

I may be wrong, but I have this sneaking suspicion that 3.0 wa literally just a cut scene made in their engine.

I think 3.0 is about as close to release now as 4.0 is. Which is to say nothing is made, none of it works, and if CIG wants they can just say "oh! This is 3.0/4.0 it turns out! Have fun! Still working on [all the features supposed to be in the release]!"

As per the above, I do think there is one other kind of goon. One that gets a goodly bit hacked off at people scamming obviously delusional other people and getting away with it over and over and over again. Yeah, it is not THEIR skin in the game financially, but there is their moral skin...

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Seconded. I was happy in my ignorance such a place existed.

Now I am unhappy.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

So according to the latest "news", CIG in the "worst case" scenario (Ie: funding stops immediately) they do not have enough money to complete both S42 and SC and they are to an extent reliant on S42 sales to continue the income needed for SC?

Would I be right in assuming S42 has already been sold as a preorder to most interested parties, therefore further sales and funding from this element alone is likely to be very limited, and if it is bad as chunky bubble farts during a hot date on a warm day then sales from that alone could possibly be terrible.

It does sound to me as though they are highly reliant on S42 selling high numbers after it is released in order to keep the lights on, in a limited niche market at best with currently a bewildering supply of really fun and well made space games that cater to most sci fi tastes and even more on the way which look like they'll arrive well before S42.

I feel the end times are upon us, great fear I sense in them. :D

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

D_Smart posted:

So Chris did an eye opening interview with a German magazine which I am having translated for a new blog I am going to be working on.

The shocking key takeaway is that

1) he has finally admitted that they don't have enough money to finish the game.

This after raising $140 million.

2) as my sources indicated and which I reported back in Oct, 3.0 didn't exist at the time when he was claiming it was coming before Dec 19th, 2016.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5nzm2j/some_insight_on_financials_from_gamestar_interview/

So, I was right again, huh?

LOL stop trying to twist words around

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Anticipated hit Squadron 42 might not get released? :ohdear:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Sabreseven posted:

So according to the latest "news", CIG in the "worst case" scenario (Ie: funding stops immediately) they do not have enough money to complete both S42 and SC and they are to an extent reliant on S42 sales to continue the income needed for SC?

Would I be right in assuming S42 has already been sold as a preorder to most interested parties, therefore further sales and funding from this element alone is likely to be very limited, and if it is bad as chunky bubble farts during a hot date on a warm day then sales from that alone could possibly be terrible.

It does sound to me as though they are highly reliant on S42 selling high numbers after it is released in order to keep the lights on, in a limited niche market at best with currently a bewildering supply of really fun and well made space games that cater to most sci fi tastes and even more on the way which look like they'll arrive well before S42.

I feel the end times are upon us, great fear I sense in them. :D

This is one of the facets of this disaster that not enough people consider. Chris thinks - like quite literally 100% believes - that Squadron 42 is basically going to be his Wing Commander of 201X. He is extrapolating his past success with the original title into 201X money and sales figures, and he's banking on it completely. He knows that it'll happen. Chris is completely stuck in a spacetime anomaly where the entire world went into stasis with his last Wing Commander game, and we're Sleeping Beauty waiting for the savior of PC gaming to kiss us out of our low-fidelity slumber.

I can't loving wait for the gaming press, and the public at large, to mercilessly savage this crap attempt at a game and banish Chris back to the Phantom Zone where he belongs. They can toss Sandi and Ben in there with him.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Beet Wagon posted:

Isn't it though? They're doxxing SA users currently. I don't think anyone here is going to be at risk, being as this thread isn't their target, but you may want to just double check yourself to make sure you don't get caught in the crossfire.

I was born male and identify as male and have never been a mod so I think I'm okay. They seem to be specifically targeting trans people, women, and mods. Also, they like to post about gamergate, to no one's surprise.

Sorry trans/ladygoons.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Scruffpuff posted:

This is one of the facets of this disaster that not enough people consider. Chris thinks - like quite literally 100% believes - that Squadron 42 is basically going to be his Wing Commander of 201X. He is extrapolating his past success with the original title into 201X money and sales figures, and he's banking on it completely. He knows that it'll happen. Chris is completely stuck in a spacetime anomaly where the entire world went into stasis with his last Wing Commander game, and we're Sleeping Beauty waiting for the savior of PC gaming to kiss us out of our low-fidelity slumber.

I can't loving wait for the gaming press, and the public at large, to mercilessly savage this crap attempt at a game and banish Chris back to the Phantom Zone where he belongs. They can toss Sandi and Ben in there with him.

Apparently you missed the theory crafting on the RSI forums. 1% or so of the World's population will be playing Star Citizen, probably even more! I think folks projected it could be as much as 10%, would probably be 5%, so just use 1% as the budget figure... What a great thread it was.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Are you kidding? Seriously, do you believe the own bullshit coming out of your mouth? You were FORCED to deliver BC3000.

LOD is literally an extension of every one of your games - ever.

I'll let him explain.

Sunswipe posted:

Yeah! Keep making GBS threads on Dean Koontz, that'll make King a better writer!

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

Heh, I can't wait for the year 2027 to roll around, when a maverick games developer from the distant past returns to save pc gaming with a groundbreaking idea "Galaxy Denison", a multiplayer game revolving around a plucky singleplayer hero fighting the scourge of the Vanrathi around one oddly specific part of the solar system, firstly grovelling to publishers to pitch his new game, then onto kickstarter to hopefully claw back some of his most coveted supporters.

Using hooks such as "From the inventor of the space game genre" and "The man who was despicably cast aside by publishers", he will go on to pitch a game that consists of early 2020's motion and aroma capture, the fabled E:D COBRA mk3 dev engine as a base, and some of the best 'pretending to be qualified' people in the business and the stained vest wearing fat guy he rents his 'office' space/abode from. The whales will return, hideously scarred and maimed from both previous burns and their time in the divorce courts and during territory brawls under the overpasses where their stuff is.

Not sure where I'm going with this to be honest, it just sorta slipped out m'lud.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin
Dear Moma:

Derek Smart doesn't need to make good games (he doesn't) to point out what a complete loving scam Star Citizen is. I feel a little bad for you, either you're aware of the bullshit because you're a paid shill or you honestly believe the poo poo CIG puts out. Either way, I just feel pity for you.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I request that none of you examine hours long streams frame by frame with a thoroughness that'd make the team that solved the london nail bomber case look like ineffective amateurs, especially because people have the wrong opinion about videogames. It's not a normal thing.

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf

ArfJason posted:

I request that none of you examine hours long streams frame by frame with a thoroughness that'd make the team that solved the london nail bomber case look like ineffective amateurs, especially because people have the wrong opinion about videogames. It's not a normal thing.

oh ok

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I request that people stop replying to low effort trolls like ArfJason because I have that boring idiot blocked for a reason and I'm tired of seeing it.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

So

Star Citizen is GOOD.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Midnight Voyager posted:

I request that people stop replying to low effort trolls like ArfJason because I have that boring idiot blocked for a reason and I'm tired of seeing it.

:same:

And what's this Kiwifarms poo poo about? Has someone on another bit of SA started a forum feud?

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

The Titanic posted:

What are your thoughts in the new discovery that the titanic sunk due to a fire and not because hitting an iceberg?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Sunswipe posted:

:same:

And what's this Kiwifarms poo poo about? Has someone on another bit of SA started a forum feud?

They hate women and trans people and think SA is a haven for SJWs so they're doxxing and harassing posters/their friends/family. They're also trying to say that all the mods/admins are pedophiles as an excuse to doxx them, too.

e: of course a lot of them are former SA posters who were banned for being unfunny bigots, but I'm sure that doesn't factor into their intense hatred at all.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jan 15, 2017

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

ArfJason posted:

Your changing Avatar is really pissing me off.

:siren:
Does anyone have the pic of Roberts with the pipe in Amsterdam? I have an.... Idea.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Goobs posted:

What are your thoughts in the new discovery that the titanic sunk due to a fire and not because hitting an iceberg?

Does not suprize me that she was so hot people went down on her.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

:ughh:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Jonny Nox posted:

Your changing Avatar is really pissing me off.

:siren:
Does anyone have the pic of Roberts with the pipe in Amsterdam? I have an.... Idea.

let me doxx that for you

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

ArfJason posted:

Yo, im glad you all still watch every second of hours long streams of people you hate, but i want to remind you thats incredibly loving weird.
I also want to remind the thread where people doxxed twice that you all need to stop doing that, along with harrassing people and obessing over 50k word reddit posts.
Please stop.

lol at you telling people to stop harassing others

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs
Rex Ryan has taught me that anyone who brings their brother to work with them is a loving retard.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

TrustmeImLegit posted:

The original complaint was that there are no NPCs in Star Citizen. This is false.

I believe what he meant was that the AI in SC is rudimentary. Which is true as TZ hasn't implemented it yet.

My overall point is if you are going to make blanket statements trashing old school pros like Tony Z you better at least know basic terminology to not get laughed out of the schoolyard.

If you can replace all your NPC's with a model of a computer terminal and people wouldn't notice the difference, you probably don't have any NPC's.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Sillybones posted:

If you can replace all your NPC's with a model of a computer terminal and people wouldn't notice the difference, you probably don't have any NPC's.

If you can replace all your computer terminals with a model of an NPC and your backers applaud you as a genius, you probably don't need to code any NPCs

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

So here's some critical analysis of Star Citizen that I did. I think the logic is pretty solid but check over my work to see if it makes sense.

FACT: Star Citizen is not out.
FACT: There is proof Star Citizen is not, in fact, out.

And one minor piece of conjecture on my part, I realize this might be a stretch, so I almost hesitate to bring it up. I mean it's almost not even really worth mentioning but I think it does add some degree of context to this train of thought.

FACT: Everything CIG has shown looks like hot dogshit.

What's next???? I'm not sure, let's all think about it over the weekend and report back on Monday with our ideas.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

You too can sponsor a game in extreme engineering debt, for just the price of a can of cola every day. It doesn't seem like much, but if everyone in the United States gave that much, then the dream could go on at least a couple of years longer. With your help, Chris and Sandi can make their dreams come true while they visit many fascinating places around the globe, spreading the dream and getting good sun tans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

I honestly cannot understand how someone can say they've got two grands worth out of SC. How the gently caress in 4 years can you get enough gameplay out of something so broken and incomplete to make it worthwhile? You'd get more entertainment, gameplay and depth out of Air Control.

EDIT: Catte tax

CrazyTolradi fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Jan 15, 2017