Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I mean UHH YEAH DUDE has been making episodes since 2006 and have never been on a network, so it is possible to do. It's only recently that they've taken to Patreon since they've been staunchly against selling episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Yeah but it's cruel to hold other podcasts to the UYD standard.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah I mean everything is different for everyone, that's kind of the takeaway here.

It's similar to the situation with Spotify, where people like David Lowery voluntarily give up guaranteed money for ethical reasons. It's gross to tell other people what to do with their own thing.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
I would strongly consider going to NYC to watch a live show of the gang playing D&D with a knowledgeable GM.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

kalensc posted:

I would strongly consider going to NYC to watch a live show of the gang playing D&D with a knowledgeable GM.

Stuart Wellington lives in NYC and is a good GM. Flop House/WHM crossover!

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Evil Mastermind posted:

Yo, Eric, I have a ton of RPGs you guys would love that I could run for you over Skype or whatever. Call me!

I know a guy in New York who's a bigtime D&D fan (and, more importantly, bathes and doesn't sound obnoxious) if they ever needed someone to DM.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Vermain posted:

I know a guy in New York who's a bigtime D&D fan (and, more importantly, bathes and doesn't sound obnoxious) if they ever needed someone to DM.
I'm not sure I like your implication, sir. <:mad:>

Seriously, though, I'd love to hear the guys trying out an RPG. Especially something over-the-top like Feng Shui 2 or Godbound. Admittedly, I'm in the "don't start with D&D" camp, but that's a topic for a different thread.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I want them to play Call or Trail of Cthulhu to see how quickly Steve kills himself.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
Can the loving tabletop nerds go back to their hole, please? Do they really push this easily into a thread?

TAZ WHM crossover confirmed

Wake_N_Bake fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jan 15, 2017

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Why does Goku need to learn to drive

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
He needs some kind of milestone to get him to act like an adult.
Nothing will be enough to do that though.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Good Lord the Patreon shows get intense. Andrew's diatribe on how terrible robot automation is and how terrible a universal wage would be was surprising heated on the Robocop Animation Damnation episode. And all of the Nexus shows are a lot dirtier than expected as well. As someone who isn't exactly a Star Trek fan they're interesting and wacky enough to keep my interest when I thought they wouldn't.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Violator posted:

Good Lord the Patreon shows get intense. Andrew's diatribe on how terrible robot automation is and how terrible a universal wage would be was surprising heated on the Robocop Animation Damnation episode. And all of the Nexus shows are a lot dirtier than expected as well. As someone who isn't exactly a Star Trek fan they're interesting and wacky enough to keep my interest when I thought they wouldn't.

I keep hearing that from both the Whm guys and also listeners, but they don't strike me as being particularly more vulgar or anything. Maybe I'm just too desensitized to it too much in general.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
Eric, I was really happy to meet you guys at the LA show. I was the guy who casually mentioned that he was a Something Awful goon. I am so sorry. No one should ever know that.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Evil Mastermind posted:

I'm not sure I like your implication, sir. <:mad:>

Haha, oh god, I'm sorry - I sincerely didn't mean to rib at you there specifically. :pwn:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Vermain posted:

Haha, oh god, I'm sorry - I sincerely didn't mean to rib at you there specifically. :pwn:
Nah, I got that; the joke was there so I took it.

In other news upcoming Stay Tuned Moontrap: Target Earth will be coming out soon on direct-to-DVD. And not a hint of Koening to be seen! Do you think they even bothered calling him?

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

AlliedBiscuit posted:

I was the guy who casually mentioned that he was a Something Awful goon. I am so sorry.

You have broken the code of SA and vengence will be swift. :spooky:

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
I live in Jersey and emailed them after the D&D episode offering to DM a session for them, but they never responded. :smith:

I could even put a lot of TITS in it so they could air it on CINEMAX!

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
‪My comedian friend just posted a very heartfelt status about Collateral Beauty. Should I link the WHM episode?‬

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Count Chocula posted:

‪My comedian friend just posted a very heartfelt status about Collateral Beauty. Should I link the WHM episode?‬
:sever:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I know I'm late to this party, but put me in the camp to say I love you guys so much and I understand the ads, do what y'all gotta do, but I think the thing that messed me up about the mid-roll ads was how jarring and unnatural it felt. I didn't hate the ads themselves and hell I've even bought things at you guys' behest, it was more you guys being in a flow and then all of a sudden Andrew's like "And now, this." Like I was used to the preshow ads, but part of the beauty of the show is how you guys move through a movie and the ads disrupt that.

I'm also gonna echo the people who say that Eric's transparency means a lot, though.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
There's a new Nexus out for Patreon subscribers

Andrew pretty clearly misspeaks at one point too. He clearly means to say that Harry Mudd is one of the best characters TOS ever invented, but he accidentally mispronounces "best" as "worst"

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/ericszyszka/status/821039573283303424

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Haha that's awesome.

Huh, this is the first time I can recall a new ep not showing up on my app at midnight.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

kalensc posted:

Haha that's awesome.

Huh, this is the first time I can recall a new ep not showing up on my app at midnight.

Something must be up with it, because as of this post, it's not on their site, they didn't make a Facebook post about it, and it's also not on my app.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
It's up now

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I'm liking what they're doing with the mid episode plug music.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

As an enjoyer of insane TV procedurals, this was quite promising. The past works.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

They keep accidentally describing Batman: Assault on Arkham when writing their better Suicide Squad movie.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Midnightghoul posted:

As an enjoyer of insane TV procedurals, this was quite promising. The past works.

"The only thing he was drowning in was madness" :stare:

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

My local cult movie night just showed a great WHM candidate, THE LINGUINI INCIDENT. It's a mediocre romantic comedy set in NYC and starring David Bowie and Rosanna Arquette. It's mostly bland but with the attention of 3 New Yorkers who are good at mocking romantic comedies it might be hilarious.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Pops Mgee posted:

I'm liking what they're doing with the mid episode plug music.

That's the same music they used during the break in the Son of the Mask episode, wasn't it?

By the way, what's the name of that music? I've heard it thousands of times but I don't know what it's called.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Spanish flea.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Jose Oquendo posted:

Spanish flea.
Thank you!

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
The use of Spanish Flea as plug music got me to listen to them instead of skipping them. I have a problem.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

The use of Spanish Flea as plug music got me to listen to them instead of skipping them. I have a problem.

Right there with you buddy. Spanish Flea makes everything better.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

The audio cue was just what they needed to fit the plug into the show. A couple seconds warning beforehand to get that skip button ready, and a couple seconds after for people frantically paging through trying to find the end. I listened to the whole thing though because their plugs are funny and Spanish flea is great.

Too bad it's their last episode though, Parademon guy is gonna find them and exact his revenge.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Them talking about Captain Boomerang's ~random~ plush unicorn made me remember that Deadpool did the exact same gag just a few months earlier and it actually worked then, which only makes them stealing doing the same joke by complete coincidence that much worse.

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
"Do you know how I got these tax breaks?" Yessssssssssssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Glad they brought up the lovely glamorising of Joker and Harley's relationship, because the movie seems like it was written by the kind of people who missed the point of it.

"Thanks for showing up, Katana."