Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Alright, there's a couple directions I can go with Rodan. Tell me what you think and I'll do it, Werix. It's your game.

1. I build a new Heretek character from the ground up and give him the same cybernetics, infamy, and corruption Rodan would have at this point. Whether or not I get to reroll the current Intelligent Cyst mutation is up to you; if you give me a new mutation, the heretek in Rodan's head completely supplants him. Otherwise he still has the original Rodan in his head as a psychotic voice that makes him yell dumb things in critical social situations. Either way, as a Heretek he loses access to psychic powers because his "soul" has changed, basically, and his new goal will be to get them back by eventually point-buying the Idolitrex Magos advanced archetype whenever you feel it's plot-appropriate.

2. I do all that but you let me point-buy Idolitrex Magos's special abilities and set of free psychic powers right now for whatever cost you feel is appropriate, because he's already learned supplemental sorcery offscreen during the timeskip. With PR limited to my CB, he wouldn't exactly be a point-efficient powerhouse for a long time. Or ever, frankly.

Either way I explain what the deal is in my "new" character sheet's short bio in here, so nobody has to actually read it unless they give a poo poo (and they should not). Alternative third option:

3. Shut up and stick with your current character, Dachshund, in which case I'll, y'know, shut up and keep playing Rodan. If doing my dumb thing here would be disruptive, I'll just deal with the consequences of my many bad decisions. I'm not hating him as much now that we're past my utter low point of doing less than nothing to chaos spawn. I can make it work. I'll want a chance to reroll the mutation eventually, but it doesn't have to be now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Yeseul is now at 25 corruption so yeah that's a mutation. Undivided is the way to go.

Since they have pretty decent brains I'm thinking of picking up Medicae? (We don't have a medic!!!!) And try for a medikit pickup I guess.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Dachshundofdoom posted:

3. Shut up and stick with your current character, Dachshund, in which case I'll, y'know, shut up and keep playing Rodan. If doing my dumb thing here would be disruptive, I'll just deal with the consequences of my many bad decisions. I'm not hating him as much now that we're past my utter low point of doing less than nothing to chaos spawn. I can make it work. I'll want a chance to reroll the mutation eventually, but it doesn't have to be now.

This option, but not because I'm being my usual rear end in a top hat self. As you said, using fire against the Spawn sucked. But I like the concept of a cybernetically enhanced psychic assassin with warp weapon blades able to smuggle weapons in anywhere because his weapons are the loving warp. Here is where I give YOU some options:

1. If you really don't like pyromancy, go ahead and refund the EXP you spent on those powers. Not going to lock you into them if you don't want.
2. Keep the pyromancy powers. What they have in Tome of fate is a little anemic, so I will let you (and anyone else who goes pyromancy) also buy any of the pyromancy powers from Dark heresy 2. Fiery Form, Flame Shield, and Molten beam are broke as poo poo, and they help shore up the small offering of pyromancy powers in Tome of Fate.

Skellybones posted:

Yeseul is now at 25 corruption so yeah that's a mutation. Undivided is the way to go.

Since they have pretty decent brains I'm thinking of picking up Medicae? (We don't have a medic!!!!) And try for a medikit pickup I guess.

First Roll: 16, so range of 14-18. Winged, Blessed fits, Steel-Hearted.
Second Roll: 42, so 40-44. Featureless face, Illusion of Normalcy.

if I were a betting man I would guess you're going to take winged or Normalcy.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Totally fine with that, wouldn't have put #3 up there if it wasn't something I was cool with.

I know you're cackling about leaving me 50 xp short of Favored by the Warp, though :v:

e: Regarding the DH2 pyromancy, can I just refund the BC pyromancy entirely and start buying my way down the DH2 tree, because pretty much everything on there is much better. I think 300 xp for Manipulate Flame + Spontaneous Combustion is a much better deal than 200 for Manifest Flame + Fire Bolt. I'd be perfectly willing to add BC's source-of-flame rule to the DH2 powers, I'd be sourcing from my Flamer's fuel tank anyway.

e2: Hesitant XP expenditures, pending GM approval, are refund the BC Pyromancy, then pick up Manipulate Flame, Spontaneous Combustion, Quick Draw, and Double Team. Bank the remaining 100.

I'll do acquisition rolls here while I'm at it.

PC Light Power Armor vs 26 (26 -20 Very Rare +10 Single +10 Poor): 68

Stummer vs 46 (26 +10 Average +10 Single): 33

Skeletal Petrifaction vs 26: 38

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jan 14, 2017

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Going with Illusion of Normality even though there's nothing to hide (yet).

Acquisition - Medikit: 1d100 48 vs 56
You are now allowed to get injured

Acquisition - Good MIU: 1d100 54 vs 16
Acquisition - Good MIU infamy reroll: 1d100 85
No luck

Acquisition - Synskin: 1d100 18 vs 16
So close :argh:

I almost want to get Cursed Heirloom Light Power Armour, but I'l probably get the result that makes you reroll Fellowship tests.

Skellybones fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jan 21, 2017

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Dachshundofdoom posted:

e: Regarding the DH2 pyromancy, can I just refund the BC pyromancy entirely and start buying my way down the DH2 tree, because pretty much everything on there is much better. I think 300 xp for Manipulate Flame + Spontaneous Combustion is a much better deal than 200 for Manifest Flame + Fire Bolt. I'd be perfectly willing to add BC's source-of-flame rule to the DH2 powers, I'd be sourcing from my Flamer's fuel tank anyway.

Sure. Wouldn't make sense if I told you you could refund and abandon pyromancy, keep but buy DH2 one, but not refund and buy DH2 ones.

Wondering if the same thing could be done for a certain Survivor of the burning of Prospero ...

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

I think I'm going to have to swap my mutation to Emaciated, even though it's entirely negative. I want to not be totally chaos corrupted at this point.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Werix posted:

Wondering if the same thing could be done for a certain Survivor of the burning of Prospero ...

Go for it, I don't mind at all.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Firesight do you want to pick up tech-stuff advances while I go medicae? I think Cully is the only one with Tech Use right now. Or I can pick up Tech Use too and you go full lore or something idk.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Skellybones posted:

Firesight do you want to pick up tech-stuff advances while I go medicae? I think Cully is the only one with Tech Use right now. Or I can pick up Tech Use too and you go full lore or something idk.

I think I'll go full lore for now

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Okay, I've taken

Intelligence +5 (250xp)
Tech-Use +0 (200xp)
Medicae +0 (200xp)

putting me at 2000/2100xp

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Acquisitions (Light Carapace (26), then Black Blood (16), then Skeletal Petrifaction (26): 3#1d100 45 3 91

Well, at least I get Black Blood.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Viva, do you have mutations, or no?

Also, going to try and update tomorrow. I recently decided to do a play with the local player's club, and rehearsals are Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights, so expect updates on Fridays until late March.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Werix posted:

Viva, do you have mutations, or no?

Also, going to try and update tomorrow. I recently decided to do a play with the local player's club, and rehearsals are Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights, so expect updates on Fridays until late March.

No mutations, the dude only got 3 corruption and started with zero. He has a ways to go.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Jan 20, 2017

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Could Yeseul do a 'fade into crowd' thing to take them by surprise? I think that falls under Deceive, Unremarkable gives a bonus for it.

e: I realise this would leave our poor grimy psyker as their sole target.

Skellybones fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Feb 1, 2017

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

Skellybones posted:

Could Yeseul do a 'fade into crowd' thing to take them by surprise? I think that falls under Deceive, Unremarkable gives a bonus for it.

Meh, griminess aside, she can take it.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Actually Cully is also there, unless he doesn't want to be.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Fight begins outside the obscura den he's at?

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Skellybones posted:

Fight begins outside the obscura den he's at?

" Cully mostly sulks around; he doesn't have skills that would help Yeseul dig out a Chaos Sorcerer, but has nothing better to do besides find an Obscura den."

Sorry, that is supposed to be that Cully sulks around with you folks. It is the only thing he has to do besides go to an Obscura den.

Skellybones posted:

There aren't that many people in the alley you are in to fade into a crowd. Besides these six folks, you four are the only other group of note. Very few other people. and what people are there are in groups of one or two. Unremarkable or not, they'd still notice you peel off and start walking with another group. They've obviously noticed Rodan slipped off, they just don't know where he is.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I'll post this weekend. I have school to focus on.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Maybe we can turn around and glower at them? If we can get them talking then we might learn who sent them.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I think if this works, our go-to solution for everything will be to hold our gross psyker out in front until the other party gives us what we want.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I'll get a post sometime this weekend in all my games.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
alright, this is an interest check, because since about the middle of February, i've only had posts from Skelley, Viva, and Jolinaxas, and I am not going to run a game with just three people, and I really do not feel like opening recruit back up. So if Dachshundofdoom, doesn't post in the next 24 hours an interest to continue as Rodan, I'll likely put this one to bed.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Will there be a new game?

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Viva Miriya posted:

Will there be a new game?

Like, eventually sure. You know I can never learn my lesson and just stay with one game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still interested in running this game, but I'm finding it hard to find players since the pool of good and consistent players seems to be constantly dwindling. I just don't feel like opening up recruitment again.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Ayyy cool now if I don't want to keep posting as the miserable little personality-free psyker the party doesn't need and who never does anything of value, the entire game dies and I'm the rear end in a top hat.

I'll post in a few hours. Seriously though, I gotta put my foot down. Rodan is no fun at all. Let me make a social heretek, a renegade sniper, something with actual personality so I can make posts beyond grunts of assent.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Dachshundofdoom posted:

Ayyy cool now if I don't want to keep posting as the miserable little personality-free psyker the party doesn't need and who never does anything of value, the entire game dies and I'm the rear end in a top hat.

I'll post in a few hours. Seriously though, I gotta put my foot down. Rodan is no fun at all. Let me make a social heretek, a renegade sniper, something with actual personality so I can make posts beyond grunts of assent.

Guilt is a powerful tool.

Make your new character, post it here, fluff how it is they got to footfall. They will get introduced as part of your current jailbreak attempt.

If you fluff someone as some sort of noble secret society prick, you can be someone currently present stirred by Yeseul 's words/bored.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Victoria Reddcliffe

Daddy Dearest always loved Erika better. Twins, us, and she was the later of the two. But the world's not a just place, so she got groomed as the heir apparent of the Reddcliffe Rogue Trader dynasty. I got packed off to the Adeptus Mechanicus as a useful political tool for the family. When you have enough wealth to throw at the Mechanicus, they'll let your kid skip right to the top. Mechanical replacements indistinguishable from real flesh, high-end brain implants, the works.

I never forgave him for it and I never will. I'm a bloody calculator now, a servitor with a personality, pithed like a ploin and stuffed with machinery. There's this indescribable sense of loss, like I've been hollowed out. There's nothing wrong with my senses, there's nothing wrong with me, and yet I feel absolutely empty. Maybe I'd like it if I'd started from the bottom and had all that machine god nonsense seriously drilled into me until I bought it. Yeah, then I'd love this. But I went in worshiping the Dynasty above all, just like daddy wanted, and you know what I got in return? Nothing. Erika basks in luxury and politics while I live with a bunch of faceless clanking freaks who consider a personality a defect and who have the unmitigated audacity to call me the freak because I still have something resembling skin, all so the dynasty had someone in their back pocket to apply pressure on the Cogs if they ever needed it.

And then I get the news that my father's dead. The old bastard finally croaked and the Warrant was up for grabs. It was supposed to be Erika's by right, but it's not that simple. There's always a window of opportunity for clever, better members of the family to take control. So I took my leave from the Mechanicus and I went home, fully intending to destroy my harpy sister by any means necessary. She'd stolen everything I ever deserved, so it was time for her to know what that felt like. But in my absence, she'd grown cleverer than she was when we grew up together.

Daemons. She'd trafficked with Chaos. Brought everyone with a claim together in one place and dropped a horde of Warp horrors on us. I only made it out because unlike most people, I can survive with most of my body removed, and I wasn't going to die there. Not until she paid for everything she'd done to me. She'd corrupted half the dynasty's holdings to her new gods and left the rest scrabbling around trying to figure out who was in charge now that most of the Warrant claimants were dead. It took far too long to press my claim. Years of arguing and assassinating each other, wasting resources and time that should've been spent fixing this mess under my leadership, all while she ran around with the Warrant ruining the family name with debauchery and Chaos worship. If news got out to the Imperium at large, the Warrant would be revoked and we'd all be good as dead.

Decades wasted trying to track her down. I spent every last resource at my disposal, called in every favor, burned bridges with every ally. And it's all led to here. Confirmation of what I'd suspected: she ran to the Screaming Vortex years ago when local Navy patrols got too close to cornering her. I haven't come this far to quit now. I have nothing left. Nothing. I've lost, destroyed, or sold every last resource the family had to get this far. Now I'm looking for a way off Footfall, dealing with Chaos scum to take me into the Vortex. I don't care anymore. Emperor's dead, Omnissiah's false, none of it matters. My soul is just another piece of property to be bartered away. But I am better than her, and I am going to catch her, and I'm going to kill her. And once I have the Warrant and the Silver Whisper, I'll finally get what's been coming to me.

pre:
Name: Victoria Reddcliffe
Alignment: Unaligned 
Archetype: Heretek
Pride: Wealth
Disgrace: Wrath
Motivation: Vengeance

WS:  41 (16)
BS:  33 (8)
S:   35 (10)
T:   36 (11)
Agi: 40 (15)
Int: 46 (16 +5 Archetype)
Per: 41 (16 +5 Disgrace -5 Motivation)
WP:  32 (12 -3 Pride -2 Disgrace)
Fel: 33 (8)

Wounds: 17 (-1 Disgrace +2 Motivation)
Infamy: 31 (26 +5)
IP: 3/3
CP: 12

Skills:

Common Lore (Adeptus Mechanicus, Tech, Any Two)
Dodge +10
Forbidden Lore (Warp)
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Scholastic Lore (Chymistry)
Tech-Use +10
Trade (Armourer)

Talents:

Armour-Monger
Die Hard
Double Team
Enemy (Adeptus Mechanicus)
Mechadendrite Training (Utility, Weapon)
Meditation
Minion of Chaos
Sprint
Technical Knock
Weapon-Tech
Weapon Training (Las, Primary, Shock, Power)

Traits/Mutations/Other:

The Quick and the Dead: +2 to Initiative Rolls

Mechanicus Implants
Binary Chatter
Machine (4)
Unnatural Intelligence (2)

Gear:

BC Lascarbine
Power Axe
Light Carapace Armour
Unholy Unguents
Combi-Tool
Dataslate
Utility Mechadendrite
Maglev Coils
GC Cerebral Implants
BC Mechanicus Assimilation (4)
Medicae Mechadendrite
Dendrite Blades (4)
BC Bionic Legs

Acquisitions:

BC Mechanicus Assimilation x4 (-10 Rare -20 Best +0 Minor +20 Wealth)
Medicae Mechadendrite (-20 Very Rare +10 Single)
Dendrite Blades x4 (-10 Rare +0 Minor)
BC Bionic Legs

XP/Inf/CP Log:

XP		2100/2100

Mechadendrite Training (Weapon)-500 (U)
Infamy +5-500                       (U)
Minion of Chaos-250                 (U)
Double Team-250                     (U)
Weapon-Tech-250                     (U)
Dodge +10-350                       (S)
pre:
Name: Surge (Upgraded Combat Servitor)

WS:  36 (16 +5)
BS:  18 (8 -5)
S:   31 (16)
T:   31 (16)
Agi: 30 (15)
Int: 25 (10)
Per: 26 (11)
WP:  27 (12)
Fel: 18 (8 -5)

Wounds: 12
Skills:

Athletics
Awareness
Dodge +10
Parry +10

Talents:

Ambidextrous
Double Team
Counter Attack
Crippling Strike
Flesh Render
Furious Assault
Weapon Training (Chain)

Traits/Mutations/Other:

Brutal Charge (4)
Machine (4)
Multiple Arms (3)
Unnatural Strength (3)
Unnatural Toughness (3)

Gear:

Chain Greatsword w/ Venom Drip
Chainsword w/ Duellist's Grip, Mono
Light Carapace Armor

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Apr 6, 2017

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Sup. I think to minimize overall risk we need to split the party simply to get this ship warmed up so we can leave at a moment to notice. We also need to take control of it or at least have enough mercenaries on deck from the crew we drum up to sieze it. How are we gonna get this? We have an inquisitor on our side and we all have infamy so let's start with that.

For the breakout I think we should take him in transit to the square or at the square itself. The former because it's in transit where we can easily ambush his protection detail and the latter because who the gently caress is gonna expect it? Also it would grant us additional infamy I bet. Regardless of what we end up doing I think we can agree waiting on the ancient starship engines to warmup is something we have no desire to wait on while running from the Inquisition. That's why I think it would be best to at least begin the rites on the ship sooner rather than later.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Step One: Use Infamy/Talky Skills to recruit plucky rag-tag band of psychopaths and murderers to be our crew, they exist in infinite supply in Footfall so it shouldn't be that tough.

Step Two: Scout out what the defenses around the ship look like and decide how few people we need on hand to take out the guards.

Step Three: Semi-simultaneous strike on the ship and execution so that I can kickstart its heart (or at least get started) while everybody else saves our Rogue Trader.

Step Four: Something something 13th Station of Passage.

Can we all agree on that?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Dachshundofdoom posted:

Step One: Use Infamy/Talky Skills to recruit plucky rag-tag band of psychopaths and murderers to be our crew, they exist in infinite supply in Footfall so it shouldn't be that tough.

Step Two: Scout out what the defenses around the ship look like and decide how few people we need on hand to take out the guards.

Step Three: Semi-simultaneous strike on the ship and execution so that I can kickstart its heart (or at least get started) while everybody else saves our Rogue Trader.

Step Four: Something something 13th Station of Passage.

Can we all agree on that?

sure and cully can probably do step two with like one other person

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I assume a bunch of the old crew is still on Footfall, unless they all had really good tips on getting new jobs fast. I don't know about the senior staff, they would have been directly complicit in heresy, would the Inquisitor let them go?

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Viva Miriya posted:

For the breakout I think we should take him in transit to the square or at the square itself.

This essentially one and the same. The good old hanging square is right outside the Imperial Block where he is being kept, so the transit to the square is like a march of shame about a football field long.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
A bunch of arbites with anti-armour weapons sounds nasty, they could do nasty things to us. Two days and limited resources really ties up the choices though.

The three main avenues seems to be -

1 Escalate battlefield force to counter them, such as hiring a bunch of suicidally stupid scum to distract them?
2 Draw them away from the battle beforehand, which would probably involve creating or faking a more pressing problem for them to be deployed to.
3 Sabotage in some way, like getting their shiny weapons recalled for maintenance.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Any boons Angry rear end Khorne can give my dude for being a true baller like some of that corruption or infamy?

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Post will be incoming this weekend most likely. I'm away at a training Tuesday through Thursday night. I'll be bringing my personal lap top, but I might not have the time in the evenings to update.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Werix posted:

Post will be incoming this weekend most likely. I'm away at a training Tuesday through Thursday night. I'll be bringing my personal lap top, but I might not have the time in the evenings to update.

Most likely my rear end.

Okay, so at first I thought this whole jail break thing was going to be really cool. I pictured a scene out of like a western where you all shoot the rope the guy is hanging from and scoop him up and GTFO. Then I turned it into a heist where you had a time limit to gather intel and resources. Now I just have no idea what the hell I was thinking, and I'm getting some major writers block. So there are a few options:

1. Let the game hold until I get over this heist related writers block.
2. Kill the game dead.
3. Suddenly orks attack.
4. Skip ahead narratively to you folks being in the vortex post escape, and well actually start playing a black crusade game as opposed the the Sector's most "Meh" Inquisition cell.

Leave thoughts below.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
I'm still into it. Let's just skip ahead to the Vortex if it's giving you trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Yeah, 4 works.

If you think there's a way to salvage it, I don't mind 1 either.

• Locked thread