Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
idk why capcom hid this from us for so long because that loving rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
I hope there's upgradable limbs. Make Resident Evil 7 into a backdoor Bionic Commando sequel.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax
What are the early impressions for RE 7 like? is it mostly positive or negative? Does it bring back traditional surival horror elements from the PS1 era games?

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
There were some outlets that have played the first 5 hours which is about a 1/3 of the game. Pretty much all positive.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Game ends with Chris throwing the protagonist in a wood chipper.

opulent fountain
Aug 13, 2007

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Game ends with Chris throwing the protagonist in a wood chipper.

And you turn into a bloody paste that smears around like Alex Mack until you can drown yourself in a vault of Umbrella Body Glue.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Kudos to marketing or whoever at Capcom has managed to make me go from scoffing at RE7 to making it my most anticipated game in a long time over the last year.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I havent paid a whole lot of attention to the game until recently, but I assume there is a reason the antagonist lets him pick up his limb and heal himself?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

the_american_dream posted:

I havent paid a whole lot of attention to the game until recently, but I assume there is a reason the antagonist lets him pick up his limb and heal himself?

Tutorial.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Wow, now I understand why Umbrella was so popular. They literally made miracle healing items. Everyone who dies in a RE game are scrubs who don't know about green herbs.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

That's fantastic but all you guys should be aware RE7 is a trash game that's bad remember? Don't forget that was the decided opinion months ago. The game is a shameless amnesia clone with no combat.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Len posted:

That's fantastic but all you guys should be aware RE7 is a trash game that's bad remember? Don't forget that was the decided opinion months ago. The game is a shameless amnesia clone with no combat.
who hurt you

Len posted:

Maybe it's too early to determine the enemies are unkillable, attack with pool noodles, and let the player slowly walk past them? This talk is reminding me of The Evil Within where one of the videos had an unkillable enemy and goons were convinced it would follow you the entire game and never let up.

Len posted:

Dude the demo didn't have combat so clearly the real game won't. Capcom is lying about there being guns and fighting.

Len posted:

Um sorry guys didn't you get the memo? Re7 is a poo poo game with no combat

Len posted:

People have had a hate boner for this game since the demo launched. Clearly the enemies are supposed to follow you forever

Len posted:

This thread is magic for RE7. It just bounces back and forth between extremes based on whatever is seen.

Demo has no combat? THERE WON'T BE COMBAT!
Short teaser shows a creepy monster that's a giant black mass of horror? GUNS SUCK

Do guns suck because it's a giant black mass of horror or because the guns have no feedback? We don't know but people are already judging. Never change goons.

Len posted:

But there wasn't combat in the demo that I watched pewds scream over on youtube

it's okay, we're all pals here
http://i.imgur.com/hiLlAFo.gifv

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Fereydun posted:

who hurt you

it's okay, we're all pals here
http://i.imgur.com/hiLlAFo.gifv

trap sprung

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

i think he's being sarcastic in all those posts

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Help Im Alive posted:

i think he's being sarcastic in all those posts

I am indeed. I'm actually super interested in the game and plan to rent it day 1. Probably won't buy it because i'm a bitch and easily spooked.

halwain
May 31, 2011
Some already have the game and are streaming it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqZEWXWQUXQ (spoilers obviously)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

nope!

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Oh good RE7 has Boss fights

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Lakbay posted:

Oh good RE7 has Boss fights

It has combat?! What!?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

the_american_dream posted:

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
https://www.twitch.tv/uaehero2050

this guy just got to the 2nd area

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I'm eager to see pro players perform an unarmed run of the game if you know what I mean.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

boy are my arms tired posted:

holy poo poo my hype levels are off the charts

:same:

Haven't been this excited for a game for a while, and that video is just reinforcing it.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I wish I hadn't jumped in for the greenhouse section before the stream got taken down, because man am I sick of seeing that bit of the game and Marguerite.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Raxivace posted:

I wish I hadn't jumped in for the greenhouse section before the stream got taken down, because man am I sick of seeing that bit of the game and Marguerite.

I watched briefly and what stood out most to me seeing someone actually play is that the game looks way less horror-y in action. It looks like a RE1/2 style game more than a RE4 style one but it absolutely doesn't look like Amnesia or Outlast.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Looks overwhelming with the amount of stuff to inspect while Mr Baker chases you around.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Looks overwhelming with the amount of stuff to inspect while Mr Baker chases you around.

Especially when they always walk back to the area they started in when they can't find you.

But to be fair that was probably an effect of playing on the easiest setting.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Lakbay posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/uaehero2050

this guy just got to the 2nd area

Already banned

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1DKfAFPgzk

Really obnoxious because he's streaming the VR version and the camera is super jittery when he turns left and right

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jan 15, 2017

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MT6UBBVxhk

First 45 minutes without any VR stuff.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Raxivace posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MT6UBBVxhk

First 45 minutes without any VR stuff.

between this and the original leak stream i think jack baker might be my 2nd favorite re villain

dude is loving great

i'm really glad the game didn't turn out to be super serious scarefest as they were presenting it as and is instead just pretty much evil dead as interpreted in the RE universe tonally

edit:

also i can't believe i was right about this

Fereydun posted:

i actually get the feeling the game's gonna have ridiculously detailed and grotesque damage feedback on non-invincible enemies

Fereydun posted:

my insane idiot theory is that they dont wanna show that poo poo off so people see it when they play and get pumped since they're going out of their way to hide as much about the game as possible but who knows

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jan 16, 2017

Boxing Snatcher
Jul 4, 2011

I have been looking for some great Beef Jerky since my local convenience store changed owners.
That is a very strong opening. I'm so excited for this game, can't wait to see how insane it gets.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I still can't believe there's actually combat in the game like holy poo poo

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm not watching leaked stuff but how much combat does there appear to be. Like, comparable to the early RE games? Less?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

I'm not watching leaked stuff but how much combat does there appear to be. Like, comparable to the early RE games? Less?

It looks about the old RE style where there's combat but it isn't omnipresent and a lot of it is small-fry stuff. I only watched a bit though so don't take that as gospel truth.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBTeuO0YbMA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvYhd-Y98f0

I presume this YouTuber will continue to upload footage.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's the point in spoiling a bunch of stuff for yourself a week before the game is out

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

What's the point in spoiling a bunch of stuff for yourself a week before the game is out

A lot of gamers have impulse control problems. I don't get it either.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I want to buy a PS4 just for this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm just gonna stay out of this thread I think, it's dumb