Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

CrazyTolradi posted:

I honestly cannot understand how someone can say they've got two grands worth out of SC. How the gently caress in 4 years can you get enough gameplay out of something so broken and incomplete to make it worthwhile? You'd get more entertainment, gameplay and depth out of Air Control.

this is why you don't call kickstarters an "investment", yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

CrazyTolradi posted:

I honestly cannot understand how someone can say they've got two grands worth out of SC. How the gently caress in 4 years can you get enough gameplay out of something so broken and incomplete to make it worthwhile? You'd get more entertainment, gameplay and depth out of Air Control.

EDIT: Catte tax

You aren't accounting for the sheer joy of insufferable smugness and false feelings of superiority? You know, like we get from being Goons, but for a LOT less money.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Good Dumplings posted:

this is why you don't call kickstarters an "investment", yeah
"buying games" = "investing money" Shitizen Pysch 101.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

CrazyTolradi posted:

obligatory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEYcGPF00l0

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
This slide show is for you, Propagandist. And any other bunnyfiends ITT.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

CrazyTolradi posted:

I feel like the cat will tear itself apart trying to claw the toast off it's back before hitting the ground.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Titanic was unsinkable. It was the Olympic that went down. You think JP Morgan would send a perfectly good ocean liner to bottom. Like this goyim doesnt know history or something.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Aw what happened to his hosed up av, dude whyd you buy this for yourself

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Lol remember when artie ziff bought himself a beanie baby av, what a loving loser

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

ya the devs working on the game dont understand development. how hosed on the head are these people?

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
Brian Chambers interview (pretty boring, "I cant talk about this and that," "community is awesome," etc)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRc5TpHL0WE

Dan Trufin interview (long, talks about dreams and promises, walks back on server capacities)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmtdliibcE8

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
also apparently a new build is going to evocati next week

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

intardnation posted:

Titanic was unsinkable. It was the Olympic that went down. You think JP Morgan would send a perfectly good ocean liner to bottom. Like this goyim doesnt know history or something.

I heard that Roberts was told to run Star Marine away from an iceberg but due to incompetencerefactoring he thought he meant the other way. But we'll never know because he got sent to Hawaii :shrug:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

ewe2 posted:

I heard that Roberts was told to run Star Marine away from an iceberg but due to incompetencerefactoring he thought he meant the other way. But we'll never know because he got sent to Hawaii :shrug:
It's more like the sinking of the Oceanic which the WSL had handed over to the Royal Navy in WW1, but it still had its civilian captain aboard, in addition to the Navy man. And the personnel were partially Navy, and partially the old passenger liner crew listening mostly to their old chief.
And then in the first military patrol they kept two clocks, one of which was real and the other was 40 minutes off, because the shifts were more convenient if they were 40 minutes off, and rewriting the schedule was harder than adjusting the clock.
Except no one was quite sure what time to put down in the log, or to use in dead reckoning.

Long story short: went 13 miles off course overnight, ended up stuck on the Shaalds of Foula, smashed to bits a few days after a full crew evacuation, wreck site declared undiveable for 60 years due to strong tidal currents. The captains (both) walked away from the trial unscathed.

Oh, and one of the crew members was a Titanic survivor.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

That reminds me, I need to go buy a sports team.

Also, he will discuss with you for as long as he feels on top of things, and then get angry and vanish. How can someone be so dense?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
They are learning :aaaaa:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5o0r3v/i_just_realised_we_missed_the_1year_anniversary/

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Is it so hard for you sub-morons to stop quoting the low-effort baiting mongoloid lol?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Ayn Marx posted:

Is it so hard for you sub-morons to stop quoting the low-effort baiting mongoloid lol?

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Ayn Marx posted:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Samizdata posted:

You aren't accounting for the sheer joy of insufferable smugness and false feelings of superiority?

False? My feelings are very real! :byodood:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Hmm… no. Frontier came out in October '93, and Horizons beta was in November '15. So neither the year nor the date seems to match with a “1 year anniversary”.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

I kind of hate how "fidelity" has become a SC buzzword.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

So Chris did an eye opening interview with a German magazine which I am having translated for a new blog I am going to be working on.

The shocking key takeaway is that

1) he has finally admitted that they don't have enough money to finish the game.

This after raising $140 million.

2) as my sources indicated and which I reported back in Oct, 3.0 didn't exist at the time when he was claiming it was coming before Dec 19th, 2016.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5nzm2j/some_insight_on_financials_from_gamestar_interview/

So, I was right again, huh?

Can you post the article or provide the issue number of the mag? I'd like to take a look at that myself.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Why the gently caress would PR matter? You have all your development money up front. Why the gently caress do you have open development if you don't want to handle the negative side of it?

Open development; unless it is something bad.

Come in, look around! No peaking in the closet though. It has spoilers.

Sillybones fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jan 15, 2017

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Does anyone have the Chris Roberts Scarface cocaine pix handy? Brother on the frontier forums wants a giggle.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
These idiots never seem to hit bottom, do they?

DOCa Cola
Feb 25, 2016

I am Ben Lesnicks wife, Alex IRL
Ask me anything!

Hopper posted:

Can you post the article or provide the issue number of the mag? I'd like to take a look at that myself.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5nx7qk/gamestar_article_google_translated/
The guy also posted the full untranslated german article in the comments. Full article also as PDF there for download.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Samizdata posted:

This slide show is for you, Propagandist. And any other bunnyfiends ITT.

The fur had overtaken the rabbit :3:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

toanoradian posted:

The fur had overtaken the rabbit :3:

Forgot to mention. That is a CIG Bunny, alpha 2.7.1.3.4.5.2.blahblahblah. Still being refactored.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

nawledgelambo posted:

Dan Trufin interview (long, talks about dreams and promises, walks back on server capacities)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmtdliibcE8

Every single drat time one of these videos pops up with a dev talking it's always : we're planning to, considering to, thinking about, working on"
Not once do they say " we completed .... "

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

Every single drat time one of these videos pops up with a dev talking it's always : we're planning to, considering to, thinking about, working on"
Not once do they say " we completed .... "

Isn't that just a coder thing? The completed is old news, look at all these neat PROBLEMS we have to solve now!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Sillybones posted:

Isn't that just a coder thing? The completed is old news, look at all these neat PROBLEMS we have to solve now!

In general, sure, but there's also someone planning and making those videos, who either actively picks on future hypothetical stuff, or simply has no choice because there's nothing completed to show.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
How long did it take Illfonic to make the FPS? I know when they had showable work in 2014 and 2015 when they were executed out back. When did they start?

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

intardnation posted:

ya the devs working on the game dont understand development. how hosed on the head are these people?

Game development is a constant learning process. Its not like riding a bike. Also people can just misspeak. He was playing a videogame at the same time and his brain thought "next patch" and 2.7 blurted out instead of the more complex 2.6.1.

Y'all are reaching.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Sillybones posted:

How long did it take Illfonic to make the FPS? I know when they had showable work in 2014 and 2015 when they were executed out back. When did they start?

that was all pre developmenr and star citizen is scheduled to begin in 2018 with an eta of shortly after the heat death of the universe

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Sillybones posted:

All of their work was so seemlessly integrated that no one knows for sure.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
"In the case of IllFonic and Star Marine, this 'winding down' and 'transitioning' has been in progress as IllFonic's part in FPS is coming to a close. And with the increased responsibilities for Star Marine development now sitting in Frankfurt and Manchester, we can assure our backers that they'll be able to play Star Marine in the very near future." -2015

:downs:

But, really, I was being serious. If this can't be answered, when the hell did Open Development start?

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Looking around the net I am learning more and more that nobody actually cares about Star Citizen. The most that is written about it must be this thread and the official forums that must just be filled with a few people discussing DREAMS.

Where do they even get the money from? Are these few remaining players really putting up tens of thousands a year individually? I am filled with a sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK
Documentary footage of /r/starcitizen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJh6EQ5gv7g

(That's Derek at 0:37)

e:taxxe: